SURPRISE HEARING Friday 18th August

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think that's what's going on here. The DNA found to be the step-father which would be normal wouldn't it.

The appeal threw out some evidence, but the state has enough evidence to convict them and taking the alford plea the defendants agree and chose to take the plea instead of a jury trial. This does not mean they are innocent.

It means they have possibly served enough time for their plea. Could now be 2nd degree murder.

I disagree. IMO the state is trying to save face and not admit error, and the three teens who lost half their lives to unjust imprisonment (one on Death Row) are doing what they have to do to put their shattered lives back together again. MOO, OMO, JMHO, etc. etc.

Please know this is MOO..I think what happened here today is..the state must have seen that there was new evidence that pointed away from the 3 accused and did not want to take a chance and go to trail again,but instead offered the 3 a deal-it was a win win for both sides-the DA did not have to admit they made a mistake and the 3 accused get out of jail!!

No, no, no.

Try this one:)
The state has enough evidence to convict them in a new trial on lesser charges, like MURDER 2ND DEGREE.

Now, it's the choice of the WM3 if they want to plea guilty which they are to an Alford plea

The WM3 are not innocent, they are pleading to MURDER and now have already served their time.

I guess everyone is having a difficult time understanding this, but some murderers do get out after serving their time.

The celebrities are there for a little attention, it's called publicity. Maybe they want to promote an upcoming documentary with their music or something???

I disagree. IMO the state is trying to save face and not admit error, and the three teens who lost half their lives to unjust imprisonment (one on Death Row) are doing what they have to do to put their shattered lives back together again. MOO, OMO, JMHO, etc. etc.

ITA!!Thank you

Please know this is MOO..I think what happened here today is..the state must have seen that there was new evidence that pointed away from the 3 accused and did not want to take a chance and go to trail again,but instead offered the 3 a deal-it was a win win for both sides-the DA did not have to admit they made a mistake and the 3 accused get out of jail!!

So how does that win it for both sides when if that is the case the state would then have to be aware conclusivly that very sick child murdering persons are or could be running arround waiting to commit the same type of horrible crime somewhere else or even there again? Would not admitting a mistake now ever overcome not admitting a far bigger one ? Just wondering.

Well, then why are they pleading out on the Alford Plea?

Why would they not want to go to court to fight for their innocence?

The lawyers are all paid for?

You can tell reporter at wmctv is not a Pearl Jam fan lol. She said "Eddie Vedder, formerly of Pearl Jam..."

I saw them live last month and I am pretty sure they are still a band with Eddie as their lead singer. ;)

Just reported their convictions have been overturned and they are order to be released immediately.

Please let those of us who can't watch know what is happening. Thanks everyone, I can't stand the waiting.

Plea offers,,,,, guilt or innocence never on the table.... plead guilty....preserve verdicts handed down 17 years ago...

So basically, they would have gotten new trials but it would have been impossible for them to be fair. So, he entertained plea deals.

YAY!!!!!!!! I'm sad they had to plead guilty, but at least they will be freed. Unfortunately they have records because of this and that will scar them and their futures.

From the press conference:

They all pled guilty and reaffirmed the juries verdict.
They believe the allegations could have led to a new trial and it would have been near impossible to put on a proper case.
Even if the state were to prevail sentences would be different and appeals would occur.
Victim's families support defendants, witnesses have changes stories... that is why they decided to entertain plea offers.
They never entertained anything that would negate the juries verdict.

Nothing can bring back those little boys... plea are sentence of 18 years for credit with time served...10 years suspended sentence...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back