Surveillance videos collected

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It was on a local Portland broadcast station...I watched it streaming during the broadcast and saw others mentioning it while watching live on FB and other forums. It was during the same time frame that DY and KH gave the press conference and extended interviews after with different media outlets. DY quite clearly said that when she called TH (after getting the call from the school secretary) and made it known that she was on her way immediately, TH was surprised that she would do that. I can't point you to the video right now, but it's got to be around and I'll give more details.

TY Rosie - I'd love to watch that video if you have time to find the link. If anyone else has it handy that would be great! TIA!

There's so much to keep up with!

Does anyone remember the name of that road where a witness saw a white truck with a boy that looked like Kyron in it turn south off of hwy 26 going west of where they live that morning? Also does anyone know if there were any searches done in that wooded area? Was it Hayward? tia

This info places her near hwy 26 that morning.

That 'sighting' was not a white truck, but either a grey or silver truck, and was not the morning of his disappearance, but toward evening and a day or two later, because he clearly stated that he only recognized Kyron later on when he stopped somewhere and saw a missing poster. I also believe that the driver was supposed to have been a man as per that report.

BBM

Actually, not that long ago there was a murder conviction near me (Fort Worth I think) that was tried without the body being found.

I can't imagine its an easy case to prosecute, and its rare, but can be done:

http://www.nobodymurdercases.com/

Yes, but they need to have enough other stuff to prove it up. They may not have enough here yet.

The thing is, Th was back at home by afternoon. She remembered part of the morning but not the other part. It's not like she remembered up until 1:00 and then forgot (short term loss, from 1ish to 3/4ish)...she remembered, apparently, exactly until she dropped Kryon off.

TH didn't do a LOT of things that are questionable (including take a full poly until the third try...walking out on one before it even started!), yet LE has continuously labeled her as cooperative. They are, IMO, very obviously trying to be the 'good guy' so that she is willing to talk to them.

We do not know if she has EVER fully documented her day, and DY (who has been 'fully briefed' by LE) claims that TH can't remember what she did that morning...I really, really, really doubt that if TH had not remembered that day in the short term (because of stress) but had pulled herself together the next week to fully account for her time that DY (and LE, who has fully briefed her) would *still* be focusing on that. Not logical, IMO.

And she may not have remembered anything right away...except that when LE asked if she'd been on Sauvie Island (or asked about that general direction), despite not remembering, she could have emphatically said, "no, I was in the Beaverton. I don't member which gas station, but I stayed in the Beaverton area."
BBM

I'm just not so sure, because IMO, DY was taking a jab at TH with this comment. And the timing of the question and answer are just not clear enough for me to analyze it yet... For all we know, this was an immediate reaction (Terri not knowing), and LE learned about TH's entire day the evening of June 4...

I guess I am odd but I just do not see the oddity of no one reporting seeing them at school or leaving...of course we do not KNOW what LE or the school or witnesses know but think about it....if folks are milling around etc., are you really gonna notice when a parent and/or her child walk out? I mean really would you even think anything of it if you looked up and Mary Lou and George (ficticious people,lol) leave?
This case is nuts....and it is making me nuts,lol.

That 'sighting' was not a white truck, but either a grey or silver truck, and was not the morning of his disappearance, but toward evening and a day or two later, because he clearly stated that he only recognized Kyron later on when he stopped somewhere and saw a missing poster. I also believe that the driver was supposed to have been a man as per that report.

Thanks, I found the info in the media thread.

It was a grey or black pickup, seen on Saturday afternoon, turning onto Salmonberry Road. No mention of the driver, just that the boy looked like Kyron.
In any case, since it was the next day, it doesn't concern this particular thread.
Doesn't mean it wasn't Kyron, and an accomplice though. fwiw.

http://www.kptv.com/video/23824775/index.html

moo

Ok I just thought of something. MY OPINION ONLY but I have a gut feeling it's going to play into this.

People keep asking how she got him out of the school with noone noticing. I think I have it. It's that damn CSI shirt. She changed his shirt or covered it up. You see how so many people's attention was drawn to that shirt? It's like they think of the little kid wearing the CSI shirt with the glasses. Take off the shirt or cover it up and take his glasses and tell him to go out the side. People are so drawn in by the shirt they don't notice it's him?

What do you think?

Ok I just thought of something. MY OPINION ONLY but I have a gut feeling it's going to play into this.

People keep asking how she got him out of the school with noone noticing. I think I have it. It's that damn CSI shirt. She changed his shirt or covered it up. You see how so many people's attention was drawn to that shirt? It's like they think of the little kid wearing the CSI shirt with the glasses. Take off the shirt or cover it up and take his glasses and tell him to go out the side. People are so drawn in by the shirt they don't notice it's him?

What do you think?

I want to know how she got him out of the school without the dogs (bloodhounds and K9s) getting a positive hit.

(note: The first dogs I read about (June 5) may not have been the first dogs involved.)

I guess one important question LE should have asked was whether the students and parents knew Kyron (ETA: and Terri) by sight in the first place. I think in a school that small (294 students), students do. Maybe not parents if most are working parents and don't volunteer at the school.

I want to know how she got him out of the school without the dogs (bloodhounds and K9s) getting a positive hit.

I would think that if the dogs were tracking for Kyron's scent, they would get a hit either way, because after all he went INTO the school. The dogs can't differentiate the direction he was traveling. So if they picked it up at all, it could have been him going either way.

So why does she remember before school, but not between school and picking him up at the bus???

HINKY.

SBM
Excellent posts Rosiebean. Very good point!

IMO we're a little stuck on Terri not remembering, and I'm not sure where it came from. I might have missed a video but the one that I saw I don't think DY said TH doesn't remember what she did, she said she can't tell.

Lots of reasons that you can't tell...
-you don't remember
-you promised someone you wouldn't
-it would lead to unpleasant consequences
-it would be incriminating
-your lawyer forbids it

(note: The first dogs I read about (June 5) may not have been the first dogs involved.)

SBM

I seem to recall that they did have K9s deployed the evening of 4 June; they were somewhat delayed by traffic in arriving.

Scent conditions vary widely. In general, the best scent conditions are on a vegetated surface on a cool (not cold) to warm (not hot) day that is damp but hasn't had significant rainfall between the time the scent may have been laid and the time the dogs are brought in. And that has not had significant amounts of foot traffic laid over the area in that window period.

As I recall, the weather that day was cool and rain did fall at some point during the school day (before Kyron was known to be missing). I'm not sure how much rain but I'd guess that it was more than a drizzle, since people talked about how wet conditions around the school were.

Judging from the photos I've seen, there is plenty of vegetation around the school but it also appears that someone could leave the school solely walking on pavement.

I have no idea what local wind conditions are. Is the school located such that prevailing breezes tend to be funnelled up and over the grounds? Such placement was often a deliberate decision for schools built before the days of air conditioning. If there does tend to be a lot of air moving over the grounds, that dissipates the amount of scent faster than still air does.

And we know that there were approximately 600 pairs of feet in and around the school that day, figuring 300 students and staff plus only one parent per student. That's a lot of feet.

Since he was counted absent at 10 am, we know that at least 7 hours elapsed between the last time Kyron was in the school and the first dogs could have been deployed.

If he walked out on his own two feet on a heavily travelled route and stayed on pavement the whole way, I'd guess that under the known conditions, there'd be a less than 50/50 chance for the dogs to pick up his scent.

Far from impossible for dogs to hit on but not surprising that they didn't pick up on his scent.

If he were carried out of the school or was inside some sort of container, that would also reduce the chances of dogs hitting on his scent. However, the chances were already so low, I don't think the fact that dogs didn't find anything can be used to infer anything of the sort.

I think they are most likely being thorough.
With the things we know imagine what we do not, they probably have tons of info that will eventually solve this.
I hope for the sake of the family it is soon.

If anything they have enough for a Grand Jury

This is a serious question, and I'm not being snarky. If you had stopped by the gas station before your child was lost, would you forget? Do you always pay in cash so that there is no electronic record? If you'd run multiple errands before your child was lost, would you forget where you'd gone? Would there be no electronic record of where you'd been?

