State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-8-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I dont post much I usully just read. I have a guestion .How did the LE know about Gracie?

Most folks asleep in their hotel room won't have proof they didn't leave. Fortunately, the burden of proof isn't on Jason.

If I was a juror deciding whether a guy was guilty or not, I'd want proof beyond a reasonable doubt that he had opportunity to do it.

JMO
Guess we'll have wait for Spivey's testimony to hammer that "proof beyond a reasonable doubt that he had opportunity to do it".

Have they brought up his breakfast story yet? Maybe not but... folks who say they went to the breakfast in the hotel would have proof, if a camera takes a photo every ten to fourteen seconds. There's yet another lie known about.

Only because this is the first witness I have found discrepancies with.

You have not seen me talk about any other witness so far.

What she just said is all wrong.

Very different than her first testimony.

I must admit I am utterly confused.

Shocked!

How do you know? Based on what she said last time? You are using her testimony to impeach her prior testimony or vice versa?

I do suspect the defense will hone in on any discrepancies and point them out to provide doubt to her credibility. That's fair.

I am just not sure you can say something is all wrong - because it may just be all Gracie and her recollection.

I would be interested to know exactly how much prepping is done to assist a witness in testifying, and what is allowed / not allowed.

Why would the jurors believe the prosecutors story that Jason did leave the hotel when they have no evidence to prove it? They are instructed to weigh the evidence shown in court and it is lacking to say the least. There is evidence that he checked into the hotel and got his receipt in the morning. It would be completely normal to be sleeping during the time between those two events.

The gas station clerk is not credible - after seeing this I'm not surprised that there was a hung jury in the last trial.

Like somebody said yesterday, there is not proof he ever left the motel.....so he should still be there. No videos from any location showing him actually leaving.

I blame the prosecution for Gracie's nerves during the last trial. She was not prepared sufficiently and when she became confused on the stand the prosecution did nothing to try to help calm her down and get her back on track.

Not if they go back to her original stmts and last trial testimony.

Now, she says she knew of the murder before she was interviewed?

Where did that come from?

I think she is unable to remember accurately and the defense will use her conflicting statements to prove it to the jury. What it is leading up to is why the investigators did not seem to know about her brain injury. Or did they?

JMO

Hi all, I dont post much I usully just read. I have a guestion .How did the LE know about Gracie?

:welcome:

They went gas station canvassing, but there is so much wrong with this testimony, it's not even funny.

Hi janicetwin,

IIRC, LE found her while canvassing convenience stores from Raleigh to Hillsville.

They randomly took Jason's picture and a picture of his SUV to all/most of the gas stations between Raleigh and Hillsville, VA asking if anybody had seen him during that time frame. When they got to Gracie, she had, and that's how they found her.

Interesting how GL, who can point out the exact person she saw in her store on Nov 6, 2006, who has a cash receipt to corroborate that purchase, had a distinct encounter with a person who cussed her out and this had never happened before, and was able to ID the person and their vehicle the day after the murder when officers visited her at her gas station, is deemed "not credible."

Yet... the witnesses who saw someone who looked like Nancy Cooper the morning her lying husband said she went running, were believed completely by some of the same people, when the witnesses had far less of an encounter and couldn't be 100% sure who they saw.

Very interesting.

I see that , but this is different.

OMG, she just said her friend told her about the MURDER before police got to her.

WTH???

I may be confused but did I hear her state she was a "big news watcher" then turn around and say she did not see this on the news for a couple of weeks???
Her friend tells her about the murder, she lets it go "in one ear and out the other' talks with LE a few days after the murder,identifies JY as being at her place of work for gas and does NOT watch the news for a couple of weeks...Did I hear that right?

OMG, I know it......!! :maddening:

I will have to admit that if those transcripts are not dragged out tomorrow, then something is very wrong here and I am missing a huge piece of this puzzle.

I have been amazed all day at how most of the testimony this time differed.

JM :twocents:

Like somebody said yesterday, there is not proof he ever left the motel.....so he should still be there. No videos from any location showing him actually leaving.

I blame the prosecution for Gracie's nerves during the last trial. She was not prepared sufficiently and when she became confused on the stand the prosecution did nothing to try to help calm her down and get her back on track.

The proof he left the hotel is sitting in the courtroom. lol

I think Gracie was confused during the last trial and will again grow confused as the defense begins questioning her.

JMO

Seemed like a normal examination to me. Much more thorough this time with the added visuals. Last time Gracie was nervous, this time around she knows what to expect.

She's also coming up with a lot of information that she didn't know in the first trial ... I wonder where the new information came from. Her memory faded each time she was interviewed between the time of the murder and first trial, but now we have a crystal clear memory with new facts. Odd, to say the least.

Why would the jurors believe the prosecutors story that Jason did leave the hotel when they have no evidence to prove it? They are instructed to weigh the evidence shown in court and it is lacking to say the least. There is evidence that he checked into the hotel and got his receipt in the morning. It would be completely normal to be sleeping during the time between those two events.

The gas station clerk is not credible - after seeing this I'm not surprised that there was a hung jury in the last trial.

You say the evidence is "lacking", yet we're only on day three! There's so much more to come...

As far as it being "completely normal to be sleeping", well of course it would! Unless you had the opportunity and motive to go home and murder your wife during that time period, which he did.

Personally, I think Gracie is very credible. She's had two customers cuss her out and she distinctly remembers both. LE showed her a photo soon after the incident, before she forgot any details regarding his appearance and that's what's important, not who else was in the store since they were never interviewed.

Interesting how GL, who can point out the exact person she saw in her store on Nov 6, 2006, who has a cash receipt to corroborate that purchase, had a distinct encounter with a person who cussed her out and this had never happened before, and was able to ID the person and their vehicle the day after the murder when officers visited her at her gas station, is deemed "not credible."

Yet... the witnesses who saw someone who looked like Nancy Cooper the morning her lying husband said she went running, were believed completely by some of the same people, when the witnesses had far less of an encounter and couldn't be 100% sure who they saw.

Very interesting.

Who is GL? I fell asleep during Shelly Schadd and woke back up during Gracie Calhoun. Who all did I miss?

There were also discreptancies in the testimony from the night audit clerk. First time he said he noticed a camera was black and checked it out, this time he said he noticed the rock in the door or the camera unplugged when he was coming down the stairs after delivering papers.

The proof he left the hotel is sitting in the courtroom. lol

I think Gracie was confused during the last trial and will again grow confused as the defense begins questioning her.

JMO

LOL, we'll that is proof. But you know what I mean as there is no camera video proof that he ever left the motel.
It may be just as well that I can't watch the cross tomorrow. I don't want Gracie to suffer any if she becomes confused. I don't think the defense will intentionally be mean to her, but they may trip her up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71