Steven Powell arrested in Washington State

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chuck Cox is such a nice man.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/utes/52629435-78/powell-images-steven-susan.html.csp

"I think its a sad day for the Powell family," Chuck Cox said following the hearing.

Pierce County Prosecuting Attorney Mark Lindquist said Steven Powell filmed his daughter-in-law while she was clothed and described those images as "more in the category of creepy, not criminal."

Denise Cox (Susan's sister) said she was relieved to hear of Steven Powell’s arrest, but upset that it wasn’t connected with her sister’s disappearance. She described her as the "most moral person."

"She would talk about how she would feel uncomfortable [with Steven Powell]," she said. "He said ‘Just run away with me and we’ll take the kids.’ "

I think people on this forum have gone way too far in putting down Josh Powell as a "mouth breather" and a failure at college/real estate. He might be, but IMHO, you are also putting down Susan for marrying him. All those insults make me wonder why Susan could not marry anybody better. She must have found something attractive in Josh to marry and have two of his kids.

Ahhh yes. People change over time but in no way would I blame Susan. She understood how his sick Dad controlled Josh.

FYI I don't know if anyone else has gone through this but when I was going through my divorce and since I have wondered how in the world I could have married the man and lived with him for 11yrs, very much in love for most of them about the last.

My counselor cleared that up for me...It was no reflection on me or poor judgement on my part. He changed and his values changed. I won't go into more but in no way does it make me wonder why Susan married him.

I think that Josh was truly happy with Susan for a little while, until his Dad got his hooks in him again. He left the compound for a while and Dad probably worked overtime to get JP back under his control. I think he truly loved Susan and probably really misses her. Susan at one time brought out the best in him.

Does he have on pink undergarments and some sort of pink bow?? Or do I need a new monitor. :waitasec:

Looks like a pink rosette kind of affair :great::floorlaugh:. Is it wrong that I derive so much pleasure from seeing him jailed at last?:innocent:

Does he have on pink undergarments and some sort of pink bow?? Or do I need a new monitor. :waitasec:

I wondered the same thing! I also thought, "Oh, ok, LE is doing this on purpose!"

IMO

ETA: You know, considering the pink handcuffs and all...

I think people on this forum have gone way too far in putting down Josh Powell as a "mouth breather" and a failure at college/real estate. He might be, but IMHO, you are also putting down Susan for marrying him. All those insults make me wonder why Susan could not marry anybody better. She must have found something attractive in Josh to marry and have two of his kids.

Welcome to WS!!!

Call it frustration that Susan disappeared almost two years ago and the person responsible for her disappearance isn't in jail yet. And that the P's seem to badmouth her in the press. Especially undeservedly so since it appears she was a target for voyourism by her father-in-law. Or call it frustration that her self-described loving husband not only hasn't cooperated with LE and helped with any of the searches/publicity campaigns, he has also reportedly tried to interrupt one led by her father.

When a 'man', and I use that term loosely, packs up and moves weeks after his wife goes missing, moves to daddy's to hide behind daddy's skirts and refuses to talk to police ....He is not the man Susan married. If you read the threads back to the beginning of this case, you will see that anything that has been said about josh has been accurate or our opinion.

Susan was a saint and the fact that she put up with his carp is sad because she is now missing.

If the kids are in protective custody, to me this means: they could have been in the photo files or Josh will be charged with something soon and LE are afraid he will likely run with the kids or try to harm them. JMO

Still reading and I see many people are on the possibility that this creeper could be involved and Josh is helping to cover up (or vice versa).

Why would the Coxes need to post a $5,000 bond to keep Josh from publishing Susan's teenage dairies? I'm so confused!

I didn't read where this was reported, but I can guess. When you go to court and ask for injunctive relief (an injunction stopping someone from doing something), courts often require you to "post a bond" securing the rights of the defendant, in case it later turns out you were wrong (this usually applies for preliminary injunctions). It's a different kind of "bond" from a bail bond.

Welcome to WS!!!

Call it frustration that Susan disappeared almost two years ago and the person responsible for her disappearance isn't in jail yet. And that the P's seem to badmouth her in the press. Especially undeservedly so since it appears she was a target for voyourism by her father-in-law. Or call it frustration that her self-described loving husband not only hasn't cooperated with LE and helped with any of the searches/publicity campaigns, he has also reportedly tried to interrupt one led by her father.

Thanks for the welcome!

There are pictures of him leaving the courthouse today on the custody hearing at the link below. He looks pretty bad,IMO.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...f-Susan-Powell-also-files-for-custody-of.html

I don't think he will off himself (too narcissistic), but I'm wondering how far he will go to get his boys back. I honestly believe Susan is dead because he knew she had information that could cause him to have limited visitation with "his boys". I further believe that SP convinced him that he had to do everything in his power to make sure that didn't happen and that "working on the marriage" and showing Susan that he was making an effort to be a good husband was all part of a fascade to make her an unsuspecting victim. JMO

The picture of the Coxes walking hand in hand made me cry; happy tears.

So far today we have seen LE publicly declare this case a homicide investigation, there is another Person of Interest, and that <modsnip> said to the Cox's, while pointing at the chest of a woman in a picture in a magazine, "mommy ouchee".

He's headed back to jail per a news tweet I just saw.

Does anyone think he'll get bail? He'll need to come up with 20K right? I wonder if he can take a loan out on his home. I doubt JP has that kind of dosh. On another note, I can't think of one person on this planet who would come to his rescue.

Thanks!

Mel

So far today we have seen LE publicly declare this case a homicide investigation, there is another Person of Interest, and that <modsnip> said to the Cox's, while pointing at the chest of a woman in a picture in a magazine, "mommy ouchee".

they actually said "persons"

He declined to say whom the other persons of interest might be or what their relationship is to Susan Powell - just that they have never been just that they have never been identified publicly.

Interesting developments to say the least- but this case is moving at last and today it seems to be barreling down hill.

It is also possible LE will reveal what was found during the Topaz Mt search on Monday.

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
If he makes bail, Steven Powell ordered to stay at his home and limit travel to Seattle area. @fox13now #findsusan #SusanPowell #Utah
11 minutes ago

I do not feel good about the possibility of his being out and allowed to possibly "haunt" or... etc the Cox's.

ElizabethNeff Elizabeth Neff
Bail for #StevePowell set at $200,000. Prosecutor: photos of #SusanPowell creepy, not criminal. #FindSusan tinyurl.com/4ywqq9p
5 minutes ago Favorite Undo Retweet Reply

ElizabethNeff Elizabeth Neff
12 day search for #SusanPowell has ended at Topaz Mountain #Utah. #FindSusan
1 hour ago

WTH is this suppose to mean...voyeurism is a CRIME?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadiew85