SURPRISE HEARING Friday 18th August

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think this is long overdue. I don't believe any of them committed the crime. I do find it troubling that they are expected to admit guilt though. And I do think it is in part to help the state "save face."

I hope the case is further investigated and the real killer(s) brought to justice.

BBM

I agree...the state will NEVER admit they made a mistake and convicted the wrong people for this crime.

August 19, 2011 9:43 AM

"West Memphis Three" could go free after hearing today

BBM

(CBS/AP) LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - The trio known as the "West Memphis Three," convicted as teenagers in the 1993 killings of three 8-year-old Cub Scouts in eastern Arkansas, could be released from custody as early as today, according to multiple sources.

A source familiar with the case, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press the potential deal would involve a legal maneuver allowing Damien Echols, Jessie Misskelley and Jason Baldwin to maintain their innocence while acknowledging prosecutors have enough evidence to win a conviction.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20094517-504083.html

So am I.

I just hope Judge Laser is about to do the right thing - whatever that may be.

[ame="http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=2n&tag=watchnow"]Live Video - CBS News Video[/ame]

streaming now

This is very good news. Finally! I have lost so much faith in our "justice" system and making them admit to a crime they didn't commit doesn't sit well with me, but at least they'll be out of prison and, for Echols, off of Death Row. It's not enough, but it's something. Is it too much to hope the real killers are eventually arrested and prosecuted?

If anyone has a link to live coverage, please post it.

Does anyone know a good Twitter source to follow for this? I can't leave a live stream up for long at work (shhhhhh!!)....

snip
The deal being discussed would not technically result in a full exoneration; some of the convictions would stand, though the men would not admit guilt. Should Mr. Echols be freed, it would be the highest profile release of a death row inmate in recent memory.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/20/us/20arkansas.html

i so confused.

the live stream won't work for me..can someone please post what is happening!Thank you

People outside the court house. I don't think the hearing will be live but not sure. Hopefully a reporter will update.

It's just people standing around the outside of the courthouse right now. The audio is off right now...

TDevonFox Tealy Devereaux
Claps in hallway. Could be WM3 walking in.
1 minute ago

Steve Branch, link in earlier post, is saying he was told there is an old, Ark. law that allows this. I can't find the law.

Is anyone getting any audio? I am not on either CNN or Channel 5.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back