SURPRISE HEARING Friday 18th August

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought they were going to appear at the PC? Did that change?

An Alford Plea is not a "I did it" plea. Just an fyi, and they were forced into this so they cannot sue, and probably so the State will not prosecute the perp.

The defense went to the SA with this plea deal. These 3 killers admitted their guilt. I know that means nothing to the celebrities and fans. The darlings are free. :innocent:

Definition of Alford Plea
the term Alford plea as: "A plea under which a defendant may choose to plead guilty, not because of an admission to the crime, but because the prosecutor has sufficient evidence to place a charge and to obtain conviction in court. The plea is commonly used in local and state courts in the United States

Alford plea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Was there ever chance of an Alford Plea being allowed? I am not American, so I am not sure of the system, but would an Alford Plea be automatically on the table, or was there only the option of the one deal on the table that the 3 have agreed to today?

An Alford Plea is not an "I did it" plea. Just an fyi, and they were forced into this so they cannot sue, and probably so the State will not prosecute the perp.

The Alford Plea was the WM3 idea, not that of the state.

If they were innocent then why would they plea guilty?

Why would their defense attorneys agree to that if they would be proved innocent?

I guess because they have served their time people now believe they were proven innocent and that's just really wrong. Because we know they are being released because they have served their time for the murderers they have plead guilty to and have already served enough time.

If getting out because they are innocent, then why are they on parole for 10-years?

@ashblackstone

Daien Echols is expected to make a statement to the media. Stay tuned. #WM3

2 minutes ago

The defense went to the SA with this plea deal. These 3 killers admitted their guilt. I know that means nothing to the celebrities and fans. The darlings are free. :innocent:

Only speaking for myself but I am certainly NOT a fan. I just believe in their innocence.

They did NOT admit guilt. They took a deal to get out of jail and not sue for a whole lot of money.

I am sorry,but your post is confusing to me..I would like to answer it but can't-I thought i deleted this post to...sorry

Sorry I guess I get carried away.

I guess you did delete the post.

I just meant if the state had new evidence that pointed away from the WM3 and didnt want to risk a new trial for the WM3 and this is the win win deal so the DA would not have to admit to a mistake,that would indicate the DA had evidence of another murderer who is still free ,so by not admitting a mistake there a is bigger mistake being made by not persuing the murdering person or persons they would KNOW are out there .

Was there ever chance of an Alford Plea being allowed? I am not American, so I am not sure of the system, but would an Alford Plea be automatically on the table, or was there only the option of the one deal on the table that the 3 have agreed to today?

Today in the press conference the WM3 attorneys are the ones who came to the state with that offer instead of going to trial (which cost the state money because they have to pay for both sides)

Maybe they watched the Casey Anthony verdict... and didn't trust that the justice system is anymore rational than it was 18 years ago.

Not many people would want to roll the dice after 18 years... get out today, or risk the rest of your life or the death penalty?

I would have a hard time saying "I won't admit guilt... take me to trial after I've already been wrongly convicted."

I have not been wrongly convicted and spent 18 years in prison for a crime I didn't commit.

I cannot judge the decision these men just made. I can only say I understand why they would make it.

Thank you. As for me, I can only say I don't understand why they would make it. They have a boat load of support behind them and plenty of money. As far as I can see the public is far and wide behind them and I still feel they would have been served far better with a new trial.

Only speaking for myself but I am certainly NOT a fan. I just believe in their innocence.

Same here hopeful one and I'm quite offended to think that just because we believe in their innocence means that we are their "fans."

I'd watch these three very closely to see if they are ever involved in crimes again.
In the last 18 years has there ever been ritualistic child murders that resemble the same type of crime?
I have a hard time believing a crime of this nature would be a one time event in a criminals life.
This case was screwed up since day unfortunately.

Amster - no disrespect here - I can certainly understand the anger that comes with thinking murderers are being set free. Especially murderers of 3 beautiful little boys that were way too young to die.

I'm wondering how much you know about this case? Have you studied the evidence and transcripts? I (along with many, many, many other people) believe these men to be completely innocent of the charges. They HAD to say they were guilty or they wouldn't have been allowed to go.

I know about this case. Followed it from the beginning. The 3 men convicted of killing 3 little boys just admitted that they did indeed kill them. And, by doing that, the State of Arkansas patted them on the head and set them free. Free to kill again? Won't surprise me if they do. Oh! And, I was never sure if they were guilty....until now. And, yes, I am angry. Gaining celebrity status should not trump justice. Sadly, in my beloved country, it does. <modsnip>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back