Supreme Court Nominee #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Researcher Uncovers Christine Blasey Ford’s ‘Hidden’ 80’s-Era High School Social Life

Researcher Uncovers Christine Blasey Ford's 'Hidden' 80's-Era High School Social Life

It is no secret that drinking in private elite schools in the DC area in the 1980's was pervasive, and very much part of the culture. In both boys & girls schools, and yes, in elite private Catholic schools as well, very much including Georgetown Prep.

(My stepsisters were K's age & went to these schools, and in Potomac, MD, very near Dr Ford's house, actually. Dozens of miles north & in a different world altogether, my peers smoked weed occasionally & never drank. The DC crowd drank too much & disdained those who smoked weed. Cultural differences, having more to do with class & proximity to power/privilege than anything else ).

That Dr. Ford attended a drinking school does not make her a drinker in HS, much less one who drank to excess, much less one than became aggressive when drunk.

Guilt by association? Is that the standard being used to try to discredit Dr. Ford? Does anyone truly believe that NO ONE would have come forward by now to say Dr. Ford drank in HS, or, drank excessively? Right.

Last edited:
More about the Tennessee Star (linked upthread), fwiw

bbm, big red flag, imo

The Tennessee Star - Media Bias/Fact Check

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes.

Notes: The Tennessee Star is a news and opinion website with a right wing bias in reporting. The website does not have an about page that shows mission and ownership, however their Facebook page states: “The Tennessee Star is your NEW place for news and information that matters. Investigative Reports, thoughtful Opinion, Sports, Lifestyle, and more.”​

It is no secret that drinking in private elite schools in the DC area in the 1980's was pervasive, and very much part of the culture. In both boys & girls schools, and yes, in elite private Catholic schools as well, very much including Georgetown Prep.

(My stepsisters were K's age & went to these schools, and in Potomac, MD, very near Dr Ford's house, actually. Dozens of miles north & in a different world altogether, my peers smoked weed occasionally & never drank. The DC crowd drank too much & disdained those who smoked weed. Cultural differences, having more to do with class & proximity to power/privilege than anything else ).

That Dr. Ford attended a drinking school does not make her a drinker in HS, much less one who drank to excess, much less one than became aggressive when drunk.

Guilt by association? Is that the standard being used to try to discredit Dr. Ford? Does anyone truly believe that NO ONE has come forward to say Dr. Ford even drank in HS, much less that she drank excessively?

Right.

I didn’t do either, I smoked cigs.

More about the Tennessee Star (linked upthread), fwiw

bbm, big red flag, imo

The Tennessee Star - Media Bias/Fact Check

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes.

Notes: The Tennessee Star is a news and opinion website with a right wing bias in reporting. The website does not have an about page that shows mission and ownership, however their Facebook page states: “The Tennessee Star is your NEW place for news and information that matters. Investigative Reports, thoughtful Opinion, Sports, Lifestyle, and more.”​

From your link....

Factual Reporting: HIGH

All articles are properly sourced and generally use credible mainstream sources.

We could not find any instances of failed fact checks for this source.

National Review, linked above, fwiw

National Review - Media Bias/Fact Check

Media bias/fact check:

The National Review magazine and website are both owned by the National Review Institute. The National Review Institute was founded by William F. Buckley Jr. as a nonprofit and according to an article from The Nation the “National Review‘s biggest financial supporter, Roger Milliken was a Birch Society member. The Southern Poverty Law Center describes the John Birch Society as a conspiracist group, whereas the National Review describes Milliken as one of the “Right’s funding fathers”. According to Sourcewatch, The National Review Institute has received funding from the Charles G. Koch Foundation as well as grants from the right-wing Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation. The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports the Bradley Foundation helps fund groups opposing climate regulation.

Respectfully though what others may or may not have done has no relevancy since this is about one man. Imo the blacking out theory doesn't coincide with Ford's own testimony. Jmoo

I am glad the FBI is now handling this matter. They are experts in this area. I don't even see why it would take a week since both sides have investigated it from the time it came to their attention.

They already have so much turned over to them prior to the 7th investigation of BK which they are doing now.. than when AH made her claim.

I think all interviews will be more in depth since everyone has come out saying they are very willing to be interviewed by the FBI. So with all cooperating fully it should move quickly.

Jmo

How would she know if he was in blackout or not?

From your link....

Factual Reporting: HIGH

All articles are properly sourced and generally use credible mainstream sources.

We could not find any instances of failed fact checks for this source.

Your response doesn't show why the owners and operators of the publication choose to publish biased reporting without identifying whom they are or why they're doing it.

Like I said: Huge red flags.

Your response doesn't show why the owners and operators of the publication choose to publish biased reporting without identifying whom they are or why they're doing it.

Like I said: Huge red flags.

Pages from Ford’s yearbook are on the web. That’s a FACT. The Tennessee Star chose to report that FACT.

I'd bet money he has an alcohol problem.

Then the checks and balances system is not working.

You say that very non nonchalantly , as if it is no big deal.

Without an effective auditing system, governments will without a doubt be taken over by what is essentially organised crime.

Maybe K wasn't that far off with his remarks about the Clintons.

I wish young gals would have watched Dr. Ford on tv, it would go a long way to helping them avoid going to parties to have a "good time".

Should young boys watch , too? Should older men watch , too, and ask themselves about their alcohol use? I mean presently. Should men watch to see about nondignified behavior by men?

Christine Blasey Ford's friend clarifies statement about alleged assault by Brett Kavanaugh

Leland Keyser, a high school friend of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, who has accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her while they were both teenagers, has written a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee to clarify that although she does not remember the house party where the misconduct allegedly occurred, she believes Ford's account.

Who knows if it is? Tens — hundreds — of thousands of documents were kept from the judiciary committee.

Kavanaugh's forte for many years was arguing for the confidentiality of documents, including documents that included his own work.

Kavanaugh is intimately familiar with the issue of White House documents and judicial nominations. In his role at the counsel’s office, he vetted potential nominees and worked on efforts to prevent disclosure of certain documents, citing presidential privilege.

A set of emails, which have been made public and were reviewed by The Post, showed that Kavanaugh and his associates were concerned that whatever they wrote might one day be made public. The email thread of Jan. 3, 2002, began when Kavanaugh noted that he had been “blasted” for his effort to protect presidential records. That prompted another White House official to say, apparently jokingly, that they were “denying historians and generations of American school children important information about their government.”

“Careful,” a second White House official responded in an email that was sent to Kavanaugh. “These e-mails will all be disclosed in 12 years.”

“Not if Brett can help it,” the first White House official responded.

Who knows if it is? If this man is an alcoholic and has been a prominent high level judge, it is not working. The background checks started long ago, well before his nomination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange