Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Is Steven Avery responsible for the murder of Teresa Halbach?

• He did it

Votes: 253 29.7%
  • Some other guy did it

Votes: 67 7.9%
  • Looks guilty at this point

Votes: 74 8.7%
  • Not guilty based on evidence I've seen thus far

Votes: 195 22.9%
  • Undecided, but believe new trial is in order

Votes: 254 29.8%
  • Undecided all around; more information required

Votes: 55 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
MaM2 is out in 5 days. I am sure you will get a full synopsis of the past 3 yrs there. Too much has happened to explain in one post the answers to your inquiries.

I will say it is likely that some LEO planted at least some pieces of evidence. But there was much more shady stuff going on. Rest assured.
the police embellishing their evidence isnt what i want to discuss. that's easy for and against either way.
nobody will address Teresa's remains .
how they came to be on averys property if planted.
why would LE cover up the murder of this woman to frame avery.

the police embellishing their evidence isnt what i want to discuss. that's easy for and against either way.
nobody will address Teresa's remains .
how they came to be on averys property if planted.
why would LE cover up the murder of this woman to frame avery.

I don't think placing TH's remains on Avery's property would be that difficult to do, especially if someone who had it in for him were trying to fit him up for a murder.
He had been fitted up before by LE so why not again?
Avery is not the only person to be fitted up for a crime they didn't do. There are other cases out there where LE have even admitted such. It's called police corruption.
All IMO

I don't think placing TH's remains on Avery's property would be that difficult to do, especially if someone who had it in for him were trying to fit him up for a murder.
Avery is not the only person to be fitted up for a crime they didn't do. There are other cases out there where LE have even admitted such. It's called police corruption.
All IMO
and again.....who killed Teresa and how in the world would LE get its hands on Teresa's remains to frame avery with them.

the murder of an innocent woman has been turned into a circus about a suspicious shady person who showed plenty of redflags no matter what embellishments LE provided.

Literally can’t wait for this 2nd series
I wonder if the new series will focus on Zellner's failure to provide a slam dunk in proving Avery's innocence or will it be a rehash of all of the prior claims of planted evidence?

and again.....who killed Teresa and how in the world would LE get its hands on Teresa's remains to frame avery with them.

the murder of an innocent woman has been turned into a circus about a suspicious shady person who showed plenty of redflags no matter what embellishments LE provided.

TH's supposed remains were cremated and collected in a very suspicious way, and experts have stated that it is very dubious that a person's body could be cremated to that extent in an outdoor fire pit, so there is that.
I think there have been plenty of red flags on other players in this case as well and how the case was handled. It just doesn't pass the smell test IMO

Shady person? This person was to be legally considered innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. You’re telling me every person who has a previous criminal record should be a red flag for murder? How dangerous is that!

I wonder if the new series will focus on Zellner's failure to provide a slam dunk in proving Avery's innocence or will it be a rehash of all of the prior claims of planted evidence?
I hope it’s both, either way I hope it isn’t a wash out compared to the first series

All IMO
The framing of Avery in the 1985 Beerntsen case indicates that the local law enforcement regime didn't care about bringing justice for victims or protecting the community. Gregory Allen was not a petty criminal, and LE protected him by framing Steven for the brutal assault that could have resulted in Penny's death. This knowledge destroys whatever presumption of honesty and integrity I might have been persuaded to attribute to the sherriff's department.

The framing of Avery in the 1985 Beerntsen case indicates that the local law enforcement regime didn't care about bringing justice for victims or protecting the community. Gregory Allen was not a petty criminal, and LE protected him by framing Steven for the brutal assault that could have resulted in Penny's death. This knowledge destroys whatever presumption of honesty and integrity I might have been persuaded to attribute to the sherriff's department.
Totally agree, and it certainly makes that particular LE look very shady IMO.
And if we look at that particular case back in 1985, why were the LE so determined to lock Avery up back then and keep him there? What was their motive? Why did they need to get rid of him? Being such a close knit community as i imagine it was where everyone knew everyone, it seems some type of hatred had been brewing there for quite some time toward SA, and maybe others within his family as well?

Zellner is not out to prove Avery's innocence or guilt. The previous trial had already done that.
Zellner is looking at the legal aspects in this post conviction phase to find Brady/Denny violations and whatever else PC entails to find and prove that SA did not get due process afforded him and a fair trial because of those violations, etc.
IMO

Zellner is not out to prove Avery's innocence or guilt. The previous trial had already done that.
Zellner is looking at the legal aspects in this post conviction phase to find Brady/Denny violations and whatever else PC entails to find and prove that SA did not get due process afforded him and a fair trial because of those violations, etc.
IMO
"Mr. Avery has set forth a specific factual basis from the first forensic analysis of Detective [Michael] Velie, which demonstrates a reasonable likelihood that the second forensic examination contains relevant information that is necessary to a determination of guilt or innocence of Mr. Avery and is not merely cumulative of evidence that was already available to him," Zellner says.

