Steven Powell arrested in Washington State

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jail will be VERY scary when the other inmates find out [if they dont know already] what he is in for .
He will start talking

Hi Knox! Josh is unemployeed so IMO he would have to prove that he is able to provide for the children. Oooooo, those precious boys. I am praying hard for them and praying they are placed with the Cox's!

WE have some great sleuths here with much more knowledge on this subject than I. Maybe someone will chime in here....

wm

Susan's parents should file for emergency, temporary custody and force Josh to sit for a psychiatric evaluation. Nancy Cooper's parents did that and the depositions of the husband, Brad, were later used against him at trial for Nancy's murder.

JMO

Oh my God. :(

TysonPlastow Tyson Plastow News Producer

#findsusan Steven Powell had so many images saved on his computer and disks investigators haven't even been through all of them yet.

15 minutes ago

Put a pedophile in a room with a bunch of mothers and you don't have to worry about a jail cell. IMHO

Wait for me! I want to go to that party myself, me and my friend Louisville Slugger.

I can't even imagine what's going thru the minds of SP's neighbors. And the people in JP's old neighborhood must be cringing as well. I know if there was even the hint that my daughter was being spied on by one of my neighbors I'd be not only sick but down at the courthouse to make sure that if it was true that justice would be served.

The fact that they are saying 'homicide investigation' now speaks volumes. I was very very frustrated with LE out there, wondering why it took so long for any movement on this case - now we know. I think LE needs to be commended, they were just taking their time building the case.

You know the thing is SP asked for this. He went out there and flapped his gums about Susan. Instead of keeping his counsel he got brazen and decided he was untouchable. He has had months and months to get rid of this stuff. But he felt invincible. Sickening and JP is in on it too IMO and they just need time to sort it all out and get him good. I bet he wet his pants last night.

This is my favorite part about this horrendous story. He was the architect. Hard not to say Ha Ha. :innocent:

KSLSharaPark Shara Park
Lt. Merrit (#WVCPD) says Pierce County Sheriff's Dept mistakenly classified it as "homicide" investigation on their release. #findsusan
58 minutes ago

Several computers, digital media, recordings and photographs seized from Steve's bedroom contained "thousands of images of females being videotaped without their knowledge, including Susan Powell," according to court documents.

http://puyallup.komonews.com/news/c...charged-voyeurism-child-*advertiser censored*

This is my favorite part about this horrendous story. He was the architect. Hard not to say Ha Ha. :innocent:

I think this is the first case in a long time that has zero posters supporting the arrested creep. Even Scott Peterson had his supporters but S. Powell is way off the charts.

JMO

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-s...rested-in-washington-20110922,0,4639336.story

On September 17, Pierce County Sheriff’s detectives obtained a search warrant to further investigate the Powell residence for the possible crimes of voyeurism or child *advertiser censored*, Q13 reported. West Valley City police were in Puyallup when Steven Powell was arrested.

We didn't know about that warrant and search did we?

JP is part of this because something happened at his and susan's home the night she disapeared that made her sick, and was cause for him to be drying the carpet. Im thinking the "camping trip" was a way to meet daddy steve halfway to transfer body.

Wow. A light just went on. This is solid. This is possibly why the shallow grave in Topaz is only three feet long. It was not the first location for her remains. Steven Powell wanted the body first. MOO.

Great post.

You know the thing is SP asked for this. He went out there and flapped his gums about Susan. Instead of keeping his counsel he got brazen and decided he was untouchable. He has had months and months to get rid of this stuff. But he felt invincible. Sickening and JP is in on it too IMO and they just need time to sort it all out and get him good. I bet he wet his pants last night.

I know this guy here in WA who used to be married to my sister. He is a registered sex offender now as he was busted by ME during his marriage to my sister.

I was near him and a friend one day, and there were twin 10-year-olds in the room as well. Sex offender remarked to the friend that the 10-year-olds were really "filling out well" and other remarks that were inappropriate. I confronted my sister but she was in denial. It took a phone call to the twins' parents to make waves but it was too late. He had already molested one of the girls. You know what he said? She came onto HIM. That she was very sexual to HIM. The demeanor was identical to SP's.

He went to prison for a while ONLY for that offense. I know for a fact that he's molested and raped others, boys and girls. He supposedly went thru treatment. He supposedly is "better." My sister has divorced him and moved away but they have a child together, a 16-year-old girl, who is never to be with him alone.

I was astounded that the sex offender said such things in the presence of me and his friend. I thought surely he wanted to get caught, but really I think he thought there was nothing wrong... He felt untouchable.

Did SP make trips to SLC?

Maybe I assumed when I shouldn't have. I can't find a link, but I coulda swore SP travelled somewhere recently.

It was the latest, perhaps telling media contact for Josh Powell's dad. Over the past week, he crashed an event attended by Susan's own father, Chuck Cox, to keep word of her disappearance fresh in the public eye. Rather than offering words of support or comfort for the Cox family, Steve Powell seemed intent on discrediting Susan's upbringing. Then last Sunday, friends of Susan said she told them Steve Powell had made unwanted "advances" toward her. Steve Powell, in a recorded 2News phone interview said, "It's not true. I never made advances toward her." But Thursday, in a taped story on ABC's Good Morning America, Steve said among things that he and Susan "interacted in a lot of sexual ways."

I read that he went to ABC (but perhaps it was taped at home). And I don't know where the event was that SP crashed.

MOO

Mel

Source: http://connect2utah.com/component/zoo/?view=item&item_id=161777

KSLSharaPark Shara Park
Lt. Merrit (#WVCPD) says Pierce County Sheriff's Dept mistakenly classified it as "homicide" investigation on their release. #findsusan
58 minutes ago

Aw nuts. Wishful thinking though.

I'm really agreeing with the SP helped move the body theory. Makes sense. There's a couple other siblings at SP's house that could readily say whethere or not SP was home that night. He was controlling of his homebound kids, but with him in jail they may be willing to sing now.

I think this is the first case in a long time that has zero posters supporting the arrested creep. Even Scott Peterson had his supporters but S. Powell is way off the charts.

JMO

I enjoy and appreciate people who see these cases differently from the way I do. It makes me think and investigate more. Different isn't bad - it's just different.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-s...rested-in-washington-20110922,0,4639336.story

On September 17, Pierce County Sheriff’s detectives obtained a search warrant to further investigate the Powell residence for the possible crimes of voyeurism or child *advertiser censored*, Q13 reported. West Valley City police were in Puyallup when Steven Powell was arrested.

We didn't know about that warrant and search did we?

On September 13, 2011, West Valley City Police detectives informed the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department that while reviewing the seized photographs and video recordings they had discovered numerous images and recordings of adult and juvenile females. The images appeared to be obtained without the consent or awareness of the persons in the pictures and videos. In some of the images and videos the persons were often nude or in some state of undress. Some of the images were focused on females’ buttocks, breasts, or private areas; some were taken in public places, while others appeared to be taken of the victims in their homes without their knowledge or consent.

This was the day the shallow grave was discovered. I bet they wanted to check his yards for a grave as well. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyLoo313