Suspect #1: Dellen Millard *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 15 May 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped
If you think you can connect the dots, and you have linked sources, go for it. By the same token, others who would like to explore a different angle where the connection is not immediately obvious, are free to do so (within TOS), and should not be faced with a barrage of objections and ridicule.

I wish I had the time to try.
There really is so much on the Toronto drug scene of late, I'd have to quit my day job or abandon the family to try and piece it all together.

Aren't most of the pictures we see of DM where he is on one trip or another? I know when I am away I get more lax about keeping up my clean cut appearance, and often wear the same thing more than once. Or perhaps many of the pictures we are familiar with were taken in the same day.

<modsnip> there are numerous pictures I have seen of DM on the www; not all in the MSM and there are more of him with scruff than without. Many I wouldn't say are just a days worth of growth, but the type of short growth some young men like to sport on a regular basis, even going as far as to use a razor attachment to maintain that few days growth look (shadow) kwim. Even pictures of DM from years ago; the one of him wearing the pink shirt and hat and another black and white one of him with his mom and a young woman. I just happened to have found the statement made by DP a bit odd or maybe he doesn't know his client all that well, that's all. :seeya: &#8220;He is tired, he&#8217;s unshaved which is not the norm for him. Normally he&#8217;s very clean-cut,&#8221; Paradkar said.

Not necessarily so in DM and/or MS's case but people who use cocaine and then stop suffer withdrawal symptoms and one of the main symptoms is tiredness/fatigue. I guess going from having so much freedom/doing as one pleases on a daily basis to being thrown into a tiny jail cell liked a caged animal, could cause a lot of bizarre symptoms also. Especially if you give thought to the potential fact, that cell may be your permanent home. MOO.

Withdrawal symptoms
After taking cocaine on a regular basis, the user will almost inevitably become addicted. When the drug is discontinued immediately, the user will experience what has come to be known as a "crash" along with a number of other cocaine withdrawal symptoms, including paranoia, depression, exhaustion, anxiety, itching, mood swings, irritability, fatigue, insomnia, an intense craving for more cocaine, and in some cases nausea and vomiting. Some cocaine users also report having similar symptoms to schizophrenia patients and feel that their mind is lost. Some users also report formication: a feeling of a crawling sensation on the skin also known as "coke bugs". These symptoms can last for weeks or, in some cases, months. Even after most withdrawal symptoms dissipate most users feel the need to continue using the drug; this feeling can last for years and may peak during times of stress. About 30-40% of cocaine addicts will turn to other substances such as medication and alcohol after giving up cocaine. There are various medications on the market to ease cocaine withdrawal symptoms.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cocaine_dependence"]Cocaine dependence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Thanks AD for taking the time to find those.

Swedie I am convinced that if there was anything for them to know, at least a couple of those friends would have been very involved in these types of activities. Particularly one whose FB comment included "I feel like stealing a car" (or something very similar).

If two people were "strung out" on drugs, I find it highly unlikely this was unrecognizable by TB and he would not have gone for a drive with them. Strung out, imo, implies more than a little drugs in the system.
Jme, from my younger days, well into a drinking event, folks often did a line, or a couple lines, to "sober up" and appear straight to outsiders. Jme

Jme, from my younger days, well into a drinking event, folks often did a line, or a couple lines, to "sober up" and appear straight to outsiders. Jme

Hi Flossie .. good to see ya :)

Was talking with a friend once about someone who, I think I had said, "seemed like a pretty nice guy". My friend told me the guy does cocaine, and said if you ever went to one of his parties, he would seem to be the most uber-confident, fabulous host you could ever meet ... because he was on coke.

Also, a well-known, reputable resort in Ontario had an ongoing, popular live stage performance. A girl I knew used to go with the star of the show, and she told me that whenever he went on stage, he was high on coke in order to put on such a great performance.

Gosh, I find Tylenol Arthritis works pretty good :floorlaugh:

Good to see you sillybilly! You are giving me Deerhurst flashbacks lol. Yes coke can make one uber confident for sure.

And strung out has varying definitions. In my day it was needing a "fix" not high. And the coke high is very different than say doing the nod after chasing the dragon or a mellow pot or hash stone or touchy feely E high or shroom giggle fest or bad k hole experience or pills like oxy etc. Never seen anyone on meth. Scary imo. Jme as always.

