Stranger abduction theory

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I probably wouldn't, except that I can never get the Groene case out of my mind. The perp had traveled across several states looking for children to abduct, rape, and kill, and ended up in Idaho, in a remote area, at a remote house. Surveyed the house and the children playing in the yard beforehand. Planned it out.

Granted, Duncan is the exception - by far - but I will never get that out of my mind.

Statistically, Terri specifically is the most likely perp in this case. For ranking the order of most likely to least likely, I just don't know right now which spot to put stranger and non-stranger in. I seem to have a lot of perp-types in my second most likely spot. :(

I am always aware of Joseph Duncan too. No matter that stats and probabliities tell me otherwise. Duncan is the most lethal of pedophiles. The random stranger,who tortures and kills children for pleasure.Captain Jason Gates is mindful of this possibly being a stranger abduction, and that tells me a lot...

All JMO

"I can't rule out stranger abduction. I just can't." Probably the most haunting line I've read regarding this case.

"I can't rule out stranger abduction. I just can't." Probably the most haunting line I've read regarding this case.

Do you have that link, Debs? I can't remember who said it and when. Please help.

GRACE: OK, to James Pitkin, reporter with "The Willamette Week" newspaper. He`s joining us there at the school. James, what can you tell us?

JAMES PITKIN, "WILLAMETTE WEEK": Well, today we had some new developments. There was the reports of the mysterious 911 call. We also have reports that the FBI is searching sex offenders in the area. There are 143 in this vicinity, and so they have a lot of work cut out for them.

GRACE: Could you repeat? Did you say 143 registered sex offenders there in the area?

PITKIN: In the Portland area, that`s correct, Nancy.

GRACE: Now, those are just the registered sex offenders, right? That doesn`t even include people that have been accused of sex offenses.

PITKIN: Correct. These are people who have been sentenced to sex crimes, and they`re required to register with the state.
http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/30/ng.01.html

GRACE: OK, to James Pitkin, reporter with "The Willamette Week" newspaper. He`s joining us there at the school. James, what can you tell us?

JAMES PITKIN, "WILLAMETTE WEEK": Well, today we had some new developments. There was the reports of the mysterious 911 call. We also have reports that the FBI is searching sex offenders in the area. There are 143 in this vicinity, and so they have a lot of work cut out for them.

GRACE: Could you repeat? Did you say 143 registered sex offenders there in the area?

PITKIN: In the Portland area, that`s correct, Nancy.

GRACE: Now, those are just the registered sex offenders, right? That doesn`t even include people that have been accused of sex offenses.

PITKIN: Correct. These are people who have been sentenced to sex crimes, and they`re required to register with the state.

Thanks, I'd never seen this report!

Very interesting Kat010 - Not sure there was networking (seems networking occurs with child *advertiser censored* and sex trade and not one-on-one pedohilia) but maybe Kyron was targeted because it would be an easy set-up of Terri or even Kaine, by a predator who was aware of the sexual abuse, upcoming jail sentence, and marital strife in the Horman family.

Always seemed too convenient for Kyron to go missing and the abuse/jail term made public. Predators use whatever they can. moo mho

With regard to networking and one on one pedophilia :

Following is from a paper presented by Dr. Nancy Faulkner at the D of J Internet Online Summit, Focus on Children . The researcher found web sites on which pedophiles :

Openy discuss their sexual desires.

Offer one another mutual support of their adult to child sex philosophies.

Share ideas about ways to lure victims.

Share means to indentify and track down home contact information about a child that interests them.

Pedophiles produce how to manuals for other pedophiles. One online manual even discussed the best and quickest way to get a victim into a vehicle.

These websites were seemingly used by individual pedophiles, not specifically known to each other....

What I love : the FBI Card unit " tags " each website as it comes online. Our tax dollars put to good use,IMO Thus they can track users. Problem is LE is often playing catchup...

All JMO

Is it considered a stranger abduction if the perp knows a parent but the chid does not know the perp?

Oh my, this is from June 30, I hope that wasn't the first time they decided to search RSO's.

"I can't say for certainty that it wasn't stranger-to-stranger, I can't." Captain Gates

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/friend_says_terry_moulton_horm.html

Paraphrased in the above post, but I don't believe the essence was lost.

Thanks Deb.

Gates also says this on that day:

Capt. Jason Gates would not say whether Terri Moulton Horman is a suspect in the second-grader's June 4 disappearance from Skyline School. Terri is the last known person to have seen Kyron before he disappeared," Gates said."

and this is the FULL quote.:

"Gates repeatedly said he could not comment on suspects or persons of interest in the case. In response to a question about the possible danger to the community, he said: "I can't say for certainty that it wasn't stranger-to-stranger, I can't. But I also can tell you that the need for the public to be alarmed is very low."

More here:

"The form asks whether Horman or the family's white Ford F250 pickup were seen at the school and when. There are also questions about Kyron: If he was seen at Skyline, when and if he was with anyone else.

Although investigators have already interviewed teachers, staff, students and parents -- in some cases, two or three times -- Gates said they want to be thorough.

"We can assure you that our primary goal is not to make any mistakes in this case -- to be as perfect as we can in investigating this case."

Terri is not a stranger, and strangers haven't been ruled out. So far, though stranger abduction seems pretty low and less likely than Terri, it is still an option. Even if it was way back in June. I have seen nothing from LE which has removed that possibility in the ensuing months.

"But I also can tell you that the need for the public to be alarmed is very low."

It was the second time I can recall a child ever went missing from a Portland school. Indeed Gates is correct it is an isolated incident. Despite that, Portland schools updated their security measures including new guidelines for visitors and Skyline Elementary installed cameras. This tells me although it is a rare occurrence, it is one that was viewed with all seriousness.

I see no reason why this could not have been a stranger abduction. LE can't even rule it out.

There was an interesting interview on our local radio station this morning with a man who researched and wrote a book about a kidnapping for ransom back in the 1950s. The boy was taken from his school and the teachers in charge let him leave with the abductors, who had lied about who they were, of course. During the interview, the author mentioned that his source documents included a memoir of a woman who was a classmate of the little boy. In the memoir, she provided details of the teachers' actions that were never published or reported in MSM. The author made a quick comment about how he felt the reporters must have known these details at the time, but were protecting the reputations of the teachers.

I couldn't help but think of Kyron and TP's comments. I'm not quick to dismiss anything a child says. As far as TP's comments, I did not sense that he or his grandmother were trying to get attention or insert themselves into the case. I sensed a frustrated child who felt he had important information about his missing friend and that the adults in charge weren't listening to him. I don't know how TP could feel "listened to" given that the school spokesman was trying to discredit his statements on points of semantics.

I think it would have been very easy for a non-family member to take Kyron (or any child, for that matter) that morning and that the school staff was not on the ball in keeping track of the kids.

I think LE could have a pretty good clue about whether or not this case is connected depending on whose personal information he stole. If it was someone looking for small boys' files it might be more likely to be connected than if he took the addresses of some elderly people he could go rob or an ex-girlfriend's photo album or something.

It appears random. Maybe a meth head taking whatever he could.

But it did happen approx. two weeks before Kyron disappeared and the LCC appears to have ties with Skyline Elementary. The report says the man took personal information. That could be ID tags. If the LCC has an office (or children's program) at Skyline then a stranger with an LCC ID card could walk through the school science fair with little or no suspicion. If he were stopped and asked, he'd have his ID tag as an excuse for being there.

"he was seen with a man ‘chaperone’ and 2 girls after I left. There were no men on the chaperone list."
–Terri Horman, email to friend–​

"I'm going to see this cool one. It's electric."
–TP, last time he saw Kryon–​

Hey, Lemmy. Thanks for the information about the break-in. That's very interesting.

Just a reminder: You have to use initials for minor's names on WS. You can edit your post to change the little boy's name to TP.:)

Hey, Lemmy. Thanks for the information about the break-in. That's very interesting.

Just a reminder: You have to use initials for minor's names on WS. You can edit your post to change the little boy's name to TP.:)

Thanks. Newbie mistake.

Right, but that was back on June 18th, but I wonder if he would say that now?

Dee10,
It's very telling that, after all this time, Jason Gates has never changed that statement... IMO, it is because of the staistics. He really does know that he can't rule it out... IMO MOO

All JMO

I don't believe he will change that statement until there is an arrest (of course there would be no need to then lol), but otherwise he would be admitting they know who did it and have a suspect or person of interest. I just don't think we will learn much in that regard until there is an arrest, even if he's opinion has changed since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ateen