State vs Jason Lynn Young: weekend discussion 11-18 Feb 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JLY had her in the 1-2 days before this happened at daycare. How do we know he didn't tell her not to tell anyone it was daddy that spanked mommy?

I'm looking forward to Monday to find out what is allowed to come in. I'm a little confused, and I'm hoping the dt won't have too much room with cross to muddy things up, and add more confusion for the jurors. Since we know cy's actions are coming in, I hope the pt will put a lot of emphasis on the chair. The chair shows a weapon was likely used, which would explain jy not having cuts, bruises, etc...

I'm looking forward to Monday to find out what is allowed to come in. I'm a little confused, and I'm hoping the dt won't have too much room with cross to muddy things up, and add more confusion for the jurors. Since we know cy's actions are coming in, I hope the pt will put a lot of emphasis on the chair. The chair shows a weapon was likely used, which would explain jy not having cuts, bruises, etc...

My guess is the defense will continue to refer to the "spanking" doll as the grandmother doll. Becky or whomever is doing direct and redirect need to continue to HAMMER THE POINT that there were ONLY THREE HUMAN dolls and the third was dressed in full medical scrubs. In fact maybe that doll should be there too. What if he "doctor doll" has dark brown or black hair? Certainly she wouldn't select that for daddy!

"I'm a widowed young professional with a wonderful 4 year old daughter who is the center of my world."

Keep hammering this home to the jury, defense team.
Jay did love his daughter (as much as a sociopath can love...he saw her as an extension of himself).
It only reinforces why CY was spared and subsequently cleaned and put back to bed.
What random, vicious killer that just slaughtered her mom would do that?

The 911 played in court cut out the obvious "daddy did it"

Listen, 3/4 to the end (5:01)when the phone is being transferred to the sheriff office....listen for the telephone rings...."Daddy did it"...."ok"
MF acknowledged, but she was in shock and it did not register...too bad.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/audio/1119462/

There's also another link to the 911 call out there, one that continues with Meredith talking to the Sheriff's office man. It continues where this one left off. IIRC, CY can be heard in that continuation. I remember hearing it a couple times.

My guess is the defense will continue to refer to the "spanking" doll as the grandmother doll. Becky or whomever is doing direct and redirect need to continue to HAMMER THE POINT that there were ONLY THREE HUMAN dolls and the third was dressed in full medical scrubs. In fact maybe that doll should be there too. What if he "doctor doll" has dark brown or black hair? Certainly she wouldn't select that for daddy!

That's where I'm confused, are they going to be allowed to get into the identity of the dolls and what she was saying, or are they only allowed to talk about cy's actions? I'm hoping they can't go into much detail about the dolls, and if so, I do hope the actual dolls can be shown....

Since I now have audio for WRAL (Love my son ♥), and didn't watch the first trial...
Which witness was the most important for the defense team and which for the pros. last triall. I am curious and have free time today to watch. Thank you in advance :)

Doesn't matter to me if you think him guilty, innocent, or are sitting on the fence.

(But please no shoes! LOL I know way too much about Hush Puppies now. )

There's also another link to the 911 call out there, one that continues with Meredith talking to the Sheriff's office man. It continues where this one left off. IIRC, CY can be heard in that continuation. I remember hearing it a couple times.

Definitely sounds like "Daddy did it." After MF asks "Was anyone here?" you can hear Cassidy continuously talk in the background. I just wish there was more. Kid was obviously pretty smart and sounds like she had a story to tell.

Definitely sounds like "Daddy did it." After MF asks "Was anyone here?" you can hear Cassidy continuously talk in the background. I just wish there was more. Kid was obviously pretty smart and sounds like she had a story to tell.

I'm sure others here remember the call. It continues from where this one leaves off. Where the deputy tells Meredith to 'walk outside'. It's where Mr.G shows up, and Meredith mentions 'she doesn't know what she did with her keys', and 'c'mon Mr.G, we're going to go outside now.' And Meredith then states something about the Fire Truck or Fire Dept. being on scene...etc. IIRC, CY can also be heard in that part of the 911 tape. I wonder why they cut it off at the point they do?

Web-Feature-Jason-Young-Cassidy-in-.jpg

Your ad on craigslist was a breath of fresh air... I'm glad there are a few ladies out there like yourself! I work in the greater Greenville area. I'm a pharmaceutical/bio-tech sales rep, so I'm all over the area. I'm a widowed young professional with a wonderful 4 year old daughter who is the center of my world. If that is a big issue, then let me know b/c we're definitely not the right fit. I would like to have another child at some point, but that's looking ahead too far I suppose. I hope the pics I sent are acceptable. I don't have any of just me, so you can see my daughter in a couple of them and my mom and daughter in the snow mobile pick from Montana... that was in March. The jungle/cave looking pic was from Puerto Rico last November and the other is just a moving van pic from a few months ago. I haven't downloaded the latest trip from Maine/New Hampshire that we all went on (mom, daughter and I) at the beginning of the month. I was going to send one of me posing with George W. Bush."

NCWANTED--The text above was written by Jason Young to an unidentified woman and posted on the internet in late June 2008"

http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/image/4812250/

Look at how big his hands are in this photo, compared to the size of little CY. And she's two years older in this photo then she was when her mommy was murdered.

You're here for that........:maddening:

Seriously - we're worried about the media "stalking" him? Well - since he wasn't granting interviews or using the media to put pressure on the police to find his wife's killer - how the heck else are ya gonna get a statement from him?

here's a novel idea - how about the following - said with sadness and genuine concern: "I'd really like the police and you all to focus on finding who murdered Michelle" - that kind of thing might get boring for the media to hear, or - maybe an appropriate reaction might make it look like he gave a rat's patootie. Sorry to interrupt your b-ball game, dude - but - in case you forgot - someone beat and strangled your wife in your home. Aren't you worried that if CY saw something - the killer will come back and tie up a loose end?

Oops - never mind.

Right. She didn`t identify the other doll as the `daddy` doll.

In any of the media since the murder, the only people Cassidy ever talks about are her mommy and her daddy. She is never quoted mentioning any kind of a stranger, bad man, boogey man, scary anybody, that tells me her daddy is the killer (along with a million other things).

bbm

After Meredith asked her 'was anyone here' the very first word I hear Cassidy say on the 911 tape, is Daddy. Some people insist the dialogue by Cassidy is pure gibberish, I hear several very distinct short sentences and lots of single words clear as a bell.

I've seen people get angry when a child's words are not used to help exonerate a perp and then get angry when a child who witnessed a murder and talks is believed and their words and actions point to the perp.

CY is not only a witness to the murder, she in and of herself is evidence. If nothing else you have to wonder why the perp not only let CY live, but took care of her before leaving the scene.

It makes me think people just don't want anyone to be convicted without a confession or a video of the murder, or a big fat hand print from the perp in the victim's blood. Welcome to CSI-land where if there isn't a big flashing full DNA match, in blood, with fingerprints, and a video, then there's "no proof." :rolleyes:

I think too the defense has to be careful not to make too much of the dolls as evidence of identity in the other direction or they could open the door for the DA to make as much hay as they can with anything CY did or said for identity purposes (fruit snack story, 911 call, etc.).

Seriously - we're worried about the media "stalking" him? Well - since he wasn't granting interviews or using the media to put pressure on the police to find his wife's killer - how the heck else are ya gonna get a statement from him?

here's a novel idea - how about the following - said with sadness and genuine concern: "I'd really like the police and you all to focus on finding who murdered Michelle" - that kind of thing might get boring for the media to hear, or - maybe an appropriate reaction might make it look like he gave a rat's patootie. Sorry to interrupt your b-ball game, dude - but - in case you forgot - someone beat and strangled your wife in your home. Aren't you worried that if CY saw something - the killer will come back and tie up a loose end?

Oops - never mind.

You have to give JY credit for not wasting anyone's time with a "someone else did it" attitude. Other people have, but not him. Never suggested LE should be going after anyone else, or anyone, or do anything. Never made a plea for clues or such. He took the stance that basically said, "It happened. You won't get enough evidence for an arrest. Let's move on. Catch me if you can."

No case against JY? Let’s see:

MOTIVE:

-JY basically hated MY or at least saw her as a real "ball and chain" who might end in an expensive divorce or continued frustration of his desired lifestyle.
-JY stood to profit from the death of MY: more than a million dollars.
-No one else known had anything to gain from her murder.
-Stated to other woman his regret, and how much it weighed on him, that he was now with MY instead of her.

OPPORTUNITY:

-JY had access to the home, and knew its layout and MY's schedule.
-From the time he exited the hotel at night to his next confirmed location, he had time to travel to Raleigh and back.
-JY seen exiting hotel. He had propped open his room door. He propped open emergency exit door at stairwell. Camera on same door he used is unplugged that evening. Camera is pointed up the following early morning (on his return).
-JY was identified on travel South of the hotel by a gas station attendant during the timeframe the state alleges he’d be returning. Perhaps not a smoking gun, but at least the whiff of gun powder in the air.

EVIDENCE AT THE SCENE:

-Footprints matching JY's relatively rare shoes, and his size.
-CY mentions only her Daddy and Mommy, and no one else, while talking during the 911 call. When asked if she knew what had happened to Mommy, the first word she says is “Daddy.”
-No forced entry.
-CY spared despite witnessing the crime, and in addition apparently cared for shortly after the murder. Dog was sequestered during crime.
-Witness ID's similar vehicle to his at home during the timeframe of murder (other witness may have ID'd a different car as well).
-Murderer apparently cleans self up at the scene (no material evidence downstairs; water hose used) implying being comfortable in the home and willing to spend the time to clean up there rather than where he intended to retreat. Random killer could have cleaned up back at his unknown location, but instead does it hanging out with a child who is a witness?? JY had to return to a hotel that needed to remain sterile – clean up at home.
-Only a few items taken; purse undisturbed, downstairs undisturbed.

ICING ON THE CAKE OF GUILT:

-Outfit JY had on leaving the hotel - the pullover is not in his truck the next day, despite JY's mother saying nothing had been removed at her house besides JY and his blazer.
-The shoes he owned that matched the sole and size of the pattern left at the crime scene are also missing, alleged by JY given away by MY to charity. So a random killer had the same size shoe and same sole pattern? Another unlikely thing you need to believe to let him off.
-Insane call activity the day of the murder.
-Doesn’t contest custody for his daughter, which avoids having to answer for his actions.
-Doesn’t contest wrongful death suit.
-Doesn’t, ever, demonstrate interest in the investigation.
-Quickly starts trying to nail other women.
-No interest in seeing wife decently treated in burial.
-Sequesters CY from F family.
-e-mail to wife includes among the insults the statement “I could kill you.”
-recent web searches dealt with knocking someone out and the value of his home.
-while brutally murdered wife is headed to the grave he tells her mother of how he will have to take a hit on the home.
-prior violence against woman he “loved.”

ARE YOU SERIOUS??

-JY says he propped his room door open at the hotel; and then went back downstairs and outside to smoke. He’s going to leave his luggage in his hotel room with the door unlocked when he could simply take the keycard? That’s crazy. He did it so he could reenter without using the card.
-JY says he needed MF to go by the house to get the print out off the printer before MY saw it. That’s crazy. He had zero regard for his wife and no demonstrated interest in surprising her. His previous night’s phone calls, on top of a couple to MY, apparently involved speaking with his bizarre mistress and telling MF that MY had lied about the fight they had had, and it really wasn’t so bad – he didn’t throw things at her.
-Nasty craigslist activity, using daughter as prop (I don’t have any pictures of just me).

