Stephen Powell Arrested in Washington State #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not good with posting maps, but this set has held my curiosity because of it's location - and it is a direct route from SLC to WA

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/aug/20/human-remains-found-near-coeur-dalene-river/

I could only hope that this interview would prove to be true

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-w...h-nearing-resolution-20110929,0,4362818.story

West Valley City Police Chief Buzz Nielsen talked with FOX 13 News about the Susan Cox Powell investigation and says he believes they are nearing a resolution in the case.

Nielson says since the start of the investigation in December of 2009, Susan’s husband Josh Powell has essentially impeded the investigation.

In regards to Steve Powell, the chief feels strongly that once all that evidence is analyzed he could be facing even more charges and his department will finally learn what really happened to Susan Cox Powell.

We know that they didn't find exactly what they were looking for out on the desert.

If Steve really was involved, could her remains really be nearer to WA ??

I just want an arrest already!!

I am not good with posting maps, but this set has held my curiosity because of it's location - and it is a direct route from SLC to WA

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/aug/20/human-remains-found-near-coeur-dalene-river/

http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_news/article_acd99de1-6320-59e5-adf7-840cb4f0db65.html

Kootenai County detectives are mum about whether there's evidence suggesting human bones found in August south of Rose Lake are those of a Spokane Valley man missing since last year who was last seen in that area during the summer of 2010.

Crime Stoppers of the Inland Northwest on Wednesday issued a press release offering a cash reward for information regarding Terry Lynn Mattingly, 45, who has been missing since last year.

Months after arrest, Steven Powell still in jail

http://mynorthwest.com/11/609312/Months-after-arrest-Susan-Powells-fatherinlaw-still-in-jail

It appears the father-in-law of missing Puyallup mom Susan Powell has either run out of money, or friends.
Steven Powell, 61, has been in the Pierce County Jail since his arrest on voyeurism and child *advertiser censored* charges on Sept. 23, 2011.

"He's being held on $200,000 bail," said Pierce County Prosecutor Mark Lindquist. "He'd have to convince a bail bondsman that he has collateral in the amount of $200,000."

But Powell, who had a pre-trial hearing Thursday, would have to post just a fraction of that amount to be released before his March 20 trial date.

Ah, his strategy of defense is going to be "general denial".

No, those aren't inappropriate photos of children you found in my house. Even if they are they aren't mine.

No, those aren't inappropriate photos of children you found in my house. Even if they are they aren't mine.

"...and if they are mine, the girls gave me permission. Just like Susan. And if they didn't give me permission, they liked it anyway. I promise. Just like Susan. I can read people's minds, you know. That's how I know Susan was in love with me. It was a sociopathi...er, telepathic love!"

I sure hope the jurors in Washington have had enough of Thing 1 and Thing 2 and will put Thing 1 away as long as possible.

If I were his attorney, I would have chosen "general denial", too. None of the other options seem appropriate. This option seems to be a general catch-all category if none of the other options fit.

IMO

I am wondering if SP will be allowed to leave jail in order to attend his son's funeral? Does anyone know if this practice is allowed in WA?

I know it is allowed in my state.

OT several years after our divorce, my ex was jailed. His mom passed away while he was locked up in county jail. The dang judge was going to release him to travel out of state for his mom's funeral! My brave stepdaughter, who lives out of state, called the judge and objected to him being released based on his history of swindling people out of money which could lead to him being a flight risk so the judge denied the request.

IDK if SP would request to attend the boys' funeral as it is being held at an LDS facility, which he hates. Yet, he seems to lack personal boundaries so I wouldn't put it past him.

Just wondering if anyone knows of the protocols in WA regarding this matter.

thanks much, and Moo

wm

I am wondering if SP will be allowed to leave jail in order to attend his son's funeral? Does anyone know if this practice is allowed in WA?

I know it is allowed in my state.

OT several years after our divorce, my ex was jailed. His mom passed away while he was locked up in county jail. The dang judge was going to release him to travel out of state for his mom's funeral! My brave stepdaughter, who lives out of state, called the judge and objected to him being released based on his history of swindling people out of money which could lead to him being a flight risk so the judge denied the request.

IDK if SP would request to attend the boys' funeral as it is being held at an LDS facility, which he hates. Yet, he seems to lack personal boundaries so I wouldn't put it past him.

Just wondering if anyone knows of the protocols in WA regarding this matter.

thanks much, and Moo

wm

I don't know about there, but here you have to request a furlough for funerals, and the family has to pay for the transportation and guards. Since he's in for child *advertiser censored* and voyeurism, I don't think anyone wants him near any children, could pose a big problem with the Judge granting a furlough even if the family came up with the money.

ETA: And he is now a suspect in Susan's murder, no, he's not going. Murder suspects don't get furloughs.

I don't know about there, but here you have to request a furlough for funerals, and the family has to pay for the transportation and guards. Since he's in for child *advertiser censored* and voyeurism, I don't think anyone wants him near any children, could pose a big problem with the Judge granting a furlough even if the family came up with the money.

ETA: And he is now a suspect in Susan's murder, no, he's not going. Murder suspects don't get furloughs.

could the 7G money that JP transferred out of savings and sent to 'someone', be for that or dad's bail?
It will be interesting to 'FOLLOW the MONEY TRAIL"

Thanks 21merc7,

I feel better now. I don't want this man to receive a furlough for either his son's funeral but especially the boys'.

Yeah, most likely the judge wouldn't allow it due to his charges. Phew! I was worried there for a moment when this thought crossed my mind.

wm

Oh wm, don't take my word for it. That is the way it is here, I have no idea about there! I just don't see a Judge being too keen on it, nor do I see anyone bailing him out. So, I'm guessing money is against him.

Passionflower, I would hope the family would not use the money to get him out. Seems they have enough to pay for now as it is, JP's funeral/burial/cremation, and any pending monies about the house he destroyed. It would be interesting to find out where the money went. Has that been discovered and released yet?

I don't think Josh will kill himself alone.

I think if he DOES get the kids back, he may know it is temporary... and he may ensure that nobody else gets those kids.
I have thought for quite a while that if it is obvious the end is near for Josh... that he will take all 3 of them out.
I want to believe he couldn't kill his boys... but I am not so sure. If he thinks they can't live without him...

I think it's possible that if Josh commits suicide, he may leave a note telling where to find Susan... and taking the blame OR blaming it on his father. It would depend on how he felt about his father at that point...

As long as the boys are safe and Susan is found... whatever Josh does I can live with...

Your post from Sept. MsF gives me chills now...

I don't think Josh will kill himself alone.

I think if he DOES get the kids back, he may know it is temporary... and he may ensure that nobody else gets those kids.
I have thought for quite a while that if it is obvious the end is near for Josh... that he will take all 3 of them out.
I want to believe he couldn't kill his boys... but I am not so sure. If he thinks they can't live without him...

I think it's possible that if Josh commits suicide, he may leave a note telling where to find Susan... and taking the blame OR blaming it on his father. It would depend on how he felt about his father at that point...

As long as the boys are safe and Susan is found... whatever Josh does I can live with...

I remember your post also and felt you were right you had him profiled correctly.
I wish the Judge had your sense.

A thought keeps coming to me about a possibility. I wonder if SP's desire for children wasn't becoming more and more intense and he wanted JP's little boys. JP was on the phone with him weekly, at least, and maybe SP was doing his usual control thing and telling JP he had to get rid of Susan for because etc etc etc. JP does it and immediately brings the two little boys to SP's house where they, apparently, run around naked in front of SP and others in the house. Sounds too fishy to me. SP couldn't actually use someone else's kid because they would 'tell' so he maybe figured the grandkids were controllable. And I wouldn't doubt SP is the one who was further coaxing JP to go over the edge and do this horrible thing to shut the kids up. Just a guess. However, I do see JP as a psychopath in his own right with or without his father.

A thought keeps coming to me about a possibility. I wonder if SP's desire for children wasn't becoming more and more intense and he wanted JP's little boys. JP was on the phone with him weekly, at least, and maybe SP was doing his usual control thing and telling JP he had to get rid of Susan for because etc etc etc. JP does it and immediately brings the two little boys to SP's house where they, apparently, run around naked in front of SP and others in the house. Sounds too fishy to me. SP couldn't actually use someone else's kid because they would 'tell' so he maybe figured the grandkids were controllable. And I wouldn't doubt SP is the one who was further coaxing JP to go over the edge and do this horrible thing to shut the kids up. Just a guess. However, I do see JP as a psychopath in his own right with or without his father.

I do see a grooming pattern throughout the Powell family. I wonder what SP's parents were like. How far back does this go?

I do see a grooming pattern throughout the Powell family. I wonder what SP's parents were like. How far back does this go?

SP's mother ran away from his father and took the kids to California. He tracked them down and they "reconciled". He then took the kids (SP included) and his parents went on the run in a motor home with the kids - hiding them from SP's mother. For the grandparents of SP to go on the run with the kids, it makes one wonder what they were like. How far back does the "hatred" of women go?

Right now this man sounds like Josef Fritzl only SP has been outed a little. jmo I'm going to pray for the Powell children, who knows what they have gone through. Hopefully, they will get help if any of this proves true & fact. I'm not excusing their words or actions if they know what happened with Susan, Charlie or Braden. Never.

Last night on 20/20 or dateline it was revealed that Josh tried suicide as a teenager by HANGING himself.
WHY?
Yet SP kept a HANGMAN NOOSE in his own house?
WHY?
Was this some saddistic way of taunting jp of his past?
SP is the root of most of this EVIL. JMOO

Last night on 20/20 or dateline it was revealed that Josh tried suicide as a teenager by HANGING himself.
WHY?
Yet SP kept a HANGMAN NOOSE in his own house?
WHY?
Was this some saddistic way of taunting jp of his past?
SP is the root of most of this EVIL. JMOO

One thought about this is that we'd really need to know how he tried.

Because I have thought all along that the noose found in SP's house is a noose used for sexual purposes, for autoerotic asphyxiation. I do wonder whether JP was suicidal as a teenager, or experimenting sexually. Either would make sense, since he also seemed homicidal towards his mother.

I do doubt that SP was the source, or only source. I think we would learn that SP was "initiated" by some other man and/or woman into this behavior and he continued it, with the assistance of a lot of *advertiser censored*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx