Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1stDeg Murder 22 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I read somewhere was that someone found the phone in the parking lot with the battery also nearby. She picked the parts up, put it together, turned it on and called the number "home" from the list of names on the phone.

This has been debunked as a RUMOR. Let's make sure we don't keep repeating it.

Just a thought, can we get a thead with just the photos that are posted throughout the many threads? It would be very helpful, thank you!

Yes, I was thinking about that as I was reviewing past threads last night, and noticed we had quite a few photos -- with links-- and some contributed by members. I'll set up one today.

Regarding the <modsnip> or guitar strings or taser...

I HIGHLY doubt anything that would have caused a huge amount of blood to spill into the truck would have been the choice method.

Why?

Because they wanted THE TRUCK. It would have been extremely difficult to have a person who had suffered their demise in such a manner and not have it everywhere in the truck, not just the seats. I DO NOT want to get any more graphic than this... I will simply say that if you cut certain arteries, there is arterial spray... it is in tune with the heart beat and can take several minutes to cease.

The Shocking to subdue or taser... would not have left the evidence of "a struggle" in the truck that the LE stated was present...

IMNSHO.

So, what do the truck theorists think was the intention for the man, if the only motive was robbery?

I don't really buy the theory that because Tim resisted, they killed him. The reason is because the failed Etobicoke test encouraged the perps to be better prepared for their crime.

They were PREPARED for the man.

I remember the homemade machete info came from a poster that had found MS's Facebook.

CARJACKING Why bother doing this? DM is perfectly able to afford this vehicle. Why not just buy one off a lot somewhere? If it sounds like lots more fun to steal one instead, why not steal one off a lot somewhere? Key? No problem. DM has lots of trailers and tow trucks. This one is destined to be chopped anyhow so who cares if it doesn't run?

THRILL KILL Why choose a hale and fit young farmer and family man whose sudden absence will definitely attract almost immediate LE attention throughout the region and across the nation? If this was the purpose, why not grab some homeless drunk off the streets whose loss might never be reported or taken seriously by LE or, sadly, by anybody else. Moreover, not to be unduly insensitive about this, but why choose a man at all when most women would arguably be much easier to overwhelm?

In either case, why would these city slickers phone their victim, then arrive at a farm, on foot, quite late at night wearing orange and red, flash tattoos (perhaps) and engage with the victim's wife? They seemed so intent on leaving a trail, it's almost surprising that they didn't leave business cards behind.

Neither of these motivating scenarios stand up under scrutiny, imo It just doesn't add up and, if it doesn't add up, it's because important parts of the equation are missing.

respectfully snipped for focus

Regarding the machete, where is this coming from? I'm not picking on anyone, but this is how rumors spread. So let's clear it up now. I'm going to open a new thread here soon, and I'd like us to make a fresh start.

I remember seeing it in msm as a quote from a friend...Just can't remember where. He had said something about how he had a homemade machete in his garage. That's probably what people are referring to

Regarding the Machete (rumor at this point) or guitar strings or taser...

I HIGHLY doubt anything that would have caused a huge amount of blood to spill into the truck would have been the choice method.

Why?

Because they wanted THE TRUCK. It would have been extremely difficult to have a person who had suffered their demise in such a manner and not have it everywhere in the truck, not just the seats. I DO NOT want to get any more graphic than this... I will simply say that if you cut certain arteries, there is arterial spray... it is in tune with the heart beat and can take several minutes to cease.

The Shocking to subdue or taser... would not have left the evidence of "a struggle" in the truck that the LE stated was present...

IMNSHO.

IMO, there was a reason why MS was sitting behind TB and not behind DM when they drove off. The theory that they were just stealing a truck doesn't make sense. They had plenty of opportunity to pull TB out of the truck. Yes, he may have put up a fight, but, if they pulled over to say "switch drivers", they could have easily thugged him on the head and tossed him to the curb. MS already had experience in thugging. I'm sure with good lawyers, the whole "it was an accident" thing will play out, 1st degree down to manslaughter...etc etc and of course the fingers will point at MS. IMO, it's plausible to think that they wanted both and that's premeditated. The kill and the truck. MS and DM's ties to morbid films..IMHO MS's desire to keep challenging the law is problematic. DM's ability to be viewed as a victimized "successful wealthy business man" could be equally problematic.

So, what do the truck theorists think was the intention for the man, if the only motive was robbery?

I don't really buy the theory that because Tim resisted, they killed him. The reason is because the failed Etobicoke test encouraged the perps to be better prepared for their crime.

They were PREPARED for the man.

This.
It was planned because they had a follow car. I do think they were influenced/motivated by drugs though. Meth, coke or crack/crank would've given them the cajones/nerve to kill/dispose the body, and commit so any mistakes along the way.

IMHO MS is detoxing as I type.

I remember seeing it in msm as a quote from a friend...Just can't remember where. He had said something about how he had a homemade machete in his garage. That's probably what people are referring to
Welcome to WS, and thank you for the reply. Until someone provides a link, we're going to declare it a rumor.

:welcome5:

Can we have a sticky; there are two threads for the same case. It's confusing :(

Does anyone wonder if she knew something; or found out something and took off? It seems to me this family thinks she is alive. What do most of you feel?

Breaking Bad is one of the best written shows, on right now. This case doesn't have anything to do with the show.

Agreed that is well written. My point is that if Dexter is referenced as a influence, then Breaking Bad could be as well...if drugs are involved.

We are all allowed to speculate here, right?

Ok you guys. Start a new thread. . Post only known facts. No speculaion.
Then start pieceing the facts together. .start a time line. ..
Cant solve untill you do this. ..timeline. Facts. People arrested. .pics. .list out known.
Start a book.

Some of u guys gonna have people from mars involved soon

They've already brought satan into it...so not far off lol

There is no conclusive evidence that capital punishment deters crime. Do some research, and you'll see that both sides of the debate have done legitimate studies on this question, and all of it is at odds. My opinion? People don't think about the consequences for murder for one of two reasons - they are doing it in a fit of passion, or they have planned it and believe they'll get away with it.

I do not believe in 'the legitimacy' of studies on capital punishment as a deterrent. The logic is inevitably simplistic, trying the correlate numbers of capital crimes to the installment or de-installment of the death penalty. The result is motivated by a position people have already taken on the subject of capital punishment and therefore the studies are for all intents and purposes worthless. They pretend to supply the rationale to one's stance when in fact they are the product of that stance.

We should not care whether the death penalty is a deterrent or not. The state is a sovereign power in the land and IMO it has the duty to consider capital punishment for capital offences. If people want to tell me that there are no capital offenses, that everything is tolerable and forgivable, they are either naive or twisted, at any rate they have no sense of justice.

See my short essay on why I believe having capital punishment on the books is necessary.

Best,
Jiri

there are only two tweets - the one referencing Mark 5:4 and his latest when I check the account

The previous tweets have all been erased, but several hours before LE announced TB had been found, this person tweeted something about the farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme