State vs Jason Young 2-17-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sixth amendment confrontation examination issue????

That was said by the defense. Hope the gritguy can help.

Dang it folks, I am horrible at typing fast.

Defendant has the right to confront the witness "testifying" against him. Whether it's the teacher, Cassidy, or whomever is making the statement referenced here (I'm not watching).

It's one of the issues when you're dealing with a deceased victim. Their statements can come in, and the accused has no way to "confront" those statements directly. The same can be said for CY's words or the teacher's words if they are not testifying in this trial. There is a hearsay issue, separate and apart from the confrontation clause.

ETA: Even if CY was on the stand in this trial, which I doubt, there would theoretically still be a confrontation clause issue with her statements, since she cannot testify as to what she said or did as a 2 year old, and therefore, cannot be crossed.

More than one person???? Did I hear that right?:waitasec:

What happening for us that can't watch/hear???

holy mackeral.

as much as I wouldn't want to believe it - it's looking like he had help????

I have to wonder what the teacher could testify to that wold not involve hearsay..

Judge agree that case is circumstantial..... and..... Cassidy witnessed this - and she's alive because of the killer's relationship to her..... means.....

He's going to think about it. And - he wants enough time to think - so not this afternoon.......... and - good for him - he DOES NOT want to hear what the witness has to say before ruling on it's admissibility.

Holy Cow - this could be huge.

I can't hear any audio, appreciate the play by play on this.

Can someone pretty much summarize what's going on? Thanks.

Why would the prosecution say 2 people and only one is on trial??? :what:

Did Cassidy see 2....possibly dad and someone else?

It bothers me that this will be left hanging over a long weekend (I assume court is not in session on Monday). I would not put it past JY and "his people" (not naming names) to intimidate and threaten any potential witness. There's a 3 day weekend for things to get twisted now that this is out in the open (prosecution's contention that someone else was there).

I would think the teacher could testify to what she observed, and only what she personally observed. She cannot say what it means (that would be for the jury to decide, if anything).

I hope the judge allows this info to come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes