State vs Jason Young 2-17-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhh my..no one on either side wants to expose poor child to testifying..even if "Incamera"...The defense can always say tainted due to suggestion by biased professionals..

Not necessary..The bottomline is..SHE saw at least part of the beating..and she was allowed to live, cleaned up..diaper removed (Never found so not self removed) and settled back to bed..

Sorry no one wil put a witness (2 yrs old) now 7-8 to recall such horrors..

NO stranger would allow witness to Live!! Let the juror's decide the probative value..Im sre some of those jurors know exactly how 2 year old express themselves in play,,Nothing further is necessary..:seeya:

Hi LyLo!!! Good thoughts up there!

Another lurker here, I lurked for good while and didn't even join until Shaniya Davis. Then I had to give it up for a while due the outcome of that one :( Still mostly a lurker but this case has been interesting to me.

Welcome to you and all our other newbies!!

Shaniya's case is heartbreaking but I am hopeful justice will be served.

Hi LyLo!!! Good thoughts up there!

HI..Sweet pea..LTNS..Have you been watching?? Im glued..didt see 1st one..so have sort of unbiased viewpoint....Good to see ya!!:seeya:

HI..Sweet pea..LTNS..Have you been watching?? Im glued..didt see 1st one..so have sort of unbiased viewpoint....Good to see ya!!:seeya:

I watched most of this trial last year but some of it overlapped the CA trial in FL, which I watched too. The verdict in the FL trial nearly did me in. This second trial is better....more information is coming out, the ADAs are moving along more briskly than the first time, etc. I think they know if they don't get it right this time they probably won't get a 3rd chance. The witnesses even seem better, perhaps they are more relaxed this year than last. Aside from the prosecution's annoying eeeeerrrrs, uhhmmms, and ahhhmmms which drive me crazy, it's been pretty good so far. But I always enjoy the defense's turn with cross and direct because we never know what's up their sleeves totally.
Glad to see you and hope you have been well!

UB0WV.Em.156.jpg

This is on the News & Observer website. In the same article they state CY "has been on the prosecution's potential list for both trials. She was not called as a witness during the first trial." (bold by me)

Guess that clears up the debate as to which side could call her as a witness.
http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/02/17/1863147/doll-play-by-jason-youngs-daughter.html

Wow, granny is pretty androgynous. Just asked my first grader what she thought the doll was and she said "It's a man wearing a lady's clothes!"
FWIW!!

As Gracie said...'Tall w/ blondish hair"
Yep, that purple dressed figure is a match!

I watched most of this trial last year but some of it overlapped the CA trial in FL, which I watched too. The verdict in the FL trial nearly did me in. This second trial is better....more information is coming out, the ADAs are moving along more briskly than the first time, etc. I think they know if they don't get it right this time they probably won't get a 3rd chance. The witnesses even seem better, perhaps they are more relaxed this year than last. Aside from the prosecution's annoying eeeeerrrrs, uhhmmms, and ahhhmmms which drive me crazy, it's been pretty good so far. But I always enjoy the defense's turn with cross and direct because we never know what's up their sleeves totally.
Glad to see you and hope you have been well!

From what I have heard..read and infer..THIS trial does have new and improved evidence..and this latest Daycare person is the bestest..She will make sure that the jurors look at the circumstantial evidence considering at least Jason must have been there..1) Cassey's relative calmness 2) Doggy (Mr. G) not upstairs but usually sleeps on his own bed in Master BR 3) Hush Puppies Shoe print 4) Hampton Inn alibi blown apart..Snap of him leaving just before midnight Feb 2/06 5) Newspaper delivery person seeing a SUV (white midsized) parked infront of house around 3-345AM 6) Gas Bar angry confrontations at around 5AM Nov 3/2006 (ID'd by witness) 7) NO garbage in house including diaper..bloody towels etc removed 8) Cassey as witness looked after and settled and allowed to live 9) SHOE print of Hush Puppy that Jason is known to own (but missing along with pic of clothing when left Hampton Inn @ Midnight) 10) Wedding rings removed..nothing else missing including electronics and alot of usual stranger burgerlary target items 11) Dog removed and kept down stairs..(No dog prints upstairs-bloody scene) 12) Finger prints inside voids of blood spatter on dry wall 13)Yikes so many coinkydinks!!:waitasec:

Need I go on??..Yet I havent even mentioned his behaviors with other women and hx with ex-fiance..So Heyy ..you connect the dots..This guy is even worse than Brad Cooper..:gasp:

The State obviously knew about the teacher’s potential testimony before the first trial. Why do you think they had her testify today instead of last time?

The State obviously knew about the teacher’s potential testimony before the first trial. Why do you think they had her testify today instead of last time?

I asked the same thing earlier and I don't think anybody responded. I sure don't know why they didn't use her testimony the first time. The jurors then, and now, can make of it what they may. I personally think it's pretty big.

She doesn't remember who picked her up that afternoon?

Could the pros have tried to get the teacher's testimony in for the 1st trial, but the judge said no?

I DID hear "Daddy did it." I was not expecting to! It almost sounded like she said it twice in a row, although I'm not sure about the 2nd time.

I thought she said "Daddy did it, boo, boos everywhere".

I asked the same thing earlier and I don't think anybody responded. I sure don't know why they didn't use her testimony the first time. The jurors then, and now, can make of it what they may. I personally think it's pretty big.

I wonder if they thought they had a conviction without it?? Protecting CY?? Not sure why they would not have used it during 1st trial, other than they had a lot of CE without it. I think they had to go back and start over and pull in anything else they could that was relevant.

I just watched the hearing and it seems that a woman was alleged to have hit Michelle. The prosecution wants the testimony entered to implicate Jason ... that the child witnessed the murder and only a father would leave his daughter, a witness, alive. I think we need to see stats on that ... whether only a father leaves a 2 year old alive after the mother is murdered. I think there are exceptions to that rule, therefore it's not conclusive.

I had to skip about 15 pages of comments ... anyone have the 6th ammendment objection details handy?

If it's a woman, that lines up with the vehicle seen by one of the delivery people.

Could the pros have tried to get the teacher's testimony in for the 1st trial, but the judge said no?

Sorry..This witness is NOT any teacher..but is a Daycare provider..who witnessed this (outside of room) and yes there was another outside worker who witnessed this play as well..

As to PROS not bringing it in in first trial has nothing to do with being disallowed..but in trying to protect the youngster..BUT after first go-round..They realize jurors arent common sensical nor able to connect dots..so felt this time=round needed to just show how Jason lied, his family lied and hindered any and all contact with wee Cassey..until his arrest and determined NOT to make any statement..thus turned over Cass to Meredith..I'd bet she has confirmed this..but does not want to expose her to courtroom/or incamera stress..Geesh she was 2 and her only way to communicate was with play acting..and NO ONE that age could make that up..Its what she saw and she mimic'd it..No explanations, needed nor names necessary..SHE lived..AND No stranger would allow that and why would they care about a nuisance child?? they wouldnt..but DADDY would..

Bottomline is Jury's need to be shown ALL and yes maybe they assumed intelligence..Hummmm NOT!!

WELCOME to posting! What took you so long? (kidding, i lurked for a long time, too, before posting, cuz the people posting in these threads seem scary :great:)

Scary? Us??? :maddening::D:slap::pillowfight2::saber::doorhide::dunno::panic:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member