WEAKNESS:

Franklin shoe prints (*cough* blisters on JY’s feet *cough*)
No adult witness to murder

-

this just off the top of my head, i'm sure there's more!

The case in my mind has tilted from what you need to believe to convict him to what unlikely things you need to believe to let him off.

- you have to believe the wife gave away his shoes that match the crime scene, yet a random killer wore the same size and sole pattern shoe
- you have to believe he left his hotel room unsecured for the purpose of having a smoke.
- you have to believe that CY's references to her father when asked what happened to her mother don't relate to what happened to her mother.
- you have to believe the pullover he wore the murder night, shown on camera, innocently disappeared from his truck despite there being no reason, other than it was evidence, for it having done so - the rest of his luggage that he had been seen with was present in the vehicle.
- you have to believe the gas station attendant who said she saw and talked with him, didn't (and you might).
- you have to believe he was really concerned about MY finding out that he might buy her a purse, that he was really worried about that as a reason to have MF come to the house ASAP.

Instead of needing to believe, it seems to me you have to go on a campaign of unbelief to let him off. Granted, the defense has yet to go so I mean only at this point of the trial and IMO.

No case against JY? Let’s see:

MOTIVE:

-JY basically hated MY or at least saw her as a real "ball and chain" who might end in an expensive divorce or continued frustration of his desired lifestyle.
-JY stood to profit from the death of MY: more than a million dollars.
-No one else known had anything to gain from her murder.
-Stated to other woman his regret, and how much it weighed on him, that he was now with MY instead of her.

OPPORTUNITY:

-JY had access to the home, and knew its layout and MY's schedule.
-From the time he exited the hotel at night to his next confirmed location, he had time to travel to Raleigh and back.
-JY seen exiting hotel. He had propped open his room door. He propped open emergency exit door at stairwell. Camera on same door he used is unplugged that evening. Camera is pointed up the following early morning (on his return).
-JY was identified on travel South of the hotel by a gas station attendant during the timeframe the state alleges he’d be returning. Perhaps not a smoking gun, but at least the whiff of gun powder in the air.

EVIDENCE AT THE SCENE:

-Footprints matching JY's relatively rare shoes, and his size.
-CY mentions only her Daddy and Mommy, and no one else, while talking during the 911 call. When asked if she knew what had happened to Mommy, the first word she says is “Daddy.”
-No forced entry.
-CY spared despite witnessing the crime, and in addition apparently cared for shortly after the murder. Dog was sequestered during crime.
-Witness ID's similar vehicle to his at home during the timeframe of murder (other witness may have ID'd a different car as well).
-Murderer apparently cleans self up at the scene (no material evidence downstairs; water hose used) implying being comfortable in the home and willing to spend the time to clean up there rather than where he intended to retreat. Random killer could have cleaned up back at his unknown location, but instead does it hanging out with a child who is a witness?? JY had to return to a hotel that needed to remain sterile – clean up at home.
-Only a few items taken; purse undisturbed, downstairs undisturbed.

ICING ON THE CAKE OF GUILT:

-Outfit JY had on leaving the hotel - the pullover is not in his truck the next day, despite JY's mother saying nothing had been removed at her house besides JY and his blazer.
-The shoes he owned that matched the sole and size of the pattern left at the crime scene are also missing, alleged by JY given away by MY to charity. So a random killer had the same size shoe and same sole pattern? Another unlikely thing you need to believe to let him off.
-Insane call activity the day of the murder.
-Doesn’t contest custody for his daughter, which avoids having to answer for his actions.
-Doesn’t contest wrongful death suit.
-Doesn’t, ever, demonstrate interest in the investigation.
-Quickly starts trying to nail other women.
-No interest in seeing wife decently treated in burial.
-Sequesters CY from F family.
-e-mail to wife includes among the insults the statement “I could kill you.”
-recent web searches dealt with knocking someone out and the value of his home.
-while brutally murdered wife is headed to the grave he tells her mother of how he will have to take a hit on the home.
-prior violence against woman he “loved.”

