Subpoena for Store Videos Filed 12-08-2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am sure Caylee if she was alive would not be in Orlando for the last 6 months, just hanging out at malls and various stores for all to see and only one person saw her and took a pic of her but did not alert anyone else at the time or get a description of who she was with. Give me a break!

didn't ca state that since things have "calmed" down---they are just being open with the Caylee sightings...something like that---its so hard to remember quotes...I can talk anthonize like the rest but sometimes to much to input....

jmo

All Cindy is looking for is a child that resembles Caylee just a tad, preferrably a bit blurry video, and parents that don't watch news on the case.

She just needs any kid to 'use' to say "that MIGHT be her" - to spin her own reasonable doubt case.

Further, the more she keeps it all to herself, the more it's not a fact. She doesn't have to show anyone proof and will use Casey's "I can't say cuz it'll drive her further away" tact. Likely looking for a good backup to "mall girl".

I'm still confused as to how JB can ask for anything for the Parents? I think some lines are getting very blurry!

I'm with you on this - JB does not represent the family, he represents Casey UNLESS a new attorney has taken over the Casey side and JB will take over the parents side?

Has there been any kind of announcement???

It's a conflict of interest - I figured JB's knuckles were getting sore from the judge slapping them so much - I guess not

:waitasec:the only problem I have with this is? I checked the dockets for the Orange County courts....the case is not listed in JB's current case filings? I checked under GA, CA and KC's names for current filings or cases and found none for today? :waitasec:

:waitasec:the only problem I have with this is? I checked the dockets for the Orange County courts....the case is not listed in JB's current case filings? I checked under GA, CA and KC's names for current filings or cases and found none for today? :waitasec:

Yeah,

I checked too and to add to that, Judge Strickland is doing arraignments today.

None of the other news websites have anything on it, which is also odd.

I did not read this as Baez making this request on behalf of the parents. He is simply requesting the store videos so he and KC, GA, CA and maybe LA can look at them and determine if Caylee is shown in any of them. There is no conflict of interest here.

Apparently the store does not want to cooperate without being ordered to do so by a court. No doubt corporate counsel made this decision and I will be shocked if Baez' request is not granted.

I did not read this as Baez making this request on behalf of the parents. He is simply requesting the store videos so he and KC, GA, CA and maybe LA can look at them and determine if Caylee is shown in any of them. There is no conflict of interest here.

Apparently the store does not want to cooperate without being ordered to do so by a court. No doubt corporate counsel made this decision and I will be shocked if Baez' request is not granted.

Why would it be? Granted I mean? And is this a civil request or a criminal request?

This is where I am confused...why would the store be compelled to produce the tape?

Why would it be? Granted I mean? And is this a civil request or a criminal request?

This is where I am confused...why would the store be compelled to produce the tape?

Ditto that. I mean where does this end???? With "them" requesting to see everyones' everything because they "claim" Caylee is sighted or something??

There's supposed to be a hearing today. Baez is asking for a subpoena for store videos for George and Cindy to look at. Stores are where there have been 'sightings' of Caylee.

Does anyone know how I'd go about searching to find exactly when this is scheduled?

TIA

P.S. If this is for George/Cindy, why is Baez (Casey's attorney) filing for it?

Caylee's Grandparents Hope Subpoena Will Aid In Search
http://www.local6.com/news/18226693/detail.html

The attorney for Casey Anthony, who remains jailed on murder charges in the disappearance of her 3-year-old daughter, Caylee, is seeking a subpoena to obtain surveillance video from area businesses involved in possible Caylee sightings.

PUHLEEZE - does the man know ANYTHING? You just fill out a form and have a judge sign it. It only requires a hearing if there is an objection by the opposing side. Just like Baez doesn't have to ask permission to depose witnesses, he doesn't need permission to subpoena evidence. Just a ploy for more media hype imo.

Friend divorced two husbands with no attorney and she just got the form and filled it out. IT's not THAT complicated.

Am I missing the part in the article that says there's a hearing today? I see that Baez filed a motion today.

This rethinks my belief of a plea being underway...if hes still looking at tapes for Caylee...someone on that side isnt buying the plea.

If I had to guess, its the parents....she KNOWS shes dead...JB knows because she told him, so maybe the parents want to be absolutely sure....

I dunno. That info really threw me for a loop. I honestly thought they were done playing games. Especially in light of how quiet the A camp has been..and the Thurs pretrial.

If Caylee is indeed in those videos, Casey still has a huge problem. It's called NEGLECT - she isn't paying any attention to her chikld or where said child is. I have seeen parents lose custory of their children for a lot less than that. OF course, there will be no Caylee in the video, but there are millions of brown-haired little girls who are 3 running around and I'm sure there's a good chance that ther might be one in that store

Am I missing the part in the article that says there's a hearing today? I see that Baez filed a motion today.
I find no evidence of a hearing, I'll change the title of this thread to reflect
"Subpoena for Store Videos Filed 12-08-2008"

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a highly questionable method of Baez to go about saying that someone who is dead has been sighted. I can't even think of a case where the suspect's defense insists that the victim is still alive. They are definately doing this to sway the jury. All you need is one person on the jury who believes that there is a possibility that Caylee is alive by all of these so-called sightings. Baez knows that without the body he can play this card. I predict that they will continue to have these sightings until the end of trial. There are alot of weak minded individuals out there who could fall for this strategy. I wish the judge did grant the gag order. This is probably the reason why the state was pushing for it.

Do they honestly think, if a kidnapper had Caylee, they would be flitting around Orlando shopping? Good grief.

Caylee sure gets around! She's been in NC, TN, GA, CA, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Texas, and of course right at the Fl mall in Orlando!!! The kid must have some serious frequent flier miles!

Poor thing - even her memory can't rest with her grandparents!

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is a highly questionable method of Baez to go about saying that someone who is dead has been sighted. I can't even think of a case where the suspect's defense insists that the victim is still alive. They are definately doing this to sway the jury. All you need is one person on the jury who believes that there is a possibility that Caylee is alive by all of these so-called sightings. Baez knows that without the body he can play this card. I predict that they will continue to have these sightings until the end of trial. There are alot of weak minded individuals out there who could fall for this strategy. I wish the judge did grant the gag order. This is probably the reason why the state was pushing for it.

The Stacy and Drew P case.

Ditto that. I mean where does this end???? With "them" requesting to see everyones' everything because they "claim" Caylee is sighted or something??

If the defense can come up with legitimate sightings of Caylee they would have every right to subpoena videos. The good thing is the videos will either prove or disprove their claims that Caylee is in any of these malls, stores, etc. Of course, they will have to admit it is not Caylee in the videos. This is nothing more than their attempt to prove to everyone they are "looking" for a live Caylee. If you tell people the same thing enough times and long enough they might just believe you.

Oh please....George, Cindy, stay in Florida. We really don't need your drama here in California.:bang:

Thought they didn't "like" Baez!??? Did they hire him too?? This is a ridiculous request anyway!! What are they going to look at all the stores videos and all stores in the area?? Caylee is DEAD!! DEAD people DON'T go shopping!!!!! ARghhh!!!!!!
I'm real curious as to HOW Caylee was supposedly taken. We all know there wasn't a nanny, including the As. So have they asked their daughter who abducted her REALLY and WHY? They're looking for a "live" Caylee will have as much success as looking for poor deceased Caylee...like a needle in a haystack. THEIR daughter has given them NO information that I know of, otherwise, why wouldn't they have forwarded it to LE? Them trapsing all over the US is their attempt to bolster Casey's innocence IMO. I'm sick of it! No one's buying it.

Reading posts after mine this morning, I am thinking more and more that this is a reasonable doubt tactic by JB.

As far as the A team saying they have a lead in CA and it just so happens to be where LKL is...BALONEY. What if the lead came in from Walla Walla Washington? Would the A team go there, and have LKL show up? This is a double hitter. Claim a tip and take a trip.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi
Back