Suspect - Daniel Heinrich #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I showed Dan a picture of a 1984 Buick Regal. He said it looked very much like the car he saw, it could be the one. I have no idea though, if Heinrich had access to that care in 1989. Please note, however, that we don't know what model of Buick Heinrich was driving.

"We" do not know the model...but LE does. Another nail in the coffin for local LE. The only eyewitness to the crime described 2 vehicles that were out of place to be in that neighborhood. Their investigation into Heinrich in late 89 would've included all previous LE reports and of course the statements of one of the closest people they had to an eyewitness of Jacob's abduction. It was right in front of their faces. Complete irrefutable incompetence! Peter Principle is correct...alive and thriving at the Stearns County Sheriff's Office.

I miss Bessie running this forum, she had the respect and ability to see me through here. I also felt like we were all following this case together, instead of just being moderator. We must do what we can to help out, her time devoted to us is worth that.

"We" do not know the model...but LE does. Another nail in the coffin for local LE. The only eyewitness to the crime described 2 vehicles that were out of place to be in that neighborhood. Their investigation into Heinrich in late 89 would've included all previous LE reports and of course the statements of one of the closest people they had to an eyewitness of Jacob's abduction. It was right in front of their faces. Complete irrefutable incompetence! Peter Principle is correct...alive and thriving at the Stearns County Sheriff's Office.

Unfortunately for Jacob and the Wetterlings I believe you are spot on.

Here is a list of reported attempts:
Date Name Age Car Description Location
1/13/89 Jared 12 Dark blue, 4 door, newer car Cold Spring
7/13/89 boy 4 unknown North St. Cloud
July 1989 Andrew 9 Light tan van, white trim, rust St. Joseph township, Kraemer Lake
Jul-89 boy ?? Van St. Joseph township, Kraemer Lake
10/22/89 Jacob 11 No vehicle seen St. Joseph
11/8/89 boy 9 unknown New Brighton
11/17/89 boy 13 Tan 4 door Lincoln Town car Roberts, WI
11/30/89 boy 15 Gray, large, older car white top Monticello
12/1/89 boy 10 Brown van Fridley, MN
12/19/89 boy ?? Red, medium 2 door w/ door guards Redwood Falls, MN
3/16/90 Jason 12 Green van, older St. Joseph
6/30/93 girl 8 Red car St. Joseph

The key here being "reported". There were others unreported as well.

On April 2, 1991, Paynesville police officer Stephen Lehmkuhl requested assistance from the Stearns County Sheriff’s Department. City residents had complained about a strange man driving a tan-colored vehicle that had been witnessed following boys on their newspaper delivery routes. A Stearns County deputy was dispatched to perform surveillance and he observed a tan-colored 1984 Buick driven by Danny Heinrich. Heinrich appeared to be following a paperboy through the downtown area. The deputy noted that although it appeared that Heinrich was stalk-ing newspaper boys, that he did not have probable cause to pull him over. The deputy wrote a report but no further action was taken.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/4908/921/24767960004_large.jpg

I showed Dan a picture of a 1984 Buick Regal. He said it looked very much like the car he saw, it could be the one. I have no idea though, if Heinrich had access to that care in 1989. Please note, however, that we don't know what model of Buick Heinrich was driving.

Makes sense. He cased the area in the afternoon in the Buick and made the abduction at night in the other car.

Makes sense. He cased the area in the afternoon in the Buick and made the abduction at night in the other car.

If you had done the same thing would you have knowingly drove into the building site again, and this time with Jacob? He was also seen both times. He asked to be caught, isn't that crazy?

If you had done the same thing would you have knowingly drove into the building site again, and this time with Jacob? He was also seen both times. He asked to be caught, isn't that crazy?

Yes. Because he believed that the Rassiers were gone. He probably watched them pack up and leave not knowing Dan stayed behind.

No, because it would delay the getaway unnecessarily.

No, because it would delay the getaway unnecessarily.

He had to make a swift decision. Drive up and around first and repark, potentially missing the kids and knowing his headlights would be shining towards the road, or park quick and take his chances driving around the driveway after the abduction. He chose the latter.

He had to make a swift decision. Drive up and around first and repark, potentially missing the kids and knowing his headlights would be shining towards the road, or park quick and take his chances driving around the driveway after the abduction. He chose the latter.

You've got to be kidding me. Why even a mask then?

What do you see as illogical other than what you've already stated? It's appearing that Heinrich drove a lot of different cars and we know from Jared's case that he was cruising and on the lookout for boys. Isn't it plausible that he was doing the same on that Sunday afternoon and drove through DR's farmstead. And, same as in Jared's case, he was driving around later that night and saw Jacob and the 3 boys and saw from whence they came, watched them at the TT, and then took his chances in DR's driveway? One thing that has stuck with me is DR's testimony that he saw a small child or woman with hands cupped over the eyes. Didn't Heinrich tell Jared to pull his cap over his eyes?

I would assume it would be difficult to drive with a black mask on his face....and thus ordering Jacob to look the other way and cover his eyes. Just a thought.

What do you see as illogical other than what you've already stated? It's appearing that Heinrich drove a lot of different cars and we know from Jared's case that he was cruising and on the lookout for boys. Isn't it plausible that he was doing the same on that Sunday afternoon and drove through DR's farmstead. And, same as in Jared's case, he was driving around later that night and saw Jacob and the 3 boys and saw from whence they came, watched them at the TT, and then took his chances in DR's driveway? One thing that has stuck with me is DR's testimony that he saw a small child or woman with hands cupped over the eyes. Didn't Heinrich tell Jared to pull his cap over his eyes?

I would assume it would be difficult to drive with a black mask on his face....and thus ordering Jacob to look the other way and cover his eyes. Just a thought.

LE has left us with 2 people and one of them knows what happened to Jacob. To be completely honest with you, it seems like it is either one right now. The current evidence against both is very questioning and should let noone absolutely decide. Unspoken for testing on this side, consistent tire and footprint on this side. The current state of the case is very harsh to those who follow it closely.

On April 2, 1991, Paynesville police officer Stephen Lehmkuhl requested assistance from the Stearns County Sheriff’s Department. City residents had complained about a strange man driving a tan-colored vehicle that had been witnessed following boys on their newspaper delivery routes. A Stearns County deputy was dispatched to perform surveillance and he observed a tan-colored 1984 Buick driven by Danny Heinrich. Heinrich appeared to be following a paperboy through the downtown area. The deputy noted that although it appeared that Heinrich was stalk-ing newspaper boys, that he did not have probable cause to pull him over. The deputy wrote a report but no further action was taken.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/4908/921/24767960004_large.jpg

Could easily be mistaken for an 80's model Monte Carlo, easy.
https://myclassicgarage.com/marketplace/knowledge_base/1980-chevrolet-monte-carlo

It was pretty warm out so a mask could be hot. But as far as driving, what would be the problem? I used to walk in - 20 weather and a face mask was needed. Many people use face masks. Skiing. Running, Usually you would take it off in a car cuz there is heat. People who work outside have to do all kinds of tasks with a mask in the brutal cold.

Certainly true if it was a ski mask with openings for the eyes. I was referring to a stocking mask which is completely black so he would have been looking through fabric.

Certainly true if it was a ski mask with openings for the eyes. I was referring to a stocking mask which is completely black so he would have been looking through fabric.

A stocking mask? In MN a stocking mask is a knit mask with holes. I think you mean a pantyhose mask. That is what the kids said he had, isn't it?

I wonder why he went that route when he had used regular masks in the past?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper