Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter, Is Dead

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
scandi said:
One thing I loved about his memorial celebration was the song and poetry. Actually Sunday, I kept waiting for someone to read your poem. YaYa

Scandi

I actually had the thought when David Wenham went to read that poem, 'what if it's Sunday's poem' lol.
I posted it to Terri for her.
I'm sure she hasn't had time to go through all the mail yet, but I'm sure she will read them all one day.

They keep changing the front pic...When I posted that link there was a pic of Terri, Bindi, Bob and Steves mate Wes was comforting them. It is not in the gallery of pics though.

Terri looks so broken hearted and my heart is breaking for her. :(

Bindi was totally amazing, so much composure for such a little girl!

JBean said:
Thanks for the link SB....that little girl is sure something else. Just like her daddy.
She certainly has Steves spirit in her....but she has hers mums as well...this little girl has been grafted from two very special human beings:o

Did ya see the cartoon that had a sting ray saying 'sorry Steve, didn't realise it was you mate!'

Or the one with crocodiles crying and someone says 'are they crocodile tears? and the crocs are like 'nope they're real tears!'

dingo said:
She certainly has Steves spirit in her....but she has hers mums as well...this little girl has been grafted from two very special human beings:o
You bet.
Terri is somethin' else :)

When hubby got home tonight i said to him " Steves memorial was fantastic, tears yep but also laughter and it was truely aussie....yada,yada,yada etc"

I told him its repeated tonight, you'll love it

He said to me "record it, i'll watch it another time"

I said "what??????" (very confused)

I left it thinking, hard day at work maybe

Later on i said "Its on in about 15 minutes are you going to watch it?????"
he said "nah tape it for me"

So i say to my son (as i do everytime) "How do i record on this bloody dvd player again??" ..... then i said "You might as well tape it for me since youre watching it????"

He says (son of 24) "Im not watching it"

I go "what" ...." what is it with you 2 grrrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrr etc"

Then hubby goes "I dont think i can watch it If Terri and the kids break down I'll lose it!!!! I'll watch it another time ok!!"... storms off

OH BOY did i feel awful and then i looked at my son and he says "same as dad i'll watch it another time"...and he takes off

Ive now told them about how amazing Bindi was and how positive she was and Terri held it together well.

Theyve seen clips on the news/telly BUT they havent watched it all yet.
I think they'll do that in there own time.

The 2 of them took me by surprise, I had no clue that they would have trouble watching it.
I guess i should have known though...Hubby is always a softy when it comes to kids

~aussieblue

My husband was the same Aussieblue ...he just watched it on a rerun..hes been asleep all day from night shift.
He watched and said nothing until they drove Steves ute off...I could see his tears......the ute cracked him up .....my hubbys a hard *advertiser censored*.......but that scene bought him to tears............:( now hes got me going again......

Goodbye Steve........we,ll remember you mate....:blowkiss:

j2mirish said:
oh my..............that poem was fabulous------------------------------i have been crying since I started to read here tonight- tried to stay away, as my husband, 2 children and myself loved Steve and his family and thought this would be too hard of a read, but good old ws---they have made it a great read.......may all be good for his family......:blowkiss:
j2m
Thank you too.......I just wrote it very fast.......to say some words for my Aussie friends. I wanted to get it posted ASAP. It was heartful....but, I should have wrote more. But......thanks.......Steve was a wonderful man in all ways.

watched the memorial last night on TV...a very fitting memorial...i tuned up & cried at the end when they drove his truck away :(

Floh said:
Thank you so very much for the link, Pharlap.

certainly made me blub.

they did him proud! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Well, that got me started again......I was singing that song " To Change this World".....Now I can try to get the words down to post. I don't know who that singer is ...Do you ? It is so crikey sad.......and the truck, I loose it ever time I just see it......I am going to work on those words this afternoon. Thanks.
Bindi is on TV now again......saying her tribute.Oh...............my.

What a beautiful and strong girl Bindi is. i heard she has been a rock for her mother since Steve passed away and i could see how that could be so when i saw her stand and deliver her address.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Renayz23
Back