Susan Atkins wants out of jail to die...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess since she wont probalby be able to get out of bed and murder anyone else they would consider it, but I still dont think that just because she is sick now that she deserves to be released. Her sentence wasnt life without parole unless you get a deadly illness. Im not a cold heartless person, I just dont think she should get sympathy now that she knows what it feels like to know you are going to die.

How would you feel if all the family members of the people she harmed said - "sure - no problem, release her"?

I ask this because your post supposes that this decision might be clouded and driven by her impending death. I presuppose that it is clouded and drive by what people would want done in this circumstance if they were related to the people she harmed.

Im sorry South I didnt see this before....

IF the people that were most impacted by the inmates actions...meaning the family members who are the victims of the crime also.....were in favor of releasing the person, then I think that should carry a lot of weight. Whatever would give them closure and healing should be the primary thing.

I guess since she wont probalby be able to get out of bed and murder anyone else they would consider it, but I still dont think that just because she is sick now that she deserves to be released. Her sentence wasnt life without parole unless you get a deadly illness. Im not a cold heartless person, I just dont think she should get sympathy now that she knows what it feels like to know you are going to die.

I agree with you Amanda.

The LAST thing that should be considered here is what Atkins wants or doesnt want. The FIRST thing that should be considered is what do the families of the victims want.

IF Atkins only realized it this is a great opportunity for her to bow to the wishes of the families that she robbed of their loved ones. She should volunteer to stay in jail. She will still have her family with her. She will still have Drs and pain meds and all the things that she would have on the outside.

I doubt she would EVER do that though - she seems to be pretty preoccupied with her own rights and not so much the rights of others.

I can't even believe this could be a reality.
This wasn't a case of an accident, manslaughter, vehicular manslaughter, self-defense or anything.

She savagely MURDERED a pregnant woman.

If that doesn't scream "rot in jail until you die", I don't know what does.

I wouldn't want to die in prison either. But we don't always get what we want. Especially when we kill others.

I dont feel sorry for her at all. This just goes to show that what goes around comes around. Her victimes died a horrible death and now so will she. What makes her think she is so special that anyone should show her mercy when she showed her victims none.

You've used a little stronger vocabulary than I might have, but I agree with you, Amanda. She is serving out a sentence that she EARNED in the most horrible way. Sharon Tate did not have the option to die quietly, on morphene, surrounded by her loved ones.

I am sorry this woman made the choices she made, but I am grateful she was caught, tried and convicted. And her crimes were SO horrendous that I do not believe the justice system needs to be concerned with showing her mercy. The mercy is that she did not die in the gas chamber or sitting in an electric chair. She should be satisfied with that.

SNIP

Sincere condolences to you, with wishes that your grief eases with each year ahead.

ETA: Each DAY...I was thinking year since it's Father's Day tomorrow...sorry.
Shana,
My condolences to you also.
I don't want to take this thread off topic talking about my parents so a heartfelt thank you for your sweet reply. :blowkiss:

Acutally, I think Susan was one of the girls that folks felt would have been a violent criminal on her own without Manson's guidance. I may be wrong on that, but I remember toward the end of Helter Skelter they were "analyzing" the various defendants and I thought they felt Susan had potential even before she met up with Manson. Certainly he steered her in the ultimate direction, but she wasn't a church going innocent when they met.

As to letting her out, I have mixed feelings on that. Where do you draw the line? Actually, a lot of hospices only provide comfort measures and pain management. You're not on IVs and such to continue "life", so she probably has as good care right now as anywhere. Let family be with them liberally and maybe that's enough.

Acutally, I think Susan was one of the girls that folks felt would have been a violent criminal on her own without Manson's guidance. I may be wrong on that, but I remember toward the end of Helter Skelter they were "analyzing" the various defendants and I thought they felt Susan had potential even before she met up with Manson. Certainly he steered her in the ultimate direction, but she wasn't a church going innocent when they met.

As to letting her out, I have mixed feelings on that. Where do you draw the line? Actually, a lot of hospices only provide comfort measures and pain management. You're not on IVs and such to continue "life", so she probably has as good care right now as anywhere. Let family be with them liberally and maybe that's enough.
Malpoo, I remember reading that in Helter Skelter about Susan Adkins being more of a threat than the others.

I agree with your last paragraph, my exact sentiments are stated in your last couple of sentences.

Im sorry South I didnt see this before....

IF the people that were most impacted by the inmates actions...meaning the family members who are the victims of the crime also.....were in favor of releasing the person, then I think that should carry a lot of weight. Whatever would give them closure and healing should be the primary thing.

Thanks, Glow.

Yes, it sounds like - just reading through this thread - most folks are interested that those harmed most personally by the crime have a large say. And what people might or might not want to happen with Susan's request is influenced by their own thoughts of "what would I want if this were a family member of mine?"

I won't debate what happens to SA here, she's not worth my effort, or finger strokes.

The fact that's she's probably receiving better care than the average Cancer patient without Health Insurace receives just 'gags' me!

I'd ship her to an isolated area with NO medical attention to 'ease' her pain myself. Or, better yet, put her in the cell with her honey Charlie and let him take care of her.

Interesting that you would say that. I was younger then and didnt pay attention to all the press. All I know is when I cover her lower face with my hand(in the pic of her in the original link) and just look at her eyes I see a lot of anger. The world is better off without her...........even though she painted some pretty flowers :rolleyes:

I hope her death brings closure to all the grieving families she created.

The only reason these women are still in jail is because this is "Manson".
With the exception of the one who tried to kill the President, the others should have been released long ago.
WOW! Uh no.. They KILLED someone. they are where they belong

Actually, after the State Supreme Court struck down Capital Punishment in 1972, she got 7 years to life with the possibility of parole.

I am of the minority opinion that she should be given a compassionate release. She has been in the hospital since March 17, almost 4 months. By the time the hearing is held, if she lives that long, she will have been in the hospital for 5 months. And, according to her husband, she likely will remain hospitalized even if she is given a release. She is very ill.

With the exception of Manson, Tex Watson, and possibly Squeaky because she is certified mentally ill, I believe all the others should be paroled.

That's just my opinion.
Why do you believe they should be paroled? It's so shocking to me that anyone would think that

How many years has she served?
How many times has she been denied early release?
She is dying...what could it hurt to allow her to die at home?
She doesn't want out to drink, do drugs, have sex and kill again.
She simply wants to die at home.

How about the victim that simply wanted to be a mommy?

No, No, I love us discussing this. :) I sincerely mean that. Maybe it's my age, maybe it's my emotions today that make me feel this way. Don't get me wrong, I am glad Atkins served time. I do however feel a little compassion for her because she is dying.

She has no children, maybe no loved ones at all. I wish she could die at home with someone who cares about her.

she has a husband was able to read news papers ext.. More then her victim was allowed to do in the last 30 or so years. how about the baby? The baby never got a first birthday party. Never seen santa, never had a first date ect.

How about the victim that simply wanted to be a mommy?
trinasangels,
Since you quoted 3 of my post, just scroll back and read ALL my post on this subject.
I'm not repeating them for obvious reasons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc
Back