Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Is Steven Avery responsible for the murder of Teresa Halbach?

• He did it

Votes: 253 29.7%
  • Some other guy did it

Votes: 67 7.9%
  • Looks guilty at this point

Votes: 74 8.7%
  • Not guilty based on evidence I've seen thus far

Votes: 195 22.9%
  • Undecided, but believe new trial is in order

Votes: 254 29.8%
  • Undecided all around; more information required

Votes: 55 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brendan and Steve Avery are both low IQ, watching the police interviews with Brendan in series 1 made me so angry - he is highly suggestible, and would say the moon was made of cheese if they wanted him to. I'm looking forward to the second series, but at this point I think the murderer was very clever, and realised that in placing Theresa's car and remains at the car lot they would avoid detection.
"I'm not a cop right now, I'm your friend. I have kids too!" Schmucks.

heres the thing.
the big problem with conspiracy .....planted evidence ...they framed me blah blah blah.
IS......
Why on earth would LE have in their possession teressa's remains...things ect .….
just so they could peg it on avery!!!!

Why The F#@k wouldn't they just peg it on who done it.

please don't reply with it was all about avery sueing the department.

we are talking about a woman who was murdered. she wasn't randomly selected by the police force slaughtered lamb per say just to sew up avery.
that would mean they had to set up the photo shot.....including other people Teresa worked with in on the sting.
look its too silly to even continue on with such a scenario.

its laughable and very unfortunate for Teresa's case.
why on earth every day people believe the words of self serving liars and murderers is lost on me.
not only does he get to kill her he enjoys a following flock supporting his alternate narrative. poor him...hes a two time victim y'all know.

so again I say

defies logic.

jmo

The point is this - how is someone convicted when not one bit of scientific evidence was found? When a person is shot there is blood everywhere - not one single spot of blood found on any part of the property. Just one suspiciously placed bit of blood in her car, when we know Avery’s blood sample was tampered with. I mean come on.. I’m not saying the police were responsible for Teresa’s death but it’s pretty bloody obvious Avery’s conviction is an absolute farce. I have no idea how they’ve got away with it. It wouldnt wash in the UK can tell you that.

heres the thing.
the big problem with conspiracy .....planted evidence ...they framed me blah blah blah.
IS......
Why on earth would LE have in their possession teressa's remains...things ect .….

we are talking about a woman who was murdered. she wasn't randomly selected by the police force slaughtered lamb per say just to sew up avery.
that would mean they had to set up the photo shot.....including other people Teresa worked with in on the sting.

why on earth every day people believe the words of self serving liars and murderers is lost on me.
not only does he get to kill her he enjoys a following flock supporting his alternate narrative. poor him...hes a two time victim y'all know.

so again I say

defies logic.

jmo
The key has always been the bit of the "frame" theory that has bothered me. How would the cops have it? Maybe it was found in TH' car first and planted in SA trailer later? It is very bizarre that her tag was called in and it sounded like he was looking at it as he was reading it off to the dispatcher. Why did TH have just that one key? My key ring has so many keys it's embarrassing. lol
Avery's lawyers didn't insinuate that the cops murdered TH, at least I didn't get that impression. And it was sleazy for the DA to go there in his closing arguments, but that's how he rolls. The cops were determined to bring Avery down and they had the means to do so. SA was TH' last appointment, so they ran with it. They didn't explore other scenarios or possibilities. They didn't even interview TH' ex BF too extensively. This opportunity to send SA away for life was too good for them to pass up!
SA did not get a fair trial. LK worked with DA Pervy to strenghten SA' case. DA Pervy used BD's fictional account to pollute the jury pool.
JMO
Do you think SA got a fair trial?

Last edited:
The key has always been the bit of the "frame" theory that has bothered me. How would the cops have it? Maybe it was found in TH' car first and planted in SA trailer later? It is very bizarre that her tag was called in and it sounded like he was looking at it as he was reading it off to the dispatcher. Why did TH have just that one key? My key ring has so many keys it's embarrassing. lol
Avery's lawyers didn't insinuate that the cops murdered TH, at least I didn't get that impression. And it was sleazy for the DA to go there in his closing arguments, but that's how he rolls. The cops were determined to bring Avery down and they had the means to do so. SA was TH' last appointment, so they ran with it. They didn't explore other scenarios or possibilities. They didn't even interview TH' ex BF too extensively. This opportunity to send SA away for life was too good for them to pass up!
SA did not get a fair trial. LK worked with DA Pervy to strenghten SA' case. DA Pervy used BD's fictional account to pollute the jury pool.
JMO
Do you think SA got a fair trial?
100% not and that is clear. Like I say, I have no idea how they got away with running such a circus. Like you say ex-boyfriend wasn’t looked at, they didn’t even look at why her voicemail was accessed after she disappeared! Sloppy shoddy work, unbelievable they let this fly in the 21st century

agree
the investigation was loose and messy.
doesn't mean avery is innocent though.

agree
the investigation was loose and messy.
doesn't mean avery is innocent though.
I agree. But every person has a right to a fair trial. There was zero presumption of innocence. Imagine if that was how your trial was conducted?
I personally think he’s innocent as I have yet to see a concrete shred of evidence he did it.
There’s no way the Avery or Dassey family are sophisticated enough to scrub their property clean of every blood drop that would have been present if she had been murdered in the way was claimed.
I honestly have no clue who did it but in my opinion the guilty party is walking around free as a bird knowing the wrong person is behind bars. Let’s hope we all get to find out the truth at some point in time, hopefully not in the too distant future so Steve has a chance to have a life outside of jail. It’s scary to think how many years he has spent inside.

Brendan and Steve Avery are both low IQ, watching the police interviews with Brendan in series 1 made me so angry - he is highly suggestible, and would say the moon was made of cheese if they wanted him to. I'm looking forward to the second series, but at this point I think the murderer was very clever, and realised that in placing Theresa's car and remains at the car lot they would avoid detection.
Totally agree with you!

so for LE to frame avery for this crime....

-they had to know teresa was murdered..
-found the crimescene
-collected all the evidence from the crimescene
-located the disposal site.....
-collected the evidence there.
-took it all to averys place to frame him

right.

heres the thing.
IS......

so again I say

defies logic.

jmo

It does defy logic. Yet here we are. I highly suggest watching MaM 2, it should clear up all that has gone on in the last 3 yrs and without a doubt, SA was framed for murder by somebody.. could be LE could be someone more close to the situation or someone working on behalf of some authority figures. But it is now as clear as day... this was a frame job.

so for LE to frame avery for this crime....

-they had to know teresa was murdered..
-found the crimescene
-collected all the evidence from the crimescene
-located the disposal site.....
-collected the evidence there.
-took it all to averys place to frame him

right.

Why do you think it had to be LE?

Why do you think it had to be LE?
they discovered the evidence.
so if it was planted it had to be LE.
I don't buy the planted evidence scenario.
however I will watch your recommendation CoolJ.
always open to whatever info is avail. :)

mam1 didn't sway me his way.o_O

Last edited:
the blood vile could be used to'enhance' the evidence submitted.
it was something they had access to.

the other things don't add up to how LE got them in possession.
most critically teressa's remains.

they discovered the evidence.
so if it was planted it had to be LE.
I don't buy the planted evidence scenario.
however I will watch your recommendation CoolJ.
always open to whatever info is avail. :)

mam1 didn't sway me his way.o_O
So what about the key? How do they find it on the 7th (yes 7th!) search in plain view? That in itself should be enough to have people questioning what the heck is going on at that property and with the search.
Also - why was Lenk allowed on the property at all at any point? There was strict instruction that Manitowoc should not be involved, so why did they continue to be not just slightly but very closely involved?
Frame job all the way, irrespective of reasons for framing ie. they genuinely felt they had the guilty party and wanted to “help” the case by injecting evidence

So what about the key? How do they find it on the 7th (yes 7th!) search in plain view? That in itself should be enough to have people questioning what the heck is going on at that property and with the search.
Also - why was Lenk allowed on the property at all at any point? There was strict instruction that Manitowoc should not be involved, so why did they continue to be not just slightly but very closely involved?
Frame job all the way, irrespective of reasons for framing ie. they genuinely felt they had the guilty party and wanted to “help” the case by injecting evidence
all relevant points with the exception of how and why did they come by teresa's body?
there is no way LE could be involved with or coincidently coming across a murder (better yet cremated remains )and ingeniously on the spot deciding to pin it on a nemesis and then removing all traces of the actual perpetrator to sink a pathetic low life like avery.

its disrespectful to a murdered womans memory the *advertiser censored* show that's followed.

LE did themselves no favours 'enhancing' what they had.

but its unreasonable to suggest they found teresa's remains and strategically sabotaged her investigation and so she be the centre piece of the get avery scam.
jmo

all relevant points with the exception of how and why did they come by teresa's body?
there is no way LE could be involved with or coincidently coming across a murder (better yet cremated remains )and ingeniously on the spot deciding to pin it on a nemesis and then removing all traces of the actual perpetrator to sink a pathetic low life like avery.

its disrespectful to a murdered womans memory the **** show that's followed.

LE did themselves no favours 'enhancing' what they had.

but its unreasonable to suggest they found teresa's remains and strategically sabotaged her investigation and so she be the centre piece of the get avery scam.
jmo

I agree, it seems too far-fetched. I have no idea who did it but i don’t believe SA committed the crime. Let’s hope Zellner does what she does best and technology advances to a point where this can be cleared up. Someone knows what happened. Wish we did too.

the blood vile could be used to'enhance' the evidence submitted.
it was something they had access to.

the other things don't add up to how LE got them in possession.
most critically teressa's remains.

Again. Why do you think the remains had to be planted by LE?
That is not what SA’s post conviction defense lawyers are claiming. Nor are they claiming the blood vile theory. A lot has happened in the past 3 years.

The states narrative is a fairy tale. I can say that with 100% confidence.

Again. Why do you think the remains had to be planted by LE?
That is not what SA’s post conviction defense lawyers are claiming. Nor are they claiming the blood vile theory. A lot has happened in the past 3 years.

The states narrative is a fairy tale. I can say that with 100% confidence.
well who else would have?
its implied that department he was sueing should never have been involved yet they where.....not unreasonable to suspect them.....however unlikely....so beyond them who in the world would wanna set up avery????

Last edited by a moderator:
well who else would have?
its implied that department he was sueing should never have been involved yet they where.....not unreasonable to suspect them.....however unlikely....so beyond them who in the world would wanna set up avery????

MaM2 is out in 5 days. I am sure you will get a full synopsis of the past 3 yrs there. Too much has happened to explain in one post the answers to your inquiries.

I will say it is likely that some LEO planted at least some pieces of evidence. But there was much more shady stuff going on. Rest assured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member