Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Is Steven Avery responsible for the murder of Teresa Halbach?

• He did it

Votes: 253 29.7%
  • Some other guy did it

Votes: 67 7.9%
  • Looks guilty at this point

Votes: 74 8.7%
  • Not guilty based on evidence I've seen thus far

Votes: 195 22.9%
  • Undecided, but believe new trial is in order

Votes: 254 29.8%
  • Undecided all around; more information required

Votes: 55 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion there was no intention to crush the RAV4.

The location was chosen, I think, simply because it was as far from the residences as possible.

This makes it appear to me the idea was to hide the vehicle from everyone on the property while keeping it on the property.

And then what do you think the plan was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And then what do you think the plan was?

I am of the opinion the RAV4 was planted on the property with the intention that it should be found there.
That would seem to me the best explanation of why the RAV4 was placed just about as far as possible from the residences on the property.

At one point the hypothesis was floated that Steven missed being in prison and wanted to go back - thus providing a motive' for murdering a casual business acquaintance. Therefore he could have planted the vehicle, as well as sprinkling remains of his victim all around the area after telling everyone that Teresa was expected to meet with him on that very day, and apparently inviting people to attend a bonfire that very night. I don't buy into this because Steven fought tooth and nail against going to prison a second time.

That leaves me with the suggestion that rather than framing himself, someone else was interested in pinning a scandalous crime on Steven. There being numerous entrances to the Avery property, it would be easy enough for someone to park the RAV4 somewhere on the place without being observed. There doesn't appear to be any way to resolve how long the RAV4 was in the location it was officially 'found' on November 5th.

After the vehicle was supposedly 'last seen' on October 31st, and then 'found' 5 days later, the RAV4 could have been anywhere.

AFAICT the prosecution theory is that the RAV4 was parked there on the 31st of October, and sat collecting dust until the 2 person search party lead by Private Investigator Pamela Sturm discovered it among 4000 cars spread across 40 acres in less than an hour's time.

I suspect the RAV4 was not there during that whole time, and that it was brought to the property as late as November 4th. It looks like the Averys were heading out of town and going to Crivitz, so there was little chance the Averys would discover the RAV4 over the weekend. They would be in no position to observe or interfere with whatever anyone had planned for them.

All my own opinion, based on facts in the public record.

I think it was Scott Tadych (sp)? Alot of the evidence points to him!
You know he was my FIRST guess. I've had a couple of others since but as of late, I find myself coming back to him.
He didn't like Steve.
He sold, or was looking to sell a gun similar to the one that killed Teresa according to a co-worker, not long after the crime occurred.
He & Bobby Dassey were each other's alibi.
They said they drove off in opposite directions & passed each other.
If you're going hunting together, why go in opposite directions???

I always thought it possible a stray bullet might have hit her or
Scott came on to her and it went south from there.
JMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

It would be great to see thorough threads on each of the other main suspects have. Might be pointless with test results coming back in March though.

I think her roommate seemed strange in the documentary. Did police even interview the guy? I 100% believe in my heart that Steven Avery is innocent.

I think so too!!!! Do you mean Scott her roommate?

:wagon:

There are 2 Scott's. One is Scott Tadych, who is now Barb's (Brendan's mom, Steven's sister) husband. Then there is Scott Bloedorn, who was Teresa's room mate and long time friend at the time of her disappearance.

At this point I can see reasons on both guilty and innocent. However I can't stand the fact that there is obviously police corruption and the obviously planted evidence. The keys, the Rav4, possibly the blood evidence. If SA did do it I think he was confident that he would get off because the police were so gung ho to get him in prison. That may be the very reason he gets off.

As for Brendan Dassey (sp?) That kid needs to be out of prison he was so mistreated, uninformed, and coerced by the police. This is the saddest form of mistreatment in this case IMO. That's not saying SA or TH weren't both mistreated terribly because they were. This whole case is filled with mistreatment and corruption.

I hope that the Halbachs get some closure and justice for Theresea's death. My prayers go out to them.

If anyone can find who buried her where she was found, that is not an Avery relative or friend of some sort, I would consider a new trial. Otherwise, this is a serial mini-series with an agenda. There are plenty of those out there.

According to the police Theresea Halbachs body was burned. Also according to the police some of her skeleton remains were found at Steven Avery's fire pit or bonfire area. The rest of her bones were found in a field I believe.

According to the police Theresea Halbachs body was burned. Also according to the police some of her skeleton remains were found at Steven Avery's fire pit or bonfire area. The rest of her bones were found in a field I believe.

I think Ms. Zellner alludes to perhaps an alternate theory as to what actually happened and who was responsible. It will be very interesting to see what she will reveal when she does IMO, and will bring clarity and hopefully closure to this case.

Innocent.
I don't see how there can be any discussion on this - there is no evidence of any credibility that this man ever did anything. It would seem to me that anyone with half a brain could see that and not be sucker-punched into believing the utter nonsense that has been touted in this case - only the truly delusional could possibly be fooled into seeing Mr Avery as anything other than innocent!
In a democracy where 'Reasonable Doubt' is the benchmark, this case remains one of the most shameful injustices ever to have disgraced the US courts. I am a Brit and find it both saddening & shocking that such blatantly purposeful methods have been brought to bear on this man, in truth the American Justice System is made to look foolish thanks to this case & we can only look on in horror at what has unfolded over the years in the case of this man & his family.
Mr Avery not only spent nearly 20 years in jail because of the incompetence, weakness, ignorance & downright deliberate manipulation of evidence & witnesses but if there not enough for anyone to endure, he was subsequently treated in an even more disgusting manner by those charged with a duty of care to the people & community that placed them in the seats of power.
It is disturbing how many comments I have seen about members who seem deeply unhappy with the evidence, the sloppy policing, the unanswered questions, the unreliability of statements, the deliberate planting of evidence, the disregarding of important information that may have been germane to the case and so much more of this debacle, and then that they have voted for a new trial - well, the system we live by means that any one of those doubts is more than enough to free Mr Avery - so don't let the sheer volume of trees obfuscate the forest that many seem determined not to see.
From the day that he was approached by the woman who was initially steered into identifying him incorrectly as her rapist right to the present day, Mr Avery has taken the foulest injustice with a dignity his accusers could only dream of. He has displayed a rare kind of quality that has allowed him to remain positive in the face of such unbridled cowardice, dishonesty & dishonour - something quite akin to the endurance of Papillion springs to mind.
Get a grip America - hand this man back his deserved freedom & allow him at least to walk as free as those who have conspired to keep him incarcerated without any actual evidence or proof of guilt.

It is shocking that Mr. Avery is convicted for this crime. I am looking forward to the next season of Making a murderer: Could we get some justice?

Innocent.
I don't see how there can be any discussion on this - there is no evidence of any credibility that this man ever did anything. It would seem to me that anyone with half a brain could see that and not be sucker-punched into believing the utter nonsense that has been touted in this case - only the truly delusional could possibly be fooled into seeing Mr Avery as anything other than innocent!
In a democracy where 'Reasonable Doubt' is the benchmark, this case remains one of the most shameful injustices ever to have disgraced the US courts. I am a Brit and find it both saddening & shocking that such blatantly purposeful methods have been brought to bear on this man, in truth the American Justice System is made to look foolish thanks to this case & we can only look on in horror at what has unfolded over the years in the case of this man & his family.
Mr Avery not only spent nearly 20 years in jail because of the incompetence, weakness, ignorance & downright deliberate manipulation of evidence & witnesses but if there not enough for anyone to endure, he was subsequently treated in an even more disgusting manner by those charged with a duty of care to the people & community that placed them in the seats of power.
It is disturbing how many comments I have seen about members who seem deeply unhappy with the evidence, the sloppy policing, the unanswered questions, the unreliability of statements, the deliberate planting of evidence, the disregarding of important information that may have been germane to the case and so much more of this debacle, and then that they have voted for a new trial - well, the system we live by means that any one of those doubts is more than enough to free Mr Avery - so don't let the sheer volume of trees obfuscate the forest that many seem determined not to see.
From the day that he was approached by the woman who was initially steered into identifying him incorrectly as her rapist right to the present day, Mr Avery has taken the foulest injustice with a dignity his accusers could only dream of. He has displayed a rare kind of quality that has allowed him to remain positive in the face of such unbridled cowardice, dishonesty & dishonour - something quite akin to the endurance of Papillion springs to mind.
Get a grip America - hand this man back his deserved freedom & allow him at least to walk as free as those who have conspired to keep him incarcerated without any actual evidence or proof of guilt.
Very well said

I think her roommate seemed strange in the documentary. Did police even interview the guy? I 100% believe in my heart that Steven Avery is innocent.
IMO
You'd be 100% right on the $$$

I agree to the premise that Steven Avery is guilty of the murder of Teresa Halbach.To the conclusion that foul play was involved at the hands of law enforcement I concede it is highly probable if not certain based upon the preponderance of evidence that evidence was planted to ensure a conviction. As to his nephew's involvement I am somewhat conflicted. I believe Brenden Dassey did in fact participate in her murder but based on his interviews he may have also been unduly influenced and that his "confession" is highly suspect.

I agree to the premise that Steven Avery is guilty of the murder of Teresa Halbach.To the conclusion that foul play was involved at the hands of law enforcement I concede it is highly probable if not certain based upon the preponderance of evidence that evidence was planted to ensure a conviction. As to his nephew's involvement I am somewhat conflicted. I believe Brenden Dassey did in fact participate in her murder but based on his interviews he may have also been unduly influenced and that his "confession" is highly suspect.

So what you are saying is you can see the coercion in the interrogation but still think BD is involved. Based on nothing.

And.. you can see how LE tried to plant evidence and frame SA, but you still think he is guilty. Based on planted evidence.

Sorry. That doesn't make one iota of sense.

He was absolutely framed. The tampered blood sample vial and the tiny blood smear found in the SUV are the most obvious giveaways. Officer Andrew Colborn's license plate call is another blatant fail on the prosecution's part. Avery rustled the jimmies of certain people in the Sheriff's Department very early on, thus giving a strong motive for them to retaliate against him -- a motive that grew even stronger after Avery was exonerated and made them out to look like fools in front of the Governor.

If you think it's a stretch to conclude that the LEO's would frame someone, search "cops framing people" on Youtube then come back.

New trial? Yes but only after a new investigation! The defence makes it look like someone else is possibly guilty but wasn't investigated properly.
I lean towards the innocence of SA, but WHY is the police framing him? WHY are they protecting the real killer? I haven't heard a reason or explaination.
That cop that called in the licence before (1-2 days before?) the victims car was found at Avery lot was so guilty sounding and looking? So many other witnesses on the stand we're liers.
I find it hard to accept that so many people can't see when someone is lying, goes to show that sadly people just aren't familiar with what honesty looks and sounds like! And to not presume innocence until all evidence is investigated is shameful. So ashamed of the people who think Avery is guilty unless they have knowledge I don't.

And where is common sense gone? It is a fact that a high percentage of murder of female is done by husband, boyfriend and ex boyfriend. Those are always the ones to investigate thoroughly. What is wrong with that town?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010