Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder? #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would like to point out that here on Websleuths, those that want to be identified as a lawyer can and do get verified. Reddit does not hold this standard. I could go to reddit and make an account and call myself a lawyer, it doesn't make me one.

There has been some good information that has come from reddit, including most of the documents that have been added to www.stevenaverycase.org , but their standards for posting are no where near what they are here. Part of the reason why I read over there, but choose to post here :) The format over there sucks too lol

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

'Making A Murderer' subject Steven Avery will be allowed to present new evidence in his case | Daily Mail Online

Avery’s lawyer wins right to appeal. The case goes back to circuit court where they can grant a new trial or the case goes to appellate court who can reverse conviction or grant a new trial.

His lawyer will present evidence that shows mishandled evidence by prosecutors can show a different outcome. This is concerning bone pieces given to Halbach family. These were improperly given per state and fed laws to the family. The bones were returned without telling Avery’s counsel. The bones were found in a gravel pit not on Avery’s land. The bones were not DNA tested. If bones were tested “and that they belonged to Halbach, Zellner could have argued that the theory which the prosecution presented that led to the convictions was not possible.”

Bones are no longer in “state custody” and there is question of tampering and testing would be questioned.

Zellner said there are a lot of violations. She believes Avery is innocent and will continue to fight.

“A trial date court date has not been set.”

There are other media reports out there....this one from DM popped up first.

Hi, evry1, been awhile since I've been here (so long that when I did try and return I found it had been shut down :( so I am happy to see it's back and will act accordingly). Just wanted to pop in and post the latest from my favorite reporter. He makes sure to make it clear that this newest development is not a get-out-of-jail-free card, but, imo, it certainly seems to be a giant step in the right direction (Finally!) of a possible re-trial, at the minimum, I hope :).

Zellner Q&A On Steven Averys Recent Court Victory

Thanks for the update, saw it in the news the other day. So, at this moment it's unknown where the bone fragments are? If they didn't consider the quarry as place connected to the crime, why would they give the bone fragments from there to the family? And if they gave the fragments from the quarry to the family, they basically admit that they consider these as Theresa's bones and that she was killed/moved to quarry.
They could request and exhumation, but I'm not confident they will find good enough DNA profile on it.

Thanks for the update, saw it in the news the other day. So, at this moment it's unknown where the bone fragments are? If they didn't consider the quarry as place connected to the crime, why would they give the bone fragments from there to the family? And if they gave the fragments from the quarry to the family, they basically admit that they consider these as Theresa's bones and that she was killed/moved to quarry.
They could request and exhumation, but I'm not confident they will find good enough DNA profile on it.

Hi Silverdh! It blows my mind that for years we have discussed those bones and that they were given back to the family, and it was only when someone emailed Zellner about it, she and/or her team went through ALL their paperwork and found out they did not have those last pages of the CASO report, and that his lawyer at the time or Avery were never notified!!! I guess we should never assume that she has or knows everything lol I think she has since requested a copy of everything from CASO.

I think the State giving them any bones from the quarry is an admission in itself that they were likely human, likely Teresa's, and could still be considered a violation regardless of whether they can get DNA from them.

I don't know that Zellner is holding her breath at the Circuit Court level, because of the history, but it will now be added to the appeal if there is no hearing and just denied outright. Zellner really really wants those involved to testify lol

Hi Silverdh! It blows my mind that for years we have discussed those bones and that they were given back to the family, and it was only when someone emailed Zellner about it, she and/or her team went through ALL their paperwork and found out they did not have those last pages of the CASO report, and that his lawyer at the time or Avery were never notified!!! I guess we should never assume that she has or knows everything lol I think she has since requested a copy of everything from CASO.

I think the State giving them any bones from the quarry is an admission in itself that they were likely human, likely Teresa's, and could still be considered a violation regardless of whether they can get DNA from them.

I don't know that Zellner is holding her breath at the Circuit Court level, because of the history, but it will now be added to the appeal if there is no hearing and just denied outright. Zellner really really wants those involved to testify lol

Hi Missy!
The other thing that blew my mind was the fact that the bones being given away was, basically, corroborated by Fallon's attorney mistakenly calling and leaving his client a message on KZ's voicemail, LOL :oops:! How does that even happen, though, as one would think KZ had a message stating, "You have reached KZ, please leave a message." haha. Must admit, quite confused on how that happened. o_O

Hi Missy!
The other thing that blew my mind was the fact that the bones being given away was, basically, corroborated by Fallon's attorney mistakenly calling and leaving his client a message on KZ's voicemail, LOL :oops:! How does that even happen, though, as one would think KZ had a message stating, "You have reached KZ, please leave a message." haha. Must admit, quite confused on how that happened. o_O

bahahaha When I first read that, all I could do is laugh. Like, who does that???? She must just have a generic VM message? No way she identifies herself lol But the first clue would have been the area code, no? I guess it depends on who is where! I would have liked to have been a fly on the wall when she heard that message :D:D

Where is the proof and any sexually violent images being looked at BEFORE Halbach was murdered ...

9/18/2005 is a heavy *advertiser censored* search day, about ~65 searches, including "rap[e] little girls", "rap[e] girls"
9/19/2005 TH does 2 photos for account T. Janda (A. Schuster interview, mgr of AutoTrader)
***no "*advertiser censored*" searches til next time TH comes to property***
10/31/2005 is a significant *advertiser censored* search day, 21 searches. TH goes missing
***100 day lapse***
2/13/2006 is the first time *advertiser censored* is searched since 10/31/2005, ~35 *advertiser censored* searches
Pattern changes, becoming frequent and compulsive 2/16, 2/17, 2/19, 2/20, 2/21, 2/23, 2/24, 2/25, 2/27...backs off a little then 3/14, 3/20,
March and April 2006 have days of extremely heavy searches 4/19 has 250, 4/21 has 142

9/18/2005 is a heavy *advertiser censored* search day, about ~65 searches, including "rap[e] little girls", "rap[e] girls"
9/19/2005 TH does 2 photos for account T. Janda (A. Schuster interview, mgr of AutoTrader)
***no "*advertiser censored*" searches til next time TH comes to property***
10/31/2005 is a significant *advertiser censored* search day, 21 searches. TH goes missing
***100 day lapse***
2/13/2006 is the first time *advertiser censored* is searched since 10/31/2005, ~35 *advertiser censored* searches
Pattern changes, becoming frequent and compulsive 2/16, 2/17, 2/19, 2/20, 2/21, 2/23, 2/24, 2/25, 2/27...backs off a little then 3/14, 3/20,
March and April 2006 have days of extremely heavy searches 4/19 has 250, 4/21 has 142
What is this about? Do you have a link to the source? Is the post you quoted from this thread and if so who wrote it? Post number?

Where is the proof and any sexually violent images being looked at BEFORE Halbach was murdered by Avery & Halbach ? And once again, there are zero recorded accusations against Bobby. If Bobby was becoming obsessively deviant as McCrary says, common sense would tell you there would be something in the past 13+ years to corroborate that. How much was McCrary paid by Zellner for that affidavit ? Did Zellner ask McCrary about Stevie's background ?

But we have Stevie who was accused of rape by Marie Avery & a former baby sitter, masturbating by the road, grabbing Kayla's breasts, grabbing Brendan's crotch ... but crickets on Bobby. I'm sure all of those accusations against Stevie are just fabrications because Stevie is a stand up guy.

This is about showing BoD did or attempt to view violent sexual imagery before 2 separate visits TH made to the Janda residence.
The above list is compiled by me from this http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Exhibits-Part-1-of-2.pdf
I found the post that you snipped so that everyone can read it in full for context.

Hi Silverdh! It blows my mind that for years we have discussed those bones and that they were given back to the family, and it was only when someone emailed Zellner about it, she and/or her team went through ALL their paperwork and found out they did not have those last pages of the CASO report,

Someone from WS emailed KZ that the quarry bones were given to the family? So basically, the mistake during printing (what, they ran out of paper? :confused: ) contributed to this? Hilarious! :D

Hi Missy!
The other thing that blew my mind was the fact that the bones being given away was, basically, corroborated by Fallon's attorney mistakenly calling and leaving his client a message on KZ's voicemail, LOL :oops:!

Can you please let me know how you know this? Where is it discussed?

Can you please let me know how you know this? Where is it discussed?[/QUOTE]

Numerous news outlets have reported on the voicemail since it happened. Here is one from Rolling Stone outlining all the pertinent information about this issue.

"Calumet County Sheriff’s Department Deputy Jeremy Hawkins states in the 2011 police report that Sgt. Investigator Mark Wiegart, and attorneys Thomas Fallon and Norm Gahn, were involved in removing the bones from evidence control."

IMO, Fallon cannot use the excuse that he didn't know exactly what bones were given back to the family, as he was physically present (and it's on record) when the bones were actually turned over. He was, apparently, worried enough about this issue that he contacted his attorney for legal advice about it and his counsel mistakenly called KZ's vm and left Fallon the following message on her phone...

"Hi, Tom. This is Mark Williams. Um, I’ll send you an email later today, but I don’t think we should do anything or respond to her at all until tomorrow, uh, when we look into the bag and-and see exactly the pelvic bones are in there or not. Um, so I-I would not respond, uh, until we look into the bag, uh, tomorrow morning and then we can talk about it, uh, before we send a response. Thanks a lot. Bye."

Years ago, I didn't think there would be anything left about this case that would shock me, but here it is....LOL! I swear, a person couldn't WRITE this stuff, its so unbelievable! Hahaha!:D

Steven Avery’s Lawyer Accuses Wisconsin AG of Destroying Evidence – Rolling Stone

Someone from WS emailed KZ that the quarry bones were given to the family? So basically, the mistake during printing (what, they ran out of paper? :confused: ) contributed to this? Hilarious! :D

Can you please let me know how you know this? Where is it discussed?

It was no one from here, as far as I know. I do know that she is on one of the family connected FB pages. Called Basically a Lawyer - legal issues in the steven avery/brendan dassey cases. It cuts out all the drama. The mods will link to and post about recent or upcoming motions. I do like that there is one there that can see and will say when she thinks KZ is making mistakes, has a shot, etc.

I posted all the recent motions in another thread Motion to Stay Appeal and Remand Jan 24/19

But if you are just wanting to read the one with the voicemail...
https://www.workwithkz.com/media/fi...endant-supplemental-re-2019-02-13_S5ubT7C.pdf

It's in the first couple of pages :)

thank god there is still a discussion going on ( i thought that was closed down)

can someone bring me up to date - is it true that he actually WON an appeal recently?

Not an appeal... but the appeals court has sent it back to the Circuit Court on a new matter, which is that they may have given the quarry bones back to the family in 2011. After that decision, if necessary, it will go back to the Appeals court, with the new issue also added.

I posted all the most recent motions, etc. in the following thread:

Motion to Stay Appeal and Remand Jan 24/19

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper