State Wants Evidence From Casey's Defense Team

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If all the defense has is speculation, they'd be better off asking for a plea bargain, life in prison in exchange for taking the death penalty off the table.

But, somehow, I don't think Baez would go for a plea.......it wouldn't help build his career. He needs a high-profile trial to run in the same league as the famous defense attorneys like F. Lee Bailey (am I dating myself?) and Mark Geragoes.

At this point, even trying to rehabilitate his career-- maybe even establish that he HAS one would be a big enough job.

Can you just HEAR the jokes at Bar offices, professional conferences, conventions.......

Mr. Macaluso-Andrea Lyon is on line 1.:furious:
Jose Baez is on line 2.
anim_banghead.gif

Linda Baden is on line 3.
anim_cussing.gif

Mr. Macaluso?
Woohoo_emoticon_by_Xerceth.gif
Mr. Macaluso? I'm sorry, he can't come to the phone right now. He's ummm - indisposed at the moment!!
vomit2-1.gif

I want to hear JB's definition of the word "exonerate."

Exclusive Preview of JB's Compelling Defense

The Defense is allowing the media this exclusive preview of our compelling story in support of KC and her innocence. We feel strongly that, once the general public reads my book you will all admit that, now I get it, now it all makes sense, KC is innocent, poor thing.

attachment.php

Attachments

• empty book.jpg
    empty book.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 478
I distinctly remember JB saying in one of the hearings, (I believe the one about disclosing how he was being paid) that he didn't want to disclose the nature or direction of his defense. Maybe the words used were "defense strategy". I was puzzled at SS's response to agree because as we all here were screaming...."HEY...dude, if ya got proof of innocence, why the heck aren't you shouting it from the roof tops...bring it...prove it"!!!!! They certainly weren't out looking for the alleged "real" killer, they weren't bringing forth evidence of innocence, just filing motions, whining and bellyaching!

My bets are that the defense response will be, "ummm, uhhhh, Judge, we know she's innocent, and ummm, uhhhh, I guess if we have to show you our evidence, we will, but only in camera. Cuz, hummm, uhhh, the SA isn't turning over their discovery in a timely manner and ummmm, uhhhh, there are too many leaks in the SA and LE offices. And ummm, uhhhh, Judge, my client just isn't gonna get a fair trial if we turn this evidence over. It's not fair and ummm the jury pool is gonna get tainted."

Today's SA motion was extremely well written! Kudos to LDB! :blowkiss: (frankly, all of hers have been) But today I saw a great case of "CHECK MATE"!!!!

I just remembered, the defense DID do a few depos a long long time ago - I remember Tony L being one, can't remember the others.

How come they never filed them? Guess they didn't provide any "useful information" about Casey's "innocence".... sure would like to see them tho!

IIRC, he deposed people from Johnson's, a couple of officers from the Sheriff's dept. (Adriana Acevedo?? maybe) and Kio. Trying to remember any others.......?

I think the challenge that JB has is, the prosecution had volumes of discovery such that they could bury gold nuggets in there and it is still uncertain how they will put this together as a timeline, motive, theory, strategy, etc. Not so for JB, he does not have much so anything the Defense releases will discern the strategy even if it is piecemeal and disjoint.

Hasn't defense team been whining for weeks that they don't think prosecutors are giving evidence that warrants the death penalty? I suppose this will give them another excuse to say "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours". But it seems that prosecutors may have already given. 2000 pages? Is there really only 4 months left until the trial?

Where are AL motions she would be filing that would give a clear picture of where the defense was going?

Perhaps their defense consists of JW, crazy inmate letter, and the parents. Good luck with that. I can clearly see the credibility of these people. (sarcasm)

Thank You Spangle

If have this overwhelming feeling of elation at the moment.
Nice move State Attorney's :clap:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...k-casey-anthony-evidence-091009,0,57591.story
snipped
"According to a state motion filed Thursday, defense attorney Todd Macaluso told the court on Aug. 21: "There's substantial evidence, that we've discovered . . . that the body or the remains of Caylee Anthony were placed there after Casey Anthony was locked up in the Orange County Correctional facility."

The state is asking a judge compel the defense to provide names, addresses and all supporting documentation relative to their claim
Prosecutors argue Anthony's defense team has reciprocal discovery obligations. The only response Anthony has made toward fulfilling her obligation was defense witness lists.

"The only conclusion this Court can draw from the fact that no additional reciprocal discovery exhibit has been filed is (1) the exculpatory evidence does not exist, or (2) the defendant is intentionally violating the rules of discovery," the motion said."

I particularly enjoyed reading the above. :)

Your not the only one enjoying reading that section.

I can't wait to see where this leads.

I know! It's as someone posted the other day - there are so many other cases that have come and gone in much less time with much less evidence...why is this case seemingly so different? I'm waiting for the defense to refuse to provide discovery because it might convict Casey lol. I don't understand it at all. I love Judge Strickland, but what's with the delays and the bending over backwards for teaching schedules and unprofessionalism?

-------------------------------
Horace I agree.I do not know much about the law but it seemed to me if they have proof of her innocence why drag this on another year? What the he77 are they waiting for/.If I were KC sitting behind bars while they have proof I'd throw a fit.They are all mouth. I believe the autopsy report proves otherwise. I'd believe Dr. G. any day over any one of them.I wish SS. could lower the boom on them.:crazy:

Whatever they think they have must be pretty good, because it will have to overcome the fact the RoyK saw the skull there way on back in August-And he ended up being accurate.

Apparently her defense team shares this impression.....

Going out to buy popcorn and soda, the show is getting ready to begin!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

kew,

I really wasn't aware that the defense had to share their discovery,just dispute the discovey the State presents at trial. I know now,after reading the post here explaining it. Your reply was sort of snarky,but that's okay.:)

IIRC, he deposed people from Johnson's, a couple of officers from the Sheriff's dept. (Adriana Acevedo?? maybe) and Kio. Trying to remember any others.......?

But Eunice, He hasn't gotten all those names of the searchers yet......could be one of em' put her body there while KC was in jail an' while there were cameras & protester's and people up & down that block nite n' day.......OR he just hopes upon hope he can find something hinky in TL's phone records that just might pin it on him being over there while all those peeps were still there, yup--to somehow suripticously (sp?) dump a body................or. or what else has he been on a fishin' expedition for? OH YEAH.....JG's entire life story an' his cell phone, pc an' pings cuz ya know, even tho the "nanny" took Caylee an' JG hadn't seen her since what? The year before? Somehow according to the Monster of the Year "he's not to be trusted"..........and, and soooooo many other people had access to that car of hers even tho' good ole JB said in open court waaaay back NO ONE ELSE had that car in their possession the whole time, OOOps!

OH, yeah, an' ole G said someone else's body was in the trunk of his GRANDAUGHTER'S car, it was NOT his GRANDAUGHTER in that trunk............UGHH, yup they did do all them depo's but those were HONEST people, as is KC is in his Imagination--just as the "nanny" is/was in hers......

This is one of the most defenseless cases I have ever seen--besides maybe 2 or 3 other's in the entire Country..........maybe even Universe!!!!

And, may I add everyone involved's FAME & FORTUNE as opposed to trying to get a plea for this GUILTY client.....which I don't believe the state would even 'entertain' at this point cuz they've got the GOODS on little miss "innocent"!!!

PS After hearing KC's dreams of fame and fortune, signing her jerk Hancock on her pics and making the media rounds CAN you imagine her IRE at the fact her MOTHER was at the forefront of all that??? HaHaHaHa!!! Think that's why she's so mad at mommy & daddy? they got on national media. She did NOT. Ha Ha Ha!

Had to get that out..........after days in hospital tryin' to catch up again and just couldn't help myself here.

They got just what they had day THIRTY ONE.

NOTHING.

ETA: They're still hardly working on their 'discovery' as AL said in tha t last hearing--they need time to "investigate"............don't have time for check fraud case!

Is there a thread for the weed dealer, whose apartment KC broke into (I know it was her, had to be)? Can't find it in the WS search engine....Just curious about that incident, in the event the defense goes that route (they can no longer successfully go after JG or TL, IMO).
I don't personally think small-time weed dealers are murdering people everywhere, but I am dying to somehow get ahead of AL's game (JB has none).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back