Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder how strategic the whole "asset forfeiture" tidbit in MSM was? Sure, DM is willing to accept that he'll be in jail for quite a while, but I can't help but think that the thoughts of loosing a good chunk of his fortune is haunting him.

Wonder how strategic the whole "asset forfeiture" tidbit in MSM was? Sure, DM is willing to accept that he'll be in jail for quite a while, but I can't help but think that the thoughts of loosing a good chunk of his fortune is haunting him.

And well it should!:scared:

Millard’s lawyer Deepak Paradkar says Millard is getting accustomed to his surroundings and mentally preparing himself for what’s about to happen. Millard may be presented the evidence Hamilton Police have collected, June 13th at his next court appearance.

“They will have forensic reports they will have police officer notes, witness statements, all of that prepared and provided to the crown to be provided to me.”

Millard’s lawyer says his client maintains he is innocent but some wonder why someone like Millard, who seems to have the financial means to seek bail, hasn’t yet.

“We have not ruled out going for bail at some point but we haven’t actively started preparing, We’ll do that when we get the evidence.”

http://www.chch.com/bosma-family-marks-sad-milestone/

As much as I dislike speaking ill of LE I'm seriously getting the impression that TPD is going to be doing some serious butt covering and back pedalling in the next year or two.

JMO, but I feel that TPD has been 'looking the other way' with regards to anything remotely criminal or fishy associated with the Millard family for a long time now. This could potentially have political links as high as the Premier's or PM's office and go back at least as far as the Airbus scandal. All I can see is that once another Police division started investigating (Hamilton) the TPD then started taking a couple cases more seriously.

Given the TPD presser-for-the-sake-of-a-presser that didn't reveal anything new given by a deer-in-the-headlights cop I'm just wondering if all of the digging holes and filling them in again at the farm on Roseville road was just for show.

I am patiently waiting for a savvy journalist to bust open the Millard Air / Airbus Scandal that I found about 3 weeks ago, but, no, nothing yet.......:worms:

I don't think DM is as stupid as some might think. Yes, all evidence points in his direction, and if you were to ask me to place money on it, YES I believe he did it...of course he did. Do I think he is a cold blooded, killing sociopath? YEP sure do. But, maintaining that he is innocent and not yet seeking bail, is probably the smartest thing he can do. He doesn't yet know what LE actually has on him as far as proving murder. Sure they might be able to prove the forcible confinement/theft over $5000 charge...but proving murder is a whole different ball game. He knows, as long as there is a shadow of doubt....bingo. He is going to plead innocence as long as he 'thinks', they can't PROVE-or know if they can- that he murdered anyone. And, why seek bail at this point either? Again, if he doesn't really know what they can prove, he isn't stupid enough to put up say...$1,000,000.00 for bail, only to be proven guilty and lose that cash.
I'm just praying that LE DOES have the proof they need to put DM away for a very long time.

I don't think DM is as stupid as some might think. Yes, all evidence points in his direction, and if you were to ask me to place money on it, YES I believe he did it...of course he did. Do I think he is a cold blooded, killing sociopath? YEP sure do. But, maintaining that he is innocent and not yet seeking bail, is probably the smartest thing he can do. He doesn't yet know what LE actually has on him as far as proving murder. Sure they might be able to prove the forcible confinement/theft over $5000 charge...but proving murder is a whole different ball game. He knows, as long as there is a shadow of doubt....bingo. He is going to plead innocence as long as he 'thinks', they can't PROVE-or know if they can- that he murdered anyone. And, why seek bail at this point either? Again, if he doesn't really know what they can prove, he isn't stupid enough to put up say...$1,000,000.00 for bail, only to be proven guilty and lose that cash.
I'm just praying that LE DOES have the proof they need to put DM away for a very long time.

Hi Molly,

I don't disagree with your thoughts, but I am wondering why you think he'd lose the bail money if found guilty? Unless I'm missing something, bail is to ensure someone shows up to court and doesn't skip town, and the money will be returned whether that person is found guilty or innocent.

I think the reason they haven't sought bail is because DM's lawyer knows they have a snowball's chance in heck of getting it right now.

If LE can prove theft and forcible confinement, then 1st degree murder is easy to prove and follows.

Very informative article. Thanks for posting.

Notable points:

- - police are considering the possibility there is no third suspect

- - police are not sure whether Smich, who is said to have been in the back seat of the truck while Millard was driving, exited that vehicle after leaving Bosma’s home and got into the driver’s seat of the Yukon

- -
Millard’s girlfriend, whose identity is protected by a court-ordered publication ban, is not believed to be involved, the detective said.

“Millard’s girlfriend has been cleared of that,” he said.

Hi Molly,

I don't disagree with your thoughts, but I am wondering why you think he'd lose the bail money if found guilty? Unless I'm missing something, bail is to ensure someone shows up to court and doesn't skip town, and the money will be returned whether that person is found guilty or innocent.

I think the reason they haven't sought bail is because DM's lawyer knows they have a snowball's chance in heck of getting it right now.

Thanks Jash...not really up on the way bail works I suppose....if that's the case, then yes, this reason wouldn't make much sense...I'm always learning here and am grateful for the experience of others.:)

If LE can prove theft and forcible confinement, then 1st degree murder is easy to prove and follows.

Yes, perhaps you are correct. These are really just thoughts and questions going on in my head. I appreciate your knowledge and insight of my ramblings...I'm learning a lot here as I go...:)
Thank you all

I am patiently waiting for a savvy journalist to bust open the Millard Air / Airbus Scandal that I found about 3 weeks ago, but, no, nothing yet.......:worms:

You'll have quite a wait...

So far, all relevant information about this case has appeared online well before MSM has caught whiff of anything. Even LE seemed to be still in "the dark" yesterday when they implied that DM had no connections to SP.

MOO

I know there are different LE divisions involved here, but I really lost hope after the TPS/Carbone presser this week.

It makes me worry the entire farm search was a charade.

I know there are different LE divisions involved here, but I really lost hope after the TPS/Carbone presser this week.

ITA. The presser (had it not involved a missing woman) was laughable.

moo

I took the comments regarding the third suspect were stated in a way that meant LE are keeping an open mind and exploring all possibilities ensuring not to have tunnel vision.

I live in the area..drive past the farm daily...I was astounded that the TPS would give up such an important search due to rain! They aint made of sugar..It was a total charade on their behalf as far as I'm concerned.
Pomp and pageantry?

I took the comments regarding the third suspect were stated in a way that meant LE are keeping an open mind and exploring all possibilities ensuring not to have tunnel vision.

It sounded a bit more like "no vision" to me.

moo

I live in the area..drive past the farm daily...I was astounded that the TPS would give up such an important search due to rain! They aint made of sugar..It was a total charade on their behalf as far as I'm concerned.
Pomp and pageantry?

And it wasn't even a downpour or thunder and lightening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinas79