Support Thread: Gerus and Bones (K9's)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I grew up with German Shepheards so I was sitting here feeling sorry for the dogs at the hearing. We taught our dogs how to climb a big sliding board and go down. They are the smartest most loyal dogs in the world. Good job Gerus and Bones!

Our SD is a chocolate lab,but 4Paws for Ability uses a lot of GSD's. In our training class I became very close to a family who received an awesome GSD. Unfortunately he died suddenly last month,of a heart attack.He was only 3.In the middle of playing he just fell. I can't help thinking of him when I see all these pics. You can not underestimate how close handler's become to their working dogs .

I think a lot of us had the same reaction while listening to testimony yesterday.
Gerus and Bones are better qualified than JB ! Gotta luv it!

he's a BEAST too! gahhh he's so cute ♥

i still can't get over the DT putting this guy on the stand and just making a total @ss out of what he does.
here, this guy takes in these puppies... makes them a part of his family.. trains them to do amazing things.. and baez just totally down plays it and shoots it down in 10 seconds.
it takes a special person to do what they are doing.. and what's sad. well, maybe not... i'm glad they are.. but they are more of a voice for caylee than her own flesh and blood.

ETA: under missjames- i thought i saw his mouth quiver a bit while talking about the dogs he used to have/train... almost like when one talks about a loved on they've lost.
evidently, these dogs meant a great deal to him... and i'll say it again - it pi$$es me off to no end that they are making a mockery of dgs and handlers.

We have a service dog for our son ,who is developmentally disabled and has Autism.One of our SD's jobs is tracking,since our son doesn't usually answer and knows no danger.

Working K-9's with LE and the Military,as well as volunteer S&R are some of the smartest,best trained officers around.

Bones and Gerus did their jobs and did them well. They are outstanding members of Team Caylee .
Their handler's are to be commended. Not only do they LIVE with their K-9 partners 24/7,they have survived ICA"S defense team. All 4 of them deserve medals and a Team Caylee T-shirt : )

Hi MissJames :)

Thank you for sharing. My daughter is in the Autistic Spectrum; Aspergers Syndrome. Dogs and other animals aren't given enough credit for being so intelligent, protective and compassionate. Animals in my neighborhood actually follow my daughter and eat out of her hand. And these animals have no training. For the dogs who do have training, I am VERY thankful! Along with their handlers, they save lives!:seeya:

Our SD is a chocolate lab,but 4Paws for Ability uses a lot of GSD's. In our training class I became very close to a family who received an awesome GSD. Unfortunately he died suddenly last month,of a heart attack.He was only 3.In the middle of playing he just fell. I can't help thinking of him when I see all these pics. You can not underestimate how close handler's become to their working dogs .

I think a lot of us had the same reaction while listening to testimony yesterday.
Gerus and Bones are better qualified than JB ! Gotta luv it!

I am so sorry :(

My son has a friend who got into SAR when he graduated high school. He joined LE and in the past worked with a K-9. His dog, Caro, was born in Holland and is a Belgian Malinois. Caro was a certified Narcotics Detection dog, now retired, and living with his owner, not retired and still with LE. I always had a touch of envy for anyone who had a K-9. I admire the trainers and the time they spend working with their animals. By comparison, the dogs I had owned were a bunch of hooligans.
The two dog handlers that had to undergo insulting and relentless questioning by the DT kept their cool and were dedicated professionals. I was irate at the implication that these handlers would falsify training records or cheat on alert signals. It is absolutely unfair that an officer in a position of service to others would have to be subject to being treated with such disrespect.

I hope that HHJP is able to perceive through the attempt to term of "false positive" as a failure of the dog. It is a failure of the DT to understand these "complicated" measures.
These DT attorneys are "positively false" cold-blooded members of the human race.

My son has a friend who got into SAR when he graduated high school. He joined LE and in the past worked with a K-9. His dog, Caro, was born in Holland and is a Belgian Malinois. Caro was a certified Narcotics Detection dog, now retired, and living with his owner, not retired and still with LE. I always had a touch of envy for anyone who had a K-9. I admire the trainers and the time they spend working with their animals. By comparison, the dogs I had owned were a bunch of hooligans.
The two dog handlers that had to undergo insulting and relentless questioning by the DT kept their cool and were dedicated professionals. I was irate at the implication that these handlers would falsify training records or cheat on alert signals. It is absolutely unfair that an officer in a position of service to others would have to be subject to being treated with such disrespect.

And at the time, who knew this case was going to turn out the way it has, high profile. Certainly the dog handlers didn't go there saying, hey...I gotta make me and my K9 partner here look good. They were just doing their job. Wasn't the dog handler great when JB asked him about the scent on the ground and the handler said if there was a dead body there and it was removed. Ooppsie, JB.

spring046.jpg

My big boy :)

He's beautiful. I love shepards.

Hi MissJames :)

Thank you for sharing. My daughter is in the Autistic Spectrum; Aspergers Syndrome. Dogs and other animals aren't given enough credit for being so intelligent, protective and compassionate. Animals in my neighborhood actually follow my daughter and eat out of her hand. And these animals have no training. For the dogs who do have training, I am VERY thankful! Along with their handlers, they save lives!:seeya:

Dogs know when you are special.

Before yesterday and Ofc. Fogerty and Dr. Vass got on the stand JB only had CA, GA, the towyard guy and Yuri saying the car smelled like decomp. Now he has a noted scientist who is an expert regarding the smell of decomp, a dog handler who claims to have smelled decomp. many, many times and 2 reliable cadaver dogs to add to his list. That's pretty remarkable for a defense attorney to accomplish in one day, don't you think?

Why do the dogs need support?
Well have you ever read what the dogs of 911 went through to find our fellow countrymen after the towers fell or the Pentagon was hit? Have you ever talked to an injured person who was found in time to be saved, because of a dog. Or a child brought home because a dog tracked his wondering footsteps? Or a family who has closure because their loved ones remains have been found and they no longer have to wonder.
So the thread says support, but what it really is is RESPECT for their unique abilities and willingness/desire to please that they will work and want to go back into rubble to find humans. To enter burning buildings or meth houses or do boarder patrol to keep humans safe.
They don't need our support ----> they deserve it.

BTW - for those who saw my pic below, the blond is my girl (also the avatar pic) and the Lab and the Shepard/Doberman mix are my grand furr kids whom have just spent spring break with us and will be sorely missed. I would trust my life with all three of them. Without getting mushy or more personal than necessary, I am positive I am here today, because of my poodle.

Bones and Gerus are as much a part of the team as each poster here is to WS. All team members deserve support and respect. And that is my :twocents:

bbm*red
Beautiful dogs!

I know the dt has to try to keep out much of the evidence,but it's the WAY JB questions the witnesses. They are doing their jobs and treats them as if they are liars or stupid.And for what? The "Mother of the Year"?

There is no end to the damage inflicted on others because of ICA.

I remember reading an article about this regarding the SAR dogs brought to the scenes of destruction at the 9/11 sites. Those dogs who worked at the 9/11 scene for days on end. Some of those dogs suffered trauma from the fruitless searching for anyone alive under all that rubble, so much that some never recovered. They were trained to find live humans....they tried to do their jobs and these dogs felt failure. How could anyone with any human compassion not feel the pain of these dogs and their handlers.

I have a soft spot in my heart for dogs, especially search/rescue and cadaver dogs. They do a job none of us humans can do. And they will do it until they literally drop if necessary. I thank Gerus and Bones everyday for letting us know about a piece of Caylee's story that we never would have known about without them, the backyard. And also for pointing out and confirming that smell in Casey's trunk to be decomp. I trust those dogs and their noses. They are noble, beautiful, compassionate, and highly trained creatures. How dare Baez question them. How dare CA and GA try to make them look like they had a false reading. Dog spelled backward is God. The dogs knew Caylee's fate, and so does God. I commend them for their role in this case and every case that uses dogs just like them. God bless them.

I have a soft spot in my heart for dogs, especially search/rescue and cadaver dogs. They do a job none of us humans can do. And they will do it until they literally drop if necessary. I thank Gerus and Bones everyday for letting us know about a piece of Caylee's story that we never would have known about without them, the backyard. And also for pointing out and confirming that smell in Casey's trunk to be decomp. I trust those dogs and their noses. They are noble, beautiful, compassionate, and highly trained creatures. How dare Baez question them. How dare CA and GA try to make them look like they had a false reading. Dog spelled backward is God. The dogs knew Caylee's fate, and so does God. I commend them for their role in this case and every case that uses dogs just like them. God bless them.

Out of the thousands of videos of testimony that i've watched over the last couple years in this case... bond hearings, depos, now frye... This one bothers me the most. This was the first time that I've actually felt infuriated long after watching the testimony.. I just can't get over it.
What these dogs and handlers are doing is amazing.. and to watch JB try to rip Forgey apart like he's nothing and his dogs are nothing.. GAHHHHHHHHH it boils my blood!
How extremely UNGRATEFUL! I hope that the defense NEVER has the need for LE to use a cadaver dog to help locate the remains of their loved one. What a smack in the face.

and another thing...
this guy and his dog were doing their JOB! they didn't ask to get involved in this case! they weren't out there to help build a case against casey... they were just looking for decomp - thats it. they get called out to a location and do their thing.. who the heck are they to try to make them look stupid!

Best thread ever! I wonder if there is some small thing we could do to show our appreciation - like chip in to buy the dogs a new service vest or something? Just something to say, "Thank you for what you have done for Caylee?" Other ideas? Maybe a big box of BONES!

Dog lover alert!

-Jayla was our most beloved canine princess, hence my handle-

And normally I am very biased toward the, eh hem, finest of all breeds as featured in my avatars. But I will make an exception here for these two Shepherds-

Bravo, Gerus and Bones!

Savage, the lovable lazy furball in my avatar now, cannot stand anything dead. Yes, he is a pit bull, imagine that! So I confess, the only way we'd know Savage detected decomp is if we sent him in and he darted in the opposite direction at 1000 mph. But each dog is an artist in his own way and anytime a dog gets to perform what their breed is suited for best, to gain that sought after acceptance of his master, they ought to be praised-Their intentions are pure.

Gerus and Bones should be added to the Team Caylee list if they have not been already. They sensed her in a way we could not, and these dogs give voice to the dead in their own way, much like Dr. G does in her way.

Now if I could just find a big burly bull for Savage to bait...oh who am I kidding? He'd run from the bull, too! We'll settle for our APBTs attacking the fine art of snoring on the couch and let Gerus and Bones do the tough work :)

i'm jealous!
i can't even get my dog to stop peeing in her bed... let alone train her to find decomp!

i think she's "special"
she's a tea cup chihuahua.. and sadly, we got her before i knew enough to do research.
i had no idea that they would breed the runts with other runts to produce the smallest dogs possible. she will be 2 on 4/6 and weighs 2lbs 6oz and is as dumb as a rock!
she's too little to take outside, she she was paper trained and eventually litter box (with newspaper shred) trained.. but for some reason will pee all over her bed :/
i have 3 that i rotate every other day while the peed one is in the wash. thank goodness she doesn't leave her area (bed, litter box and food dishes) or she'd pee on anything that's on the floor. she's too afraid to leave her bed.. she'll stretch out on her tippy toes to eat or drink :(

Attachments

• 443921013_1545349243_0.jpeg
    443921013_1545349243_0.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_1132.jpg
    100_1132.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 15

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors