Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dellen Millard has no plans to seek bail as he awaits his murder trial, in part for “tactical reasons,” according to his lawyer.

I think DP meant "strategic reasons" but he's the "General."

Translation.....Circle the wagons......My client is guilty and if I seek bail, it will be denied, which will re-enforce his perceived guilt and likely alienate any possible jury pool. I would as counsel rather have an innocent man sit in jail for a year.......

Mr. Paradkar said that, since late May, trespassers had punched a hole in a wall of the barn on the property and defaced it with graffiti – raising questions of “how relevant” anything found there might be.

Translation....Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.....we have no defense, cue smoke screen.

He knows this how?
I wonder if he received the Search Warrant Monday?
Last month's tagging won't affect last years incriminating evidence.

I agree with the Const. Kwong.
I know some things exist as evidence for over 100 years, well over.

Link referred to....http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...lice-continue-to-search-farm/article14239837/

This brings up a good point.

He clearly didn't want to be a farmer and he clearly never built a dream house.

Why did he buy the farm?
AE, IMO, DM may have purchased the farm because he saw true value in the large dairy barn and topography of the land. IMO, this particular farm offers a tremendous amount of privacy, both out in the bowl like field flanked by bush, or at the barn which has a main entrance obscured from view of any neighbors. If there was manure, straw & hay left behind in the barn, it could come in handy if you had to compost a carcass or two. Of course an incinerator is just a bit faster. MOO

http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/engineer/facts/10-063.htm

IMO, what's always struck me as unusual about the whole farm acquisition is how DM became aware of it. DM lived in Etobicoke and the airport is on the Etobicoke side of Cambridge. IMO, it seems strange that DM would have found himself scouring the country side on the other side of Cambridge looking for a place to build his dream home. He didn't find the listing on any website, he called the Realtor off of the sign, indicating to me that a young man from Oakville, with business between Cambridge & Toronto, just happened to be driving down "Roseville" Road that day and said "wow...this is the place for me! and I'll pay $835K for it!!" IMO, I would think that there was plenty of property between Oakville and Bresleau that would have not only been more prestigious, but would have served DM better if he was actually looking to build his dream home. Perhaps WM became suspicious about DM's true intentions later on down the road?

" Nicholson recalls that events moved quickly in the spring of 2011. A few months earlier, Dellen Millard had called Nicholson from 2548 Roseville Rd., dialing the number on the For Sale sign and introducing himself.

Millard explained his interest in the farm, a 46-hectare property with an old barn, but no residence. Nicholson met him to walk the property. Millard eventually explained that he planned to build a house there for himself and his fiancée. “He was discussing, ‘where do you think is a good spot?’ ”

They met several times at the farm, joined sometimes by Dellen’s father Wayne Millard, president of family business Millardair. The father has since passed away.
"

http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/3243116-from-jetliners-to-police-tape/

Exactly. He DID purchase an incinerator though, likely not related to prepping his land for any new construction. JMO

<modsnip>

I believe it was stated by LE that the incinerator was purchased by an employee of Millardair. DM would not be considered an employee in my opinion. I don't think that information was released to the public by accident, or for the purpose of misdirection or misinformation, I believe it was put out there to clarify an aspect that may effect his ability to receive a fair trial.

mmmm I think a wood chipper would come in handy if you had to compost a carcass as well. Where did I see a wood chipper? But then again,OMAFRA does have recipes to follow and sometimes, like everyone knows, recipes may look easier then they really are. An incinerator may very well be the answer 2nd time around. Wonder if anyone did a google search on carcass disposal? JMHO

Let's try to keep our facts straight, please.

I believe it was stated by LE that the incinerator was purchased by an employee of Millardair. DM would not be considered an employee in my opinion. I don't think that information was released to the public by accident, or for the purpose of misdirection or misinformation, I believe it was put out there to clarify an aspect that may effect his ability to receive a fair trial.
Juballee, IMO, DM was an employee. WM was alive and was president. DM was Manager of Hangar Construction, so IMO, he could have very well been an employee of Millardair. IMO, an employee is on the payroll and is getting a salary, an owner may or may not be an employee of the Company.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

The CEO or whatever title, would of course be considered as an employee of the Company/Corporation/whatever as they receive remuneration, retirement, health benefits, stock, stock options, etc.

DM could have called, asked the questions that were asked and purchased the Incinerator. Also for the package to be "shipped" and likely fabrication to begin, verification of payment was an OEM Requirement.

So unless actual cash was mailed, hand delivered to, and or balanced handed to OEM prior to shipment or release for shipment, there was someone with a name and a signature tied to the purchase.

Juballee, IMO, DM was an employee. WM was alive and was president. DM was Manager of Hangar Construction, so IMO, he could have very well been an employee of Millardair. IMO, an employee is on the payroll and is getting a salary, an owner may or may not be an employee of the Company.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

I must have missed the proof that he was getting a salary and on the payroll, can you please post a link to it?

So if he was an owner who may or may not be getting a salary, the best we could come up with is that he may or may not have purchased the incinerator; we cannot state as a fact that he did, as I was correcting.

Let's try to keep our facts straight, please.

BBM

I believe Matou is keeping the facts straight. It depends on which MSM article we refer to. MOO, we have gone over this many times already, we are all aware by now it depends on what MSM article you choose to believe. I think we also discussed quite a while back, that rather than stating DM's name, the company selling 'The Eliminator' may have simply referred to DM as 'an employee of the company'. In the end the fact remains that TB was burned beyond recognition.
Earlier, police found an incinerator on the farm that they say Millard purchased last July. The machine, known as "The Eliminator," is used to cremate livestock, but police say Millard didn't own any animals.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/05/19/toronto-millard-remains-discovered.html
Designed to cremate livestock, ‘The Eliminator’ was purchased by Millard last summer. Police say Millard did not own any animals.

http://www.680news.com/2013/05/20/more-remains-found-on-farm-that-belonged-to-dellen-millard-cbc/

In the spring, officers seized a portable livestock incinerator, which was purchased by an employee of Mr. Millard’s aviation company around July, 2012. Mr. Millard, 28, and Mark Smich, 26, face charges of first-degree murder in relation to Mr. Bosma’s death.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...urderer-dellen-millards-farm/article14188697/

mmmm I think a wood chipper would come in handy if you had to compost a carcass as well. Where did I see a wood chipper? But then again,OMAFRA does have recipes to follow and sometimes, like everyone knows, recipes may look easier then they really are. An incinerator may very well be the answer 2nd time around. Wonder if anyone did a google search on carcass disposal? JMHO

Everyone I know personally(as in friends)that farms and or raises animals on well over 5000 acres and one that has 5000 acres but I know by name only composts and then recoups their animal losses somewhat when they sell the compost to large vegetable producers.

None, that's zero, have, nor want to have an Incinerator. Of course they are only real farmers with 100,000+ poultry houses and pig parlors not defunct MRO owners or Baja racers.........

The CEO or whatever title, would of course be considered as an employee of the Company/Corporation/whatever as they receive remuneration, retirement, health benefits, stock, stock options, etc.

DM could have called, asked the questions that were asked and purchased the Incinerator. Also for the package to be "shipped" and likely fabrication to begin, verification of payment was an OEM Requirement.

So unless actual cash was mailed, hand delivered to, and or balanced handed to OEM prior to shipment or release for shipment, there was someone with a name and a signature tied to the purchase.

I agree that there must have been a name tied to a purchase agreement somewhere, and I think that after LE had time to look into it, they found that name and realized it wasn't the person that had been named in the media as the purchaser so many times previously. And I think for reasons of privacy or perhaps the PB, the actual purchaser was not named for the media, but all the stories changed, and now instead of saying "DM purchased the incinerator in July..." They all now say something "LE removed an incinerator from land belonging to DM". I think that if they could still say that he bought it, they would, because that sells more papers (or whatever they call it now, generates more hits).

BBM

I believe Matou is keeping the facts straight. It depends on which MSM article we refer to. MOO, we have gone over this many times already, we are all aware by now it depends on what MSM article you choose to believe. I think we also discussed quite a while back, that rather than stating DM's name, the company selling 'The Eliminator' may have simply referred to DM as 'an employee of the company'. In the end the fact remains that TB was burned beyond recognition.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/story/2013/05/19/toronto-millard-remains-discovered.html

http://www.680news.com/2013/05/20/more-remains-found-on-farm-that-belonged-to-dellen-millard-cbc/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...urderer-dellen-millards-farm/article14188697/

Please note that the first two articles which refer to it being purchased by DM are very early on in May, and that all the articles later, such as the recent one you posted last, say that it was purchased by an employee, not DM. I still maintain that there is a reason (perhaps fear of a lawsuit) that compels MSM to say it differently now, in my opinion.

I agree that there must have been a name tied to a purchase agreement somewhere, and I think that after LE had time to look into it, they found that name and realized it wasn't the person that had been named in the media as the purchaser so many times previously. And I think for reasons of privacy or perhaps the PB, the actual purchaser was not named for the media, but all the stories changed, and now instead of saying "DM purchased the incinerator in July..." They all now say something "LE removed an incinerator from land belonging to DM". I think that if they could still say that he bought it, they would, because that sells more papers (or whatever they call it now, generates more hits).

I agree with your evaluation to a degree.

However if the accused was the actual purchaser the Police would in particular omit his name from a direct quote about exactly who actually purchased it. Sort of in the spirit of only allowing very specific details of evidence to be presented/unveiled in the proper place-Court.

So just a change in referring to employee could be a less specific and less publicly damning revelation of DM's purchase. Not an untrue Police statement but not a pretrial prejudice to the case.
So the MSM reports what the believe was told to them or they interpret what was told to them.

As stated before, the jury won't likely care as much who purchased the incinerator as who used it and whom it was used on.

ETA Also when you bring a person in, read them their rights and question them about who(if not DM)asked them to order a incinerator, and begin to ask more imposing pointed, culpable questions, most periphery individuals will cooperate, even if reluctant.

Many may be willing to claim friendship with DM but none will be willing to claim the same cell block addy.

Oh no don't make me go looking for that one lone article that talked about someone meeting his gorgeous gf/fiancée at the airport. I honestly don't have time but it exists!

I don't know but Ann's "sources" could just be the ones whose story desperately needs to be told their way. Maybe too desperately. Dellen Millard is in jail and won't be getting bail. Why don't these people show their courageous faces already? What can they lose? Are they still on the payroll?

If Ont is correct in his/her feelings, then it is even more interesting that WM is the only other person who came around to see and size up the farm prior to its purchase. Surely then he knew DM was engaged or he was up to no good right alongside him.

How many times do I have to do this :scared: today?

I wish I had more time as well - but that payroll question comes to my mind many times when I read posts here. Who is employed to watch DM's back and what is left of his business?

I'm gonna say it was to house drugs. Perhaps even to make drugs. JMO. Was there any electrical hookup at the farm?

Yes you can see a hydro line go from the street to the barn in Google Maps

There also would be water (for the animals)

ETA ...but whether or not he is paying for hydro service right now is another thing

Oh no don't make me go looking for that one lone article that talked about someone meeting his gorgeous gf/fiancée at the airport. I honestly don't have time but it exists!

This is the article but there is no fiancee

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2876852-from-jetliners-to-police-tape/

I don't know but Ann's "sources" could just be the ones whose story desperately needs to be told their way. Maybe too desperately. Dellen Millard is in jail and won't be getting bail. Why don't these people show their courageous faces already? What can they lose? Are they still on the payroll?

If Ont is correct in his/her feelings, then it is even more interesting that WM is the only other person who came around to see and size up the farm prior to its purchase. Surely then he knew DM was engaged or he was up to no good right alongside him.

How many times do I have to do this :scared: today?

Actually it's not unusual for kids to ask their parent's approval on the first chunk of land they ever buy. Certainly all my siblings and friends and I did so. MB wasn't closely in contact with DM for the last 10 years, explaining her absence.

AE, IMO, DM may have purchased the farm because he saw true value in the large dairy barn and topography of the land. IMO, this particular farm offers a tremendous amount of privacy, both out in the bowl like field flanked by bush, or at the barn which has a main entrance obscured from view of any neighbors. If there was manure, straw & hay left behind in the barn, it could come in handy if you had to compost a carcass or two. Of course an incinerator is just a bit faster. MOO

IMO, what's always struck me as unusual about the whole farm acquisition is how DM became aware of it. DM lived in Etobicoke and the airport is on the Etobicoke side of Cambridge. IMO, it seems strange that DM would have found himself scouring the country side on the other side of Cambridge looking for a place to build his dream home. He didn't find the listing on any website, he called the Realtor off of the sign, indicating to me that a young man from Oakville, with business between Cambridge & Toronto, just happened to be driving down "Roseville" Road that day and said "wow...this is the place for me! and I'll pay $835K for it!!" IMO, I would think that there was plenty of property between Oakville and Bresleau that would have not only been more prestigious, but would have served DM better if he was actually looking to build his dream home. Perhaps WM became suspicious about DM's true intentions later on down the road?

" Nicholson recalls that events moved quickly in the spring of 2011. A few months earlier, Dellen Millard had called Nicholson from 2548 Roseville Rd., dialing the number on the For Sale sign and introducing himself.

Millard explained his interest in the farm, a 46-hectare property with an old barn, but no residence. Nicholson met him to walk the property. Millard eventually explained that he planned to build a house there for himself and his fiancée. “He was discussing, ‘where do you think is a good spot?’ ”

They met several times at the farm, joined sometimes by Dellen’s father Wayne Millard, president of family business Millardair. The father has since passed away.
"

http://www.therecord.com/sports-story/3243116-from-jetliners-to-police-tape/

The farm is also an hour closer to the airport, that he thought he would be working at, than his home in Etobicoke.

Maybe his good friend from Brantford told him about the farm and suggested that he take a look at it. He may have travelled past it on his trips back and forth to the airport.

JMO

Was it Sharif or other airport management? I don't think the agent saw her at the site bless he saw her at the airport. I recall reports of someone or more than one meeting DMs pretty gf in the airport lounge.

Maybe the barn was meant to be the site that would house the cars as they would not be acceptable at the hangar after business got going? Since construction went over budget he had to wait to ever build his dream garage at his dream house. Wild guess but I think possible.

I don't think the barn is secure enough/in good enough condition/big enough for this IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphmaic