Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder? #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kathleen Zellner Gives Steven Avery Case Update After DNA Testing Is Denied by Wisconsin Courts
It only took 11 days for the court to ax Zellner’s plan for DNA testing, which she explained was agreed upon by the original court who convicted Avery for the murder of Teresa Halbach. Avery is spending life in prison without parole, though he maintains that he’s innocent.

Zellner isn't discouraged by the ruling, as it only points at Avery's possible appeal. The bones could still be tested, just not at this point. "As the state admitted, there is not much Wisconsin case law on point," Zellner explained to Newsweek. "The appellate court wants to resolve the issues on Avery’s current appeal before the new issue re: bone testing is addressed. The state claims if Avery wins appeal, bone testing may become unnecessary."
Here's what Kathleen Zellner had to say about Steven Avery's motion for DNA testing being denied

And this from the same article
(quote)
The remains are sure to be bone, according to the motion Zellner filed in mid-December, obtained by Newsweek, though whether they are human is unknown. Forensic anthropologist Dr. Leslie Eisenberg identified the fragments as possibly human. When the bones were first identified in 2007, their condition was too poor to process through DNA testing abilities. Avery was promised future DNA testing on the fragments when technology evolved to support their condition.

And from the same article ...

Zellner shot back, “It is because of our efforts that the Manitowoc officers have been cleared of planting the blood, bones, license plates and electronic devices of Teresa Halbach."

Laughable ...

And from the same article ...

Zellner shot back, “It is because of our efforts that the Manitowoc officers have been cleared of planting the blood, bones, license plates and electronic devices of Teresa Halbach."

Laughable ...
Not sure why you find it laughable, but i find it disturbing that the bones given to the Halbach family may or may not be the remains of TH.

Not sure why you find it laughable, but i find it disturbing that the bones given to the Halbach family may or may not be the remains of TH.

Laughable because the Manitowoc officers have not and never will be charged with anything and the arrogance of this jerk to actually think she's "clearing" someone of something they are only accused of in the court of public opinion.

The two murdering dimwits are in jail and will never be released. But go ahead and deflect to the bones anyways if it makes you feel good.

Laughable because the Manitowoc officers have not and never will be charged with anything and the arrogance of this jerk to actually think she's "clearing" someone of something they are only accused of in the court of public opinion.

The two murdering dimwits are in jail and will never be released. But go ahead and deflect to the bones anyways if it makes you feel good.
The inconclusive findings of the bones evidence are actually Trial evidence from the original Trial of SA. And it has nothing at all to do with making me feel anything but utter disgust with this farce of a case/trial/conviction, and the corrupt practices of the State of WI to secure a conviction of SA, and using his innocent mentally challenged 16 year old nephew to secure that conviction with a coerced confession is also very disturbing to say the least. And being insulting toward a high powered post conviction attorney who is one of the best the country has is a low blow, IMO.

The inconclusive findings of the bones evidence are actually Trial evidence from the original Trial of SA. And it has nothing at all to do with making me feel anything but utter disgust with this farce of a case/trial/conviction, and the corrupt practices of the State of WI to secure a conviction of SA, and using his innocent mentally challenged 16 year old nephew to secure that conviction with a coerced confession is also very disturbing to say the least. And being insulting toward a high powered post conviction attorney who is one of the best the country has is a low blow, IMO.

I don't care if Zellner is Perry Mason. She is 100% wrong on this one and should not be making publicity driven statements like she "cleared" officers that are not even charged with anything. What's utterly disgusting is that truthers like you can make up fairy tales about bones, keys, DNA, Avery's character, other "suspects", "witnesses" that saw THE Rav4, etc. What a joke. Amazing she accuses Bobby of being a sexual deviant and NOT ONCE in the 13+ after the crime has Bobby been arrested for ANYTHING.

You ignore the fact that Zellner filed for PCR prematurely and should have waited until her investigation was over. Now she has to wait until the appeal plays out or dismiss the current appeal. And she's already sending Twitter messages that the new WI AG should allow her to test bones that even if Halbach's would prove nothing more than Avery moved some of the bones as Brendan said.

Avery is a monster and if let out, would do the same thing again to another unsuspecting woman. But the truthers would be happy and say well, "Zellner is undefeated".

I don't care if Zellner is Perry Mason. She is 100% wrong on this one and should not be making publicity driven statements like she "cleared" officers that are not even charged with anything. What's utterly disgusting is that truthers like you can make up fairy tales about bones, keys, DNA, Avery's character, other "suspects", "witnesses" that saw THE Rav4, etc. What a joke. Amazing she accuses Bobby of being a sexual deviant and NOT ONCE in the 13+ after the crime has Bobby been arrested for ANYTHING.

You ignore the fact that Zellner filed for PCR prematurely and should have waited until her investigation was over. Now she has to wait until the appeal plays out or dismiss the current appeal. And she's already sending Twitter messages that the new WI AG should allow her to test bones that even if Halbach's would prove nothing more than Avery moved some of the bones as Brendan said.

Avery is a monster and if let out, would do the same thing again to another unsuspecting woman. But the truthers would be happy and say well, "Zellner is undefeated".
Well i guess in that case it's lucky that our opinions don't really matter a flying fig in any of the post conviction process going forward LOL.

Well i guess in that case it's lucky that our opinions don't really matter a flying fig in any of the post conviction process going forward LOL.

Exactly - because nothing that happened after 10/31/05 can erase what Steven Avery & Brendan Dassey did to Teresa Halbach on 10/31/05. Zellner can continue to try the case in the court of public opinion but she has obviously made a mess of the legal process. 3 years in and nothing and grasping at thin air.

Exactly - because nothing that happened after 10/31/05 can erase what Steven Avery & Brendan Dassey did to Teresa Halbach on 10/31/05. Zellner can continue to try the case in the court of public opinion but she has obviously made a mess of the legal process. 3 years in and nothing and grasping at thin air.
That all remains to be seen. I don't think from what you state you really understand the post conviction process IMO. A PC can take years to get to an exoneration. KZ has just started and is still in the lower courts with it all. Patience is required.

It truly warms my heart knowing he's staying right where he belongs.In a prison cell.

That all remains to be seen. I don't think from what you state you really understand the post conviction process IMO. A PC can take years to get to an exoneration. KZ has just started and is still in the lower courts with it all. Patience is required.

I understand the post conviction process perfectly. If her current appeal is denied which it will be because she has nothing, she can take it to the WI Supreme Court and they are very selective in cases they take. Or she can abandon everything she used in her current appeal and start over at the trial court with her "bone testing" and then file a new appeal with Judge Angie. In the meantime, she can continue to invent nonsensical fairy tales of who committed the murder to keep the cult members engaged. My guess is she abandons ship and blames it all on Wisconsin corruption.

I understand the post conviction process perfectly. If her current appeal is denied which it will be because she has nothing, she can take it to the WI Supreme Court and they are very selective in cases they take. Or she can abandon everything she used in her current appeal and start over at the trial court with her "bone testing" and then file a new appeal with Judge Angie. In the meantime, she can continue to invent nonsensical fairy tales of who committed the murder to keep the cult members engaged. My guess is she abandons ship and blames it all on Wisconsin corruption.
LOL you just confirmed what i said.

LOL you just confirmed what i said.

Do dazzle us with your legal brilliance and tell us how Zellner is going to get poor country bumpkin Stevie out of Waupun. It's been 3 years so far and zero progress has been made. Oh, I forgot the LOL.

Do dazzle us with your legal brilliance and tell us how Zellner is going to get poor country bumpkin Stevie out of Waupun. It's been 3 years so far and zero progress has been made. Oh, I forgot the LOL.
No legal brilliance by me, but i am willing to discuss all aspects of the case in a respectful manner.

With all due respect, explain to us how Zellner legally is going to get Avery out of jail or even get him a new trial and at which level of the judicial system all of this is going to happen.

With all due respect, explain to us how Zellner legally is going to get Avery out of jail or even get him a new trial and at which level of the judicial system all of this is going to happen.
Like anyone else i don't know the answers to your questions about that. But as i have said it is a legal process, and as observers in this post conviction phase in this case all we can do is wait and see.
I have actually never followed a Post Conviction case from start to finish, so i find it all interesting.

Like anyone else i don't know the answers to your questions about that. But as i have said it is a legal process, and as observers in this post conviction phase in this case all we can do is wait and see.
I have actually never followed a Post Conviction case from start to finish, so i find it all interesting.

There are other websites that have experienced lawyers relating the possible legal options Zellner has at this point. And to be honest, most of them think she's SOL.

There are other websites that have experienced lawyers relating the possible legal options Zellner has at this point. And to be honest, most of them think she's SOL.
I am really only interested in what KZ is doing as she is the PC attorney that has the case, and there is always adversarial information from others when they are not involved in a case.
KZ knows what she is doing otherwise she wouldn't be as well respected in the legal field as she is IMO.

...What's utterly disgusting is that truthers like you can make up fairy tales about bones, keys, DNA, Avery's character, other "suspects", "witnesses" that saw THE Rav4, etc. What a joke. Amazing she accuses Bobby of being a sexual deviant and NOT ONCE in the 13+ after the crime has Bobby been arrested for ANYTHING.

Why does nearly all the evidence not make complete sense? The truth isn't complicated, it makes sense.
IMO you are too easily convinced, and I feel you are dismissive of many honest questions about the case. You being angry about this may be clouding your judgment.

As an example, the statements of witnesses that change usually have the same topic, Bobby. Bobby's interview on 11/17/17 exhibits tendencies of a person who is lying. His testimony is suspect. Next to SA, Bobby had equal opportunity to kill TH, but HE HAD GREATER MOTIVE, factually sustained by the Dassey computer.

It is a truth that a persons action comes out of their heart, and if a person feeds their heart obsessively with disgusting *advertiser censored*, it means they WANT to live it.

The Velie report in 2006 accused Bobby long before Zellner had a chance to.
The fact he has not been caught for anything for a period means nothing at all, that's true of any serial killer.

So let's get justice for Teresa by finding the truth. It won't happen by dismissing questions.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SierraShadow2139125
Back