Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great point. Why the heck was he wearing gloves anyway, if not for that reason?

My dad was a mechanic all of his life. He worked on anything from motorcycles to race cars and I never once saw him wearing gloves.

One of DM's friends called his business "legit" or something similar. I think it was meant to be ironic. The context was building cars from seperate parts (Mustang pic info I believe). JMO

I am going from memory, but I believe the comment was something like "Mostly legit". They were building a kit car and pulled a Mustang engine to put in it.

My dad was a mechanic all of his life. He worked on anything from motorcycles to race cars and I never once saw him wearing gloves.

Then again, a significant number of other mechanics evidently prefer them, imo. These look pretty much identical to the ones in that DM pic, imo.

http://www.safecare-gloves.com/auto-mechanics-gloves.html

Automotive Mechanics Gloves: It seems like you can't walk into an auto mechanics shop without seeing at least one tech wearing XXXXX Auto Mechanics Gloves....and maybe even a few of the old-timers. There was a time when these guys regularly used cleaners and solvents that would melt the skin off your fingers. However the long-term effects of chemical exposure coupled with the short-term problem of filthy, nasty hands have convinced them to slip some of these XXXXXX Auto Mechanics Gloves on.

It seems odd to me that DM knew that he had to keep silent, even before his lawyer arrived to reinforce his right to remain silent. I would expect that someone as young as DM, wouldn't be so well informed and would be more naive about the legal system. He seems rather experienced for one who has never had any run-ins with the law.

Guess everyone would react differently, but I know that if they were interrogating me for hours on end, I would definitely crack..there's no way I could just sit there and say nothing as they pull out one thing after another, especially if I was innocent. Knowing that we live in a world of DNA, I would be helping them every single way possible, and sorry, if I knew someone else was was responsible, I would have my lawyer in the room to communicate my concerns. IMO, nothing speaks psychopath more than DM's continual silence. This is going to turn into a very expensive "catch me if you can" game.

JMO but In my experience, nothing speaks psychotic episode more than someone rambling on like an absolute imbecile, not making any sense to anyone but themselves as they dig a hole for themselves by way of over compensating, and trying to make their innocence known to those who don't really want to hear it. JMO

IMO Anyone with any degree of intelligence should be wisening up to the fact that Everything you say CAN and WILL be used against you... there is no mistake in that sentence. They WILL use everything you say against you. Even the most innocent comment will be misconstrued if it suits their purpose. We need to be very clear on that IMO, trying to plead your innocence during such an investigation is futile.

Great point. Why the heck was he wearing gloves anyway, if not for that reason?
Well I wear gloves to wash my dishes...and I didnt steal my dishes. honest ... :anguish:

Engines are dirty things, and if he was not mechanically minded I doubt he wanted to end up with greasy hands and black nails.

I don't think so. Innocent until proven guilty and you have a right to an attorney are pretty much things that any 20 year old would know.

I'm not surprised that he MIGHT not be talking, and I wouldn't be surprised if he WAS talking but that the LE might be holding everything tight to the vest.

moo

I agree .. he would be dealing with seasoned interrogators, and at his age, they should have been able to crack through that stoicism, strong resolve, whatever. Could be he's afraid to be branded a snitch by others involved.

It seems odd to me that DM knew that he had to keep silent, even before his lawyer arrived to reinforce his right to remain silent. I would expect that someone as young as DM, wouldn't be so well informed and would be more naive about the legal system. He seems rather experienced for one who has never had any run-ins with the law.

Guess everyone would react differently, but I know that if they were interrogating me for hours on end, I would definitely crack..there's no way I could just sit there and say nothing as they pull out one thing after another, especially if I was innocent. Knowing that we live in a world of DNA, I would be helping them every single way possible, and sorry, if I knew someone else was was responsible, I would have my lawyer in the room to communicate my concerns. IMO, nothing speaks psychopath more than DM's continual silence. This is going to turn into a very expensive "catch me if you can" game.

Great posts!

I am really not sure what to say, I highly doubt DM is talking, the circle of friends who have likely been interviewed most likely are the ones talking and tips are likely still coming in.

There is no doubt TPS is looking for LB. The search could of simply been a search as a simple precaution by TPS. If media has not reported something being removed from the ground then I highly doubt they TPS have found something, the media have been all over this and now have a helicopter.

And yes, detectives should be able break either DM or MS.

Does anyone know if MS's lawyer made a public statement about his/her client, claiming his innocence in the same way DM's lawyer has? Has he/she talked about the "story within the story" kinda type deal?

To be a fly on the wall when these two were talking to their lawyers

Well I wear gloves to wash my dishes...and I didnt steal my dishes. honest ... :anguish:

Engines are dirty things, and if he was not mechanically minded I doubt he wanted to end up with greasy hands and black nails.

One of our friends is an auto mechanic. His hand always look filthy dirty even though he has washed them. Let me tell you, that's not the way to impress the ladies!

One of our friends is an auto mechanic. His hand always look filthy dirty even though he has washed them. Let me tell you, that's not the way to impress the ladies!

I was thinking the same thing. Mabye the old-school mechanics might think it manly to have dirty work hands but today's metrosexual mechanic wants to have pristine hands. Besides, what woman wants to have their man's greasy/dirty hands groping their clean body? Ladies, any thoughts?

Does anyone know if MS's lawyer made a public statement about his/her client, claiming his innocence in the same way DM's lawyer has? Has he/she talked about the "story within the story" kinda type deal?

"his/her" ... "he/she" ... As far as I know MS is a male, unless you are telling us otherwise. LOL

As far as I have read/heard, he hasn't said anything. Unlike DM's lawyer, when MS had his appearance his lawyer wanted nothing to do with the media. All I have read is that MS would be pleading not guilty.

Great posts!

I am really not sure what to say, I highly doubt DM is talking, the circle of friends who have likely been interviewed most likely are the ones talking and tips are likely still coming in.

There is no doubt TPS is looking for LB. The search could of simply been a search as a simple precaution by TPS. If media has not reported something being removed from the ground then I highly doubt they TPS have found something, the media have been all over this and now have a helicopter.

And yes, detectives should be able break either DM or MS.

Someone mentioned maybe LB was in witness protection but if that were the case TPS would know. It might be that LB doesn't want to be found and DM helped hide her. He had the money and means so could easily have taken her somewhere by boat or plane and set her up there. Maybe he took her or arranged for her to get to an offshore or out of country rehab under an alias?

Lawyer up & the "breaking" won't happen. Once you request legal counsel the detectives are done the interrogation.

One can lawyer up all he wants but it won't stop the continued questioning by detectives.

The suspect has a right to an attorney not a right to silence the detectives.

One can lawyer up all he wants but it won't stop the continued questioning by detectives.

The suspect has a right to an attorney not a right to silence the detectives.

Exactly, and lets not forget that more than likely, LE are posing as prisoners wherever DM or SM are being held. LE will be doing anything to make them talk.

This is of course just my own opinion, but I'd be too worried, especially if I was innocent, that I didn't remember exactly what I was doing (why would I if I didn't think I needed an alibi?) and might say something incorrect, which made it look like I'm lying. I always catch the smallest contradictions in people's stories, and I assume police would be looking for that, so they have something to use against you. If I had no involvement whatsoever, I may answer certain questions if I was sure of the answer and didn't see it being turned around on me. If I knew who was involved, admitting that could potentially incriminate myself, in which case I would remain silent. Personally, I would have no trouble staying silent (unless they try torture, but I assume they don't do that).
There is a certain logic to staying silent in my opinion, but maybe that makes me a psychopath for understanding that :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member