Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter, Is Dead

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Peter allen was a great aussie also.I still call australia home is a better song than our National anthem. I'm humming it as i type.Will not sing as I have Flu and sound like FOgHorn Leghorn. But I'm with you all in spirit!

What a wonderful tribute. I lost it when Bindi Sue started reading about her daddy.

What a Memorial Services. I made the remark to my wife as we were watching Bindi how some on TV could touch us as Steve did.I looked over at her and she had tears rolling down her face when Bidie was reading. How that little Girl got through that without crying I will never know.

The bloopers they showed I wish I could get a DVD.

Steve we will miss you MATE

Oh what a heartbreaker.......
I just cried through the entire hour......actually before the show came on because they had some moving clips beforehand.
I don't know how you all got thru that.
I completely love the song " He changed our World" I could listen to that all day......I just liked that singers voice so much. What beautiful words. I liked the other songs too, but that one is my favorite.
They did a great job......with the pictures......and the speakers.
The truck leaving was over the top for me.........
Bindi........she is such a strong little one. Her Mom looked so proud of her.
I did laugh in the spots where Steve messed up his words on camera....that was good they put a few laughs in there.
It was so hard to watch........I can imagine how hard it was for you over there. Maybe I can find the words to He changed our World......
You Aussies did a wonderful Memorial.....and Steve was surely looking down and smiling...........Glad to see Teri made it thru ok.
I am still in a daze over the entire happening..........

It was a true celebration of Steve and what he loved and did here and how he put his dream to work. Great happiness and the sadness too, I was so touched.

I also gained a little more understanding of Australians and their passion for what they hold dear. They have a special and very warm way of showing how they feel that just makes one want to smile back in return.

I took away so many wonderful thoughts - his Dad saying grieve for the animals as they are going to miss him now. His 3 elephants that he loved so much. They must know now he is gone. Beautiful Bindy who showed us the stuff she is made of.

And throughout the service I kept thinking about a poem I had read here. It is how I think of Steve:

"Steves Poem
The hunter had to leave us, he won't travel on our shores.
At that, the largest in the pack let out a sad, long, roar.........
The koalas had a teardrop, the dingos had some too.......the Croc's
stood at attention, as the Aussies knew they would.
The animals got silent...the jungle became still....Some leaves bent down to
touch the ground, and the flowers turned to wilt.
For the man they loved "downunder," has left his land of birth. But his heart and soul, and wisdom......remain right here on Earth.
And as the night stars came aglow the world shed many tears.
But......a whisper could be heard nearby, that rang into our ears.
"By Crikey Mates, Good Day, Good Night......"
I had to say "goodbye" .......
But, "hold my children and my wife and please don't let them cry."
And as he turned and walked away..... we felt the whole earth pray......
And in our hearts we know that.... we will meet again oneday.
from Sundayrain

Scandi

dingo said:
My spirits are on a roller coaster.......dont know whether I should be laughing or crying...so Ill do both
Me Too, Dingo...

I am so glad I am here and can share this with y'all. :blowkiss:

I am so grateful to have the Internet and WS! :dance:

It was a lovely memorial. I lost it when Bindi came out to speakl. What a beautiful family he has. It's such a shame Steve had to leave them so soon. I loved the bloopers, the songs, poem and final tribute with the flowers and the way they ended it with his truck. It was so down to earth and very emotional - I'm still crying.

He was a wonderful man - so alive. I was watching AP channel before the memorial and Steve was on saying that he would want to be remembered for his enthusiasm and passion and I will do that!

scandi said:
It was a true celebration of Steve and what he loved and did here and how he put his dream to work. Great happiness and the sadness too, I was so touched.

I also gained a little more understanding of Australians and their passion for what they hold dear. They have a special and very warm way of showing how they feel that just makes one want to smile back in return.

I took away so many wonderful thoughts - his Dad saying grieve for the animals as they are going to miss him now. His 3 elephants that he loved so much. They must know now he is gone. Beautiful Bindy who showed us the stuff she is made of.

And throughout the service I kept thinking about a poem I had read here. It is how I think of Steve:

"Steves Poem
The hunter had to leave us, he won't travel on our shores.
At that, the largest in the pack let out a sad, long, roar.........
The koalas had a teardrop, the dingos had some too.......the Croc's
stood at attention, as the Aussies knew they would.
The animals got silent...the jungle became still....Some leaves bent down to
touch the ground, and the flowers turned to wilt.
For the man they loved "downunder," has left his land of birth. But his heart and soul, and wisdom......remain right here on Earth.
And as the night stars came aglow the world shed many tears.
But......a whisper could be heard nearby, that rang into our ears.
"By Crikey Mates, Good Day, Good Night......"
I had to say "goodbye" .......
But, "hold my children and my wife and please don't let them cry."
And as he turned and walked away..... we felt the whole earth pray......
And in our hearts we know that.... we will meet again oneday.
from Sundayrain

Scandi
Scandi......your making me start to cry again...I didn't know you liked my poem.....
Thank you.....wasn't that just so beautiful of a Memorial. Now I have tears again...but, I will stop in a minute........

Anyone know the words to " He changed the World"......
I like the other songs too.......but, this one I was singing the loudest...and I didn't ever hear it before.......
Upps, now my neighbors are going to be calling me up too!!!!
wink.gif

Can I sing with you all.........please.

aussieblue said:
Oh yeah i forgot about the vegi, sorry old habits die hard.

At least that yank-retailer didnt get OUR UGS lol

BTW.... just stick to the chorus Dingo my pets have sensitive hearing :p
Hehe
I saw that show too :)

Shelly Beach said:
Hey there Jelly :blowkiss:

You are most welcome!

Here is a link to an article about Bindi's tribute to her Daddy, the "Best Daddy in the World!" It also has a very sad picture of Terri with her babies. :(

http://www.news.com.au/0,,nsw,00.html
this quote from the article broke my heart..............."Bob Irwin, Steve's father, asked that people no longer mourn the loss of his son, who was "now in peace", but to mourn for the "animals who have lost their best friend".

kazzbar said:
Yeah, he would have been better in his other hat. You know the CLOWN one! Hi Narla, Baby.
Hey Kazz
Glad you could make it :)

Zotto said:
If this hasn't been posted, I think Rupert McCall's poem needs to be. He is a wonderful local poet. He actually wrote this poem in just one hour.

THE CROCODILES ARE CRYING

Endless visions fill my head – this man – as large as life

And instantly my heart mourns for his angels and his wife

Because the way I see Steve Irwin – just put everything aside

It comes back to his family – it comes back to his pride

His animals inclusive – Crikey – light the place with love!

Shine his star with everything he fought to rise above

The crazy-man of Khaki from the day he left the pouch

Living out his dream and in that classic ‘Stevo’ crouch

Exploding forth with character and redefining cheek

It’s one thing to be honoured as a champion unique

It’s one thing to have microphones and spotlight cameras shoved

It’s another to be taken in and genuinely loved

But that was where he had it right – I guess he always knew

From his fathers’ modest reptile park and then Australia Zoo

We cringed at times and shook our heads – but true to natures call

There was something very Irwin in the make up of us all

Yes the more I care to think of it – the more he had it right

If you’re going to make a difference – make it big and make it bright!

Yes - he was a lunatic! Yes - he went head first!

But he made the world feel happy with his energetic burst

A world so large and loyal that it’s hard to comprehend

I doubt we truly count the warmth until life meets an end

To count it now I say a prayer with words of inspiration

May the spotlight shine forever on his dream for conservation

…My daughter broke the news to me – my six year old in tears

It was like she’d just turned old enough to show her honest fears

I tried to make some sense of it but whilst her Dad was trying

His little girl explained it best…she said “The crocodiles are crying”

Their best mate’s up in heaven now – the crocs up there are smiling!

And as sure as flowers, poems and cards and memories are piling

As sure as we’ll continue with the trademarks of his spiel

Of all the tributes worthy – he was rough…but he was real

As sure as ‘Crikey!’ fills the sky

I think we’ll miss ya Steve…goodbye

RUPERT McCALL 2006
Thanks Zotto.
David Wenham is such a nice guy and he read that poem so well.

Sundayrain said:
Anyone know the words to " He changed the World"......
I like the other songs too.......but, this one I was singing the loudest...and I didn't ever hear it before.......
Upps, now my neighbors are going to be calling me up too!!!!http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/wink.gif
Can I sing with you all.........please.
Sure you can Sunday :)

I don't know the words to that song, but if I find out I'll post them.

That poem was great.I like Wenham also. Gee, the service was terrific.They really got the 'essence' of Steve Irwin into it. I know the media were complaining because they kept them behind baricades(like the croc's they are). But at least nothing leaked out and it all went fantastically. The end bit with the ute was very sad especially the surf board being put in the back.I think Steve's Zoo is in wonderful loving hands and will contiue to do great work for the animals.

Sundayrain said:
Scandi......your making me start to cry again...I didn't know you liked my poem.....
Thank you.....wasn't that just so beautiful of a Memorial. Now I have tears again...but, I will stop in a minute........
oh my..............that poem was fabulous------------------------------i have been crying since I started to read here tonight- tried to stay away, as my husband, 2 children and myself loved Steve and his family and thought this would be too hard of a read, but good old ws---they have made it a great read.......may all be good for his family......:blowkiss:
j2m

Bindi was the hit for me...she was so poised and precious...her daddy was looking down from heaven and so proud of her, I know. She has a presence like her dad had...look for big things from her in the future. She is an amazing little girl.

One thing I loved about his memorial celebration was the song and poetry. Actually Sunday, I kept waiting for someone to read your poem. YaYa

Scandi

Bindi was amazing. I just can't get over what a perfect job she did. I lost it everytime they showed Teri. Steve was an amazing human being.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Renayz23
Back