Suspect - Daniel Heinrich

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is true, DAH is around 15 years older than DJH. I would think it would be kind of unusual for men with that big of an age gap to be roommates. I guess it happens though.

Most likely I am way off, but maybe DAH might have molested DJH when he was younger? Or perhaps both knew of eachother inclinations towards prepubescent boys?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Oh, I didn't realize he was that old! I thought they'd been in foster care or treatment together as teens.

So, you think the new POI is not the JEW abductor? Just asking so I can follow the argument. There wasn't anything stated in the documents about a forensic exam of the second car, but it was mentioned regarding the first car. Also, at the time I'm not so sure they thought he was JEW's abductor, but I agree it would be an oversight not to have done the forensics anyway. But lets look at it this way: if the new POI is the party responsible for JEW's abduction, regardless of the actual circumstances of the abduction, I'd think that if a forensics analysis were done and nothing was found it would be mentioned in those same documents. And it seems unlikely nothing would be found since they knew what JEW was wearing. Thus it sounds more likely to me that no forensics analysis was ever done on the second car.
Regarding the first point, that is a fascinating question. I had not thought about that. That is a good question as to why he dropped him off closer to his home.

Exactly. Perhaps they asked to take the whole car to do forensics on it, (while testing the tires), but he must have refused or something because they only took the tires off. I would hope that they wanted/intended to test the inside, but didn't have enough proof (or warrant) to impound the whole car? Though why he'd let them take the tires off without a warrant is weird also. And after the tires matched, wouldn't that be enough evidence to get a warrant to test for DNA inside? I guess the only reason they got inside the Topaz was because the new owners gave permission.
Why wasn't the EXP added to the search warrant? (Since the 1st one is unreadable, I guess it could have been?) But at least they could have watched that car like a hawk until it was sold or junked and tested the hell out of it then!

I guess in my opinion, DJH may not have intended to kill JW, but something went wrong. Then, the biggest search in the state of MN history ensued. Maybe it scared the crap out of DJH, & that was enough to de-escalate his compulsions.
THIS!
Along with maybe the fact it was reported he and his brother were seen arguing of and on when living together? Does the brother know something and/or did he work hard to keep DJH in CHECK after the abduction? OR did DJH keep himself in check as a neighbor often saw him having conversations with himself and arguing with himself!
Just a thought..

If I’m reading your comment right; you’re thinking that DJH proclaiming that ‘they’ll Never pin Jacob’s abduction on him’ is bothersome, because you think that maybe he knows that he’ll get away with it. If that’s the case, I just wanted to say that, that doesn’t bother me. My thinking when I read that, is that it sounds like a guy who is guilty a lot more than someone who actually had nothing to do with it.

The press conference the other day had a U.S. Attorney (federal), FBI special agent in charge, Superintendent of BCA, and Sterns Co Sheriff. They don’t do that for a single arrest on child *advertiser censored*. In fact, as I hate to say it, they really kind of barely mentioned Jared, which to me is a really big thing. I think highly of Jared, and am so glad for him; at the same time; he may have had enough of the publicity and now that the case is confirmed, he may well just want the public part of it to be over with…. Following that, looking at the case, it’s not even that major in the area of an arrest for child *advertiser censored*; they talk about he 3 ring binders and some on his computer; but, there’s not even any mention of him being a part of a major ring or anything. Sometimes they bust rings with like 48 people in 17 countries, etc… and there’s nothing about him producing any *advertiser censored* himself as in, filming himself attacking children or anything. The point, I’m thinking about is that, that whole press conference, which they knew would make national news, was pretty much to announce Heinrich as a person of interest in the abduction of Jacob Wetterling…. I feel pretty certain that they would not have done that if they didn’t feel very strongly that they have a case… His being really sure of himself will only go so far in court, presuming that that's where he's headed, meaning that, I'm 'assuming/presuming' that they plan to upgrade his POI status to defendant in Jacob's case.... At least that’s my thoughts….
I agree Dave! I think FBI have him and are working him hard. What I am not sure about is where Jacob is? Alive or not. I think HE thinks Jacob will never be found. Like he is in an old dried up pond that has something built over it or encased him in cement or something. PLEASE forgive me for typing that as is seems so insensitive. Do you get what I mean though?

I agree Dave! I think FBI have him and are working him hard. What I am not sure about is where Jacob is? Alive or not. I think HE thinks Jacob will never be found. Like he is in an old dried up pond that has something built over it or encased him in cement or something. PLEASE forgive me for typing that as is seems so insensitive. Do you get what I mean though?

His dad was a cement mason :/

So what happens next? Is there supposed to be a press conference?

He was able to indulge in his deviant behavior without serious repercussions for quite sometime. No wonder his confidence was high.

We already know, due to DNA tests, that Heinrich is the one who molested Jared, though he won't be prosecuted due to the statute of limitations. Still, he is a child molester. If he is convicted on the charges of possessing child *advertiser censored*, he would be put away for a very long time. He would also likely go into the general population, where, as a child molester, he would be toast. Officials could offer him some kind of "protection" from the general population if he comes clean and tells them what happened to Jacob if he was involved in his abduction.

I just noticed red markings on either side of DJH's nose in the mug shot. Did he wear glasses?

someone wrote in a post that they read a news article where one of his neighbors said he has lost about 50 pounds since july when they searched his house. I would LOVE to see his mugshot then, and his mug shot from October. Less fat on his nose could contribute to marks on his nose.

DaveK said:
If I’m reading your comment right; you’re thinking that DJH proclaiming that ‘they’ll Never pin Jacob’s abduction on him’ is bothersome, because you think that maybe he knows that he’ll get away with it. If that’s the case, I just wanted to say that, that doesn’t bother me. My thinking when I read that, is that it sounds like a guy who is guilty a lot more than someone who actually had nothing to do with it.

In the search warrant (from 1990) there is a part in it when he is being interrogated and he actually says "I'm being framed". Seriously? Who does that that isn't on a TV show? I wonder if he actually had names ready to give LE as to whom he thought was trying to frame him.

1.) I read the post (a'ways above) saying 'a neighbor said Heinrich has lost apprx. 70 lbs.' - 70 lbs. from when to when??? Now, 2nd poster says Heinrich has lost 50'ish lbs.- when to when ?? SOURCES - LINK PLEASE ! I googled & can find nothing at all about weight loss.

2.) I also read (above) that there is video of Heinrich's home safe showing a gun. Presumably that means there is video out in the press of Heinrich's abode. SOURCE - LINK PLEASE !! Again, I can find nothing at all. Is that a police video - odd IMO if so, because one would NOT expect such a video to be released NOW. And, if it's a press video, then I s'pose the landlord may have let press in (but that would not be right either...).

3.) What keeps coming to my mind is that there are probably A WHOLE LOT of victims who havenever told anyone & never will. One EG is that the former local 'pastor' where I was a kid is now a known pedophile: The 'child' who came forward only did so after MORE THAN 40 YEARS HAD PASSED !!! Another EG is that ME/MYSELF/I was alone & in a very, very dangerous situation with a dangerous perv', years ago when I was a young teen: I never told my parents, never told a sibling, never told a friend (note: far too many years have gone by now to do a thing-legally about what happened, except tell my experience in hopes of helping others).

4.) Another thing we need to keep in mind, related to the-above, but somewhat separate, is how very different life is now with internet, cell phones, instant messaging, ready dissemination of info' - now we have Amber Alerts, routine education to kids in school, etc., etc. And the DNA abilities are all so very new.

Patty Wetterling said one of her 1st big tasks 'to help' was to get fax machines in all sheriff/city police offices !!

5.) Related, too, IMO is the fact to take into account that what one sheriff/deputy or city police chief/officer in one locale would do, years back, VERY LIKELY IMO differed from what another chose to do. EG, the news article states a former 3rd grade teacher in Paynesville remembers 'some talk' about a local pervert-man, but she said people discounted it, didn't really believe it or take it seriously because the rumor was that the pervert-man approached the young boys near the little 'downtown Paynesville' (one main street) & the locals knew that 'downtown Paynesville' shut down by twilight (little boys were not out & about in that area late day).

2.) I also read (above) that there is video of Heinrich's home safe showing a gun. Presumably that means there is video out in the press of Heinrich's abode. SOURCE - LINK PLEASE !! Again, I can find nothing at all. Is that a police video - odd IMO if so, because one would NOT expect such a video to be released NOW. And, if it's a press video, then I s'pose the landlord may have let press in (but that would not be right either...).

It was just a home video DH shot in his house, which LE found in the search. Nothing that's been released to the public.

dh8.JPG

From page 23: http://www.scribd.com/doc/287767126/Heinrich-Criminal-Complaint

I read that his grandmother (his father's mother) died in July of 1989, just 3 monts prior to the JEW abduction. I wonder if he was close to her and this was a traumatic event in his life?

1.) I read the post (a'ways above) saying 'a neighbor said Heinrich has lost apprx. 70 lbs.' - 70 lbs. from when to when??? Now, 2nd poster says Heinrich has lost 50'ish lbs.- when to when ?? SOURCES - LINK PLEASE ! I googled & can find nothing at all about weight loss.

I heard about the weight loss two places. And yes it was all since the July 2015 search of his home.

1. An interview with an older lady that lives across the street from DJH for local Twin Cities news the day after the press conference. I haven't located the interview online yet because I'm not certain which channel it was on. I'll post it if I find it.

2. Also the day after the press conference a gentleman that lives two doors down from DJH called into the KQRS Morning Show here in the Twin Cities and chatted with them for 15-20 minutes about DJH mentioning the sudden weight loss as well.

A podcast of the show is available here (hour 1 of the October 30 show):
http://www.92kqrs.com/podcast/

Regrettably one of the guys on the Morning Show does his very best to further shine the light on DR stopping just short of saying his name. In fairness I understand he didn't know all the new details at that time but I'm still sure it will lead to confusion with some people because of how confident he sounded about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper