Sunday 6/2/13 on True Crime Radio - Elaine Redwine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is so convenient that all of Dylan's stuffed vanished with him. I personally can not see Dylan setting out on foot with all his belongings on him as there was absolutely no need for Dylan to do that :cow:

So then the questions becomes why on earth would any kidnapper worth there salt kidnapper Dylan and then go back to his home and pick up all his belongings and what would also be the point behind this ?!

:cow:

I found it interesting that Mark was so upset that Elaine would do searches without first telling him when and where she was organizing them. Maybe, if she is suspicious of him, she does not want him to know all of those details.

I thought about that while trying to sleep last night. At that time, LE probably didn't have proof Dylan was there &/or if they used maybe the sweat pants or a pillow, there could have been mixed scents. So perhaps after Elaine had clothes brought down, they were able to confirm Dylan's scent or perhaps Mark is assuming it is Dylan's? I am believing Mark on this because it doesn't look favorable to him as if the dogs are correct Dylan left the property in a vehicle.

Fifty feet. To me, it doesn't look like the distance from the door of MR's house to where he parks his vehicles is more than 20 feet. The fifty feet that the scent was detected...was it in a straight line? 20 feet in one direction and then 30 in another? Ending on the road? Ending on the side of the road? So many questions.

I found it interesting that Mark was so upset that Elaine would do searches without first telling him when and where she was organizing them. Maybe, if she is suspicious of him, she does not want him to know all of those details.

Maybe he wants to participate with his community.

It is so convenient that all of Dylan's stuffed vanished with him. I personally can not see Dylan setting out on foot with all his belongings on him as there was absolutely no need for Dylan to do that :cow:

So then the questions becomes why on earth would any kidnapper worth there salt kidnapper Dylan and then go back to his home and pick up all his belongings and what would also be the point behind this ?!

Dylan may have never unpacked his backpack. I can absolutely see that. Kids these days tend to carry a backpack, so if he set out on foot to hitch a ride to his friend's house, I can see him grabbing the backpack that was never unpacked.

Just finished re-listening to the show. One thing that really stood out to me listening to Mark talk about the heavy arguing with LE about the texting. LE saying around 8:30 on the phone & Mark saying it was much later. It turned out Mark was right and the text was proven to have come from the iPhone. My point is it is obvious to me in listening to Mark's description of the interrogation regarding the texts he was being treated as a suspect or at the very least POI (at least at that time) even though they didn't name or call him one publicly. This was around 2:00 in the show.

How does a week's worth of clothing fit in a backpack? I can only assume (since it was never released exactly what clothing he packed) that he had very few pieces of clothing. His father had a washer and dryer, so that isn't a criticism. I know my kids don't unpack completely and Dylan does not look like a neat-nik (based on photos of his room in MSM). My guess is that he never unpacked at all and if he wanted to go somewhere, the easiest thing is to grab his pack and go.

..wander over to the river across the street
..wander up to the end of the road in the campgrounds which even brings you closer to the river
..or he's been known to climb the rock wall that sits behind my house

I'm guessing LE already knows this, but I would be looking at this "river" . This would flow into the reservoir no?

I was glad to hear MR reached out to Mark Klaas. It's about time someone did something like that.

Maybe he wants to participate with his community.

BBM

I think that's possible, and I honestly admire that.

I also think that many of the earlier searches, dinners, fund raisers, vigils, etc., which he did not attend (other than one), or arrived at late, were heavily promoted. Heck, if I knew about them well in advance, from thousands of miles away, then surely he did.

I think his new found interest is great, so I don't want to criticize it. I genuinely hope he does get out there.

IMO

Thank you.

Fifty feet. To me, it doesn't look like the distance from the door of MR's house to where he parks his vehicles is more than 20 feet. The fifty feet that the scent was detected...was it in a straight line? 20 feet in one direction and then 30 in another? Ending on the road? Ending on the side of the road? So many questions.

I agree, many questions but no matter what he must have left (somehow) in a vehicle once again, if the dogs were correct as the trail ends.

..wander over to the river across the street
..wander up to the end of the road in the campgrounds which even brings you closer to the river
..or he's been known to climb the rock wall that sits behind my house

I'm guessing LE already knows this, but I would be looking at this "river" . This would flow into the reservoir no?

My bolds didn't work....but I find it strange to say "which even brings you closer to the river"

MARC KLAAS, KLAAS KIDS FOUNDATION: Well, I think that Mr. Redwine has to put aside any differences that he has and absolutely cooperate, first of all, with his ex-wife. Parents who are in this situation come together all the time to look for their missing kid, cooperate with law enforcement, and explain how he can have a child who just got there and not have any contact with him for almost an entire day.

Sounds like Marc Klaas has some skepticism.

Dylan may have never unpacked his backpack. I can absolutely see that. Kids these days tend to carry a backpack, so if he set out on foot to hitch a ride to his friend's house, I can see him grabbing the backpack that was never unpacked.

I guess we are all different as me and my friends never wanted to carry anything extra . It was bad enough during school term with all our books and breaking our back.

I know nobody in my group of friends who would carry around clothes they did not need for the day as it would be a pain and restricting :cow:

How does a week's worth of clothing fit in a backpack? I can only assume (since it was never released exactly what clothing he packed) that he had very few pieces of clothing. His father had a washer and dryer, so that isn't a criticism. I know my kids don't unpack completely and Dylan does not look like a neat-nik (based on photos of his room in MSM). My guess is that he never unpacked at all and if he wanted to go somewhere, the easiest thing is to grab his pack and go.

no idea and i am a girl so i know boys can wear the same outfit for days and are quite disgusting when they are teenage boys.

Out to Marc Klaas. Marc, weigh in.

MARC KLAAS, KLAAS KIDS FOUNDATION (via telephone): Well, first of all, Nancy, people are pointing a lot of fingers at the father because he was the last person to see Dylan alive, also because law enforcement is not treating this like a runaway, by any means, not if they`re taking cadaver dogs into lakes, not if they`re running multi-jurisdictional searches.

And also, the father is being very mean towards the mother and the brother. He`s not contacting them. He`s not providing any information to them. He`s a reluctant witness, as far as the media goes.

So I can understand why people would point fingers at this guy. And I think that he has to be a lot more forthcoming if we`re going to have a chance of finding Dylan.

I don`t believe this little boy ran away. His cell phone, apparently, was turned off immediately, which was out of character. So nothing is adding up in this case.
GRACE: Out to Marc Klaas, president and founder of KlaasKids.

Marc, when you mentioned that the dad was being, quote, "mean," and kind of hoarding information from the mom about this little boy`s disappearance, what did you mean?

KLAAS: Well, Nancy, she told ABC News that she was having a difficult time getting in touch with her ex-husband about their son. She said, he hasn`t had any contact with us. My older son tried to get ahold of him by texting him and he wouldn`t respond.

I just find it odd that at a time like this he would be so evasive. I think that`s -- I think that`s cruel. When your child is missing, I think that that`s absolutely cruel to withhold information from the child`s other parent.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/28/ng.01.html

I guess we are all different as me and my friends never wanted to carry anything extra . It was bad enough during school term with all our books and breaking our back.

I know nobody in my group of friends who would carry around clothes they did not need for the day as it would be a pain and restricting :cow:

If he thought he was going to be spending the night with his friends, he very well may have carried all his things. IMO

Out to Marc Klaas. Marc, weigh in.

MARC KLAAS, KLAAS KIDS FOUNDATION (via telephone): Well, first of all, Nancy, people are pointing a lot of fingers at the father because he was the last person to see Dylan alive, also because law enforcement is not treating this like a runaway, by any means, not if they`re taking cadaver dogs into lakes, not if they`re running multi-jurisdictional searches.

And also, the father is being very mean towards the mother and the brother. He`s not contacting them. He`s not providing any information to them. He`s a reluctant witness, as far as the media goes.

So I can understand why people would point fingers at this guy. And I think that he has to be a lot more forthcoming if we`re going to have a chance of finding Dylan.

I don`t believe this little boy ran away. His cell phone, apparently, was turned off immediately, which was out of character. So nothing is adding up in this case.
GRACE: Out to Marc Klaas, president and founder of KlaasKids.

Marc, when you mentioned that the dad was being, quote, "mean," and kind of hoarding information from the mom about this little boy`s disappearance, what did you mean?

KLAAS: Well, Nancy, she told ABC News that she was having a difficult time getting in touch with her ex-husband about their son. She said, he hasn`t had any contact with us. My older son tried to get ahold of him by texting him and he wouldn`t respond.

I just find it odd that at a time like this he would be so evasive. I think that`s -- I think that`s cruel. When your child is missing, I think that that`s absolutely cruel to withhold information from the child`s other parent.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/28/ng.01.html

Do you think MK wouldn't assist MR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members