Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Is Steven Avery responsible for the murder of Teresa Halbach?

• He did it

Votes: 253 29.7%
  • Some other guy did it

Votes: 67 7.9%
  • Looks guilty at this point

Votes: 74 8.7%
  • Not guilty based on evidence I've seen thus far

Votes: 195 22.9%
  • Undecided, but believe new trial is in order

Votes: 254 29.8%
  • Undecided all around; more information required

Votes: 55 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will also add IMO, that LE had never actually come upon a murder scene as such, because there is no evidence to say how TH was killed and where.

BBM, This will answer some of your questions as to the timelines from the beginning of who did what and when, and when all the various so called evidence was discovered:
(quote)
November 8, 2005:

• Teresa's key is found in Avery's bedroom, during a three hour and 43 minute search of his trailer

• Licenses plates from Teresa's car are discovered in another car in the Avery yard

• Bones and teeth are found in Avery's burn pit
  • Timeline of Halbach case
thank you for taking the time to reply but I don't need a rehash of the time line. I am well acquainted with the known facts,

I would like an avery supporter to put a theory forward on how LE happened upon Teresa's murder and /or cremated remains ….picked it all up ...swung by the lab and picked up a vile of averys blood …….elimated all traces of the actual murder..gave a free pass to whoever did murder Teresa.....and did all this undetected ...or wait....was everybody in the conspiracy???

the above picture is what you are telling us happened to believe the narrative that then follows.....

"swung by the lab and picked up a vile of averys blood"

how can that be, if no EDTA was in the samples collected from THs car? or did you not believe the FBI guy from the 07 trial...?

maybe it's your perception of a so called conspiracy that's a bit wrong here:)

all it takes, sometimes, is a wrong sticker on a piece of evidence in the lab, or not showing the evidence at all... there you go. you think that never happened in a criminal case?

"gave a free pass to whoever did murder Teresa"

you can only give someone a free pass if you know who it was. my believe is: they did not know who it was. evidence points to avery, yes.. on the surface... but there's something wrong with all of it, and even you can't deny it at this point.

"elimated all traces of the actual murder"

again... you somehow take it for granted that these cops knew what was going on...

thank you for taking the time to reply but I don't need a rehash of the time line. I am well acquainted with the known facts,

I would like an avery supporter to put a theory forward on how LE happened upon Teresa's murder and /or cremated remains ….picked it all up ...swung by the lab and picked up a vile of averys blood …….elimated all traces of the actual murder..gave a free pass to whoever did murder Teresa.....and did all this undetected ...or wait....was everybody in the conspiracy???

the above picture is what you are telling us happened to believe the narrative that then follows.....
Someone outside of LE framed SA (BoD/ST?) and LE planted some evidence to make sure SA would get a GJ to move forward with the case. IMO

Someone outside of LE framed SA (BoD/ST?) and LE planted some evidence to make sure SA would get a GJ to move forward with the case. IMO

thank you, that's my point... police did not frame, they were just opportunists...

what's a GJ by the way?

someone else framed avery with the help of LE ?
who?????

who wanted Teresa dead .....also wanted to get avery good....AND got a helping hand through LE.....AND got off scott free?????????

(quote)
Steven Avery
, the Wisconsin man who was exonerated after a botched 1985 rape conviction only to later be tried and convicted of murder, has named his nephew, Bobby Dassey, and another relative through marriage as possible murder suspects.

Avery has been fighting for his innocence since he accused the police of setting him up for the 2005 murder of freelance photographer Teresa Halbach.

In an affidavit filed Friday, Avery himself said he believes Bobby Dassey and his sister Barb’s third husband, Scott Tadych, “are involved in the murder.” The claims are an admitted about-face for Avery, who previously had stated that the police broke into his trailer, took his blood, and planted it in Halbach’s Toyota RAV-4.
In the affidavit, Avery said Bobby Dassey became “immediately nervous after I mentioned” that a police officer had come to his property to inquire about Halbach’s whereabouts. Halbach was last seen October 31, 2005, and was reported missing November 3rd. Avery said Bobby Dassey became nervous on that date — November 3rd — upon learning of the law enforcement visit. Avery further said Bobby Dassey refused to join him on a trip to Menards (a home improvement store chain in the Midwest) because Bobby had “things to do.”

Avery then said that his finger was bleeding because he had torn open a cut on his hand while trying to unhitch a trailer. He believes Bobby Dassey saw the cut and a subsequent blood stain on Steven Avery’s own Pontiac gearshift.
Avery said he believes Bobby Dassey noticed a cut on his hand that night and further noticed that he had bled on the gearshift of his own vehicle, a blue Pontiac. Avery said that he tended to the wound in his own trailer’s bathroom but that someone mysteriously cleaned the blood before he woke at 6 a.m. on November 4th. “I saw that most of the blood on my sink, which I had not cleaned up the previous night, was gone. It seemed to me that the blood had been cleaned up,” Avery said in the affidavit.
In New Filing, Steven Avery, of ‘Making a Murderer,’ Names Two Others As Possible Killers

how?
can you bring me your wares lol
i just cant see it fitting.
And I can't see SA and BD slitting TH' throat, handcuffing her to the bed, raping and shooting her in SA's trailer, cleaning up all the DNA while leaving piles of clutter, dust and garbage undisturbed. Oh, and SA calling Jodi in between the raping, murder, and burning, sounding calm and upbeat!