ARE YOU SERIOUS??

-JY says he propped his room door open at the hotel; and then went back downstairs and outside to smoke. He’s going to leave his luggage in his hotel room with the door unlocked when he could simply take the keycard? That’s crazy. He did it so he could reenter without using the card.
-JY says he needed MF to go by the house to get the print out off the printer before MY saw it. That’s crazy. He had zero regard for his wife and no demonstrated interest in surprising her. His previous night’s phone calls, on top of a couple to MY, apparently involved speaking with his bizarre mistress and telling MF that MY had lied about the fight they had had, and it really wasn’t so bad – he didn’t throw things at her.
-Nasty craigslist activity, using daughter as prop (I don’t have any pictures of just me).

WEAKNESS:

Franklin shoe prints (*cough* blisters on JY’s feet *cough*)
No adult witness to murder

-

this just off the top of my head, i'm sure there's more!

For me (for what limited knowledge I have on this case), since I've been following this second trial, if the hotel stuff (camera, rock, unplugging, etc) wasn't there, I wouldn't think he was guilty, despite all that other stuff you listed (shoes, leaving CY alive, etc). Simply because I would always come back to the fact that there would be no explanation or reason on how he would be able to leave a place 3 hours away, murder then return (be gone for 6+ hrs) and there is nothing to account for that.

But because there is that hotel evidence, it's really hard to write off all that other stuff. Then that other stuff (shoes, etc) fits, because now you have an event that corresponds to a place 3 hours away that he just happened to be at. I don't even think the PT needs the gas station stuff, it's just gravy. The jury doesn't have to believe the attendant, because you still have the hotel evidence.

I'm going to swing at the other side of this, but after going over and over this stuff, I am with the above posts. I'm just listing up what I think the pros should have to combat in the closing. Without having seen anything of the defense (beyond the intro'd evidence in pros case-in-chief)

Motive:

Defense could basically point to the opposite. Jason Young didn't contest the custody case or attempt to cash in on anything financially.

Opportunity:

He lived there. Of course he's going to have left some evidence behind. He was in Hillsville, VA and clearly continued on from Hillsville,VA west and then back into Western NC the next day.

Evidence Rebuttal:

His finger prints are not on the camera in the hotel.

There are unknown prints in the house.

There are unknown and unidentifiable shoe prints in the house.

There are identifiable shoe prints in the home that are clearly far too small for the defendant to have made.

There are missing items in the home.

IF they introduce the teacher, the defense is going to move quickly through her and point out that nothing CY did points back to JY. The dolls were women. There was a male doll available.

CY could have witnessed her mother's murder and been unseen (because of fear?) by the attacker.

All of the items that lend themselves nurturing CY, putting CY down, etc point to things that could have occurred BEFORE the murder and been accomplished by MY attempting to put CY to bed.

Defense Breakdown:

This case is not solved. It will be solved in a dozen years when one of these pieces of "unidentified" evidence is linked to another crime or more. Crimes that have not happened yet.

JY took no money from (or was unable to profit in any way) from the death.
He let CY go with MY's family.
He refused to go into combat in court over WD LS with his in-laws.
JY knew he was a suspect and had no way out so he took lawyerly advice and said nothing while waiting for the crime to be solved.

The fingerprint on the cap of the bottle/dropper from bottle is not JY, but it is a "print of value".

The states extremely thorough investigation came up with evidence, but not evidence that should convict this defendant.

The defendant was a bad husband, a poor father, a philanderer, <mod snip>, and of the relatively lower quality of human life. However, he did not kill his wife. He continued speaking on the phone to his booty calls. He continued whining to his mama. He carried on. This is not a man that wanted to make such a drastic change in his life. He liked being able to go on his "business trips." He liked having MY able and available to care for his children. This is a man who's life has been shattered (blah, blah, blah)

This case is not solved. The prosecution's own witnesses said over and over again that they could not link this to that and that so many pieces of this puzzle are unidentifiable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog