Supreme Court Nominee #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus he has been open and honest about drinking beer in high school and beyond. He certainly hasn't tried to hide anything.

Jmo

This is factually untrue.

In his interview on Fox (and in previously sworn testimony to the Senate) K said he never drank to excess.

In his testimony yesterday, he admitted to sometimes drinking too much and even to doing things while drinking that made him cringe now.

If you rewatch his testimony, you'll see that he in fact never answered the question of whether he had ever blacked out when drinking. (However that phrase is defined, it goes to whether or not he could have attacked Dr. F and not remembered it afterwards).

He instead deflected the question to the Senator, repeatedly, until she said- I don't have a drinking problem. He retorted- neither do I. That was NOT an answer to explicit question about blackouts.

In response to other direct questions about the extent of his drinking, he deflected by reciting his academic & althetic achievements. Those were evasive replies, not direct responses to direct questions.

And, he has repeatedly been far less than thruthful in owning up to the fact that he was never legally entitled to drink a single beer while in HS, much less his share of 100 kegs.

Brett Kavanaugh's attack on Democrats could pose risk to Supreme Court

The comments injected a new level of bitter partisanship in an already pitched battle over the future of the Supreme Court and replacing Justice Anthony Kennedy, frequently the decisive and swing vote on the most important issues of the day. Kavanaugh is more conservative than Kennedy and his ascendance to the high court would entrench conservative control of the bench for years.

"No matter what happens ... I think the court is the ultimate loser here. I think Judge Kavanaugh could have made the exact same points without making reference to the Clintons or Democrats, without going down that road," said Josh Blackman, a law professor at the South Texas College of Law in Houston. "It's an optics thing. I don't think he'll vote any differently because of what happened in the past 10 days, but what will change is how people perceive it."

This thread has become ridiculous. I’d say “laughable” except sexual assault isn’t the least bit funny. Victim shaming is so deplorable. And shaming for what, drinking in high school? That’s all ya got?

Regardless of sexual assault, K committed perjury while testifying in the senate committee, and demonstrated a lack of acceptable judicial temperament. Those things alone disqualify him and actually subject him to charges, which will never happen, at least not now.

He may have tempered his own drinking. I doubt the FBI has previously asked him if he had blackout drinking in college and high school.

That is an interesting idea. When people drink out of a bottle in a paper bag, they are considered loser scum.

If they drink the same anount at the country club, that is being sociable. And they may be enjoying their fine booze which makes them a sophisticate.. .

Many people who drink become what I call a pro. They drink all day yet never appear drunk. They are functional alcoholics.

I wonder if that is something that is examined

This is factually untrue.

In his interview on Fox (and in previously sworn testimony to the Senate) K said he never drank to excess.

In his testimony yesterday, he admitted to sometimes drinking too much and even to doing things while drinking that made him cringe now.

If you rewatch his testimony, you'll see that he in fact never answered the question of whether he had ever blacked out when drinking. (However that phrase is defined, it goes to whether or not he could have attacked Dr. F and not remembered it afterwards).

He instead deflected the question to the Senator, repeatedly, until she said- I don't have a drinking problem. He retorted- neither do I. That was NOT an answer to explicit question about blackouts.

In response to other direct questions about the extent of his drinking, he deflected by reciting his academic & althetic achievements. Those were evasive replies, not direct responses to direct questions.

And, he has repeatedly been farbless than thruthful in owning up to the fact that he was never legally entitled to drink a single beer while in HS, much less his share of 100 kegs.

bbm

Thank you for clarifying the record, Hope. There's little dispute that he wasn't 100% forthcoming in his replies, as there's so much information already out there that contradicts his testimony to varying levels and degrees.

What perjury?

This thread has become ridiculous. I’d say “laughable” except sexual assault isn’t the least bit funny. Victim shaming is so deplorable. And shaming for what, drinking in high school? That’s all ya got?

Regardless of sexual assault, K committed perjury while testifying in the senate committee, and demonstrated a lack of acceptable judicial temperament. Those things alone disqualify him and actually subject him to charges, which will never happen, at least not now.

Nancy Pelosi calls Brett Kavanaugh "hysterical," says he is unfit to serve on the Supreme Court - CBS News

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi called Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh "hysterical" and said that he was temperamentally unfit to serve on the Supreme Court. Pelosi made the comments in an interview Saturday at the Texas Tribune Festival in Austin, Texas.

"I couldn't help but think that if a woman had ever performed that way, they would say 'hysterical,'" Pelosi said about her reaction to Kavanaugh's testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday. Kavanaugh emotionally denied allegations that he had sexually assaulted Dr. Christine Blasey Ford when they were both teenagers.​

Blasey Ford's best friend to tell FBI she has no knowledge of Kavanaugh or party

Leland Keyser to tell FBI she has no knowledge of Kavanaugh or party

In attorney Walsh’s Saturday email to the committee, he said Ms. Keyser believes Ms. Ford’s a account.

“However, the simple and unchangeable truth is that she is unable to corroborate it because she has no recollection of the incident in question,” Mr. Walsh said.

You say that very non nonchalantly , as if it is no big deal.

Without an effective auditing system, governments will without a doubt be taken over by what is essentially organised crime.

Maybe K wasn't that far off with his remarks about the Clintons.

My apologies if I came off as non chalant. That wasn't my intention.

When I listened to Judge Kavanaugh answer questions about his drinking I was reminded of "how it works" from the big book and how that related to the judges description of his drinking habits.

Chapter 5 How It Works - Original Manuscript | Silkworth.net

brett-kavanaugh-mark-judge-yearbook-ht-jt-180929_hpEmbed_7x5_608.jpg

PHOTO: Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, right, and Mark Judge, left, are pictured in an image from the Georgetown Preparatory high school yearbook. (Georgetown Preparatory School)

Who is Mark Judge? Brett Kavanaugh's high school friend and the only named witness

Judge and Kavanaugh both attended Georgetown Preparatory School, an elite, all-boys Catholic high school in North Bethesda, Maryland, just outside Washington, D.C.

In 1997, Judge published a memoir about alcoholism during his teenage years, titled "Wasted: Tales of a Gen X Drunk," in which he recounts booze-soaked parties with his prep school friends and alcohol-fueled attempts to hook up with girls. He also recalls working "at the local supermarket" in the summer of 1982.

Judge has authored several other books and is now a Washington-based conservative writer whose byline has appeared in publications such as The Daily Caller and The American Spectator.

Ford said she has not knowingly seen Kavanaugh since that night, but she claimed she saw Judge about six to eight weeks later at a Safeway in the Potomac, Maryland. Judge seemed to be employed at the supermarket chain when they ran into each other and she said "hello" to him, according to Ford.

Judge's face turned "white" and he seemed "very uncomfortable in saying hello back," she said.

"We had previously been friendly at the times we saw each other over the previous two years," Ford told senators. "I wouldn't characterize him as not friendly. He was just nervous and not really wanting to speak with me. He looked a bit ill."

The Senate Judiciary Committee reconvened on Capitol Hill on Friday to vote on advancing Kavanaugh's Supreme Court nomination to the full Senate floor. The Republican-led committee defeated a motion from Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) to subpoena Judge.

"I'd like to make a motion to subpoena Mark Judge as a witness before our committee," Blumenthal said. "Evidently, he has never been interviewed by the FBI, he has never been questioned by any member of our committee, he has never submitted a detailed account of what he knows."

Blumenthal also asked the committee chairman for more time to make a final appeal to halt the confirmation process, which Grassley granted.
bbm

What is the fact? She personally isn't responsible for what others were posing in yearbooks. Otherwise you judge everybody by the teenager with the worst behavior, but not all are the same.

The FACT is her yearbook is online. That’s what I said.

I think when considering a nominee the most important part is to review past cases and their demeanor and fairness toward both sides at the time. Plus their knowledge of the law and demeanor on the bench.

16 of his opinions in the WDC..appellate court was also adopted in the majority opinions of the SC as well. That is an amazing achievement.

Even defense attorneys have said JK is a fair judge. I haven't seen anyone who has appeared before him in the last 12 years say otherwise.

He is known for his calm temperament giving respect to both sides. Like he said...the one who has the law on their side will be the one who wins. That is how any judge should rule
Not one who interprets the law and how they want it read but upholds the laws as they are written.

Even though he showed anger and emotional sadness in his latest testimony when he personally was being attacked and accused imo that has nothing to do with his temperance when he is in a courtroom.. He is well known to consistently have the demeanor needed to be a good judge that listens closely to each side of the argument.

Imo the worst thing for anyone would be if they felt they were being falsely accused of a sex crime they insist they did not do. So I found his anger justified and anyone accused of the same would be madder than heck if they knew those claims were false. It showed JK.....as a human being who hurts and feels anger like everyone does during traumatic times in their lives.

The situation for him and Dr. Ford were totally different situations.. She was handled with kid gloves by both parties...rightly so.

He faced 10 crouching tigers ready to spring to attack him and they did just like he had seen them do in the media for many days before he was finally allowed to testify again.

No one seem to care that he and his family were also getting death threats during the time he had to wait to testify again.

Imo

Last edited:
How about this? Instead of batting back and forth about the larger picture of Court & related opinions, etc...

We are sleuthers, right? How about thinking sleuthing, as in... what exactly do you think the FBI should investigate - and who- and why, abiding by all TOS, of course.

Me, I'd start with July 1,1982, the get together at Timmy's to drink skis, the day the drinking age was upped from 18 to 19. A drinking party in defiance of the new law might be more memorable than a unspecified gathering, unknown house, unknown month, even originally, unknown year. I believe all 4 folks who submitted a statement via their attys to the committee did not know the more specific timeframe later specified by Blasey.

Montgomery County says they will not open investigation on Kavanaugh allegations without accuser

Montgomery County says they will not open investigation on Kavanaugh allegations without accuser

Wonder why she didn’t do this.

The victim ( second one) has to file charges! This cant start until that happens!

Capt. Paul Starks, a Montgomery County Police Department spokesman, says "we're aware of the letter, and we plan to respond to it." police and the Montgomery County prosecuting attorney’s office said they will investigate.

Eleven Maryland state lawmakers are asking county police to investigate sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh,

11 State Lawmakers Ask Police to Investigate Kavanaugh Case

"Maryland ==no statute of limitations

Skipping everything but your assertion some now are trying to make him look like a horrible person, unfit for the SC....this is presumably after
his ....appearance to defend himself?

More everything aside.

1. Do you agree that judges swear an oath that they will be impartial, and will recuse themselves if there is even an appearance of conflict or impartiality?

2. Do you agree that SC judges are not sworn by oath to remain impartial, in part because the presumption is that they have demonstrated they are above reproach in this and other areas, but that all modern era nominees , including K, have professed their awareness of the need for impartiality & have sworn under oath to Senators that they will be just that?

3. Do you agree that you would have less faith in the ruling by a SC justice if you thought he or she had ruled on the basis of partisanship or an ideological agenda, not on an impartial reading of the law?

4. If you are a "conservative," would you support a democratic nominee for the SC who, under ANY circumstances, during a hearing for the bench, said in any tone of voice, that he believed those opposing him were doing so because of a vast right wing conspiracy to bring him down? And that a previous president or his allies were trying to bring him down out of revenge?

5. Would you believe such a nominee capable of remaining impartial? Would you be so willing to trust in his ability to do so that you would be willing to risk the Court's legitimacy by seating him? Even if another candidate with identical views & no baggage like K's could and WOULD be confirmed?

Your honor!

I do

I dont

I might

I never said I dont

I never said I do

I never said I might

I say --------------------PERJURY!

Although juvenile arrests are guarded , i would think as they began talking to his best friends I would think we are going to hear about LE involvement that was "taken care" of by privilege.

I vote we have several investigators snuggling up to best friends book taking notes!

If We can all put together that his calendar fits her report the FBI sure can!

I saw Gassy say ( he really needs to go rest or something) the calender says 6 people and I thought he really thinks a bunch of drunks run on time - or remember where they are supposed to be to keep drinking! THe other two were probably in a coma over a toilet and missed the party!!

I think what will end up ending is this is character stuff -- like some others just unfit for the position.

It might be a boost for the nation tho -- a notion that character matters .

Last edited:
This is a different situation. Most alcoholics do not have multiple extensive background checks by experienced investigators.

If this man has an alcohol problem. The checks and balances system is not working.

You can have a drinking problem and not drink every day. You might be a binge drinker who drinks to excess 1x a week or just the act of taking one drink sets you off on a binge for that night or weekend. When we talk about alcoholic there are different patterns of drinking. I had a roommate in my 20's who was a functional alcoholic-- never drank before 6 and work was done, but once 6 and work done hit the evening drinking proceeded. This person started with a 6 pack and as time went on it was a couple of shots with beers until hard alcohol (scotch) was the drink of choice. Another friend was the person who never drank during the week but when they went to bars or parties, we were always having to scrape them out of the situation--made sure they never left alone or did something stupid. It got old and we ceased to be friends. In both of these cases, these people had an issue with alcohol and functioned at their jobs. The Days of Wine and Roses is one type of alcoholic but not all by any means.

The nominee may have drunk to excess one he started drinking but curtailed those times to once or twice a week or at a party.

As a "sluether", and FBI groupie, I suppose I would start the investigation with where was the party held. Date, time, and go from there.

It seems to me, that the focus of the investigation should be Dr. Ford's statement and testimony, not going on side tangents to open up new investigations.

It seems like this group is quite tight, knowing each other and being in contact even 35 years later. So, it shouldn't be too difficult to talk to people. The question is, will they want to be involved, and how much would they remember. I could honestly state, I wouldn't remember anything from a specific party, and I went to many in my former "red cup" days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01