I've been in the position of not remembering what my child was wearing. At that point, I could still have told you (and there would have been an electronic record, as I rarely pay for gas/groceries with cash) where I'd stopped that day.

If TH reacted to stress in such a way that she 1) was the last person seen with her stepson before he went missing, 2) failed to call 911 when he didn't appear from the bus, 3) had the school secretary dial 911, 4) had the school secretary call DY, 5) was surprised that DY was going to drive to Portland immediately upon hearing that her child was missing, 6) could not remember what she'd done that morning, 7) had no electronic record of her morning...then she's had the worst luck of anyone ever on this planet.

I mean, she remembered everything before Kyron went missing. She remembered that she parted with him about 150 feet from his class, waved to him, and that she left about 9:45. She remembered everything until he went missing...that short time after she waved to him, turned around and went on her way. Funny that...because even if Kyron was taken by someone else and went missing at 9:46 while Terri went about her normal everyday morning...as far as Terri was concerned, Kyron was not missing until 3:30 that afternoon when he failed to get off the bus.

If she's innocent, her timeline is: everything was normal until 3:30. WHY then, before knowing exactly WHEN Kyron was missing, would she have such problems remembering what happened after she dropped Kyron off? She remembered everything before 9:45. Why so many issues remembering afer then...remember, from 9:45 until 3:30, as far as Terri was concerned, Kryon was at school...

So why does she remember before school, but not between school and picking him up at the bus???

HINKY.

I was raped by a school guidance counsellor when I was 12 years old. It was toward the end of the school day and I only had one class before the day was done.

Before the rape, I can only assume it was an ordinary school day; I do not remember.

For various reasons, I was desperate to keep what had happened to me a secret.

That evening, I was unable to remember what homework I had, so I couldn't do it. That was extremely unusual for me, I always did my homework! I remember sitting there at the dining room table with the rest of my family, staring at my books and notebooks and not able to remember anything about my day before the rape.

All I can say is that, based on my life experience, I believe that different people's memories function in very different ways.

I was raped by a school guidance counsellor when I was 12 years old. It was toward the end of the school day and I only had one class before the day was done.

Before the rape, I can only assume it was an ordinary school day; I do not remember.

That evening, I was unable to remember what homework I had, so I couldn't do it. That was extremely unusual for me, I always did my homework! I remember sitting there at the dining room table with the rest of my family, staring at my books and notebooks and not able to remember anything about my day before the rape.

All I can say is that, based on my life experience, I believe that different people's memories function in very different ways.

Sorry to hear about that terrible event. I hope justice was served. And you're right of the effect of trauma on memory.

(((GrainneDhu))), I'm so sorry you went through that!

You're right about traumatic memories too.

Sorry to hear about that terrible event. I hope justice was served. And you're right of the effect of trauma on memory.

Eventually but not through my doing.

One of the things that has been fascinating to me about WebSleuths is the huge variety in people's experiences. People who have gone through similar experiences have very different reactions.

Just goes to prove that we're all different, I guess.

Do you think they ever found anything useful out of the surveillance videos?

Do you think they ever found anything useful out of the surveillance videos?

That'd be anybody's guess, IMO. If TH parked at the very rear of the two FM parking lots (as the LE presser *seemed* to imply), LE might have determined TH parked, exited and re-entered the vehicle. In that case, too, LE would know when that happened and if baby K was with her. Other than that, given the distance from the store and the darkened windows in the truck, doubt LE could see much more.

BTW: It's pretty much bogus that one can take a *typical* parking lot/store/traffic/ATM surveillance camera image, magnify it by several million percent and see a recognizable object/person. Using DoD cameras/technology? Probably. Using Secret Service expertise (they're the computer geeks who were on this case from the got-go)? ... Sure, within reason. BUT the images need have a basic resolution to begin with in order to “zoom” in and make details recognizable. No algorithm is going to completely clean up the pixilation resulting from a relatively low-rez video or photo.

That useless bit of info aside, I've always wondered why the June 3 and June 4 Albertson's surveillance video came "into play." Any takers?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back