State vs Jason Young 2-17-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense putting on record 14th amend. objection.

Since I'm explaining, I'll go ahead and take this one too.

Fourteenth Amendment is the incorporation of the Due Process Clause for state cases. They're objecting, most likely, to the use of an identification procedure, or this statement without due process of law. The Judge has to decide whether he can allow the testimony of CY, through this witness to "identify" JY and incriminate him.

Why would the prosecution say 2 people and only one is on trial??? :what:

Did Cassidy see 2....possibly dad and someone else?

That was confusing. I didn't know if they meant CY was playing with two dolls who hit the mommy doll or that CY witnessed two people the night of the murder as in Mommy and her killer.

The live stream just started up again without warning I thought it was from the old trial at first.

Someone who lives 5 hrs away as a 'helper'? Mang, could that even work?

Would play out timewise like this: call to 'helper' at 2:30am to 3am, 'helper' gets in car to get to Birchleaf, arriving around 8am-ish? Helps out, leaves, gets back to Brevard sometime around 2pm? 3pm?

I dunno.

Or...

Call from JY to someone in Brevard (need help). Then that person in Brevard calls someone trusted, who is much closer to Raleigh, to go and 'help' out.

I dunno.

I would think the teacher could testify to what she observed, and only what she personally observed. She cannot say what it means (that would be for the jury to decide, if anything).

I hope the judge allows this info to come in.

I think, if he allows it to come in, it can be used to show she was present during the murder, and was not injured. I am not sure if the Judge will allow anything more than testimony that states "CY was acting out her mother's death with dolls, as if she had witnessed the entire thing." I am hesitant to believe that Judge would allow any mention of JY at all during the exchange, but I am not sure.

Would play out timewise like this: call to 'helper' at 2:30am to 3am, 'helper' gets in car to get to Birchleaf, arriving around 8am-ish? Helps out, leaves, gets back to Brevard sometime around 2pm? 3pm?

I dunno.

Did he not talk to his mother that morning? Wouldn't LE had gotten her cell records to determine where she was?

That was confusing. I didn't know if they meant CY was playing with two dolls who hit the mommy doll or that CY witnessed two people the night of the murder as in Mommy and her killer.

The live stream just started up again without warning I thought it was from the old trial at first.

Very confusing and not very clear by the prosecution. I definitely heard him say 2 people. What did he mean? Wish I could listen to it again. I was on WRAL and it didn't show any of it until you posted the ABC link for me. Thanks

I missed part of that. CY was both with a child therapist, and then afterwards with her teacher observing her playing with a doll/doll house. CY certainly did see the crime. We've all wondered about this for so long. CY "mommy was on the bed, mommy was being *spanked*, then mommy was on the floor, being spanked some more". Not sure if those were the exact words or not, but the basic gist of it. Poor baby.

I dunno.

Or...

Call from JY to someone in Brevard (need help). Then that person in Brevard calls someone trusted, who is much closer to Raleigh, to go and 'help' out.

I dunno.

Didn't somebody say that Pat Young's *companion*/*husband* whatever, once say 'he'd kill for his family'? Or was that somebody else who said that?? Correct me please?

This did NOT come up at all during the 1st trial.

All new ballgame with this evidence.

OMG.

< thud >

I was in shock, but the best I remember, it was two dolls and also possibly Mommy was on the floor then on the bed. Then came the fruit snacks from Daddy.

as I remember ?
happened so fast and was rather shocking to hear this discussed.

No matter what, CY was a victim too. Did they ever find her diaper? If it was in a random spot, that would indicate she took it off. Or did a gloved individual take it off?

Also, I wish they'd asked SS if MY turned on the CD during the second time of trying to get CY down for the night. If the CD was turned on during/ after the murder, that would be a clincher for me. (Random stranger wouldn't care about child, wouldn't know where CD was, etc. ) If it was already on, how eerie and awful to have lullabies playing while a horrific crime is being carried out.

certainly puts in context (for us) the "Daddy did it" utterances heard on the 911 call.

I think the important things out of CY roll playing is she said mommy was covered in red stuff or something like that on the bed.....it's not like she was told about the crime. No one I'm sure told that child mommy was attacked in bed and was covered in blood. Her saying red stuff not blood shows it was a statement of her 2 year old development not anything she was told..such as blood. Also, saying she got fruit snacks is also very credible to me. How terrifying if she was in fact a witness and MY not only had to fear for herself but her child standing watching....Our of the mouth of babes is truth.

Beyond heartbreaking what that little girl saw....

So much was taken from CY. Such a pointless, wasteful, selfish killing. Easy, almost impossible not, to have a lot of emotion about it.

"2 people but only 1 on trial" would mean.

1. JY on trial for the killing and

2. 'Helper' person or co-conspirator not on trial, but witnessed by CY and acted out during her play therapy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95