Avery wants to present evidence from recent computer examination

And if we look at that particular case back in 1985, why were the LE so determined to lock Avery up back then and keep him there? What was their motive?
Sometimes I wonder if the question should be "Why were LE so determined to keep GA free and fit Steven Avery up"

"Mr. Avery has set forth a specific factual basis from the first forensic analysis of Detective [Michael] Velie, which demonstrates a reasonable likelihood that the second forensic examination contains relevant information that is necessary to a determination of guilt or innocence of Mr. Avery and is not merely cumulative of evidence that was already available to him," Zellner says.

Avery wants to present evidence from recent computer examination
And from the article you linked in your post
(quote)
Last month, Zellner filed a motion claiming failure to disclose a CD of evidence violated Avery's right to a fair trial. Zellner obtained the CD in April 2018.

Totally agree, and it certainly makes that particular LE look very shady IMO.
And if we look at that particular case back in 1985, why were the LE so determined to lock Avery up back then and keep him there? What was their motive? Why did they need to get rid of him? Being such a close knit community as i imagine it was where everyone knew everyone, it seems some type of hatred had been brewing there for quite some time toward SA, and maybe others within his family as well?
Avery's cousin married to a county sheriff, hatred filtered down from the top of LE. People questioning why LE would want to frame Avery in the murder case.. they already proved they were happy to frame historically so clearly very capable of it. The drawing made of him and framed to hang up on a wall, how telling is that. JMO.

Convicted Killer Steven Avery Will One Day Walk Free Thanks to 'Explosive Evidence,' Attorney Vows (with clip)

"Since its premiere nearly three years ago, Netflix’s docuseries Making a Murderer has raised more doubts about the death of Teresa Halbach and who was responsible than it has provided answers.

But one person not gripped by uncertainty is Kathleen Zellner, an attorney famous for exonerating wrongfully convicted people who, since January 2016, has been representing Halbach’s convicted killer Steven Avery.

Making a Murderer — which returns for part 2 on Friday (an exclusive preview is above) — cast a harsh light on the case against Avery and his teenage nephew Brendan Dassey, both of whom were found guilty of murdering Halbach, a 25-year-old photographer, in October 2005...."

Steven Avery Will Walk Thanks to 'Explosive Evidence,' Attorney Vows — but Prosecutors Don't Buy It
---

'Making a Murderer' Part 2 Details, Premiere Date Revealed

"The next batch of 10 episodes will launch Oct. 19.

Making a Murderer is officially returning to Netflix after nearly three years. The streamer announced that part two of the Emmy-winning docuseries will bow globally on Friday, Oct. 19.

The 10 all-new episodes will see filmmakers Laura Ricciardi and Moira Demos return to the Midwest for what is being billed as exclusive access to Steven Avery, his co-defendant and nephew Brendan Dassey, their families and the legal teams fighting on their behalf. The next batch of episodes will offer a look at the post-conviction process and explore the emotional toll the case has had on all involved....

WATCH

'Making a Murderer' Part 2 Teaser..."

'Making a Murderer' Part 2 Details, Premiere Date Revealed
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It does defy logic. Yet here we are. I highly suggest watching MaM 2, it should clear up all that has gone on in the last 3 yrs and without a doubt, SA was framed for murder by somebody.. could be LE could be someone more close to the situation or someone working on behalf of some authority figures. But it is now as clear as day... this was a frame job.
Im watching now and I find it almost laughable how the criminal defense atty and all her experts defy gravity to make it seem like it was planted. And ignore the actual evidence and worried about how the hair may have laid in the trunk not that the bleeding hurt woman was laying there dying.
The plot to frame his is insane. It just is. And as for Brendan Dassey just because he is slow doesn't mean he didn't have anything to do with it. It just means he was easily led. I dont discount his involvement at all.

Im watching now and I find it almost laughable how the criminal defense atty and all her experts defy gravity to make it seem like it was planted. And ignore the actual evidence and worried about how the hair may have laid in the trunk not that the bleeding hurt woman was laying there dying.
The plot to frame his is insane. It just is. And as for Brendan Dassey just because he is slow doesn't mean he didn't have anything to do with it. It just means he was easily led. I dont discount his involvement at all.

I'm confused how you think the experiment defies gravity. Do you think gravity works horizontally or vertically? How did Colbourn shake and twist the cabinet without budging the coins on top?

Keys drop straight down, not flutter back and forth like a piece of paper landing in a spot lateral from where it was dropped? Please elaborate.

But i agree, the plot to frame him is insane.

KZ is not done yet. In fact she says she is just getting started. One of her most recent tweets was that the case has only been looked at by 1 judge but she expects it to eventually be reviewed by up to 10 judges.

RANCH, overturning wrongful convictions is a horrendously long process. Please keep an open mind with regards to this case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member