@k-mac
... sick f*ks normally want people dead...

who said that the actual killer(s) and LE were in, how do you say, cahoots, with each other...?

(quote)
Steven Avery
, the Wisconsin man who was exonerated after a botched 1985 rape conviction only to later be tried and convicted of murder, has named his nephew, Bobby Dassey, and another relative through marriage as possible murder suspects.

Avery has been fighting for his innocence since he accused the police of setting him up for the 2005 murder of freelance photographer Teresa Halbach.

In an affidavit filed Friday, Avery himself said he believes Bobby Dassey and his sister Barb’s third husband, Scott Tadych, “are involved in the murder.” The claims are an admitted about-face for Avery, who previously had stated that the police broke into his trailer, took his blood, and planted it in Halbach’s Toyota RAV-4.
In the affidavit, Avery said Bobby Dassey became “immediately nervous after I mentioned” that a police officer had come to his property to inquire about Halbach’s whereabouts. Halbach was last seen October 31, 2005, and was reported missing November 3rd. Avery said Bobby Dassey became nervous on that date — November 3rd — upon learning of the law enforcement visit. Avery further said Bobby Dassey refused to join him on a trip to Menards (a home improvement store chain in the Midwest) because Bobby had “things to do.”

Avery then said that his finger was bleeding because he had torn open a cut on his hand while trying to unhitch a trailer. He believes Bobby Dassey saw the cut and a subsequent blood stain on Steven Avery’s own Pontiac gearshift.
Avery said he believes Bobby Dassey noticed a cut on his hand that night and further noticed that he had bled on the gearshift of his own vehicle, a blue Pontiac. Avery said that he tended to the wound in his own trailer’s bathroom but that someone mysteriously cleaned the blood before he woke at 6 a.m. on November 4th. “I saw that most of the blood on my sink, which I had not cleaned up the previous night, was gone. It seemed to me that the blood had been cleaned up,” Avery said in the affidavit.
In New Filing, Steven Avery, of ‘Making a Murderer,’ Names Two Others As Possible Killers
thanks karinna
appreciate some substance to the conspiracy.

im not convinced, its all 'additive' as we go along.
but its not balanced if I cant see things from your perpectives :)

And I can't see SA and BD slitting TH' throat, handcuffing her to the bed, raping and shooting her in SA's trailer, cleaning up all the DNA while leaving piles of clutter, dust and garbage undisturbed. Oh, and SA calling Jodi in between the raping, murder, and burning, sounding calm and upbeat!
but nobody knows how Teresa was killed.
the defense runs with the gospel story the prosecution put forward because it suits them to.
they didn't know then and nobody knows now.
so using the theory.... well there was no throat slitting in averys house because there was no blood doesn't wash with me.
its a moot point.

with no cause of death proving or disproving no blood activity is ridiculous.
Teresa could have been strangled in that house or bludgeoned outdoors.
doesn't support or incriminate avery.

neither sides should be able to invent this narrative.

jmo

thanks karinna
appreciate some substance to the conspiracy.

im not convinced, its all 'additive' as we go along.
but its not balanced if I cant see things from your perpectives :)
No problem & you're welcome, :)

@k-mac
... sick f*ks normally want people dead...

who said that the actual killer(s) and LE were in, how do you say, cahoots, with each other...?
well leslievernon
that would mean there were several conspiracies going on....and im not onboard with one! :p

but nobody knows how Teresa was killed.
the defense runs with the gospel story the prosecution put forward because it suits them to.
they didn't know then and nobody knows now.
so using the theory.... well there was no throat slitting in averys house because there was no blood doesn't wash with me.
its a moot point.

with no cause of death proving or disproving no blood activity is ridiculous.
Teresa could have been strangled in that house or bludgeoned outdoors.
doesn't support or incriminate avery.

neither sides should be able to invent this narrative.

jmo

As in other murder cases i have followed it is sometimes very difficult if not near impossible to prove how a victim has been murdered with lack of evidence to tell their story.
And also who was actually responsible. I am rather surprised in the Avery case to where all the fingerprint evidence is in TH's vehicle? If the perp./s were wearing gloves and if it was SA then why the blood evidence left behind?

What other story should the defense have gone with? The DA is the one who put BD's "confession" out there.
talking specifically about lack of blood all through the trailer...nothing else.
judge should have chucked out that fantasy narrative.
joining dots and painting your own picture is not helpful to criminal case.
Teresa's remains don't tell us any such narrative.

BD's confession is recorded evidence.
nothing to do with the discussion above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat