Suspect: Daniel Heinrich - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Its true , i talked people on both sides of the fence and they talked to me ... i welcomed anyone who cared to get involved with this case . WS is a great place to speculate and some of you are really good at it .... soooo whats next, where do we go from here ?

Anyone want to help me build a frisbee golf course in Paynesville ? ;)

It is your life and it really is presumptious of me, but I hope you will be a spokesperson, There are so many boys that have been damaged by abuse. You, as a man speaking out, can give them the courage to speak up. To not hold it in anymore. Patty set the foundation , and I think you have been chosen by the universe to expand it your own way. I truly believe this.

Jacob's kidnapping changed the world. I live in a Third World country now . They are dealing with the issues of child sex abuse which are rampant here.

So now I feel that you are the one to carry on. You are the one who knows what needs to be done.You will help to transform the earth for children everywhere.

Its true , i talked people on both sides of the fence and they talked to me ... i welcomed anyone who cared to get involved with this case . WS is a great place to speculate and some of you are really good at it .... soooo whats next, where do we go from here ?

Jared, please let me add my own thanks to you for your courage in coming forth as you did and helping to keep the pressure on LE to solve your case (and Jacob’s). Without your strength and commitment, who knows whether you or the Wetterlings would ever have received any answers at all from Heinrich. Best wishes in all your future endeavors!

I would be willing to help you write your story into a book, and donate the proceeds to your frisbee golf course project.

Jared, please let me add my own thanks to you for your courage in coming forth as you did and helping to keep the pressure on LE to solve your case (and Jacob’s). Without your strength and commitment, who knows whether you or the Wetterlings would ever have received any answers at all from Heinrich. Best wishes in all your future endeavors!

That sounds like a great idea

It is your life and it really is presumptious of me, but I hope you will be a spokesperson, There are so many boys that have been damaged by abuse. You, as a man speaking out, can give them the courage to speak up. To not hold it in anymore. Patty set the foundation , and I think you have been chosen by the universe to expand it your own way. I truly believe this.

Jacob's kidnapping changed the world. I live in a Third World country now . They are dealing with the issues of child sex abuse which are rampant here.

So now I feel that you are the one to carry on. You are the one who knows what needs to be done.You will help to transform the earth for children everywhere.

Great post Human! I couldn't agree more.

I'd like to thank shergal....for everything she's done for this website: Websleuths Jacob Wetterling. She has been a mainstay.....a keel in the waves of uncertainty. Always steadfast, always resigned....to the truth.

Thank you for having the courage to tell your story to the police as a young boy. Thank you for speaking out as an adult and getting back into the spotlight in order to bring Jacob's case back to the forefront. without you and your story and your willingness to share the unpleasant details, Jacob's murderer would not be found, nor would Jacob's body.

With your courage, you have also made it ok for other boys/men to come forward and speak about abuse they may have suffered as children. Sexual abuse is not often discussed when it comes to boys and it should be. Boys should feel empowered to tell their story to help others and to heal. They don't need to feel shame, it is not their fault. Thank you, Jared. You are truly an inspiration!

And I would totally help build a frisbee golf course if I lived nearby! Keep on being awesome and spreading your awesomeness around :)

I'd like to thank shergal....for everything she's done for this website: Websleuths Jacob Wetterling. She has been a mainstay.....a keel in the waves of uncertainty. Always steadfast, always resigned....to the truth.

Wow, thank you! I just like researching stuff. I think we have had a good team of sleuths here throughout the years, keeping the facts straight. :)

Can't view. Used up my free access. Don't want to delete history because I have to reenter every password,

Can anyone copy some highlights please?

For anyone who has the same issues as I, use someone else's computer to access . Duh!

quoting The Beatles...."And In The End, The Love You Take, Is Equal To the Love You Make"

Simply apply that to Heinrich and Jacob and the difference is VAST. God Bless The Wetterlings.

Has anyone heard any more details about where and when they located Heinrich's silver handgun. A St. Cloud times article said it was recovered about the time of the search of Heinrich's home, but we know it was not before the search, and it did not appear on the inventory of items taken from the home during the July 28, 2015 search.

Ideas?

Attached is an updated timeline, accounting for information that was recently made available from court documents. It's very clear here that Stearns was looking at Hart beginning in 2013, and it was the FBI taking over the case that brought Danny Heinrich back into the picture.

Jul 8, 2012 - A BCA report indicates that a DNA profile was obtained from Jared’s snowmobile suit, sweatshirt, and shirt. Results indicated the presence of DNA from an unknown male on the sweatshirt.

Aug 2, 2012 - Dan Rassier sends a 5-page letter to 14 different local and state agencies complaining of violation of his civil rights in being named a person of interest in Jacob's kidnapping. Rassier singles out several officials, but does offer some praise for local FBI Agent, Shane Ball as someone willing to listen.

May 14, 2013 - In a televised interview on WCCO, Dan Rassier describes the 2 cars he says he witnessed on the day of Jacob's abduction. One car was in the afternoon; the other was in the evening at about the time of the abduction.

Jun 24, 2013 – A Websleuths.com member sends an email to Joy Baker, with a suggestion to consider Duane Hart in Jacob’s case.

Aug 9, 2013 – Amateur sleuther Rob Ebben finds articles about Duane Hart and the Paynesville assault cluster in the online archives of the Paynesville Press. Ebben shares the information with blogger Joy Baker.

Aug 2013 – Joy Baker contacts Stearns County about the Paynesville assaults, and begins a push to publicize those assaults, and tie them together along with Duane Hart to Jared’s assault, and to and Jacob Wetterling’s abduction.

Dec 2013 – Stearns County Captain Pam Jensen and BCA agent Ken McDonald interview Duane Hart at the sex offender treatment facility in Moose Lake, Minnesota. Hart denies involvement in Jacob’s case, Jared’s case, and the Paynesville assault cluster. He denies knowledge of the baseball cap left behind in one of the Paynesville cases. Hart voluntarily provides a DNA sample.

Mar 5, 2014 - A BCA laboratory report indicates that DNA profiling was performed on a sample collected from a baseball cap that the suspect had left behind during the May 17, 1987 attack on a juvenile boy in Paynesville. Results indicate the presence of DNA from 3 or more individuals.

Mar 2014 – DNA results indicated that Duane Hart cannot be excluded as a contributor to DNA found on the baseball cap left behind during the May 17, 1987 Paynesville attack.

Apr 22, 2014 – Rob Ebben sends email to Stearns County Sheriff’s department suggesting that a man was arrested for Jared’s assault in 1990, per Al Garber’s book, Striving To Be The Best.

May 15, 2014 - In a televised interview on WCCO, Jared reiterates his belief that his case is related to Jacob's, and suggests it may also be related to the cluster of assaults in Paynesville 2-3 year prior.

Aug 2014 – BCA agent Ken McDonald once again goes to Moose Lake to interview Duane Hart.
The Wetterlings meet with Stearns County Sheriff John Sanner Captain Pam Jensen, and they ask that Jacob’s case be reviewed from the beginning.

Aug 22, 2014 – BCA agent Ken McDonald secures a search warrant to monitor phone calls, visitor logs, and patient records for Duane Hart. The phone calls and visitor logs to be monitored date back to July 2013.

Aug/Sep 2014 - The FBI later proposes to assemble a task force to take another look at the Jacob Wetterling abduction case. The FBI, BCA, and Stearns County agencies meet to determine a course of action to follow up on the FBI's proposal, and prepare for a surge in tips expected from an upcoming television program featuring the Wetterling case. No specific suspects are discussed during the meeting. An FBI agent who worked the Wetterling case in 1989/1990, currently stationed in Oklahoma, brings up Danny Heinrich’s name to the local FBI in St. Cloud.

Sep 6, 2014 – Rob Ebben sends Hart Notes to Stearns County Sheriff’s office, and offers to meet to discuss the notes. There was no reply.
Ebben sends Hart Notes to Joy Baker. Baker then forwards the documents to Patty Wetterling.

Sep 10, 2014 – Rob Ebben sends a copy of the Hart Notes to local FBI agent Shane Ball. The Hart Notes are a 25-page set of handwritten notes made by a private investigator working on behalf of Duane Allen Hart's defense Team. The notes were written in February 1990 and were thought by the investigator to have been lost many years earlier in an office purge of files. In the notes, Hart appears to be assisting investigators in identifying likely suspects in Jacob's and Jared’s cases. The notes include particular emphasis on Daniel Heinrich as a suspect. The notes also contain references to other unsolved cases in the area including the 1976 bombing of the Post Office in Kimball, MN and the 1983 murder of Scriver Olson from rural Belgrade, MN.

Sep 13, 2014 - FBI agent Shane Ball contacts Rob Ebben requesting the source of the Hart Notes. Informant responds with detailed information about the source.

Sep 14, 2014 – Rob Ebben follows up with email to FBI agent Ball that the private investigator's impression was that Hart was indicating Daniel Heinrich as a likely suspect due to his car, camouflage clothing, fascination with police scanners, rough and raspy voice when excited, and that he had been arrested in early 1990.

Nov 2014 – An FBI CARD (Child Abduction Rapid Deployment) team is implemented by FBI Agent Shane Ball and begins work to review the Wetterling case.

FBI Agent Shane Ball concludes that it is unclear why Daniel Heinrich was not the prime suspect in the kidnapping of Jacob Wetterling.

May 12, 2015 - Hair samples that had been collected from Daniel Heinrich on January 12, 1990 are submitted to the BCA for nuclear DNA testing.

Jul 10, 2015 - DNA samples from Jared’s sweatshirt are found to match the DNA of Daniel Heinrich. Heinrich's DNA was found to be an 80.5% match to DNA found on the cap that was recovered from the May 17, 1987 assault in Paynesville.

Jul 28, 2015 - Law enforcement officers execute a search warrant on the home of Daniel Heinrich located at 55 Myrtle Avenue South, in Annandale, MN. They were looking for a wide range of items related to the abduction of Jacob Wetterling. Investigators seize 19 three-ring binders containing child *advertiser censored*, home video footage of children delivering newspapers, news reports about the abduction of Jacob Wetterling and other missing children, a set of military-style camouflage pants and shirt, and several bins of children's clothing. Heinrich spoke with investigators during the search, acknowledging that they would find child *advertiser censored* and things that are "pretty damning," and that he was a "dirty old man."

Oct 28, 2015 - Executing a criminal complaint filed by FBI agent Shane Ball, Daniel Heinrich is arrested by investigators and charged with multiple federal counts of possession of child *advertiser censored*.

Nov 4, 2015 - In Federal Court in St. Paul, Judge Tony Leung rules that Danny Heinrich be held in jail without bail in connection to multiple counts of possession of child *advertiser censored*. FBI agent Shane Ball testifies that investigators decided to review the Wetterling case about a year ago and by November 2014 it was unclear why investigators were not still looking at Heinrich as a suspect. Ball said that cast impressions of shoe prints and tire tracks at the abduction scene were consistent with shoes belonging to Heinrich and tires on the 1982 Ford EXP that Heinrich owned at the time.

Dec 16, 2015 - Additional child *advertiser censored* charges are added to a federal indictment against Daniel Heinrich, bringing the total number of charges against Heinrich to 25.

Feb 22, 2016 - Danny Heinrich pleads not guilty in Federal court on 25 charges of child *advertiser censored*. A trial is scheduled for July 11, 2015.

Jun 27, 2016 – Danny Heinrich’s lawyers request additional time to prepare a change of venue appeal and to seek suppress of evidence seized at Heinrich’s home in July 2015.

Jul 11, 2016 – Danny Heinrich’s trial is postponed until October 11, 2016. U.S. District Judge John Tunheim grants Heinrich’s legal team additional time as requested on Jun 27.

Aug 31, 2016 – Danny Heinrich leads investigators to the location where he buried Jacob Wetterling. Jacob’s red jacket and bones are found. The bones are tested and determined to be animal bones.

Sep 2, 2016 – Danny Heinrich returns to the burial site and investigators expand the search for Jacob’s remains. Jacob’s remains are positively identified as his.

Sep 3, 2016 – Authorities confirm that the remains of Jacob Wetterling have been found in a field north of Paynesville. Danny Heinrich led authorities to Jacob’s grave after striking a plea agreement on child *advertiser censored* charges.

Sep 6, 2016 – Danny Heinrich confesses in federal court to the kidnapping and murder of Jacob Wetterling on October 22, 1989. Heinrich pleads guilty to one count of child *advertiser censored* in a plea agreement with prosecutors that involved a grant of immunity from prosecution in Jacob’s murder. Sentencing is scheduled for Nov 21, 2016.

Attachments

• The Wetterling Investigation – A Comprehensive Timeline.pdf
    187.6 KB · Views: 10
One of the things that investigators have been implying as of late, is that they had never lost sight of Heinrich, that they were just waiting for science to catch up to him. I'm not buying that at all. Look at the timeline here...why didn't they check Heinrich's DNA against the cap until 16 months after they checked it against Hart's DNA?

Mar 5, 2014 - A BCA laboratory report indicates that DNA profiling was performed on a sample collected from a baseball cap that the suspect had left behind during the May 17, 1987 attack on a juvenile boy in Paynesville. Results indicate the presence of DNA from 3 or more individuals.

Mar 2014 – DNA results indicated that Duane Hart cannot be excluded as a contributor to DNA found on the baseball cap left behind during the May 17, 1987 Paynesville attack.

May 12, 2015 - Hair samples that had been collected from Daniel Heinrich on January 12, 1990 are submitted to the BCA for nuclear DNA testing.

Jul 10, 2015 - DNA samples from Jared’s sweatshirt are found to match the DNA of Daniel Heinrich. Heinrich's DNA was found to be an 80.5% match to DNA found on the cap that was recovered from the May 17, 1987 assault in Paynesville.

One of the things that investigators have been implying as of late, is that they had never lost sight of Heinrich, that they were just waiting for science to catch up to him. I'm not buying that at all. Look at the timeline here...why didn't they check Heinrich's DNA against the cap until 16 months after they checked it against Hart's DNA?

I would love to elaborate on this right now but its been a long weekend to say the least . Perhaps the case files will provide more clarity ...

#hurry up and wait

For anyone who has the same issues as I, use someone else's computer to access . Duh!

O/t, but I just had a picture of you walk on down the road in your third world country, looking for neighbors whose computers you could use. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back