Susan Atkins wants out of jail to die...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I visited Atkins website, which I believe is put up by her husband, and her attorney?

It is an interesting site, but unfortunate that her crimes are never addressed by her. No pulbic apology or anything..

That said, she has accomplished so many good things in prison. She has been a model prisoner, and has helped many people.

This from her contact page:

I find the bolded part offensive!!! WTF????? As if people should not be interested in the victims, and the havoc she wrought on them?? And why on earth wont she discuss her offenses?? To me, that would be a sign of repentance.

The site is bs and managed by her husband/attorney. Again, I say it is to elevate himself.

I am sure he married her to capitalize on her infamy vs. any real relationship as most of the people who attach themselves to high profile cases. Basically, it is a low self esteem and marrying someone who is detested by society elevates them as not quite as being so low.

On another note, I think that the injustice we see requires us to seek justice when and where we can. The Lord will have the final say, of course, but as free will individuals we have to be able to speak up.

If we don't, then society becomes unmanageable and lays helpless to every criminal who wants their way.

As sad as it is to die of a terrible disease it doesn't take away the crimes before the disease took over.

Too many are dying of illness that never hurt a fly and I don't think that is karma for the illness befallen. If it is then that becomes unmanageable too.
GREAT post. In fact...I vote for this to be the post of the day!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

What I can't find right now <g> is the name of Susan's former husband. The current is apparently #2. :-o

A site with massive info on case:

http://www.charliemanson.com/

Her first husband was named Donald Lee Laisure, he was a Texan who I believe portrayed himself as quite wealthy but he wasn't, he also was married many many times and seemed to just want to use Susan as another bride notch on his belt.

VB

Her first husband was named Donald Lee Laisure, he was a Texan who I believe portrayed himself as quite wealthy but he wasn't, he also was married many many times and seemed to just want to use Susan as another bride notch on his belt.VB

Thank you very much, VB!

I've been reading so many sites on case in the past days since this issue arose...a visit into my past I'd sooner forget like it never happened, but of course cannot. :-/

I am sure he married her to capitalize on her infamy vs. any real relationship as most of the people who attach themselves to high profile cases. Basically, it is a low self esteem and marrying someone who is detested by society elevates them as not quite as being so low.

On another note, I think that the injustice we see requires us to seek justice when and where we can. The Lord will have the final say, of course, but as free will individuals we have to be able to speak up.

If we don't, then society becomes unmanageable and lays helpless to every criminal who wants their way.

As sad as it is to die of a terrible disease it doesn't take away the crimes before the disease took over.

Too many are dying of illness that never hurt a fly and I don't think that is karma for the illness befallen. If it is then that becomes unmanageable too.

Concernedperson -my bolded statement. I agree that the illness does not stem from "karma." I think the point was that because of Susan's crimes against society it was her "karma to die in prison" regardless of why she died. Not that she get a horrible disease.

And I agree with your other comments, adding only that we, as a society, not only seek justice but must protect ourselves against further harm.

Salem

In light of this thread I was stunned to learn yesterday that former 'Family' Member Steve "Clem" Grogan was on the streets after serving 15 years.
He was a participant in the murder of Spahn Ranch Cowboy Shorty Shea and accompanied the recon crew on the night of the Murder of Leno and Rosemary Labianca.
Prior to his association with the the Family he had prior arrests for exposing himself to kindergarten aged children.
It seems Clem now lives in the Bay Area of San Francisco and performs with a touring retro Jazz/Swing band called Rythmtown something or other.
Apparently he's completed his parole and is a free man.
Last I heard Shorty Shea is still dead.

In light of this thread I was stunned to learn yeaterday that former 'Family' Member Steve "Clem" Grogan was on the streets after serving 15 years.
He was a participant in the murder of Spahn Ranch Cowboy Shorty Shea and accompanied the recon crew on the night of the Murder of Leno and Rosemary Labianca.
Prior to his association with the the Family he had prior arrests for exposing himself to kindergarten aged children.
It seems Clem now lives in the Bay Area of San Francisco and performs with a touring retro Jazz/Swing band called Rythmtown something or other.
Apparently he's completed his parole and is a free man.
Last I heard Shorty Shea is still dead.

Greeeaaaat!:doh: Just what I didn't need to hear! Did it say where in the Bay Area he was? Now I'll have to keep an eye out for him!:eek:

I dont know exactly where.
In the one picture it showed he bore a Striking resemblance to how actor Jeff Daniels looks now.:confused:
Reportedly His band is suing the Blogger who blew the whistle on his being a member of the groupFor 'Potential Loss of Income' or some such nonsense .
Big surprise 'Ol Clem is using an alias.
Reportedly a few members of this band quit when he joined.
Musicians are sooo touchy.

Recently, I have been reading about people with cancer that cannot afford treatment. I have been sick and spent thousands of my savings for tests, drs, and meds. I cannot work due to my illness and don't qualify for assistance because I will not spend the last few dollars of my savings. I have to have money to pay rent and live on. It will be gone soon.
Why should a murderer be let out of prison to die when our neighbors cannot even get treatment?

The name of the band is Rhythmtown Jive and either 'Ol Steve is no longer with the band, or he's been eliminated from their promo. They have a myspace site and his alias (Adam Gabriel) is not listed as one of the members.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=116687664

Also, their old web site was taken down, and a new one has appeared.
http://www.rhythmtown-jive.com/
He is not listed as a player there, either.

Since we have a music store, it was easy to get into the catalogue and look at album credits. He's listed as a guitar player on only one. The other two albums list Bill Campbell and Anthony Paul as the guitarists.

I actually saw this band one year at the Sacramento Jazz Jubilee. They were really good, but I don't remember who was on guitar then.

The name of the band is Rhythmtown Jive and either 'Ol Steve is no longer with the band, or he's been eliminated from their promo. They have a myspace site and his alias (Adam Gabriel) is not listed as one of the members.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=116687664

Also, their old web site was taken down, and a new one has appeared.
http://www.rhythmtown-jive.com/
He is not listed as a player there, either.

Since we have a music store, it was easy to get into the catalogue and look at album credits. He's listed as a guitar player on only one. The other two albums list Bill Campbell and Anthony Paul as the guitarists.

I actually saw this band one year at the Sacramento Jazz Jubilee. They were really good, but I don't remember who was on guitar then.
Perhaps he's moved on to other musical venues.
I did some more reading I guess he's been out since 1985(cant believe I didnt know about it.)
I guess part of a deal he struck was to lead authorities to the remains of Shorty Shea.It had widely been reported that Clem had personally decapitated Shorty but recovery of the remains indicated that in fact that had not occured.
By all accounts he's straightened himself out.
Which the fact that he has stayed out of trouble all these years would seem to indicate is true.
He was only 17 in 1969.
Im not one to make excuses for any of the Family members believe me,but I cant help but recall the likes of Geraldo or Dianne Sawyer interviewing Manson and you could tell they were frightend of him,it was obvious.
And that was Manson in his late 50's chained to the floor with correctional officers just off camera.
Imagine being 17 or 20 alone with a 35 year old Manson up some canyon in Death Valley.Whether your stupid decisions put you there or not.

The CA Parole Board is investigating her request and it will be heard at next scheduled pulic meeting on July 15. I'd assume they'll probably issue their answer to her request then, which likely will be "No."

Good! Thank you for posting this, I was thinking about Susan the other day and wondering if she was dead yet.

VB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheeseghost22
Back