Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Science has found no way to forensicly test nonexistant exculpatory evidence.

That would be however, once again, a golden opportunity for DM to use his vocal chords, but his silence is as telling as is the missing "evidence?"

What if it is only nonexistent now, and it previously existed, but was destroyed, is that the same as never existing, logically?

Why do criminals burn bodies? To conceal evidence, I assume. So why would someone go through the trouble of burning a body to conceal some of the evidence of their crime, but then be totally careless with the rest of the evidence? To me that still doesn't take sense.

How is maintaining your rights a sign of guilt? It is wrong to presume someone is guilty because they choose to hold onto the rights that our veterans fought and died for, in my opinion. When did people start assuming that the right to remain silent is a crime in itself?

What if, as has been suggested, DM feels that his mother's life is in danger if he speaks, would you still criticize his silence then?

Sorry, but I still cannot buy into the near-deification of DM. When I look at the bare facts of the case, I cannot think of any other similar case where so much evidence is considered, paradoxically, to be proof of the accused murderer's innocence. Murderers are dumb or just plain cocky all the time. If they weren't, there wouldn't be any arrests.

When you strip away all the Hollywood-esque theories, I have confidence that what happened is pretty obvious, and that Law Enforcement have arrested the correct people. While interesting attempts have been made to discredit everything from the incinerator to the first test drive to the tattoo to SB's identification to the burner phone to the truck at DM's mother's house in DM's trailer to Timothy Bosma's murdered, burned remains on Dellen Millard's property...just the sheer, overwhelming number of things that *must* be discredited or explained away tells me everything I personally need to know at this time.

The trial can't come soon enough.

Sorry, but I still cannot buy into the near-deification of DM. When I look at the bare facts of the case, I cannot think of any other similar case where so much evidence is considered, paradoxically, to be proof of the accused murderer's innocence. Murderers are dumb or just plain cocky all the time. If they weren't, there wouldn't be any arrests.

I cannot agree with this imo. How is it near deification for some people to see that there is no concrete evidence, merely circumstantial.? To say that murderers are dumb or just plain cocky is more an opinion than a truth. I do not see how DM is dumb and have seen no evidence that he is cocky...in fact everything I have seen points to the contrary.IMO. There are arrests that are based on factual evidence and with factual evidence can result in a conviction. However there are arrests that are based on mere presumption... those arrests sometimes do result in a conviction and sometimes a conviction on an innocent. Some are dropped at some ways along in the proceedings.
MOO

When you strip away all the Hollywood-esque theories, I have confidence that what happened is pretty obvious, and that Law Enforcement has arrested the correct people. While interesting attempts have been made to discredit everything from the incinerator to the first test drive to the tattoo to SB's identification to the burner phone to the truck at DM's mother's house in DM's trailer to Timothy Bosma's murdered, burned remains on Dellen Millard's property...just the sheer, overwhelming number of things that *must* be discredited or explained away tells me everything I personally need to know at this time.

I do not see a jilted lover or an insanely jealous guy who lost his girl to DM as being Hollywood-esque JMO I see this as extremely possible in light of DM having money and being goodlooking. Another guy could be very enraged to think DM had what he wanted or all that he wanted. Just as a girl who DM dumped could be enraged enough. You have to be in a heightened sense of emotion to kill IMO. Anger, rage, jealousy, envy, hatred etc can be all that is needed to kill.... the motive being REVENGE and Self satisfaction that the object of your hatred is suffering...and suffering for a long time. If you look up Crimes of Passion the list is endless..... and the crimes are quite awful, with many having been planned and carried out to the letter. MOO

The trial can't come soon enough.

I think many people will be waiting for answers....... be prepared for the unexpected.... JMO

I think many people will be waiting for answers....... be prepared for the unexpected.... JMO

You said:

If you look up Crimes of Passion the list is endless..... and the crimes are quite awful, with many having been planned and carried out to the letter. MOO

Sorry, symantecs here, and can't find a Canadian resource offhand, but there is no such thing as a planned crime of passion:

from the US DOJ:
https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publications/abstract.aspx?ID=64003

... AND BECAUSE A PREMEDITATED CRIME OF PASSION IS A CONTRADICTION IN TERMS ...

With all the evidence we have to date pointing to DM
Calls made from burner phone traced to DM, DM identified by BO and SB, DM's Yukon confirmed by LE to have followed TB's truck from his Ancaster home, TB's burned body found on DM's farm, TB's truck found in DM's trailer in DM's mother's driveway, how is it then that MS was able to be identified and apprehended for the crime as well. Surely more than one person DM knows owns and has worn a red hoodie. My guess is that there is other evidence LE is aware of that has tied MS to the crime, and if that evidence was there to be found, DM must have left some other evidence as well. JMO

A crime of passion is an excuse to eliminate the element of premeditation. Maybe a better term would be crimes of revenge.

Here is one example where a man framed his former girlfriend for a number of robberies over a period of 8 months. She spent 7 months in jail and lost everything. It's a little more elaborate than some of the theories about DM, but shows how easily it can be done.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/26/nyregion/a-revenge-plot-so-intricate-the-prosecutors-were-pawns.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

JMO

"“We prosecute tens of thousands of cases each year, but in the collective memory, no one has ever seen anything like this before,” said Richard A. Brown, the Queens district attorney."

So not that easy.

"“We prosecute tens of thousands of cases each year, but in the collective memory, no one has ever seen anything like this before,” said Richard A. Brown, the Queens district attorney."

So not that easy.

Not that easy? Or not that common. Or not discovered.

The only reason he was caught was because an informer turned him in and gave LE the cell phone number he used.

JMO

Some legal experts say Ms. Sumasar’s story shows how the American justice system can be easily manipulated, with the principle of innocent until proven guilty turned on its head.

With all the evidence we have to date pointing to DM
Calls made from burner phone traced to DM, DM identified by BO and SB, DM's Yukon confirmed by LE to have followed TB's truck from his Ancaster home, TB's burned body found on DM's farm, TB's truck found in DM's trailer in DM's mother's driveway, how is it then that MS was able to be identified and apprehended for the crime as well. Surely more than one person DM knows owns and has worn a red hoodie. My guess is that there is other evidence LE is aware of that has tied MS to the crime, and if that evidence was there to be found, DM must have left some other evidence as well. JMO

My guess is that they did a trial and error run at the backgrounds if all of DM's friends until they finally found the one who went on the test drive. I think the fact that it took LE so long to find MS and charge him tells me that LE didn't really have any other evidence to tie MS to the crime other than the fact that he happened to be with DM on a test drive, or perhaps that he was the only one who knew what was going to go down, and he took precautions ahead of time that DM wouldn't have known to take. Have we heard any of the evidence against him yet? I imagine if LE had evidence like conspiratorial texts or fingerprints (after all, he is the one with a record), that it wouldn't have taken them an extra couple of weeks to find him.

So not that easy.

Not that easy, but obviously possible. And that is the one that they caught! Just think, he would never have been caught if an informer hadn't come forward. I imagine it would be easier to do as one person, with no one to ever tell your secret but you. Or as a member of an OC where you know no one will ever rat you out.

Thanks for that article Alethea, it was a great read, with so many coincidences and similarities, it was startling.

Not that easy, but obviously possible. And that is the one that they caught! Just think, he would never have been caught if an informer hadn't come forward. I imagine it would be easier to do as one person, with no one to ever tell your secret but you. Or as a member of an OC where you know no one will ever rat you out.

Thanks for that article Alethea, it was a great read, with so many coincidences and similarities, it was startling.

Agreed... and with so many `societies`and fraternity type `groups`I expect there are a few other `members` of select organizations that would keep a secret for a `brother` JMO

What if it is only nonexistent now, and it previously existed, but was destroyed, is that the same as never existing, logically?

Why do criminals burn bodies? To conceal evidence, I assume. So why would someone go through the trouble of burning a body to conceal some of the evidence of their crime, but then be totally careless with the rest of the evidence? To me that still doesn't take sense.

How is maintaining your rights a sign of guilt? It is wrong to presume someone is guilty because they choose to hold onto the rights that our veterans fought and died for, in my opinion. When did people start assuming that the right to remain silent is a crime in itself?

What if, as has been suggested, DM feels that his mother's life is in danger if he speaks, would you still criticize his silence then?

Nonexistent evidence is not permitted in court, obviously. If evidence shows DM murdered TB and nonexistant evidence can't prove him not guilty, DM will likely serve time.

Once again. If a murder is committed and the killer thinks burning the body stops, destroys, and eradicates any link to him he will continue his life relatively normal. Just as DM and MS did.

If DM is worried about his mother and or himself he could/can help himself and her too by telling the truth about any OC set up, frame up and blackmail.

By now if there is/was any OC frame up, there would be some evidence of it in circumstantial evidence, direct evidence, witnesses interviews, etc.

DM can't protect his mother with silence from a jail cell. If he knows something and isn't involved he should speak up and get realistic protection for her and release for himself.

Who sits in jail in silence if innocent? Generally those that committed the crime or those justified/innocent awaiting the 1st bail hearing and their day to prove it in Court.

Maybe he has spoken. And maybe the framing so elaborate and the framer(s) so difficult to track that it seems near impossible to prove. AD's link from NYC was telling. This was an individual who almost got away with it. Where there is will there is a way. All you need is time to plan and a criminal mind IMO.

Posters refer to DM being freed by now if it wasnt him. Why have I never heard of an OC bust that didnt take several months or even years for LE to accomplish? Its the same thing here IMO. If LE ever figure it out it could take a long long time. Maybe he doesnt mind sitting tight. (Plus we dont know if the mother ever went back home or if she is in hiding. Absolutely no rumours about gf'position or whereabouts...why?)

Nonexistent evidence is not permitted in court, obviously. If evidence shows DM murdered TB and nonexistant evidence can't prove him not guilty, DM will likely serve time.

Once again. If a murder is committed and the killer thinks burning the body stops, destroys, and eradicates any link to him he will continue his life relatively normal. Just as DM and MS did.

If DM is worried about his mother and or himself he could/can help himself and her too by telling the truth about any OC set up, frame up and blackmail.

By now if there is/was any OC frame up, there would be some evidence of it in circumstantial evidence, direct evidence, witnesses interviews, etc.

DM can't protect his mother with silence from a jail cell. If he knows something and isn't involved he should speak up and get realistic protection for her and release for himself.

Who sits in jail in silence if innocent? Generally those that committed the crime or those justified/innocent awaiting the 1st bail hearing and their day to prove it in Court.

If he thought that his farm was a safe enough place to hide a body where it would never be discovered, why bother burning it? It doesn't make sense.

If he thought that hiding a truck at his mother's house was good enough to keep it from being discovered, why did bother removing the seats? It is illogical.

I think the theory of 'if there was exculpatory evidence it would have been found by now' is a complete fallacy, the police haven't even managed to find the third person who was driving the Yukon, nor are they even sure now whether or not there was a third person, how does that prove that they have discovered everything of relevance so far? It gives me no confidence that they have uncovered everything that could have an impact on determining who the real killer is. In fact, it still leads me to question the competency of their entire investigation, honestly.

And since everyone likes to argue semantics here, in regards to your last paragraph, if they have committed the crime, they would not be considered to be sitting in jail in innocence. He has not even had his first bail hearing from what I recall, so doesn't that then put him into the category of those you consider to be sitting in silence in jail although innocent? And if he feels justified in waiting for his day in court to prove it, would he not also fall into that category as you described it?

If he thought that his farm was a safe enough place to hide a body where it would never be discovered, why bother burning it? It doesn't make sense.

Decomposing bodies are large, inconvenient things to have around and attracting scavengers. Burning solves several problems. It absolutely makes sense.

Don't the DM-was-framed theories require a whole lot of people to be involved in the scam, such as test driver #1 and possibly LE?

The frame up linked last night required lots of people to lie to make it work, which is why it ultimately failed. It was also perpetrated by someone who was obviously mentally ill, not "OC".

Decomposing bodies are large, inconvenient things to have around and attracting scavengers. Burning solves several problems. It absolutely makes sense.

Incomplete burning doesn't make sense. If you have an incinerator designed to make remains nothing more than ash and small bone fragments, why would you not follow through and make the remains completely unidentifiable, and again, why wouldn't you dispose of them elsewhere, like scattering the ashes of a loved one? Who goes through all that trouble and then doesn't bother to follow through, especially when it comes to something so important, that doesn't make sense to me still.

Don't the DM-was-framed theories require a whole lot of people to be involved in the scam, such as test driver #1 and possibly LE?

The frame up linked last night required lots of people to lie to make it work, which is why it ultimately failed. It was also perpetrated by someone who was obviously mentally ill, not "OC".

Why does test driver number one have to be in on the scam? If DM was legitimately looking at buying a used truck, and went on one test drive, doesn't that make it more likely that he actually only went to see TB for a test drive? And as we learned in the interesting article AD posted, LE can be used as an unwitting pawn to help frame a suspect. Planted evidence is far harder to disprove than false witness testimony, and as someone keeps pointing out, obliterated evidence might as well have never existed as far as police investigations are concerned, so no, LE would also not have to be involved, logically.

If the frame up mentioned above only failed because lots of people were involved, then it would be far easier for a framing plot to succeed with only one participant, naturally.

And who is to say that the person responsible is not also mentally ill? Wasn't there talk when MS was arrested about him having a past history with someone whom his friends considered to be fairly mentally unstable? And personally, I believe that many members of gangs and OC are mentally ill in some way, but that is just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tad72