Steven Avery: Guilty of Teresa Halbach's Murder?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Is Steven Avery responsible for the murder of Teresa Halbach?

• He did it

Votes: 253 29.7%
  • Some other guy did it

Votes: 67 7.9%
  • Looks guilty at this point

Votes: 74 8.7%
  • Not guilty based on evidence I've seen thus far

Votes: 195 22.9%
  • Undecided, but believe new trial is in order

Votes: 254 29.8%
  • Undecided all around; more information required

Votes: 55 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You asked for a link on on the guns in Avery's trailer - both of them were in photos taken by police. Doesn't matter if SA owned them or not.
No it doesn't matter if the guns that belonged to the owner were in the trailer that Avery lived in and had so called possession of because he lived there, because he didn't shoot anyone and neither did Brendan Dassey, IMO

No it doesn't matter if the guns that belonged to the owner were in the trailer that Avery lived in and had so called possession of because he lived there, because he didn't shoot anyone and neither did Brendan Dassey, IMO

IMO, Steven Avery shot Teresa Halbach multiple times and he is right where he belongs and i will continue to believe that until someone proves someone else shot her.

I'll continue to believe Steven Avery is innocent until he is proved guilty, which doesn't seem likely when the evidence shows that Steven and Teresa seem to be in different locations.

I'll continue to believe Steven Avery is innocent until he is proved guilty, which doesn't seem likely when the evidence shows that Steven and Teresa seem to be in different locations.

What verifiable evidence do you have to prove that claim ?

Scent dogs tracking Teresa at neighboring property, plus witness statements placing Steven at ASY. Two different places.

So how do you know SA didn't first attempt to burn TH's body at the neighboring property ? And scent dogs have been know to be wrong before - good luck with that one.

Maybe I didn't read her tweet correctly but KZ is now claiming the TH's battery was replaced after 10/31 and before 11/5 and they know who replaced it. She is also claiming that someone gave TH the Dassey address and it wasn't by phone.

Maybe I didn't read her tweet correctly but KZ is now claiming the TH's battery was replaced after 10/31 and before 11/5 and they know who replaced it. She is also claiming that someone gave TH the Dassey address and it wasn't by phone.
Yep. the battery was fairly new, left factory august 04. they have investigated and know who bought the battery.

upload_2018-11-15_14-36-2.png
upload_2018-11-15_14-36-41.png
upload_2018-11-15_14-37-5.png
upload_2018-11-15_14-37-47.png

My questions are the obvious -
  • How does KZ know her suspect called TH back with directions ? Where is the proof ?
  • How could the body be burned both on 10/31 & 11/4 ?
  • Who would be stupid enough to replace the Rav4 battery when there would be record of it ? She claims to know who did.
  • How do these "witnesses" know with 100% certainty that the green SuV they saw was TH's ? It's already know that Rahmlow said he told Colborn on 11/4 but Colborn wasn't working that day ?
  • Who is the witness that saw ST at the ASY at noon visiting BoD on 10/31 ?
  • How does she know that her suspect had access to SA's trailer when he went to Menards ?
To me, today's new info are just enhancements to the narrative she has constructed framing Bobby. I bet she has already tested the Dassey garage and found nothing.

So how do you know SA didn't first attempt to burn TH's body at the neighboring property ? And scent dogs have been know to be wrong before - good luck with that one.

While any number of scenarios might be suggested, I am going by the American judicial standard of whether I can lend credence to the narrative put forward by the prosecution 'beyond a reasonable doubt'.

Any number of witnesses have already been cited talking about Steven being at his home fielding random telephone calls and receiving unannounced visitors. No one has suggested that Steven was anywhere else.

I only know that the prosecution narrative has failed, and attempts to save it by radically changing their story hasn't helped their credibility.

While any number of scenarios might be suggested, I am going by the American judicial standard of whether I can lend credence to the narrative put forward by the prosecution 'beyond a reasonable doubt'.

Any number of witnesses have already been cited talking about Steven being at his home fielding random telephone calls and receiving unannounced visitors. No one has suggested that Steven was anywhere else.

I only know that the prosecution narrative has failed, and attempts to save it by radically changing their story hasn't helped their credibility.

BBM - I respect your opinion, but I hardly think the prosecution narrative has changed as SA and BD are behind bars. KZ has her own theory, but it's just a theory.

I will certainly listen to KZ if she gives me definitive proof as to who and when the Rav4 battery was changed while the vehicle was supposedly off ASY property.

Last edited:
View attachment 155796
View attachment 155797
View attachment 155798
View attachment 155799

My questions are the obvious -
  • How does KZ know her suspect called TH back with directions ? Where is the proof ?
  • How could the body be burned both on 10/31 & 11/4 ?
  • Who would be stupid enough to replace the Rav4 battery when there would be record of it ? She claims to know who did.
  • How do these "witnesses" know with 100% certainty that the green SuV they saw was TH's ? It's already know that Rahmlow said he told Colborn on 11/4 but Colborn wasn't working that day ?
  • Who is the witness that saw ST at the ASY at noon visiting BoD on 10/31 ?
  • How does she know that her suspect had access to SA's trailer when he went to Menards ?
To me, today's new info are just enhancements to the narrative she has constructed framing Bobby. I bet she has already tested the Dassey garage and found nothing.

Wouldn't we all like the answers? LOL

As for the battery... from what I am reading on reddit, the battery was purchased in Aug/04, it has a name attached to the serial number for warranty purposes. Apparently the battery type was used in Crown Victoria's, which of course would have been police vehicles back then. I will say JMO since I am reading it over there and from the poster that actually sent KZ the tip about the battery.

In my opinion changing the narrative from Steven kept Teresa at ASY all night is a different story than Steven took Teresa to another location. Both can't be true. Both could be false. Both are just theories.

Neither one is 'guilty beyond a reasonable doubt' for me. Therefore I don't think either Brendan or Steven should be behind bars based on a 'theory' that changes from trial to trial.

In my opinion changing the narrative from Steven kept Teresa at ASY all night is a different story than Steven took Teresa to another location. Both can't be true. Both could be false. Both are just theories.

Neither one is 'guilty beyond a reasonable doubt' for me. Therefore I don't think either Brendan or Steven should be behind bars based on a 'theory' that changes from trial to trial.

I don't have to tell you about all of the evidence that points at SA, including his DNA. Anyone can invent a theory as to how the DNA got there but they can't replicate the exact conditions of 10/31 post 2:30pm. Getting BD to confirm a lot of it was just icing on the cake.

I don't have to tell you about all the evidence that points away from Brendan and Steven.

The prosecution's job was to come up with a narrative I could believe beyond a reasonable doubt. They failed in that respect.

I don't need any alternative theory to vote 'not guilty'. That's how it's supposed to be done in US courts.

When KZ says stuff like "TH's electronics were not burned in Steven's burn barrel; they were burned in Dassey burn barrel." has this been proven or just made up?

Wouldn't we all like the answers? LOL

As for the battery... from what I am reading on reddit, the battery was purchased in Aug/04, it has a name attached to the serial number for warranty purposes. Apparently the battery type was used in Crown Victoria's, which of course would have been police vehicles back then. I will say JMO since I am reading it over there and from the poster that actually sent KZ the tip about the battery.

I'm missing something - how do we know the Rav4 was off ASY property when the battery was replaced ?
Did the police not have to start the car at the ASY to move it at least to where a tow truck could move it to the lab ? Seems like it was pretty boxed in when they found it. Anyone charged with moving the Rav4 could have tried to start it, found the battery was dead, and called down to the shop to have one sent up.

Unless Zellner has specific proof the battery was changed while the Rav4 was off ASY property, I can't see how this proves anything.

I don't have to tell you about all the evidence that points away from Brendan and Steven.

The prosecution's job was to come up with a narrative I could believe beyond a reasonable doubt. They failed in that respect.

I don't need any alternative theory to vote 'not guilty'. That's how it's supposed to be done in US courts.

And if you were on the jury, you could've and maybe hung the jury. 12 others were convinced enough to convict him.

When KZ says stuff like "TH's electronics were not burned in Steven's burn barrel; they were burned in Dassey burn barrel." has this been proven or just made up?

Don't think there were any names on the burn barrels as to which was which.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee