Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Is Steven Avery responsible for the murder of Teresa Halbach?

• He did it

Votes: 253 29.7%
  • Some other guy did it

Votes: 67 7.9%
  • Looks guilty at this point

Votes: 74 8.7%
  • Not guilty based on evidence I've seen thus far

Votes: 195 22.9%
  • Undecided, but believe new trial is in order

Votes: 254 29.8%
  • Undecided all around; more information required

Votes: 55 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
from KZ's twitter:

Kathleen Zellner Retweeted Kathleen Zellner

So join us on Twitter tomorrow & we’ll discuss new information re our investigation after MaM2 & answer your questions. @MakingAMurderer

I would like to hear more about the testing in Barb's garage...

BBM - how did KZ get permission to test the Dassey garage if it was never included in the original evidence against SA ?

Last edited:
BBM - how did KZ get permission to test the Dassey garage if it was never included in the original evidence against SA ?
Probably because KZ is doing her own investigation with her team, and looking for new evidence for her submissions to the courts for what she needs to do in the post conviction phase. All IMO

Probably because KZ is doing her own investigation with her team, and looking for new evidence for her submissions to the courts for what she needs to do in the post conviction phase. All IMO

I get that but she just can't waltz into someone's garage and start testing. I assume that the Averys own Barb's old house so Allan, Delores or Chuck must have given her permission to test the garage.

I believe you asked if Avery was a hunter. This pic doesn't prove he was, but it shows SA with a deer kill.
This is from the beginning of every episode of MaM2.

upload_2018-11-14_21-6-59.png

I get that but she just can't waltz into someone's garage and start testing. I assume that the Averys own Barb's old house so Allan, Delores or Chuck must have given her permission to test the garage.
Yes i imagine KZ knows what she is doing. It's not her first rodeo after all.

I believe you asked if Avery was a hunter. This pic doesn't prove he was, but it shows SA with a deer kill.
This is from the beginning of every episode of MaM2.

View attachment 155697
As you say its just a photo. I read before he wasn't a hunter though. It's a blurry photo.
I don't think Brendan was either?

As you say its just a photo. I read before he wasn't a hunter though. It's a blurry photo.
I don't think Brendan was either?

No, I don't think Brendan was a hunter. In addition to the 22cal rifle, SA also had a 50cal muzzle loader in his possession - this gun is commonly used for hunting.

I know that Barb sold that house in 2006 or 2007, no clue who she sold it to, I wouldn't assume it was the Avery's since they have struggled financially. I'm guessing KZ got permission from the owner.

I read through some of O'Donnell's postings about the first series and I was not favorably impressed.

He had so many facts wrong and admitted he hadn't researched any of the available documents, so that's enough for me not to waste my time for the second round ;-) It's like Greisbach and Kratz's books, with all the documents that are available, they could have read them to get their info correct. JMO

I know that Barb sold that house in 2006 or 2007, no clue who she sold it to, I wouldn't assume it was the Avery's since they have struggled financially. I'm guessing KZ got permission from the owner.

Found a Manitowoc County record that shows it belongs to Chuck. 12930A was the Dassey house.

upload_2018-11-14_22-55-21.png

No, I don't think Brendan was a hunter. In addition to the 22cal rifle, SA also had a 50cal muzzle loader in his possession - this gun is commonly used for hunting.
I thought the 22 belonged to the owner of where Avery was living? And do you have a link that supports what you are saying about what weapons Avery owned/ TIA.

Last edited:
I have read RJ owned the weapons in the Avery trailer, and that RJ was also the owner of the trailer Steven lived in. He also testified in court.

Found a Manitowoc County record that shows it belongs to Chuck. 12930A was the Dassey house.

View attachment 155723

ahhh yep, I was able to find the deed info on it, looks like it was sold to him for around $49K. So that would make access for KZ pretty easy IMO Not sure who actually lives in it now, probably one of the kids.

Was there ever any forensic ballistic evidence that the weapons in the Avery trailer were recently fired after TH was missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member