Steven Powell arrested in Washington State

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always interested in the wording LE uses. This just popped out at me. Usually they say "not related to the case". Here, they threw in a "directly".

Interesting.

Yes, quite interesting. If they had added "at this time" it would be even more interesting. I would guess that they are going to investigate the possibility that it is at least INdirectly related, and it very well could be.

I knew the guy was a creep, but I admit this was shocking and disgusting, something I didn't expect. Kids??? Really??? I hope he gets the maximum penalty.

Somehow, I feel that it is not going to end here. Child *advertiser censored* is serious stuff. There is no telling what he is capable of. Glad to know the kids are in protective custody. While it might not happen overnight, I sincerely hope and pray that Susan's parents end up with full and permanent custody of them. Praying that they are not too terribly traumatized by all this.

As for the pic of him being led into jail, that smirk says it all. Shell shocked, I would imagine. Maybe a little scared but defiant, too.

WOW! This is just hard to take in all at once. Is Josh going to be next, you think?? Wonder how much of this he knew all along.

KSLSharaPark Shara Park

Press release from Pierce County Sheriff's Dept says the search at Powell home on Aug 25, was part of a "homicide investigation."

Do we have that press release?

I saw this on the news this morning and I literally jumped up and down and yelled "YES" outloud. Then I realized why he was arrested and I felt sick :(

This is a sick, sick, vile man. I can only hope that this will allow the Cox's to gain custody of those precious boys. I wish I thought that jail might break him and he will tell of Susan's demise but sadly I don't think that will happen.

Will SP use the excuse that the 8 and 10 year old neighbor girls he photographed 'titillated' him because 'they liked doing that. And besides, their mom left the blinds open in their upstairs home? What a sick ! His type always blames the victim(s).

Poor Susan. It makes me sick to my stomach that she had to live in that SP home with only a sheet for privacy in her bedroom. Thank goodness she caught him watching her and told others about his inappropriate behavior. Now we know this is indeed true! (Which I never doubted.)

Creepy, creepy! SP also has very mean eyes, IMO.

wm

Hmmm. Two disposable cell phones that need to be activated. One for son and one for dad?

You took the words right out of my mouth, or else there would have been a paper trail. I'm still thinking someone was hired and both knew what was going to go down. jmo

Found it and that is Big!

On August 25, 2011, as part of the ongoing homicide investigation, detectives from the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department and West Valley City (Utah) Police Department executed a search warrant at the Puyallup residence where Joshua and Steven Powell reside. Several computers, digital media, recordings, and photographs were seized. West Valley Police personnel reviewed videotapes and compact discs and found thousands of images of females being videotaped without their knowledge, including Susan Powell. The photographer focuses on the women’s buttocks, breasts, and genital areas. Many images were of minor females.........

http://themountainnewswa.net/

I am so happy he is in jail
I hope he has been stressed and worried since the police took his computer and is now ready to crack .
I feel bad for the women and children he violated with his camera . Scary guy .
To focus on breasts and genitals shows what he thought of women doesn't it ?

Ok now I have to go read the whole thread -maybe we will get an answer soon guys ...Im praying

Ed Troyer, spokesman for the Pierce County Sheriff's Office, said, "Through the investigation we also found hundreds and thousands of pictures of little girls and people at parks, close ups of body parts. So we have a whole bunch of victims out there who don't even know they're victims."

snip

"I didn't know he was collecting images and things like that, but I knew he had problems like that in the past. Not taking pictures of people around him, but he has collected magazines and stuff like that," she said.

Graves learned of her father's arrest during a phone call from Susan's father, Chuck Cox around 11:15 Thursday night. She said when hearing about the arrest, she both laughed and cried. She called his alleged behavior despicable. She said it leads her to believe he may have played a role in Susan's disappearance.

"It wouldn't surprise me at all if he is somehow responsible or helped things along. It wouldn't surprise me," she said.

Graves believes police made a good move by arresting her father. She said she hopes he stays in jail for a long time. She also said she's relieved to hear that her two nephews have been removed from the home.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=17363331

I just keep saying to myself, "Thousands. Thousands of pictures of women and little girls. Thousands."

This was like a career for him. The amount of time and effort and planning and stalking and hiding and covering up it must have taken for *thousands" of pictures and videos.

You know the thing is SP asked for this. He went out there and flapped his gums about Susan. Instead of keeping his counsel he got brazen and decided he was untouchable. He has had months and months to get rid of this stuff. But he felt invincible. Sickening and JP is in on it too IMO and they just need time to sort it all out and get him good. I bet he wet his pants last night.

I just had time to skim some of the posts, so may have already been mentioned...
go back and re-read the lyrics to his songs with this new knowledge.
I'm gonna be sick.

Hi Knox! Josh is unemployeed so IMO he would have to prove that he is able to provide for the children. Oooooo, those precious boys. I am praying hard for them and praying they are placed with the Cox's!

WE have some great sleuths here with much more knowledge on this subject than I. Maybe someone will chime in here....

wm

I don't have a lot of knowledge about this but, until they have incriminating evidence against the father, being unemployed would just make it easy for him to get public assistance. I would think that it would have to be proven that josh was aware of the material and of his father's crimes. Maybe there is such evidence in a lot of that material the police have, let's hope and pray.

The Cox family have shown they are not giving up on these boys and deserve a chance to be a part of their lives and let them know their mother loved them and would have never left them on purpose.

These poor boys are going to have lots of baggage for a long time. They need normalcy and love in their lives so that they can heal.

FWIW, I don't think SP was physically involved with Susan's death, I think he was the instigator of events that led up to it. And I bet he knows the when, what, where and how.

OH! I didn't know the kids were removed! :woohoo: When I went to bed last night, that hadn't been reported yet!

lol. Look at the looks on the LEOs' faces in this pic, especially the one on the left:

http://c498390.r90.cf2.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/092311_powell.jpg?8f0a21

:floorlaugh:

God bless the LEOs in this case. It must be awful having to deal with people like this.

OMG BeanE!!! You are funny!:floorlaugh:

Yes, GB LE!! Walking some ole perv/child *advertiser censored* suspect must be a mixture of disgusting yet satisfying for them

I am very pleased with the way they are so meticulously and methodically working thru all the muck in Susan's case.

Is the search resuming at Topaz and the geobeds today? anybody?

MOO

wm

You know the thing is SP asked for this. He went out there and flapped his gums about Susan. Instead of keeping his counsel he got brazen and decided he was untouchable. He has had months and months to get rid of this stuff. But he felt invincible. Sickening and JP is in on it too IMO and they just need time to sort it all out and get him good. I bet he wet his pants last night.

BBM Among other things. He is right where he belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
websleuth719