Status Hearings Nov 14, 2017, Jan 22, 2018- Jason Autry and Dylan Adams

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

"...and trial will begin May 29th, and should last a week.
Change of venue granted to Chattanooga, jury will be sequestered..."

Trial will last a week? How can a murder trial only last a week?

I have seen many murder trials that were held in 3-4 days including the sentencing phase or the Judge handing down the sentence shortly after if the defendants were found guilty.

The longest murder trials I have ever seen held are in CA and they seem to go on and on forever but there is a lot of wasted downtime in between so that may be why.

I have also seen death penalty cases tried to its completion in 2-3 weeks. Of course Dylan's case isn't one. They must be expecting it to be pretty much cut and dried and think the defense may not put on much of a CIC themselves..if any.

IMO

Zoe Hastings' trial began on January 11. They were off for MLK day. Jury began deliberations last Wednesday. Guilty verdict reached Saturday (barely). Sentencing is today. That jury had a hard time agreeing, judge had to give them an Allen charge. Whew!

Four days in court. 23 hours of deliberation. Trial in a week.

Eta: Reply to katydid (not posting in wrong thread).

katydid said:
snipped by me....
Trial will last a week? How can a murder trial only last a week?

:dunno: I just wrote down what the Judge said. I guess he thinks it's a slam dunk....

So - hearing will be in about another hour? If I have my time zones right?! :)

TIA! See you then - opening up tweeters for Holly's case now.... :eek:nline: Will post on what pops up!

FoxNashville
‏Verified account @FOXNashville
3h3 hours ago

TODAY: The #HollyBobo trial continues as a plea agreement hearing is scheduled for Dylan Adams:
https://t.co/3qoQ0axbSp

Chris Conte
‏Verified account @chrisconte
2h2 hours ago

Will there be a plea deal in the #HollyBobo case today? We'll find out this morning @NC5

from this link: https://twitter.com/hashtag/hollybobo?lang=en

Bridget Chapman
‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3
15m15 minutes ago

TODAY: We're in Hardin County & will bring you the latest >>> Man charged in Holly Bobo's death could plead guilty http://via.wreg.com/KEs6x via @3onyourside #HollyBobo
https://t.co/saNTU5llex

Burton Staggs
‏ @burtstaggsnews
9m9 minutes ago

Judge in #Hollybobo case today the Doomsday clock will strike midnight today, if a plea is not reached.

Carley Gordon
‏Verified account @WSMVCarley
11m11 minutes ago

We’re in Hardin Co for Dylan Adams hearing. It starts at 11. We will be live-streaming and live tweeting @WSMV #HollyBobo

Judge says we are starting 10 mins late #HollyBobo

Omer Yusuf
‏ @OmerAYusuf
5m5 minutes ago

The scheduled hearing for Dylan Adams’ plea agreement deadline is set to begin in a few minutes #HollyBobo

A.
‏ @aimeliz318
10m10 minutes ago

My guess is that #DylanAdams will take his chances and go to trial. Some might consider it risky, but it’s a risk worth taking (considering the evidence). #HollyBobo

I hear voices in the court room on WAT.

Looks like the clerk is talking about getting a subpeona for somebody? Not very many people - I count about 9.

Anybody else watching - is that the Judge?

I'm guessing they're going to be more than 10 minutes late....

:waiting:

recessed until 1PM

I believe the Judge just came out - without his robes - to tell the audience, it is his fault they are running late... at least that's what I heard - the microphones aren't very loud in there.

Thank you all for giving us the updates! I can't watch a live stream and I'm anxiously checking in today to see what happens.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I believe the Judge just came out - without his robes - to tell the audience, it is his fault they are running late... at least that's what I heard - the microphones aren't very loud in there.

I heard him say that it wasn't his fault, he wasn't late and was ready to do his job. He said it was the request of all the lawyers. Then he said they have great restaurants and for them to go get a good lunch.

Some tweets....

Chris Conte
‏ @NC5_ChrisConte
6m6 minutes ago

Dylan Adams will be in court shortly. We will learn today whether he's going to trial in the #hollybobo murder case. Watch live: http://on.nc5.co/2D7GXvY

Judge tells courtroom that attorneys on both sides have asked to recess until 1pm #HollyBobo

Carley Gordon
‏Verified account @WSMVCarley
5m5 minutes ago

Attorneys now requesting a recess until 1 pm - Does this mean there will be a deal for Dylan Adams? Stay tuned #HollyBobo

So that would be delayed until 2 p.m. EST Grrrrrrrrrrrr................

hey Bravo, watergirl, mocity & jggordo! Glad to "see" you here! :wave:

a couple of tweets:

Gracie Nunyabiz
‏ @GracieNunyabiz
12m12 minutes ago

Will #HollyBobo's fam finally get justice today?
Dylan Adams hearing delayed until 1pm CST. Attorneys asked for the delay. Plea deal in the works? He should, just to keep us from having to hear that incest story again! 15 minutes to go
#RIP Holly!

Maranda Faris
‏ @WBBJ7Maranda
44s44 seconds ago

Hearing for Dylan Adams is expected to start in a few minutes after attorneys asked for a recess around 11:15 this morning. #HollyBobo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back