Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1stDeg Murder 22 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last 20 pages of this thread are all "IMO's", rumors dupes, trolls and religious arguments. Maybe one post per 3 pages is noteworthy but theahority of people here now are high on ssensationalism. Too bad this was an interesting thread....

And yet only one alert.

Was it "seats" or the back seat?

I read seats were removed. I don't think they specified which were removed.
I own a similar year Ram. The 2 front seats have separate backs on mine. It is really 3 sections. I ordered it new, and don't believe there were any seat options to choose for the front, other than the material and colour. It has a pop up console in between the driver and front passenger. This can be put in the upright position for a 3rd person in the front center position.
I distinctly remember the options for rear were either with or without the cargo floor. An option which you can fold the rear seat up, and a metal floor pops out making a platform. My spouse didn't want the cargo floor, but I insisted. We have a very large dog and got the cargo floor so the dog doesn't get mud or hair on the seats. The rear is described as a 60/40 split in the owner's manual, but more like a 2/3 & 1/3 split. It is one long section, 2 passengers. And then a single seat. It's designed for folding down to accommodate extra cargo like a cooler. My point of the lengthy description is that there are in actuality 5 seat sections in the Ram. It just takes a lot to describe it. Some one said the interior was probably black a while back but mine is Grapite grey, very dark, which we were told was the most popular colour choice for the interior. The fabric seat option attracts a lot of hair and lint, so from experience I know forensics would have been very busy removing evidence from TB's truck if it had the fabric option.

Anyone have the MSM links that described DM's Oakville residence being converted into a '24 hour party place'? These articles mentioned giant fishtanks and multiple TV's and game consoles. It would be very interesting to see where that house was located in relation to where MS was living. Almost a no-brainer (IMO) for how a rich kid with bought friends would meet a jobless slacker/druggie.

I haven't seen that article, but I did find some picture account with a bunch of fish tanks and a car. I think it was an AS profile, but I can't remember for sure.

Doubtful imo.

Opinion noted, thanks.

Why it could be possible:

The suspects, according to the police, are "active users of social media". They are also photographers and film makers/actors. We live in the age of the image, and it's not uncommon for someone to take a picture of the most trivial, mundane thing and post it on FB or Twitter for the whole world to see, whilst making a comment as if it were something of real importance. Lest anyone try to draw a strawman, I'm not suggesting that a snuff film was being made. However, I do see it as possible that an image or several may have been snapped onto an iPhone or Blackberry, etc. Anywhere, at any time, a pic could have been taken during what transpired, and at any scene where evidence was found.

Then where would they put it?? Were they supposed to park the truck/trailer in a strangers lane way...? I'm pretty sure someone would notice a random vehicle on their property and would investigate it immediately. Were they supposed to try and dispose of a body in an unfamiliar area and be discovered red handed?

Couldn't they just abandon the truck on a dead end road? Dump the body in a ditch or lake? At that time of night and in the backroads areas they were in, there are lots of places they could have dropped it off without being seen.
If they thought they would get caught if the truck and body were found, then these options wouldn't make sense of course.

A judge would have to be nuts to grant bail in this case. A person of DM's resources and dual piloting skills would pose a huge flight risk imo.
As for the Yukon suspect(s) I would think that either police is tailing them around the clock or that person has come in and tried to work out a deal, which is what they mean when they say there is no danger.
My theory is that by the time the Yukon driver(s) pulled to the side of TB's truck TB was already deceased. Forensics almost certainly knows if TB's body was ever transferred to the Yukon, or if he was transported to the farm in the stolen truck. Regardless of how that aspect went down the Yukon suspect(s) will be the ones who squeal first and loudest imo, in an attempt to avoid that 1st degree murder charge.

I've seen a lot mentioned about DM being a pilot, but I haven't seen anything, anywhere to indicate that DM's license was still valid. Did DM hold a multi engine or and instrument rating? Did he ever get his commercial license? Were the planes registered to the Co still flying? All of those additional ratings and licenses require 3 things. Money, dedication and commitment. No doubt DM had the money and resources ie planes. Too much emphasis on the fact he was a pilot. What we know is that he got his student pilots license at 14 and wouldn't have legally been able to get his Private Pilots license until he was 17. http://www.pilottraining.ca/site/learn-to-fly/canadian_air_regulations_private_pilot_licence.php

Even after a license is granted, he would have had to keep that license current. I doubt DM had a current license and could have flown anywhere. I also doubt that he had any close friends that were pilots. IMO, DM did not have the self discipline or desire to work hard at achieving anything. MS did not have the desire to work hard at achieving anything. IMHO Birds of a feather, flock together. DM was trying to feel important and the only people he was important to would be other underachievers. But, could he be a flight risk? IMO definitely. DM has the resources, good looks and charm to buy himself out of a mess, MS does not. IMO, a person who has apparent wealth and is well groomed (DM) is more dangerous than the person who is poor and not sporting designer cloths (MS). Why? Normal, everyday people like the TB's of the world drop their guard. Society praises money and good looks so much that they could never imagine anyone that has those qualities as a psychopath. That's why they try to get away with murder. JMHO

I know the tweets I was looking at the night before they announced TB was found were directed at AM, and I assumed that they were in that language because of AM's ethnicity....of course my opinion was based only on his name.

Do you have a link to those tweets or can you tell me what they said?

Couldn't they just abandon the truck on a dead end road? Dump the body in a ditch or lake? At that time of night and in the backroads areas they were in, there are lots of places they could have dropped it off without being seen.
If they thought they would get caught if the truck and body were found, then these options wouldn't make sense of course.

Dump and sanitize would have made sense if they wanted to get rid of truck, but none of this makes sense. Thrill kill, or mediocre Mob mentality.
I think all went sour when the dimwitted got involved. DM should have picked his posse better. But then again there always is a lower end of the chain.
Fingers crossed the Crown and Judge do their jobs properly.

I remember it was back in the very first TB thread, stated as a "well meaning sleuth" had set up an account, keeping in mind that people at the time around DM were of "Polish" decent and posted some "things" as a sort of bait etc...

UNLESS there was another and separate time...

Polish uses the Latin alphabet, not the Cyrillic.

Just a thought, can we get a thead with just the photos that are posted throughout the many threads? It would be very helpful, thank you!

I've been reading the posts for a while now, and apologies if I missed out on this, but something has been on my mind for a long time...

Both DM and MS (MS especially) had plenty of time to hide. Whether killing TB was premeditated or unplanned, it's evident they tried to get rid of the evidence (truck in trailer, burning of body, etc). Next step would be to hide in hopes that LE doesn't catch you, right?

Even if we argue that they didn't think they were going to get caught - after the arrest of DM, MS surely knew that LE was onto something and would have attempted to hide somewhere.

All JMO, but I am still somewhat for the theories of organized crime.

Except that MS was to be part of his sister's wedding. How could he explain not showing up for that? If MS family reported him as "missing" that would just put the police on his case for sure, even if they weren't already.. Maybe the police knew his sister was getting married and were following him everywhere even earlier, trying to find more on suspect #3

Hey All, New here but have been following the case since it started and have been reading these treads almost non stop since yesterday and just got around now to registering. After reading most of the posts I thought I would share some info about the truck it self that may be of interest to some, I am a Dodge (Cummins Diesel) nut and know pretty much everything about them from 1989 when the Cummins diesel was first shoe horned under the hood right up to the current models which I actually just bought a few months ago.

Unlike any other make or model of truck these Cummin's powered trucks are different in that there are major motor changes in certain half years which can, and does make them very desirable. Here is a run down of some changes thru the years

1989-was the introduction of the 5.9L Cummins to the Dodge Trucks
1993.5 was the intro introduction to inline "P-pump" (diesel injection pump and is the most desirable of all the fuel systems)(this change was do to the EPA for emissions requirements)
1994 was the introduction of the new body style 2nd Generation trucks which still ran the "P-Pump" until 1998
1998-the body style stayed the same but they introduced the Quad Cab (4 doors instead of 2) This is the most rare of all Dodge Cummins trucks having the "quad cab" and the P-Pump and if you are lucky enough to have a 5 speed manual truck, that truck is known to all diesel nuts as the "holly grail" as the horsepower was increased for that 1/2 a year if it had a 5-speed manual transmission.
1998.5 was the introduction of a very undesirable injection pump called the VP44)(this change was do to the EPA for emissions requirements) the truck still had the 2nd Generation body
2003- was the change to the 3rd Generation body (the style of TB's truck) and again due to emissions changes the motor had a fuel system change to a "common rail, high pressure injection system. (there was issues in the first few model years of this generation with the drivetrain not holding up to the power of the motor and the later years are by far the most desirable)
2007.5-although the truck still had the 3rd Generation body, the entire motor was changed to something all new due to emission changes yet again. This new motor was the 6.7L Cummins Turbo diesel and had MANY MANY issues of the motor because of the emissions equipment of the truck and is probably the least desirable Cummins powered dodge trucks of all time.
2010-brought the current 4th Generation body style and a very revamped fuel/emissions system.

I am almost 100% sure that TB's truck was a 5.9L Cummins Diesel Powered 2007 Dodge just by the looks of the decals and minor appearance tweaks that were made that half year. That would make TB's truck one of the most desirable of all Cummins powered trucks due to the lack of emissions and if by chance his truck was a 6-speed manual transmission truck...it would be even more rare and even more desirable.
As soon as I heard the news about TB going missing and hearing the circumstances I honestly believed that his truck was stolen and was either being shipped to Europe or to Australia (every time I have put one of these Dodge Cummins trucks on Auto Trader I have received more calls from those to continents than I did from all of Ontario! and it is very well known that there is a HUGE theft ring of these trucks being stolen and shipped overseas and even more for the most desirable trucks such as those 1998 trucks or the 2007 trucks! I have heard of people paying 100k for these trucks in Europe and even more in Australia.....I still have a hunch that DM quite easily could have had connections in those rings and being a "Cummins guy" him self (his red truck was a 5.9 Cummins) he would know a thing or two about them. It is quite possible that the other truck DM and MS took for the test drive the day before was non a 2007 but a 2007.5 (the LE did say that the previous test drive was a newer model!) and if that truck wasn't on there hit list than it was no use going any further with it and they started to look elsewhere!

I am sure if this theory was true they had a chance to make some major fast money and would only have had to get TB out of the truck and a quick short trip to the container loading docks along the lake....TB being the guy he was and taking pride of his belongings probably put up a fight and that's where he met his fate.

As far as a few other answers to a few posts on here....
-These dodge trucks only have a bench seat in the rear...no bucket seats although the seat does flip up giving access to storage under the seat.

-As far as the incinerator goes...although it would need power to run the blowers and thermostat, the amount of watt's required to run it would be very minimal and there are VERY VERY quite gas generators available such as ones you will see RV's having that make next to no noise. With this combination, you would have a hard time hearing it run from even a few hundred feet away...put a wooded area into the mix and that distance would become even shorter!

Thanks for all the great info previous to this and lets hope an end to this madness happens soon and all those involved are behind bars!

RyeGuy#1

This has been one of the most informative posts concerning the technical aspect of this case and establishes a strong theory for the motive.

Just a thought on the weapon MS might have used. A guitar string, with the ends wrapped so he could pull without being cut. If MS had his feet firmly planted and pulled back with his weight, I don't think any body could have the strength to get that off their neck. Guitar string is also used for cutting. I work at a school where plaques and pictures are siliconed to the walls so they can't be knocked off and injure a child. The only way to get them off is a guitar string and back and forth motion to saw them off the wall. Sorry if it creates and ugly vision, but it would be a weapon that after seeing that awful video, would be easy to obtain for MS.

I believe bitcoin is used in mmorpgs as well.
People make money off selling in game $ or buy in game $.

Ok you guys. Start a new thread. . Post only known facts. No speculaion.
Then start pieceing the facts together. .start a time line. ..
Cant solve untill you do this. ..timeline. Facts. People arrested. .pics. .list out known.
Start a book.

Some of u guys gonna have people from mars involved soon

Okay, that's a split bench seat in the rear, so it would be "seats". Thanks.

His Ram was listed as 2007, 3500 Heavy Duty, Turbo Diesel... something else about the truck... and a previous poster here, stated it was the most desirable of the Rams (paraphrased)

SB said that on their first date...
On their first date, he rolled up to her house in his truck to take her out to dinner. It didn’t start well. When he walked around to open the passenger door, she froze. “What’s that?” she asked. “A baby seat,” he said.
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/18/tim_bosma_the_painful_search_for_a_missing_man.html

I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT TRUCKS lol!! :D

Would a baby seat git on a split rear seat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme