Suspect - Daniel Heinrich

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried to listen to the True Crime radio show, but all I get is a man raving about politics. Ugh!

That's not me! Lol. It's on at 8:00 central

Great discussion! Nice job, ELOC and Bessie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was great! And more to come as the case advances! :) Good job Tricia, bessie and ELOC!

There was so much more to say! And I know ELOC feels that way, too. Tricia will just have to do another show. That's all there is to it. :)

Thank you. I figured out the correct time, and I was able to listen. Fascinating show!

Great podcast! Now I get what they're trying to do by releasing that DH indictment. It's a form of social engineering. Anyone that dealt with DH online by trading photos in those chat-rooms is gonna read that indictment and see that screen name he used and realize who they were talking to. They're also going to realize the FBI might be knocking on their door soon since some of their names were in there also. They put just enough info in there to get people thinking about how they can save themselves by telling what they know about DH. Of course this is assuming he told someone what happened. If he's the type to brag he would have done in it a room full of child molesters. Have they mentioned any of those screen names on tv or in newspaper stories? I've mainly been reading about this online.

Article by: PAT DOYLE; STAFF WRITER, Star Tribune
Updated: December 14, 1989 - 10:00 PM
Police investigating the kidnapping of Jacob Wetterling said Thursday that they now have a prime suspect, a burly man who abducted and sexually assaulted another boy before releasing him...

The development came this week after three FBI interviews with a 12-year-old boy in Cold Spring, Minn., who told of being sexually assaulted last January. He described his assailant as a white man, 40 to 50 years old and wearing military-style fatigues and a baseball cap. Authorities had interviewed the boy previously but weren't certain until recently that his description was precise or that the abduction bore a strong similarity to the Wetterling kidnapping. "It's the guy we believe took Jacob," FBI agent Byron Gigler said yesterday...

Even though you can't click through any more, I just verified the article is in the Strib archives with a date of 12/15/89. So basically, DJH is a "prime suspect" within two months after Jacob was kidnapped...they knew (or should have known) within 24 hours that Dan saw a small blue car AT THE SAME TIME the kidnapping happened, and the tire prints and shoes from the Rassier driveway are consistent with that prime suspect's car and sneakers. What on earth could have happened to have 26 years pass between then and now with absolutely no forward movement?

If I were the Wetterlings, I think I would be absolutely livid by now. They are better people than I could ever hope to be.

Reply from thenotebook:

You said this perfectly. What in the H$%# have these guys been doing for 26 years?!? They HAD the CAR, they had the TIRES, and they had shoes that matched the PRINTS. Good grief.

My understanding; those tires aren’t ‘that’ common, because, they’re thinner than most tires and would only be outfitted on so many cars; and the combination of mismatched tires in a set of four found on a car matching the crime scene, is really somewhat exclusive; this combined with a shoe print belonging to a suspect who has a car with the tires and the same shoes… regardless of whether the shoes are fairly common, the specific shoe size is somewhat exclusive; the combination of tire prints, shoe prints, the match to the description and the profile – age, size/build, blue car, cammies, lifestyle, etc… plus his match to the sketch put out from Jared’s case…. Well, I fully understand the concept of ‘not enough to convict…’ I do… But, what my thinking would be in that case is that, although they did not have enough ‘right there’ to take it to court…. Well, they have enough right there that tells them that they need to keep looking and they have enough there that tells them where to focus… on DJH. Not having enough in their initial findings only tells them that they need more, but, with what they had, it sure seems to me that they should have known that they needed to have intense focus on DJH and keep with him to see what else they ‘could’ find…. I just really think he should have been a Very Main focus of the investigation…At least that’s my thinking.

I had really been wondering how long the Wetterlings have been aware of Heinrich; and to what extent, were they aware of how much information about him seemed to fit the crime scene. According to Patty in recent interview, they had heard the name from way back, but, then it faded away (like a number of others, I presume); but, she also said that she had ‘never’ seen anything about the footprint being associated with the crime scene, and then went on to talk about the tires….

Edit to add: original quote here is one that bufflehead is commenting on; other comments in bufflehead's original post #873

Someone referenced that DH was molested at the age of 12...any source?
I don't know if someone else made this statement, but in my previous posts I had hypothesized that DH might have been victimized around that age or might have had a physical encounter at that age that made him fixate on asking the boys he attacked to state their ages. He also searched the Web for 7th grade boys and yearbook photos of 7th grade, IIRC.

It wasn't a statement of fact. It was a amateur profile of DH's deviant behavior. I'm sorry if that might have been confusing.

Reply from thenotebook:

My understanding; those tires aren’t ‘that’ common, because, they’re thinner than most tires and would only be outfitted on so many cars; and the combination of mismatched tires in a set of four found on a car matching the crime scene, is really somewhat exclusive; this combined with a shoe print belonging to a suspect who has a car with the tires and the same shoes… regardless of whether the shoes are fairly common, the specific shoe size is somewhat exclusive; the combination of tire prints, shoe prints, the match to the description and the profile – age, size/build, blue car, cammies, lifestyle, etc… plus his match to the sketch put out from Jared’s case…. Well, I fully understand the concept of ‘not enough to convict…’ I do… But, what my thinking would be in that case is that, although they did not have enough ‘right there’ to take it to court…. Well, they have enough right there that tells them that they need to keep looking and they have enough there that tells them where to focus… on DJH. Not having enough in their initial findings only tells them that they need more, but, with what they had, it sure seems to me that they should have known that they needed to have intense focus on DJH and keep with him to see what else they ‘could’ find…. I just really think he should have been a Very Main focus of the investigation…At least that’s my thinking.
Spot on. There should have been focus on this POI, even if not publicly acknowledged. We know that they were not acknowledging him publicly because the documents from 1990 were sealed. But we just don't know what they were/were not doing with this POI all this time.
I had really been wondering how long the Wetterlings have been aware of Heinrich; and to what extent, were they aware of how much information about him seemed to fit the crime scene. According to Patty in recent interview, they had heard the name from way back, but, then it faded away (like a number of others, I presume); but, she also said that she had ‘never’ seen anything about the footprint being associated with the crime scene, and then went on to talk about the tires….

Edit to add: original quote here is one that bufflehead is commenting on; other comments in bufflehead's original post #873

For the sake of discussion, suppose they did know about him all this time. Like LE, they were obliged to keep it confidential.

Sigrun:
For the sake of discussion, suppose they did know about him all this time. Like LE, they were obliged to keep it confidential.

I agree with that, and in this particular interview, Patty pretty strongly emphasized that she was strong about keeping things confidential when LE said to.... the aspect I was more wondering about is; if they knew a long time ago what's known about DJH, and, meaning that, a lot of what's now known about DJH was known a long time ago by LE; so, I have to wonder, if she and Jerry had known, that long ago, how much from Heinrich really seemed to be connected to the crime, would they have prodded LE to pursue with more intensity.... It's pretty clear, I believe from this recent interview, that she was not familiar, as mentioned in previous post, whereas she states that she had 'never' known about the footprint match at the crime scene, so, that's pretty specific... this is the link to the interview that I'm referencing, it was linked previously in another post - http://www.kare11.com/videos/news/2015/11/05/75245014/ part II; and as we now hear, I believe, Trevor had no knowledge of this guy....

Sigrun:

I agree with that, and in this particular interview, Patty pretty strongly emphasized that she was strong about keeping things confidential when LE said to.... the aspect I was more wondering about is; if they knew a long time ago what's known about DJH, and, meaning that, a lot of what's now known about DJH was known a long time ago by LE; so, I have to wonder, if she and Jerry had known, that long ago, how much from Heinrich really seemed to be connected to the crime, would they have prodded LE to pursue with more intensity.... It's pretty clear, I believe from this recent interview, that she was not familiar, as mentioned in previous post, whereas she states that she had 'never' known about the footprint match at the crime scene, so, that's pretty specific... this is the link to the interview that I'm referencing, it was linked previously in another post - http://www.kare11.com/videos/news/2015/11/05/75245014/ part II; and as we now hear, I believe, Trevor had no knowledge of this guy....

It's kind of like the old joke about the husband and wife who keep telling each other to quit smoking; so both lie and conceal their smoking from each other. Then continue to suspect each other ;-) What I mean is, I think information and good evidence has come from multiple sources. I doubt the family knew the details of the full body of evidence, but they knew about other pieces *we* still don't know about; that part coming from people that knew the POI. I think we'll discover (my projection) that a pretty much full accounting for JEW will come from a source we don't know about yet. Suppose someone corroborates what LE knew (and why they kept all this sealed) as early as 1990. But that same source, who will not identify themselves, has been providing more info than LE/Courts have. You know it is probably accurate because it corroborates what you already know, but again, not actionable. You could arrive at this conclusion logically: I'm saying this all follows as the simplest explanation for the sealing of information about the POI while at the same time not "seeming" to do anything with it. Now, maybe that third source releases things in dribs and drabs, so no physical evidence has been recovered ... yet. In my opinion, this is what is happening.

Whatever is going on, there was remarkably high value in sealing and withholding this kind of info from the public, and when a defendant is not named yet that is usually because someone out there clearly knows what happened but won't come clean all at once (esp. - one who will not identify themselves as a material witness). There is a conflict of loyalty and conscience.

I think we'll discover (my projection) that a pretty much full accounting for JEW will come from a source we don't know about yet. Suppose someone corroborates what LE knew (and why they kept all this sealed) as early as 1990. But that same source, who will not identify themselves, has been providing more info than LE/Courts have. You know it is probably accurate because it corroborates what you already know, but again, not actionable. You could arrive at this conclusion logically: I'm saying this all follows as the simplest explanation for the sealing of information about the POI while at the same time not "seeming" to do anything with it. Now, maybe that third source releases things in dribs and drabs, so no physical evidence has been recovered ... yet. In my opinion, this is what is happening.
I sure hope you're right, and that this Heinrich development doesn't end up being just another disappointing dead end. The poor boy needs to be found and returned to his family. They need the solace of some finality, much more so than us online sleuths. If we're as haunted by this case as many of us are, only imagine how Jacob's family and friends have been essentially suspended in time for 26 years.

I am sorry I cannot listen to your podcast ELOC, but my guess is that you continue to be your humble self.

In this life it is something to contribute a great good and you provided the link to hopefully solve this.

I was thinking about Chaplain's remark that maybe this got some redemption for DAH- telling about DH.

DAH did not ask to be born into a life where he was drinking at age 6 and had a horrible home life. So maybe this is just a little something for him that is positive.

DH must have had some incredible ugliness to get where he is.

Jacob has had a tremendous effect on people and hopefully we will continue in the approach of raising children in loving homes like the Wetterlings. Of course they would rather have Jacob, but his impact is felt around the world.

I live in.a Third World nation filled with child sex abuse but not stranger abductions. Children walk around alone and it is fine. But schools have strict policies on the release of children. These issues are influenced by Jacob and the things his parents have done for children as sex abuse is being addressed even in remote parts of the world.

I enjoyed the show but it was so brief. Barely got to dig into much of anything. More please. ��
There was so much more to say! And I know ELOC feels that way, too. Tricia will just have to do another show. That's all there is to it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67