Susan Atkins wants out of jail to die...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
trinasangels,
Since you quoted 3 of my post, just scroll back and read ALL my post on this subject.
I'm not repeating them for obvious reasons.

I've read them . The fact stands she may want to die at home when her victim BEGGED for her life and BEGGED for her child's life. She is scum and should die in prision with guards around her

I've read them . The fact stands she may want to die at home when her victim BEGGED for her life and BEGGED for her child's life. She is scum and should die in prision with guards around her
...and that's your opinion.
I stated mine and clearly said that my post were my opinion.

Here's my compassion for her...put her out of her misery.

:boohoo:

So, in a few years if Charles Manson contracts some horrible disease, do we consider letting him out too ?? After all, he is just a little guy-- and an old one too, who could he hurt ??

Very well said!!! Where do you draw the line? On a case by case basis of the whole Manson family, she would be the last female I would let out!! No compassion here.

So, in a few years if Charles Manson contracts some horrible disease, do we consider letting him out too ?? After all, he is just a little guy-- and an old one too, who could he hurt ??

Very well said!!! Where do you draw the line? On a case by case basis of the whole Manson family, she would be the last female I would let out!! No compassion here.
Off topic..but does anyone else notice how wild his eyes look? He always looks sooo out of it!!!

Well now, Watson leads a ministry now and if you read his writing, it sounds pretty good. He may be faking it, but he's been very consistent for years. If it's an act, then Susan's repenting could be as well. I may be wrong, but I believe Watson has either been face to face or communicated with family of at least one victim at his request to apologise. It's tough to know who is sincere and who is not.

I agree with you Michelle...let the B*TCH rot and die in jail. At LEAST she got to live...which is more than her victim Sharon Tate got to do. I have no compassion for her what so ever! :furious:

My thoughts exactly!!!

There's alot of hate being spewed in this thread. I agree with SCM on this one.

Yeah I doubt anyone would be saying 30 years is enough time served if it was their relative that was brutally murdered. No time is enough for what they did to those people. They are getting exactly what they deserve.

Yeah I doubt anyone would be saying 30 years is enough time served if it was their relative that was brutally murdered. No time is enough for what they did to those people. They are getting exactly what they deserve.

Actually, I read about forgiving stances like this often enough to know that it's not a rarity or a fluke - it's just another facet of crime and punishment. I'm happy to post links to such stories, but that's truly not the point.

People grieve and process differently when they are impacted personally by violence. The voices of those closest to the crime (whatever those voices may say) must be heard and considered in the face of a request like Susan Atkins's.

My point is I have time and time again seen people post angry that convicted people have gotten off early, what makes this different? Because she is sick, well thats just how life is. There are plenty of people who are sick in jail that dont mean they should all be released. But I do understand that if the families of the victims are willing to agree to it then thats all that really matters. I just personally think its not right. They were given a sentence and should serve it no matter what.

My point is I have time and time again seen people post angry that convicted people have gotten off early, what makes this different? Because she is sick, well thats just how life is. There are plenty of people who are sick in jail that dont mean they should all be released. But I do understand that if the families of the victims are willing to agree to it then thats all that really matters. I just personally think its not right. They were given a sentence and should serve it no matter what.

I understand what you're saying. I have to disagree in that what the family of the victims thinks should be considered, but not the final say. The sentence this convict was given was "death." Unfortunately, that law was overturned. Since her sentence was switched to "life without," I agree 100% with you that she should serve that sentence. Her being sick doesn't matter in the least.:)

i can find it in my heart to be compassionate for some crimes, but not this one.( if a girl kills because some girl stole her boyfriend, serves a good time and then asks for parole for whatever reason, i can go with that.) this crime was horrendous, and atkins played the 'i got religion' ploy, which sets my teeth on edge.

as i understand it, she is not in prison now, she is at a hospital. she got married in prison, i assume she had conjugal visits, she had more than most prisoners have.

i wouldnt wish anyone a painful death, even this woman. but freedom is a whole 'nother thing.

Ah, but that's not what happened. When she was sentenced the choices were death or life imprisonment - LWOP was not an option at the time. When the death sentence was invalidated she was given the only other sentence available - life, which has the possibility of parole. That's why the Manson convicts keep coming up for real-life parole when they all should have gotten "pine box parole" years ago.

So now some folks take the position that since she was given the chance of parole she should be let out.

You're right, my bad!!!!!! LWOP was not an option at that time.

That's a good point. Piggybacking on it, I'd like to re-ask a question that Glow answered a few pages back and others have touch on in their responses:

If those closest to the victims in this case said, "No problem - grant Susan's request and release her - we are fine with it" would y'all be comfortable granting a compassionate release? I'm very interested in people's thoughts about that.

There is the crime as experienced so personally by the people who were harmed and those closest to them - that type of victimization is more "obvious". And the there is the crime as it relates to the collective we in a free society who are also harmed - left scared and suspicious, burdened and repulsed by the horror of it. Should she stay in so "we" can see "justice" to the bitter end - or would the family's desires trump society's desires?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc
Back