Sunday, 6/9/2013 Radio Show

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mark did fail the 1st poly...even if they only got to ask him 2 or 3 questions about Dylan.

I also think he knew that if he took the poly on Dr. Phil that would be 2 strikes against him.

JMO

I do not have any questions for Elaine. She was not the last person to be with Dylan and the same cannot be said about MR.

BBM
Jumping off your post: ER's name is not listed on this March 2013 statement or any previous statements for that matter about her interactions/activities.

From the March 19, 2013 Sheriff's Office Press Release

Mark’s and Dylan’s interactions and activities within the community on November 18th and 19th, as well as tips related to persons, locations and sightings remain under investigation.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9070775&postcount=106"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines*[/ame]

That's an interesting idea. I can't remember if Elaine said she follows here, but I do recall Mark saying he does. So maybe Mark should take the lead and join up. :)

That may be a good idea but I'm taking a permanent vacation if he does because transcribing him is like sticking needles in my eyes! LOL

On a scale of 1 to 10 for ease of transcribing him (10 being the worst possible score) - he's definitely ranked at 7,459,389,430,890,877!!!!!!!!

:banghead: :floorlaugh:

I didn't think that Hailey was ever going to be found. And that was important that she was finally, recovered. So maybe Dylan will come home some day soon too.

O/T (sort of) Do you know if Billie or Shawn ever said they didn't think Hailey would be found anywhere near their home?

O/T (sort of) Do you know if Billie or Shawn ever said they didn't think Hailey would be found anywhere near their home?

Shawn said she would be found in Scurry county during his Poly interview, and she was.

That may be a good idea but I'm taking a permanent vacation if he does because transcribing him is like sticking needles in my eyes! LOL

On a scale of 1 to 10 for ease of transcribing him (10 being the worst possible score) - he's definitely ranked at 7,459,389,430,890,877!!!!!!!!

:banghead: :floorlaugh:

I know exactly how you feel. I tried to transcribe last weeks interview, and what a mess. he is so hard to keep up with. So many extra words, needless words, sudden switches. It took him a full paragraph to say one tiny thing. JMO

I know exactly how you feel. I tried to transcribe last weeks interview, and what a mess. he is so hard to keep up with. So many extra words, needless words, sudden switches. It took him a full paragraph to say one tiny thing. JMO

I was thinking it would be interesting to take each paragraph and then sum up in a few words what it said.

w o r d

s a l a d

;)

If the guy comes on the show, he is guilty.

If the guy doesn't come on the show, he is guilty.

It's really kind of humorous. Confirmation something or other.

When I try and think of WHY MR seems so shady to me, I think of Clint Dunn, and the differences in their behaviors. Clint had a lot of issues, like drug arrests and such, so he could have been a very suspicious character. And he didnt always sound too smart when he was interviewed, so he could have been the prime suspect.

But what did Clint do when his girl went missing? Did he point fingers at everyone else, and bash LE and their lack of effort or the likes. NO, he strenuously and with GREAT EFFORT began searching, often on his own, following up leads, talking to everyone, and traveling hundreds of miles in each direction, LOOKING FOR HIS BABY GIRL.

I never saw him sitting back and spouting off long torturous word salad interviews, trying to make himself look better, or trying to be seen as the victim. And when he did talk about her being missing, he sometimes got so emotional that he had to stop and compose himself. But he would compose himself, and then he would go on and talk about his daughter and where to look next.

That is who I compare Mark to, when I try and decide if he seems like an innocent father who just wants his son found. And he comes up lacking.

One thing that seemed extremely obvious to me when listening to Tricia's new interview is that <modsnip> - there were a LOT of slurred words. I say this not to bash Mark, but because I think it's important to keep in mind when trying to micro-analyze what he said. I definitely think <modsnip> the excessive, even for him, circular reasoning and conflicting statements he made in last night's interview.

I don't know if alcohol figures if Dylan's disappearance but it does seem that Mark has a real issue with it and, if Mark is innocent, it likely factors into his seeming inability to do much of anything to help the search for Dylan.

I"m guessing you are correct, sounds reasonable to me IMO

Just for instance - in response to Tricia's first question about what questions Elaine asked that she didn't feel he answered:
perhaps the answer can be narrowed down to the portion BBM

44:22
MR:
Well&#8230;I don&#8217;t know specifically what she is referring to. I can tell you that part of &#8230;um&#8230;and it&#8217;s not really mediation. It&#8217;s more of a conflict resolution and people are taking more of a facilitator role in that but one of the things that was brought up and I think was valuable and it&#8217;s not something that I don&#8217;t know&#8230; it&#8217;s not&#8230; it&#8217;s just something I don&#8217;t know how to do very well probably is to ask better questions and&#8230;and&#8230;get more understanding. If&#8230;if I&#8217;m not getting an answer that I understand, it&#8217;s import to clarify that, and, you know, I would think that the same thing would be true for my former wife,

TG:
Mmm hmm.

MR:
&#8230;that if she got an answer from me that was unclear that we would want to make that more specific or&#8230;or&#8230;you know, ask it in a way where, you know, we&#8217;re getting the answer that we&#8217;re looking for from her. So, to get&#8230; with you&#8230;I don&#8217;t know what she&#8217;s referring to necessarily, but you know there was a lot of things (unintelligible few words)

A xanax could do that for you(not saying he is taking one at the time but to consider that he could to calm his nerves) but I don't think you can take something like that before a poly.

What is the purpose of taking xanax, meaning why would it be prescribed? Not sure about the combination of mixing things. I'm just catching up, so admittedly this may have been addressed further on, but want to ask.

Section three is up/available in Media/Timeline. Taking a break from the remainder. If not later tonight, probably tomorrow. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :-)

The examiner would have failed to explain how the test works. Like I said, a poor examiner.

LPSO explained that their examiner was qualified, IMO with all the associations within the world of polygraphs, APA, CAPA, etc, I highly doubt that they used an unskilled examiner. It's actually an insult IMO to the LPSO.

Section three is up/available in Media/Timeline. Taking a break from the remainder. If not later tonight, probably tomorrow. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :-)

I hear ya.

But one thing I learned from trying to transcribe MR, was that he was just talking nonsense much of the time. He was just filling up time, imo. He would get a question, then talk in circles and waste as much time as possible. Tricia usually had to find a split second of space to try and get the next question in.

ETA: And the reason that bothers me is there is no sense of urgency. He just sits back and wastes time, purposely. Wouldn't he want to use this valuable time productively to help us all find his son?

What is the purpose of taking xanax, meaning why would it be prescribed? Not sure about the combination of mixing things. I'm just catching up, so admittedly this may have been addressed further on, but want to ask.

It is a medication prescribed to someone who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, or as a doctor sees fit. If a person is going through a stressful time, it may be prescribed. A family member was recently prescribed it after the death of her husband. The general premise is it "calms your nerves."

In case you need a link for that:

http://www.rxlist.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=94661

Wow... too much to catch up on, especially since I haven't had a chance to listen to the show yet - although it's downloaded and I'm waiting till my girls are all sleeping before listening to it.

Have there been any major developments that MR talked about in the interview with Tricia yesterday? Any major shifts in opinions after this interview from anyone here on the thread, or is everyone still comfy where they've been opinion-wise up until now?
Anyone falling off their fences at all? :fence:

(Sorry I don't really have much to add right now. I'm frustrated because I want to hear the interview, and can't find my headphones... my daughters hate hearing MR talk, and hearing Dylan is still gone does make them sad, so I'm patiently waiting for their movie to be over right now. :waiting: )

I think I'll listen to the show before trying to engage in discussion on the thread, or even reading other's thoughts - just so I don't have a harder time listening to what MR said without looking or listening for things others have pointed out already here...

LPSO explained that their examiner was qualified, IMO with all the associations within the world of polygraphs, APA, CAPA, etc, I highly doubt that they used an unskilled examiner. It's actually an insult IMO to the LPSO.

Apparently you missed the context of this conversation. It wasn't about Mark and LPCSO at all. It was about an example someone put forth. But thanks for sharing.

Then what is the point of a preliminary poly to determine if a person can be tested? It's to determine if the person issuing the exam can determine the person's baseline. If there was equal reaction during a prelim test for questions that were truthful as well as the questions the person was instructed to lie on, then a baseline can not be established at all, thus making the person a bad candidate to take a poly, as the results would probably be unreadable. As I said, I could see LE telling him he is taking a poly, they go through the prelim questions, determine he isn't a good candidate, yet telling him he failed the test, even though technically he wasn't given the actual test to begin with.

Incorrect. LE would NOT tell a person that they failed the poly if in fact they could not determine a baseline. Read the guidelines on polys which is available on the site for American Polygraph Association, they would have told him that he was disqualified. Disqualified is way different than failed. They would never say that a person that wasn't examined failed the poly. It's not a big conspiracy theory here, you take the test or you don't. If you take the test, you either pass or fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seasonofthewolf