Susan Atkins wants out of jail to die...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How sad.

You all know I am pretty much heartless when it comes to murderers (and others) but I just have great pity for the "Manson women". If the name Manson was not used before her name she would be out.

(FLAME AWAY!):thumb:

Dont worry, I dont think you will get flamed here. Flaming is a last resort when a persons got nothing reasonable to say . Every poster here has added an intellectual post even if viewpoints vary.

I picked your post to respond to because what you said interested me.

For me personally, I never think of her as that "manson woman" and if I did it would add sympathy to my view rather than harshness. I would perhaps think maybe she was young and mislead by a "crazy" man..... that makes her look more deserving of my sympathy, not less.

But as I said I really dont view her in that light. In my mind what I see was the two women in the situation - Atkins and Sharon - a woman 9 months pregnant with a new life obviously right there between them. What does Atkins do? She plunges a knife into that belly, tastes the blood that results, even writes on a wall with it. BIG letters at that. That required a constant going back and re dipping her fingers in that blood again and again. If there was ever an example of a woman who betrayed her own "sister hood" then Atkins is it.

No amount of "little girl lost just following demented psycho man" weighs out against "stronger woman turns on more helpless woman" to me.

The only thing that could have perhaps mitigated the heinous acts of Atkins would have been if she had used every moment she had after that event to let the world and the living family members of her victims know how very sorry she was.

When it came to that she has been very quiet and low key. Ok. So now her own death is imminent. Remain quiet and low key about that Atkins. That would be my best advice to her.

Because she is rapidly running out of time to demonstrate that she has even a modicum of class. :rolleyes:

Dont worry, I dont think you will get flamed here. Flaming is a last resort when a persons got nothing reasonable to say . Every poster here has added an intellectual post even if viewpoints vary.

For me personally, I never think of her as that "manson woman" and if I did it would add sympathy to my view rather than harshness. I would perhaps think maybe she was young and mislead by a "crazy" man..... that makes her look more deserving of my sympathy, not less.

But as I said I really dont view her in that light. In my mind what I see was the two women in the situation - Atkins and Sharon - a woman 9 months pregnant with a new life obviously right there between them. What does Atkins do? She plunges a knife into that belly, tastes the blood that results, even writes on a wall with it. BIG letters at that. That required a constant going back and re dipping her fingers in that blood again and again. If there was ever an example of a woman who betrayed her own "sister hood" then Atkins is it.

No amount of "little girl lost just following demented psycho man" weighs out against "stronger woman turns on more helpless woman" to me.

The only thing that could have perhaps mitigated the heinous acts of Atkins would have been if she had used every moment she had after that event to let the world and the living family members of her victims know how very sorry she was.

When it came to that she has been very quiet and low key. Ok. So now her own death is imminent. Remain quiet and low key about that Atkins. That would be my best advice to her.

Because she is rapidly running out of time to demonstrate that she has even a modicum of class. :rolleyes:

Wow excellent post!:clap::clap::clap: I think she deserves to stay right where she is for all of the reasons you listed. She is still getting a much better death than Sharon Tate and her poor little baby got.

GLow, excellent post.

Atkins use to have a website where she would change her involvment in the murders on a regular basis. As time went on her involvement diminished of course. Pretty soon she wanted us to believe she really didn't do anything. It was laughable.

She also claimed she had "found God" (what a surprise) and was helping her fellow inmates learn about God. Don't know how much I would want Atkins to teach me about God. Can't imagine she is really well versed in the subject.

I read once that Atkins and Patricia Krenwinkel both had dangerous personality disorders. The only one who did not was Leslie Van Houten.

The only logical reason to release her is the cost to society, as in money, to keep her. That is the argument that people who want her out are taking now.

GLow, excellent post.

Atkins use to have a website where she would change her involvment in the murders on a regular basis. As time went on her involvement diminished of course. Pretty soon she wanted us to believe she really didn't do anything. It was laughable.

She also claimed she had "found God" (what a surprise) and was helping her fellow inmates learn about God. Don't know how much I would want Atkins to teach me about God. Can't imagine she is really well versed in the subject.

I read once that Atkins and Patricia Krenwinkel both had dangerous personality disorders. The only one who did not was Leslie Van Houten.

The only logical reason to release her is the cost to society, as in money, to keep her. That is the argument that people who want her out are taking now.

I read in this morning's article that it was her husband who wanted her released.:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

How sad.

You all know I am pretty much heartless when it comes to murderers (and others) but I just have great pity for the "Manson women". If the name Manson was not used before her name she would be out.

(FLAME AWAY!):thumb:
yes bc if she didnt have the Manson last name she would not of been a killer..yup yup........

I know that song...I LOVE the Wizard Of Oz!!!

Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!
Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.
Wake up - sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed.
Wake up, the Wicked Witch is dead. She's gone where the goblins go,
Below - below - below. Yo-ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out.
Ding Dong' the merry-oh, sing it high, sing it low.
Let them know
The Wicked Witch is dead!
Mayor
As Mayor of the Munchkin City, In the County of the Land of Oz, I welcome you most regally.
Barrister
But we've got to verify it legally, to see
Mayor
To see?
Barrister
If she
Mayor
If she?
Barrister
Is morally, ethic'lly
Father No.1
Spiritually, physically
Father No. 2
Positively, absolutely
Munchkins
Undeniably and reliably Dead
Coroner
As Coroner I must aver, I thoroughly examined her.
And she's not only merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead.
Mayor
Then this is a day of Independence For all the Munchkins and their descendants
Barrister
If any.
Mayor
Yes, let the joyous news be spread The wicked Old Witch at last id dead!
Thats the one:)

Excellent post, Glow.

She got the decision she deserved. Had she spent those years when she was not ill, making some effort to take responsibility for her acts and express remorse (which she never did up until her first parole hearing) the decision might have been different today.

She reminds me of Karla Faye Tucker. She, too, committed a heinous murder while a drug addict and in the company of her druggie crazy boyfriend. She found religion in prison, and asked to be pardoned from her death row sentence in Texas because "she was a changed person." I won't go into the details of the crime, but like Susan Atkins, she made shocking comments about the very shocking way she killed her female victim.

She was executed.

Atkins is fortunate in many ways to not be facing a state execution or worse, the same fate her victims had, begging for their lives in terror, watching each other die.

Excellent post, Glow.

She got the decision she deserved. Had she spent those years when she was not ill, making some effort to take responsibility for her acts and express remorse (which she never did up until her first parole hearing) the decision might have been different today.

She reminds me of Karla Faye Tucker. She, too, committed a heinous murder while a drug addict and in the company of her druggie crazy boyfriend. She found religion in prison, and asked to be pardoned from her death row sentence in Texas because "she was a changed person." I won't go into the details of the crime, but like Susan Atkins, she made shocking comments about the very shocking way she killed her female victim.

She was executed.

Atkins is fortunate in many ways to not be facing a state execution or worse, the same fate her victims had, begging for their lives in terror, watching each other die.

I know Karla Faye used a pick axe.:eek::eek::eek:

Personally, I think she has gotten much more compassion than she deserves. She didn't have to face the death penalty and she's in the hospital getting medical care. That's more than I would give, and definitely much more than she afforded Sharon Tate or her baby. If she hadn't met Manson she might not have been involved in killing Sharon Tate but I still believe there was something missing in her. I mean, she followed him didn't she?

Personally, I think she has gotten much more compassion than she deserves. She didn't have to face the death penalty and she's in the hospital getting medical care. That's more than I would give, and definitely much more than she afforded Sharon Tate or her baby. If she hadn't met Manson she might not have been involved in killing Sharon Tate but I still believe there was something missing in her. I mean, she followed him didn't she?
:clap:She has gotten compassion, I agree.

I am a big fan of being merciful and all, but we have to keep in mind - they are not leaving her to die like a dog in the streets, she is hospitalized and is being kept very comfortable. The only thing being withheld from her is the ability to choose where to die. She gave up that right when she murdered Sharon Tait. Every mercy is being extended to her.

imho

I just went on the Helter Skelter Tour this past Saturday with 12 of my cousins and aunts. The house has been torn down and there is a bigger much more beautiful house there now and some producer lives in it. The tour guide said Sharon Tate was not stabbed in the stomach at all. I was surprised at that. She had a rope around her neck as well as Jay Sebring and they were tied tigether but laying very far apart on the floor. Blood tests showed thier blood actually outside on the porch and front stoop and cops theorized the "Family" wanted to hang Sharon up at the front of the house as if on display and never knew why they didn't. (It was a LOT of blood).The baby was a boy. He is buried with Sharon in her arms. There is a drug angle to this story that doesn't get made much of .Some people in the know actually think it started with a drug deal gone wrong where Charlie got burned by someone staying in that house that night. Not Sharon or Jay. One of Polanskis friends, I can't remember his name now. This was not a random house, it was targeted. This evil woman could and should start talking since there is way more left to say. There are still things not known about these murders[/B]. If she wanted to she could tell all. I guess so far she hasn't and probably never will now. She just wants something for nothing. Compassionate release my *advertiser censored*. IMO she should be glad they kept her in prison. She's getting better health care than I would in her situation. She can't die soon enough to suit me. I hope she burns in hell.

I think this was a good and just decision. She was not in need of any further mercy. She is receiving the appropriate care. Having her request for compassionate release denied should bring home to her the fact that she is being punished for the rest of her life for her crimes. She will die imprisoned, as she should be.

I am thankful for this decision - I am sure it would be painful for the relatives of her victims to stomach any kind of compassionate release.

imho
And that is what this has always been about. The victims.

I do not doubt that Atkins turned her life around, and did good in prison. I believe she did.. but honestly, that is not relevant. She is where she belongs, and her death, in prison, is the right thing.

I was looking around at the Ca Dept of Corrections and Rehabilitation and Susan Atkins is up for another parole hearing on 9/2/09 at 1:30 pm.
Didn't her lawyer/husband say at the last parole hearing she would be dead in months? I knew he was lying!
Here's a link to the Sept parole hearings. Susan is listed under the Central California Women's Facility.
http://www.cdcr.ca.gov/Divisions_Boards/BOPH/docs/hearing_sched_0909.pdf
Why isn't this being reported by the media I wonder? Will it go unnoticed and out she goes?

I was looking around at the Ca Dept of Corrections and Rehabilitation and Susan Atkins is up for another parole hearing on 9/2/09 at 1:30 pm.
Didn't her lawyer/husband say at the last parole hearing she would be dead in months? I knew he was lying!
Here's a link to the Sept parole hearings. Susan is listed under the Central California Women's Facility.
Why isn't this being reported by the media I wonder? Will it go unnoticed and out she goes?

Holy chitcicle. Has she always been at Chowcilla? I used to go there and visit a friend and saw Ellie Nessler there but didn't know about SA being there.

Sure enough, she's alive and will be up for parole on Tuesday. Wow.

Holy chitcicle. Has she always been at Chowcilla? I used to go there and visit a friend and saw Ellie Nessler there but didn't know about SA being there.

Sure enough, she's alive and will be up for parole on Tuesday. Wow.

I thought she was down here in Corona, CA in Riverside County then transferred to a Medical Facility.
In early 2008 Atkins was diagnosed with brain cancer. With one leg amputated and the other paralyzed, Atkins has only six months to live, doctors say as of June 2009.

I thought they said she had three months to live 14 months ago.

JMO, but let her die where she belongs - in prison. This would set a dangerous precedent, imo.

That's okay that she's not getting out. It brings to mind the phrase from the great Rolling Stones' song:"you can't always get what you want...."

Too bad Susan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ND84
Back