Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted this in another thread but didn't get an answer so I thought I would try here:

Can DM and MS communicate and form a consistent defense via their lawyers? Or is there anything restricting their lawyers from speaking to each other in order to establish the same story?

Of course their lawyers can talk. If it's in the interest of their client(s) why wouldn't they?

I just didn't know if there were any sort of laws that applied to co-accused suspects, as I could see it as being beneficial for LE to keep them in mutual darkness, in the same way that they were placed in separate facilities might benefit LE, but given that they can indeed communicate through their lawyers, I guess it really doesn't matter if they are in the same room or across the country from each other (other than the initial psychological affect it would have on them - think prisoner dilemma, but the advantage that LE would have would be extremely short lived, as it would evaporate once the lawyers began to speak to each other).

I agree. DM does not in any way, shape or form strike me as someone who's sentimental, particularly where his late father is concerned. Afterall, this is the punk who continued to reside in the very home his father reportedly committed suicide in......also the same home that DM had all pimped out and turned into a party pad following his Dad's death. I would venture to guess that the very vast majority of people, who if their parents committed suicide in the family home that they also shared, they would be so distraught and quick to sell the home, not being able to go back into the home for obvious reasons. JMO.

We do not know how sentimental or not he is. I know of a close friend who did stay in her home after a suicide of a loved one. It was her home and where she felt closest to her loved one and their life. Assumptions of character is not going to help this case. We also do not know when this so called "party pad" at his home was created....perhaps years ago....not necessarily after his fathers death. Even if it was after his death...its his home...he can do what he wants...he is only 27 appears to not have any close family so friends become family. I am trying to stick to the evidence...the farm...the truck....the missing friend....etc. JMO

I don't know. JMO that it's strange that a couple times a day one of his friends materializes...but now that I'm thinking about it, maybe the friend has to materialize just to communicate with anyone, not necessarily DM. OK..that's a backtrack! Since he's never taken himself off as a friend it just looks like he's back when he's made himself visible.

At first I thought that a friend might be able to unfriend and then return without DM's permission (since DM already accepted the friend request - maybe someone can tell me if this is how FB works? I don't know if you'd need to accept a second time), but now I see that his permissions on the photos have changed. So that means that someone is on his Facebook, for certain. Maybe his lawyer?

Dell's FB says 6 friends but then only 3 are visible for me. I'm on FB but don't have a clue as to why that is.

Funny this fiancee DM bought the farm with/for hasn't seemed to materialize. I don't think she exists. Also odd there haven't been any friends rushing to his defense, or speaking at all. He seems very isolated, but I could be wrong.

Anyone have a link to his fb profile?

Funny this fiancee DM bought the farm with/for hasn't seemed to materialize. I don't think she exists. Also odd there haven't been any friends rushing to his defense, or speaking at all. He seems very isolated, but I could be wrong.

Go to FB and search Dee eM Oakville...kitty in a bowl avatar.

We do not know how sentimental or not he is. I know of a close friend who did stay in her home after a suicide of a loved one. It was her home and where she felt closest to her loved one and their life. Assumptions of character is not going to help this case. We also do not know when this so called "party pad" at his home was created....perhaps years ago....not necessarily after his fathers death. Even if it was after his death...its his home...he can do what he wants...he is only 27 appears to not have any close family so friends become family. I am trying to stick to the evidence...the farm...the truck....the missing friend....etc. JMO

Good for you, but what does any of that have to do with me expressing my opinion?

Please bear in mind, part of solving a crime is getting inside the mind of the criminal. The evidence is only 1/2 of the profile. The rest is how the criminal perceived his environment.

Please bear in mind, part of solving a crime is getting inside the mind of the criminal. The evidence is only 1/2 of the profile. The rest is how the criminal perceived his environment.

I agree completely but we do not have any evidence to allow us inside his mind. We only have what msm has told us about his past and the pictures from social media painting him from being a mohawk haired guy to well dressed preppy guy...pictures from his friends social media accounts do not accurately tell us anything they can be skewed any way people want to skew them. I think its amusing people skewing the fact he had his hair in a mohawk during his Baja racing time is related to being related to Joseph Brant (and its Brant not Brandt for those who keep mispelling his name). Reading too much into a hairstyle because both he and his racing partner had same hairstyle...it was for the race thats it thats all. All i am saying is we have been provided very little to accurately determine his personality or character or his psychological profile. I wish we did. Based on the facts we do have he was an only child....wealthy family ...broken home but lived with his father...did not go with his mother.. why?? Reports from those who knew him growing up stated he was different a bit or a loner or outcast....i have my own theories but its JMO and not relevant.

I think to truly understand him more its not how he behaved with his friends and the so called "party house" but what got hime there....why did he stay with his father not his mother ....what was his relationship with his mother...where did he go to high school ? is there a way we can find that out? all we know is that he went to that french school until he was approximately 14...what happened after that?

I agree completely but we do not have any evidence to allow us inside his mind. We only have what msm has told us about his past and the pictures from social media painting him from being a mohawk haired guy to well dressed preppy guy...pictures from his friends social media accounts do not accurately tell us anything they can be skewed any way people want to skew them. I think its amusing people skewing the fact he had his hair in a mohawk during his Baja racing time is related to being related to Joseph Brant (and its Brant not Brandt for those who keep mispelling his name). Reading too much into a hairstyle because both he and his racing partner had same hairstyle...it was for the race thats it thats all. All i am saying is we have been provided very little to accurately determine his personality or character or his psychological profile. I wish we did. Based on the facts we do have he was an only child....wealthy family ...broken home but lived with his father...did not go with his mother.. why?? Reports from those who knew him growing up stated he was different a bit or a loner or outcast....i have my own theories but its JMO and not relevant.

I think to truly understand him more its not how he behaved with his friends and the so called "party house" but what got hime there....why did he stay with his father not his mother ....what was his relationship with his mother...where did he go to high school ? is there a way we can find that out? all we know is that he went to that french school until he was approximately 14...what happened after that?

I saw that he never finished French School...I never saw a definitive age...I'd like a reference. @ 14, he was flying planes and copters on the same day. I didn't think that ended his education, French or otherwise.

I saw that he never finished French School...I never saw a definitive age...I'd like a reference. @ 14, he was flying planes and copters on the same day. I didn't think that ended his education, French or otherwise.

I will try to find the link to what is known about his education. I recall reading he did not finish at the French school and from what I understand the French school is for students up to the age of 15. So if he did not finish school there I do believe he went somewhere else and continued his education. I never thought anything other than that ..all I was stating is that we do not have any information as to where and what education he had following his departure from the French school.

I will try to find the link to what is known about his education. I recall reading he did not finish at the French school and from what I understand the French school is for students up to the age of 15. So if he did not finish school there I do believe he went somewhere else and continued his education. I never thought anything other than that ..all I was stating is that we do not have any information as to where and what education he had following his departure from the French school.

On that we agree...there isn't much on him from about 14 until about 23 (2009 baja race) That's a big gap.

On that we agree...there isn't much on him from about 14 until about 23 (2009 baja race) That's a big gap.

Exactly....there has to be some information ....he must have attended high school. The only "friends" who have spoken about him to the press are ones from French school who according to National Post article were talking about him during grade 6 or 7...and as for school friends thats it....what about teenage Dellen. There is a lot still to be known about him....perhaps he went to school in Etobicoke.

They could be a part of the no contact list, if they are it means they wouldn't be allowed to say anything. If not, maybe they just do not want any involvement. Doesn't mean they would think he is guilty, maybe just don't want backlash from the public?

Of course their lawyers can talk. If it's in the interest of their client(s) why wouldn't they?

I'm not sure that's true, and suspect that the 'no communication' order applies to the defense lawyers as well. My br-in-law is a Crown Attorney, so I'll ask him and get back to you.

Do you think a guy that is up for a first degree murder charge really gives a sh&&t about a do not contact list. Besides, how is he going to contact them anyways? These instructions to him about do not contact seem kind of silly, considering if he is guilty of these horrendous crimes, telling him to not contact these people is somewhat moot. And if he did, what happens to him.? What are the consequences? Another 6 months added on to an already life sentence if found guilty?. This confuses me. Are prisoners allowed private facebook time in jail?

Posted this in another thread but didn't get an answer so I thought I would try here:

Can DM and MS communicate and form a consistent defense via their lawyers? Or is there anything restricting their lawyers from speaking to each other in order to establish the same story?

Lawyers do talk to one another when they have a co-accused each. They may also need to call same witnesses which will mean getting things straight insofar as a clear defense. Yours is a good question Sean, as not everyone knows the answer to legal situations JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya