Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Is Steven Avery responsible for the murder of Teresa Halbach?

• He did it

Votes: 253 29.7%
  • Some other guy did it

Votes: 67 7.9%
  • Looks guilty at this point

Votes: 74 8.7%
  • Not guilty based on evidence I've seen thus far

Votes: 195 22.9%
  • Undecided, but believe new trial is in order

Votes: 254 29.8%
  • Undecided all around; more information required

Votes: 55 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Teresa was killed in Avery's trailer and transferred to the garage why would they do that? If as the state involves BD in the crime also?
Why then would they transfer TH to her vehicle? They say TH was killed in the trailer/garage, transferred into the RAV as per her blood in the back, and then remove her again to the bonfire/fire pit? That just doesn't even sound logical in a murder case for the perp./s to have the victim evidence right there on their property all laid out ready for LE to find.

I don't think SA needed TH for sex, he had a girlfriend at the time whom he spoke to at the jail that day. Who for a reason i have forgotten was denied day leave from the jail also that day.
And to get 16 yr. old Brendan Dassey in on the act too? Why would he even do that? Sounds a bit too far fetched to me, IMO.
Having a girlfriend is an alibi for sexually assaulting someone? Interesting idea.

If Teresa was killed in Avery's trailer and transferred to the garage why would they do that? If as the state involves BD in the crime also?
Why then would they transfer TH to her vehicle? They say TH was killed in the trailer/garage, transferred into the RAV as per her blood in the back, and then remove her again to the bonfire/fire pit? That just doesn't even sound logical in a murder case for the perp./s to have the victim evidence right there on their property all laid out ready for LE to find.
because its pure narrative fantasy.
should never have been allowed by the judge.
why it is necessary to put forward a picture that you don't actually have is mind blowing.
and as I say it opens the door for the defense to say see?? thats crap so he didn't do it!!

when the fantasy dot joining narrative doesn't do is prove or deny a thing.... because its bogus. unhelpful to the case.
the prosecutions additives are not however an excuse for exoneration.

that is what is unfortunate here.
manipulated as a strength for the defence.

its maddening!

Where is the evidence Avery sexually assaulted anyone? There isn't any is there?
no,,,but there isn't evidence of no sexual assault either.

the odds are good that she was.
but totally unprovable either way

why it is necessary to put forward a picture that you don't actually have is mind blowing.
and as I say it opens the door for the defense to say see?? thats crap so he didn't do it!!

when the fantasy dot joining narrative doesn't do is prove or deny a thing.... because its bogus. unhelpful to the case.

its maddening!
In a case like this a lot would have to be speculation, because there is no solid proof of anything.
It couldn't even be conclusively proven the bones actually belonged to TH. Everything about the case doesn't add up and can be disproven, so what really is there? Nothing, IMO
Maybe a big part of the frustration in it all is that it was a botched investigation right from the get go.
Deliberately or not, well that's the million dollar question.

no evidence of sexual assault...

kratz told the whole f*ing world, in the most lurid daily sun-style narrative HOW she was sexually assaulted and murdered.
and forensic evidence didn't back up a word he was saying.

but that's what stuck in people's minds forever. avery had no more chance, realistically, after that press conference.

its maddening!
The narrative was already out there, months before the trial, courtesy of KK.

I am still dumbfounded by the amount of people saying SA did this in the way the prosecutors argued.
There is no plausible evidence whatsoever.
I agree
there is no plausible evidence it happened the way the prosecution stated.

doesnt convince me he is innocent though.
there isn't evidence to suggest anyone else pulled it off and framed him.

The narrative was already out there, months before the trial, courtesy of KK.
well is kk not a part of the prosecution team suddenly???
that is exactly where it came from.
as stated in my post. before during after the trial...isn't the point.

In a case like this a lot would have to be speculation, because there is no solid proof of anything.
It couldn't even be conclusively proven the bones actually belonged to TH. Everything about the case doesn't add up and can be disproven, so what really is there? Nothing, IMO
Maybe a big part of the frustration in it all is that it was a botched investigation right from the get go.
Deliberately or not, well that's the million dollar question.
yes so true karinna
botched yes....framed imo no.

talking specifically about lack of blood all through the trailer...nothing else.
judge should have chucked out that fantasy narrative.
joining dots and painting your own picture is not helpful to criminal case.
Teresa's remains don't tell us any such narrative.

BD's confession is recorded evidence.
nothing to do with the discussion above.

BBM

This is why I don't think it's useful to answer Gotcha Questions like 'If Avery didn't do it then who did?'

The actual perpetrators might never be identified. Many crimes go unsolved.

We are not obliged to convict someone just because otherwise we'd have to admit we don't know.

Solving the crime isn't necessary to show that the case presented by the state fails to meet the 'beyond a reasonable doubt' standard.

There are many facts the prosecution theory cannot account for. There are many assumptions in the state theory which have no factual basis. And we know of many dubious actions by law enforcement employees which indicate the investigation may not have been conducted in good faith.

yes so true karinna
botched yes....framed imo no.
In that case if the investigation was botched from the get go, then the evidences cannot be reliable and SA & BD at least deserve a new Trial with further new evidence found by KZ's investigation with at least 1 or 2 Brady violations that have been proven by her so far.
We can speculate about it all we want, but KZ is the PC attorney that is going through the legal process to undo the wrong that was done initially in the botched investigation/trial.

I don't need to read this statement back to myself.:confused:

no proof he didn't sexually assault her.
that is a fact.

no proof he did.
that is a fact also.

maybe you need to read it back again to yourself.
o_O
I find it interesting that suggesting a possible motive creates such backlash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member