Yes this is true. I don't know what type of high these two may have sought (if they were high), but from what I can tell MS was more into mood altering drugs rather than performance enhancers; in that light a strung out person does and would appear strung out. Then again, IF the plan was to hijack a car, taking a little coke beforehand may be part of the plan. Well we don't know if anyone was strung out on anything - this is all for argument's sake. :twocents:

ok finally found tweets from court room thru cold pizza's post...court appearance was short for both! They are remanded back into court Oct.31....prelinminary hearings are separate...so IMO it looks like they will be in trial SEPARTE..here is a tweet I copied...hope it works....

Court is now over think it said 10;35. Quick appearance from both Millard and Smich #sl from reporter >>>it is at the bottom of article Coldpizza article in documents(on here ) >>>You can see tweets if you want to look...twitter will work better when they are in COURT for trial...sorry tried the best I could...robynhood.

I am wondering if any family members of the accused were in court today. If not, I find that to be most telling of where I stand on guilt or innocence . If my child were appearing in court and I was convinced he was innocent and was being framed. I would be right there front row and center showing my support and speaking to the media about my son's innocence. I find it strangely quiet in that regard.

Disagree with your point - this case has been a media circus where the public has already judged them as guilty. I'm sure their friends/families have been harassed and targeted... so it seems neither safe nor smart. If they were to be at the courthouse, the media would exploit them as the next story angle. Did you see how the media took that boat rental guy's story (he rented to dm) and turned his life into a living hell?

Disagree with your point - this case has been a media circus where the public has already judged them as guilty. I'm sure their friends/families have been harassed and targeted... so it seems neither safe nor smart. If they were to be at the courthouse, the media would exploit them as the next story angle. Did you see how the media took that boat rental guy's story (he rented to dm) and turned his life into a living hell?

Respectfully, what makes you so sure? I haven't read anything in the MSM which suggests this.

How so? Could you post a link to back your statement? TIA.

Given the media circus and the portrait of Ms. Burns by those who know her (neighbours <modsnip>) she is not about to draw attention on herself in front of the media. She can show her support face to face. Perhaps when the case goes to trial she will attend if she has not done so already. Since we are unaware of media tracking her down, they may not recognize her even if she were there. If she can be present and unnoticed, that's another story. She may have reason to fear for her safety in attending for all we know. In the meantime, her presence should mean nothing to the rest of us. Especially someone who is private like that. The second she opens her mouth to suggest innocence her privacy is over and she will be subject to attacks on message boards, Facebook and possibly in person. All sincerely Moo!

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Given the media circus and the portrait of Ms. Burns by those who know her (neighbours <modsnip>) she is not about to draw attention on herself in front of the media. She can show her support face to face. Perhaps when the case goes to trial she will attend if she has not done so already. Since we are unaware of media tracking her down, they may not recognize her even if she were there. If she can be present and unnoticed, that's another story. She may have reason to fear for her safety in attending for all we know. In the meantime, her presence should mean nothing to the rest of us. Especially someone who is private like that. The second she opens her mouth to suggest innocence her privacy is over and she will be subject to attacks on message boards, Facebook and possibly in person. All sincerely Moo!

Sent using Tapatalk 2
I agree with you on this one Snoofo! IMO, MB is between a rock and a hard place and neither may be particularly comfortable. JMHO, but my heart goes out to her having to deal with all of this. The same holds true for MS's family. IMO, the media has been very respectful of all families involved.

Unfortunately for MB, DM is a much more interesting character than MS. There seems to be much more happening in DM's life even though he's in segregation in Hamilton and the person entrusted with his affairs seems to be MB. IMO, that's why there's an interest in MB. The minute the trailer was found in her driveway was the minute the media circus arrived in her life. If the trailer was at MS's place, IMO, the situation may have been different. With that being said, MB's presence at DM's court appearances, even though they may be comforting for DM, would serve no purpose and could very well expose her and TB's family to unnecessary stress and trauma. But, as you point out, she may very well be in attendance without any recognition or fanfare. MOO

I agree with you on this one Snoofo! IMO, MB is between a rock and a hard place and neither may be particularly comfortable. JMHO, but my heart goes out to her having to deal with all of this. The same holds true for MS's family. IMO, the media has been very respectful of all families involved.

Unfortunately for MB, DM is a much more interesting character than MS. There seems to be much more happening in DM's life even though he's in segregation in Hamilton and the person entrusted with his affairs seems to be MB. IMO, that's why there's an interest in MB. The minute the trailer was found in her driveway was the minute the media circus arrived in her life. If the trailer was at MS's place, IMO, the situation may have been different. With that being said, MB's presence at DM's court appearances, even though they may be comforting for DM, would serve no purpose and could very well expose her and TB's family to unnecessary stress and trauma. But, as you point out, she may very well be in attendance without any recognition or fanfare. MOO

By the way Ms. Sherlock, it's great when we agree!:Banane57:

FWIW, I enjoy your thoughtful posts even when we don't agree! Usually. ;)

[/B]

Respectfully, what makes you so sure? I haven't read anything in the MSM which suggests this.

How so? Could you post a link to back your statement? TIA.

The story about the yacht rental guy is here
“Immediately after The Expositor ran the information that I shared, that same day a story came out in the Hamilton Spectator that stated I saw ‘large amounts of blood around the boat rented by Dellen Millard, owner Chris Blodgett says’,” Mr. Blodgett explained. “That is when the fear set in because I never said anything remotely close to that statement, to anybody, ever. I was then hounded by the Toronto Star (among many others) who basically threatened me by saying they intended to run the same story unless I spoke with them and gave them a new story. I hoped that if I just stopped responding to their emails and phone calls that they would leave me alone. At the same time I told the CBC that while the information reported in The Expositor was accurate, I would decline any further comment.”

http://www.manitoulin.ca/2013/06/05...onal-media-police-in-assisting-millard-probe/

Maybe MB has judged him as witnessed by her absence. Based on neighbors she and DM weren't close.

Maybe her actual hands on support goes only as far as business/financial.

I suspect she was a private person before and chooses to remain so. It's actually the best position to have in her situation.

Curious....could you link or elaborate on how "sure" you are wrt the harassment and threats of family and friends mentioned in your post? Or was that supposition/figure of speech?

ETA..Also MS's parents are not together IIRC and not likely to be together in a courtroom either. That wouldn't explain any lack of presence from his sister and BIL however.

On the subject of MB she is probably the "family" that visits DM "once a week"

Maybe MB has judged him as witnessed by her absence. Based on neighbors she and DM weren't close.

Maybe her actual hands on support goes only as far as business/financial.

I suspect she was a private person before and chooses to remain so. It's actually the best position to have in her situation.

Curious....could you link or elaborate on how "sure" you are wrt the harassment and threats of family and friends mentioned in your post? Or was that supposition/figure of speech?

ETA..Also MS's parents are not together IIRC and not likely to be together in a courtroom either. That wouldn't explain any lack of presence from his sister and BIL however.

Did they make everyone sign in at the courtroom, and where can I see this list to make sure that MB was absent? It's a little early to be judging who may be judging whom at this point, in my opinion. To speculate on the feelings of a mother for her only child is unsavoury, in my opinion, and to speculate that she may have judged and rejected her child goes against what normally happens, from what I can tell, and frankly is a bit of a harsh judgement of MB, who is herself a victim in this case, in my opinion.

Personally I find it quite normal that someone who apparently shuns the media, is likely to avoid the circus-like atmosphere that accompanies even the most minor of court dates, when she can go and visit him in person. Court dates are not visits, they don't get to sit and have tea together after, they are not even allowed to speak to each other from what I know. Wouldn't it make more sense for her to save her visits to see him privately without all the media there, set to capture her emotions to feed the appetites of the media loving masses?

I really don't think that this is any way to try to determine a person's guilt or innocence; basing a supposition on what their mom might be seen doing or not doing, and using that to try to determine what she might be thinking and feeling. To me, it makes even less sense than saying 'he is in jail, therefore he must be guilty'. Of course, this is all my opinion only.

hmmm... since I was asked always for a LINK...can you provide one too?...post #139..that is posted right above me on this thread....that would be so KINDLY appreciated>>>>and thanks for your opinion too...:)...robynhood...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000