Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I'm not entirely sure but I think there were TWO red Dodges on that 2011 Baja trip. I remember seeing a red Dodge with a trailer pulling a Cobra or similar bodied car (it's a 'Vette!) in fb photos of that trip. There is definitely a red Dodge pulling that massive black trailer in other photos so 2 trucks? JMO MOO
can't link to this info.

wow thanks greenthumb

looks like all the toys including photo shoot props could go bye bye

OK I'm not entirely sure but I think there were TWO red Dodges on that 2011 Baja trip. I remember seeing a red Dodge with a trailer pulling a Cobra or similar bodied car (it's a 'Vette!) in fb photos of that trip. There is definitely a red Dodge pulling that massive black trailer in other photos so 2 trucks? JMO MOO
can't link to this info.

I just went and looked at them....I wonder if they just snapped the pic of the vehicle that they just happened to be following. Perhaps the "burnt vette" caught their eye. Can you read the trailer plates....are they from Montana???

wow thanks greenthumb

looks like all the toys including photo shoot props could go bye bye
I wonder what the criteria is for seizing a particular property? IMO they would have to say it was acquired with money obtained by criminal activity or was housing illegal activity. The planes and some of the property-I would think the ones inherited would be protected- no? Guess it depends on exactly how big the chop shop was and how long it was going on for.

It was.

A Toronto man had arrangements to meet Dellen Millard but missed a phone call about a test drive of his Dodge Ram 3500, Const. Debbie McGreal confirmed.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3...illard-about-dodge-ram-test-drive-police-say/

Has the name DM used when he called people regarding the test drives, been released? It's not likely he used his own, as he used a throwaway phone so he couldn't be tracked.

If people knew what name he went by, it might trigger a response for other incidences where he has called strangers advertising various items.

So are they denying or have no knowledge of a fourth person called about a truck?

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3...illard-about-dodge-ram-test-drive-police-say/

"There were at least four test drives of similar trucks," the source said.

McGreal said police are not aware of a fourth test drive.

We only know that 2 test drives happened. The 3rd one was not actually a test drive as the seller slept through the call. Perhaps the 4th truck did go on a test drive, which would only make 3 test drives. JMO

I wonder what the criteria is for seizing a particular property? IMO they would have to say it was acquired with money obtained by criminal activity or was housing illegal activity. The planes and some of the property-I would think the ones inherited would be protected- no? Guess it depends on exactly how big the chop shop was and how long it was going on for.

http://www.cp24.com/news/cellphone-in-bosma-case-used-to-call-third-man-1.1311889

Kavanagh told CP24 that police are working on an “asset forfeiture” aspect of the case.

In Ontario, forfeiture can fall under the Civil Remedies Act 2001, which does not require criminal charges or conviction - the standard of proof is lower than in a criminal case as with all civil suits, i.e. the balance of probabilities. If LE is working on forfeiture at this point, I think it must be under this legislation since criminal asset forfeiture generally follows after a conviction.

Link - http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/about/pubs/20070824_CRIA_Update.pdf

http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/about/pubs/20070824_CRIA_Update.pdf

There are three types of civil cases that the Attorney General of Ontario can
bring under the Civil Remedies Act:
• In a proceeds case, the Attorney General must establish that property
was acquired as the result of unlawful activity. If proven, this property
may be forfeited to the Crown by an order of the Ontario Superior Court of
Justice.
• In an instruments case, the Attorney General must establish that the
property in question is likely to be used to engage in unlawful activity that
could result in the acquisition of other property, including money, or in
serious bodily harm to any person. Where the Attorney General
establishes that the property is an instrument, often from past use of the
property in an unlawful activity, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice may
order that the property be forfeited to the Crown.

• In a conspiracy case, the Attorney General must establish that two or
more people conspired to engage in unlawful activity where they knew or
ought to have known that the activity would likely result in injury to the
public. The Ontario Superior Court of Justice may award damages for that
injury or issue preventive orders.

BBM

Very interesting - wonder if the 'chop shop' hangar is on LE's list?

Also from same link -
The Superior Court of Justice must approve all steps in a civil forfeiture
proceeding under the act. The Civil Remedies Act authorizes the court to order
the preservation of money or property to prevent it from being sold or mortgaged.

So perhaps LE is just trying to prevent sale of some of DM's assets, including hangar?

Has the name DM used when he called people regarding the test drives, been released? It's not likely he used his own, as he used a throwaway phone so he couldn't be tracked.

If people knew what name he went by, it might trigger a response for other incidences where he has called strangers advertising various items.

It doesn't give us much detail, but I assume he would have used an alias or the dumbest criminal award goes to...... He could have left a message with the alias name and LE confirmed it was his voice/phone#.

It doesn't give us much detail, but I assume he would have used an alias or the dumbest criminal award goes to...... He could have left a message with the alias name and LE confirmed it was his voice/phone#.

lol...well I wouldn't be surprised. Pretty stupid to keep the burner phone for so long, wasn't it purchased 3 months ago?

I sure hope that TB's family can file a civil suit right away regardless of how long the trial will take. OJ was found not guilty yet the family of Nichole was awarded millions in damages. With the evidence they have, maybe she can proceed to lock up his other assets before he files for bankruptcy. Question... if she does file a claim for pain and suffering damages, does this immediately lock up the rest of his assets. I hope she can wrap her head around doing this, if only for the little girls future but I think she should hire a civil attorney right away. JMO

Also from same link -

The Superior Court of Justice must approve all steps in a civil forfeiture
proceeding under the act. The Civil Remedies Act authorizes the court to order the preservation of money or property to prevent it from being sold or mortgaged.

So perhaps LE is just trying to prevent sale of some of DM's assets, including hangar?

Not sure about this: if Ontario follows Civil forfeiture of other provinces, the 'preservation' order or orders is (are) are directed at the court-appointed administrator of the property. This step is usually taken to protect the original holder or holders in case the property is later ordered to be restored.

When the forfeiture order is written up by a judge, the original proprietor(s) can do nothing with the property. It has been seized and/or held.

So if the hangar is seized under the Civil Remedies Act it cannot be sold or transfered. I think you are right about the motive for LE in doing this. It is clear that DM will try to 'unload' as much as he can onto his mother so as to avoid civil liability to SB. This is most likely to prevent DM from sheltering his most prominent assets, and spare [edit] Sharlene costly legal procedings in securing her civil award.

Best,
J.

http://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/about/pubs/20070824_CRIA_Update.pdf

BBM

Very interesting - wonder if the 'chop shop' hangar is on LE's list?

Also from same link -

From the second bolded point, I wonder if this is all about the hangar. Right now the airport has a very large hangar sitting useless on airport land. If this went through, the airport or municipality could have the hangar to do with as they please.

From the second bolded point, I wonder if this is all about the hangar. Right now the airport has a very large hangar sitting useless on airport land. If this went through, the airport or municipality could have the hangar to do with as they please.

The update to this was 2007, or am I missing something.

If this did go through, it would make the tax payers of KW very happy, as their dollars went into widening and repaving the area to accommodate MillardAir.

I don't think it will matter much how DM tries to transfer and finagle ownership of the various personal and Millard Air properties. Wouldn't surprise me if both personal and Millard Air assets will be frozen. Any civil suit will most likely include Millard Air, and if it is proven that a chop shop operation was ongoing at the hangar, then Millard Air could be deemed to be partially liable for Tim's death.

JMO

And if he used his real name then he seriously didnt plan on stealing a car or killing anyone IMO.

So i leave Tims house , 5 mins down the road im at the intersection of Trinity / 2( hiway ) .. If i turn left ( brantford ) if i turn right ( hamilton ) If i go str8 through cross hiway 2 , i go through lyden then end up in rocton ( total time ,maybe 15 mins )( i know this as i came back from car show 2 weeks ago ) next town after rocton cambridge ( thats roughly 20-25 mins ).
So if they had taken direct route , we re talking 45 mins .

But no they leave tims house 5 mins to hiway 2 , they turn left to brantford , really y ? just to get rid of tims cell phone , they could have chucked that phone anywhere ( all rural type country roads from start to finish )

Now ,they figure that Tim was killed in that truck shortly after test drive began , mmmmmm ok now im heading way out of my was probably all said and done add another 40-50 kms . and probably another 45 mins , all this with a dead or seriously injured guy riding shotgun ...

Does any 1 else find this really strange , im assuming since D M lived in toronto they used gps to get to tims ,,,so gps most likely available after ..

hiway 2 you have hamilton police and OPP , when you reach brantford , you have brantford police and opp , same as cambridge , opp are everywhere , seems like so many chances, organized kaos maybe ..

your opinions please

Could you state clearly what you're implying? I always struggle with the stuff phrased as leading questions.

I sure hope that TB's family can file a civil suit right away regardless of how long the trial will take. OJ was found not guilty yet the family of Nichole was awarded millions in damages. With the evidence they have, maybe she can proceed to lock up his other assets before he files for bankruptcy. Question... if she does file a claim for pain and suffering damages, does this immediately lock up the rest of his assets. I hope she can wrap her head around doing this, if only for the little girls future but I think she should hire a civil attorney right away. JMO

I read that a civil suit has to be filed after the trial and I am sure they are thinking of doing that, as Sharlene had a no comment to the question. Which means we haven't really thought about it but can't say what we will do after finding out everything that we can at the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214